• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I hope you enjoy it ^-^ seriously

Lately, I bought Full Metal Panic on DVD, cause I loved it so much. I had to get it. So yea, it was well worth it.

For now though, I've been watching Mai HiME, AIR, and Bleach. Mai HiME has become so hardcore. One down moment after another and another. If it comes out in DVD in the states, I'm so owning it. Bleach on the other hand has become boring episode after boring episode. Nothing else really.

GOTS

Smash Apprentice
A horrible anime that I don't recommend to anyone is Record of Lodoss War.:sleep:

dmac

Smash Champion
full metal panic was okay... i got kinda bored with it heh.
full metal panic? fumoffu, on the otherhand, rocked my freakin world :D

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
New season on anime came out! Too many to list, but ones that I have seen are - Speed Grapher, Ichigo 100%, Erementar Gerad, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Eyeshield 21. Out of these, I think Ichigo 100% and Tsubasa are pretty good. Ichigo 100% is a great show for young men... yeah its perverted alright! Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles is quite a famous manga now turned into anime, so I am looking forward to this being quite good. The first episode wasn't too bad either, a romantic action +adventure series it seems :) Speed grapher is a pretty adult anime, Eyeshield 21 is a high school football anime, and Erementar Gerad is adventure! Which new ones have you guys seen and liked?

dmac

Smash Champion
eyeshield is alright, a little too goofy at times, but I like it.

tsubasa is real tight(clamp so its a little shojou-ish hehhh), i really like the music(same composer as hack//sign, noir, mai hime). only two i've seen so far.

GOTS

Smash Apprentice
MAR is a new anime worth checking out. It seems to be the new bleach of this season. Here's a link
-->MAR

dmac

Smash Champion
checked out erementar gerad... i have to say its very mediocre... could get better i suppose, i'll wait till more of its out and i'll check out some reviews if im bored

ichigo 100% is your typical shonen love hijinks story with plenty of fanservice, decent if you're in the mood for that sort of thing

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Not keeping up with the new season of anime yet. My friend showed me one the other day... I forgot. A girl thats an angel who constantly kills this guy and brings him back to life. Something about him making the perfect pedophile world in the future which is why another angel was sent to kill him. I found it funny, especially the intro, the dude kept getting beaten up.

Right now I'm just watching Read or Die, and I'd like to follow that up with Samurai Champloo.

dmac

Smash Champion
read or die is cool for a little bit then it starts to suck hard about 3/4 the way through. HARD.

samurai champloo is really really really amazing stuff.

im watching mai hime now, and i like it a lot.

edit : mar is pretty sweet, saw the first ep, lookin forward to more

meleemarth

Smash Ace
My favorites are neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop and last initial D. those are my favorite for some reason but whatever lol

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I finished Rahxephon, it was better than I expected thanks for recommending it to me. I just got Noir in the mail 2 days ago, so far it's awesome. When I finish it I'll give my verdict for everyone else.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by dark_dragon8
The Naruto movie is out!! The RAW anyway, expect a sub within days, you all know how popular Naruto is in North America! So go and get the torrent... *cough*saiyaman*cough*
Do you also know how popular DBZ is in north america also!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Donkey Dong, or else... yea

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Well its been a bit over a day since the RAW came out for Naruto and the good guys and DB have now subbed the movie! So go and get that movie right now, I am very excited while getting it!!

The_Great_Demon

Smash Apprentice
str8 up i have a few:
SHAMAN KING(fun stuff)
KYO (best yet best ever....i dont know if its called kyo in U.S)
RANMA 1/2 (havent read in a while so...)
RURONI KENSHIN (wish he would kill people tought lol, good for plot tought)
and just recently got hooked on to FMA (good stuff)
Inuyasha (cool sometimes some episodes are wack)
YUYU HAKISHO (this **** is sick great stuff.. still not better then kyo tought)

EDIT: um by the way some of those are only comic book series i think.

Edit: wolf rain is tight too. Also i started watching Ghost In The Shell again and i wanted to know if everybody died because last episode the girl with purple hair( major) died so i was wondering.

Yagi

Smash Ace
One Piece is one of my favorites, but the manga is much better. Also, my 3 year old son absolutely loves Zoro (there is no way in hell am I calling him Zolo). >=(

Probably my favorite is Berserk, but only because I've read the manga. The anime does about a quarter of the story, so if you like the anime I really recommend reading the manga.

Initial D, GTO, Cowboy Bebop are all up there (live action GTO is top tier, though).

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
OMFG NARUTO!11 Watch Naruto 134 NOW!11

OMG it's great!
If you hate Naruto...start off by shutting the h3ll up.. then download Naruto 134!

Oh man the animation rocks and the action...I just peed my pants hold on...

Back, HOLY SHIZNIT! The Action is great! Much better "high" than you ever got from watching Freiza fight Super Sayjin Goku...

HOLY!
Watch it now!11
BA out..

Top 3 shows?

1. R.O.D. The TV - Just sooooo bad ***.
2. Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - More Badassery, and great Cyberpunk to boot
3. Samurai Champloo - I should hate it as I dislike both genres it incapsulates (Samurai/Hip-Hop Culture), but....I love it instead.

Top 3 films?
1. Ghost in the Shell - It's a little too ceribral for it's own good, but I enjoy it.
2. The Venus Wars - The anime you probibly never heard of, introduced me Anime on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was 12ish, I bought on DVD when I was getting into Anime big time a few years ago, still awesome. Better then Akira anyway.
3. Appleseed - Great visuals, a bit flowery with the story, but it rocks hard core when the action heats up.

Gale

Smash Rookie
I like things that are more introspective, psychological, or which just stand out. That being said:

Evangelion
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Serial Experiments Lain

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
What DMac said. RoD sucked real hard from episode 18 and on. Even the ending sucked :-/ It was still enjoyable, wish it woulda been more interesting in the end.

Whats serial experiment lain about o_o?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I brought this thread back to life because I am once again in need of a good anime to purchase.
I have Lain but the first episode weirded me out so I'm finishing FMA before I try to watch it all. Give me some suggestions guys

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dark Bulb 4.1 said:
Whats serial experiment lain about o_o?
One of the most mind numbing, darkest, cyber...est, sci-fi animes out there. I haven't seen it in about, 5 years, but if my memory is correct the story is about Lain, your average japanese school girl, doesn't stand out too much is kinda timid, and knows ziltch about computers. A week after a friend commits suicide she (and other students at school) recives an email from that girl. Many take it as a prank but Lain wishes to know more about computers. Sloooowly yet surely she learns more and more about computers and networks (and all kinds of Martix-ish stuff) becomes this creepy dominating hacker/cyber-punk who can... make creepy things happen... internet wise (i.e. bend the fabirc of reality through the interent... really creepy).

One a new note: has anyone been watching the Eyeshiled 21 or Yakitate Japan animes? The mangas are awesome, but the animes take it to a whole new level. These shows are hilarious.

2Raw4U2win

Smash Cadet
My favorite was Kenshin, sucks what happens at the end of samauri x...,Inuyasha is probably my 2nd favorite also sucks at the end...,I'm watching that show Scryed right now its really cool. You guys should check out Bsx-Media.com you can get anime there. I think it might be down right now though. Oh full metal alchemist was really cool as well.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
I don't know if anybody's seen it or heard of it, but Case Closed is one of my more favorable anime shows. Why? Because it doesn't take the general cliché of anime fighting and whatnot, and the murder cases are quite intriguing. 'Tis a shame it only comes on at 5:30 AM now, which is usually when I sleep.

Some other anime shows I enjoy are Fooly Cooly, Fullmetal Alchemist, and, oh yeah, can't forget Cowboy Bebop.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok a few posts ago I said 2 of my favorite animes, but now the list is different...

1. Full Metal Panic (and Fumoffu)
2. Sailor Moon
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Slayers
5. Inuyasha
6. Comic Party

Also, where are you guys watching the anime? Anime Network? On Demand? Internet Sites? etc.

Top Bottom