• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Sephiroth27 said:
No, seriously. Can someone tell me what Sakura does in Naruto? I mean, does she do any cool moves…..or…..does she help defeat someone?
She does pretty much nothing in terms of actual fights. She's much weaker than Sasuke and Naruto. I think she eventually just becomes a medic, which she starts training for somewhere around episodes 130-150 or so.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Heh, most of the meth that goes to Charlotte is made here (Ashe). But I suppose this is the wrong topic for that. By the way, anyone seem steamboy? The animation quality was some of the best I've seen.

EDIT: Ashe County, near Boone
Steamboy is not disney, it was by the maker of Akira. Ghibli studios has recently been getting their films produced in America by Disney so they can sell better and be seen by more people, which is causing that misconception with animes a lot lately.

$sD

Smash Ace
Asheville?

if u live there im like a hour or so away

anywayz

i've seen the previews for steamboy and it didnt appeal to me

if im not mistaken wasent like a disney movie or something?

G$$$

Banned via Administration
I think YuYuHakusho is the best anime , although it only had a 112 episode run it made its mark. However
Inuyasha and Naruto have proven to have great promise.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Sephiroth27 said:
No, seriously. Can someone tell me what Sakura does in Naruto? I mean, does she do any cool moves…..or…..does she help defeat someone?
tsunade trains her and she gains 3rd strongest punch in konoha, then she beats the **** out of sasori. she also saves kankuro's live.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Excel Saga is superb. Mainly because Nabeshin is there, but it is very, very funny, sometimes for no reason.

Second pick is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. If it had as many episodes as Excel Saga, it would surpass it. But it remains tied for the most part.

YoruWoNukeru

Smash Cadet
ender said:
tsunade trains her and she gains 3rd strongest punch in konoha, then she beats the **** out of sasori. she also saves kankuro's live.
Um, isn't that a spoiler? :confused:

I'm just saying, I don't think things like that should be said without warning...

Also, why 3rd? I guess Tsunade is 1st, so who's 2nd? I going to guess Gai Sensei? Hmmm...... I'm not SO sure about that, but I wouldn't disagree about it either...

Anyways, Naruto teh pwns? 2nd is Bleach. Just awesome. 3rd would be Fullmetal Alchemist, and I love Prince of Tennis too. (I know some people would disagree about that... ^_^)

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
i really dont like how sakura is being trained by tsunada. sakura has all the fundamentals down and knows ninjutsu by the books, and that should be her strong point. she would make a great teacher at the academy for childrena nd stuff, when she gets older. i tihnk giving her this awsome strength was a bad idea, but hey, what are ya gonna do... if anything i think chojii should be the one to get massively strong, only because hes a big kid, and umpf behind his punches is the only thing hes got going for him.

YoruWoNukeru

Smash Cadet
ChumpMoney said:
i really dont like how sakura is being trained by tsunada. sakura has all the fundamentals down and knows ninjutsu by the books, and that should be her strong point. she would make a great teacher at the academy for childrena nd stuff, when she gets older. i tihnk giving her this awsome strength was a bad idea, but hey, what are ya gonna do... if anything i think chojii should be the one to get massively strong, only because hes a big kid, and umpf behind his punches is the only thing hes got going for him.

... I think Choji is already quite strong. If you read the manga scans, you'll see that Choji has become a lot stronger. But we haven't seen him at full strength, rather a sample of his power. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already obtained incredible strength. ^_^

rezz

Smash Journeyman
.hack//sign
it rules alot of ppl hear say that its not good but you need to see the first ones to know wats going on

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yea, im glad choji has that atleast to back him up. i feared early in the show that he would turn out to be no more than a filler charatcer.

and yea, i love .hack//sign
i feel like its a kind of anime you can watch without having to see it from start to finish. which is hard to do when trying to have a good anime. i like it much more than that other .hack anime, whats it called again?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
NARUTO!!! hands down is the nest anime out right now. it is SOOOOOOOOOO good. i love how you can actually see them fighting and see all their movements. and they fight with all these unique styles and throughout the whole fights they are using all these different moves and junk. like, i hated in dbz where they would be fighting and they would do the same 3 punches or kicks or something over and over, really fast. that was gay. but naruto is just too good.

EDIT: yeah //.hack sucks. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. people say it sucks cuz it does. i saw it from the beginning, the very first episode, and it was gay. so boring. i just wanted to hi the main character and tell him to stop being so depressed. hack doesn't compare to naruto in a million years.

-hiroshi

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Couldn't help but notice in that Ben 10 show (not anime) the main character's grandpa's voice actor has to be the same guy who did Colonel Campbell in Metal Gear Solid, there's no denying the similarity.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
h1roshi said:
yeah //.hack sucks. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. people say it sucks cuz it does. i saw it from the beginning, the very first episode, and it was gay. so boring. i just wanted to hi the main character and tell him to stop being so depressed. hack doesn't compare to naruto in a million years.

-hiroshi
stfu .hack is great now i wach naruto,dbz and eney and all things spikey headed and dont say that its boring in till you see ALL of them (like me)

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
h1roshi said:
EDIT: yeah //.hack sucks. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. people say it sucks cuz it does. i saw it from the beginning, the very first episode, and it was gay. so boring. i just wanted to hi the main character and tell him to stop being so depressed. hack doesn't compare to naruto in a million years.
mabey not, but that dosent mean it sucks.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Naruto is an okay anime but definitely not topnotch. Sure it has an original story (sorta) and alot of popularity, but if I were to rate it, I'd give it an 8. Seriously though, if you really think its the best anime out there, you should do some searching.

Some parts are pretty cool and I have watched all of the up to date episodes.
The story is alright and the first lets say 20 episodes around Haku and Zabuza, were definitely good. The rest of the show is just like a rehash of some of the earlier episodes.

It really pisses me off however how naruto always says he gets stronger and all that **** but every battle he starts off with kage bunshin no jutsu and every one is like "OMG! Which one is the real one?!" Then they all just stand there, or make pitiful attacks. I know once in a while he'll actually to Naruto rendan or some other combo or set up a plan with it but for the most partm he gets his *** whooped and then afterwards he goes I can't lose now I have to protect my friends! Flashback to Naruto's lonely childhood. Something like this happens in nearly every fight, and every idiotic character introduced in this anime. Another thing that pisses me off is that every frikkin character has to has this "unique ability" and if you watch on til Orochimaru's servant guys, some of them have the stupidest traits/abilities just for the sake of not being like soemone else. They talk about how their clan is so great but the most I've ever seen that belong to a clan is like 10 which is in the Uchiha clan and includes all those fagnuts like those old hoagies and those gay guys that accuse Itachi.
Characters always seem to get stronger, but in their next battle, they're back to being useless.
My favourite character in it, Rock Lee, only cause he's not a cheap copy of every other anime hero/villain, and he's completely original compared to the other characters. But even with him, they screwed up. I was amazed when he was kickin gaara's *** with all that speed but even way later, when he is fully healed, and fighting that stupid raiga guy, hes a slowpoke, and definitely weaker.
It's pretty stupid how "EVERYONE" has to get stronger each time. For example, Naruto improves, learns rasengan, and 5 seconds later, all of those weakling classmates are almost as strong.
Then there's painfully boring filler episodes that take up half of this neverending series. They use a stupid idea (fillers aren't the least bit interesting), then relate in the SLIGHTEST way to Orochimaru, or finding Sasuke and there you have your filler.
Uhh this might not matter to most people but the music in this show is just down there. you look at other good animes. Most of them have fabulous opening and endings, or at least a few. I'm telling you, I haevn't seen a single them on Naruto that I would give more than 3 stars. The sound track is okay but horribly repetitive.
Finally, after 170 episodes you'd think that they could improve the quality of the anime but noooo... other than a few select fight scenes, the animation retains its cheesy unworked animation. i'm telling you, even though it's been well over a year since inuyasha finished, its animation throughout was and is definitely better than Naruto's.

Well i'm finished with my ranting. I know you might think it's stupid that I watch even though I say all this stuff about it. I don't hate the show, but I find alot of really crappy stuff in it, and it's one of those shows where I just don't know how to explain why its so popular.
(P.S., I mainly watch the show cause my brother wants me to download it for him cause hes in love with it...)

Immortal Technique

Smash Cadet
Yeha guys I didn't put enough on that last post of mine.

Favorite Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho, You're Under Arrest, Boys Be, Kare Kano, Dragon Ball Z, Gundan Wing, Vandread, Ranma 1/2, Perfect Blue, Spriggan, Princess Mononoke, Shadow Skill, Flame of Recca

^ so what I watch some girls anime, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
mkmelee said:
Uhh this might not matter to most people but the music in this show is just down there. you look at other good animes. Most of them have fabulous opening and endings, or at least a few. I'm telling you, I haevn't seen a single them on Naruto that I would give more than 3 stars. The sound track is okay but horribly repetitive.
ill give you that, the music isint as good as in other animes
Finally, after 170 episodes you'd think that they could improve the quality of the anime but noooo... other than a few select fight scenes, the animation retains its cheesy unworked animation. i'm telling you, even though it's been well over a year since inuyasha finished, its animation throughout was and is definitely better than Naruto's.
theyre the same,compare either one to an anime like yu yu hakusho or dbz, and they suck

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Actually if you watch naruto, you very often get those parts where the characters just look so weird, as if an amateur drew them. You know sometimes their face is angled this way, and the eyes or the nose or something just looks off? You get tonnes of it in DBZ. Naruto has alot of that, as well as those parts where they just keep repeating the exact same thing. For example, the pretty crappily done scenes where they're hopping from tree to tree and it just keeps doing that for like 30 seconds at a time while they talk, or something like the naruto replications just stand there and then they get hit and one after another they disappear with that annoying dunno how to explain it sound. .Higher quality animes usually don't have these kinds of things or at least barely any these days. As for inuyasha, the animation and quality is quite stable and remains good. I can't remember a single frame where the characters looked seriously off. Not that I'm an inuyasha fanboy or anything and I know other animes with just as good or better quality but I was just using others' examples.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
mkmelee said:
Actually if you watch naruto, you very often get those parts where the characters just look so weird, as if an amateur drew them. You know sometimes their face is angled this way, and the eyes or the nose or something just looks off? You get tonnes of it in DBZ. Naruto has alot of that, as well as those parts where they just keep repeating the exact same thing. For example, the pretty crappily done scenes where they're hopping from tree to tree and it just keeps doing that for like 30 seconds at a time while they talk, or something like the naruto replications just stand there and then they get hit and one after another they disappear with that annoying dunno how to explain it sound. .Higher quality animes usually don't have these kinds of things or at least barely any these days. As for inuyasha, the animation and quality is quite stable and remains good. I can't remember a single frame where the characters looked seriously off. Not that I'm an inuyasha fanboy or anything and I know other animes with just as good or better quality but I was just using others' examples.
i agree. naruto will have its moments of awkward animation. but that usually only happens in filler episodes. inuyasha usually does a pretty good job of staying solid when it comes ot quality of the animation. another aspect to remember is that usually anime series have budgeted time and $$ so their stuff might be a litle awkward to make end meet. usually when u have anme movies for example, they have more time to make sure everythin is exactly how the storyboards are written, and the animation is flawless. bebop and champloo doa good job as well. also samurai x does a good job on the animation. some of the worse cases are definately dbz, and yu yu, but i wouldnt lump naruto in that mix because its only on rare occasion that the animation will look half-decent.

Ryuujin

Smash Apprentice
I have a couple...

1. Berserk
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. PeaceMaker
4. Naruto <-- Just a little.
5. S-CRY-Ed
6. Wolf's Rain

:)

Top Bottom