• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fate/Mafia --- ENDGAME: Town Victory: The Dragon Slayer's Judgement

D

Deleted member

I should have turned off Like alerts, I can't find the actual posting alerts.

Anyways, this was the shortest game we've had so far, ending on Day 4, even with a death ratio of 1 per phase(not counting Day 1). Though half of the Mafia's terrible fakeclaiming is certainly to blame, I do have to agree with something White said, that the flavor overtook too much the game. I didn't expect skill names to cause this sort of claiming but, looking back, I should have heard Swamp when we were balancing the roles, at most, keep the Noble Phantasm names since those are easily tied to their characters but skill names made the Mafia's fakeclaiming way too hard for someone without knowledge on the series.

On the topic of how others played, I'll give the spotlight for the newbies:
@Erureido
He was a great newbie on the Mafia team and managed to fakeclaim greatly for someone new to the game(Fate knowledge certainly helped though). Only getting caught by an overlapping ability claim.
Coricus Coricus
Probably the best Town play coming from a newbie I've seen, this girl has some damn brains. She quickly caught on to the scum's actions and never dropped info for those she didn't trust, even when being pressured. Not going according to a plan she had agreed to and redirecting Shiny instead was probably a bad choice but didn't cause any majpr issues in the long run.
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
For being the first Reviver that was actually able to revive, trust me, this doesn't happen often. I mean, ever.

Now, I want to clarify why I believe the Masons(@Pokechu and The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn ) were playing badly, and it's simple: you guys were the scummiest Town from all these games. You two cared more about self-preservation than anything else, anytime one of you two was accused, you'd discuss killing them during the Night, and all the lies about your role(mainly Stoopid with the Commuter thing but Pokechu agreed to the claiming of it) even though it was not necessary at all.
Then there's the way you two played Masons, you barely shared information you had gotten from others(at least in the first Night) and then used it more to plan attacks against others(like you did to Golden on Day 2) and you tried to use it to confirm each other as Town. I put a redacted PM and a miller modifier to prevent this exact thing. Miller is not safe to claim and Mason only raises eyebrows if it's coming from a claimed Miller whose role PM mysteriously gets redacted.

And regarding some of the picks for the Town roles(such as Medea, Medusa and the Hassans), I first wanted to include at least one of the 7 Main Classes, and chose some of my favorites out of each one while also thinking of how they could be translated into Mafia roles. Assassin was an easy Vig and Hindred Faces was a perfect fit for Mason, any Caster could have been an Inventor but Medea os not only one of my favorites but she also has one of my favorite Noble Phantasms(seriously, Rule Breaker is lit) and I needed a Jailkeeper for the Town and Medusa's petrfying abilities fit it the best.
I used the Umbral Star as the flavor villain because I haven't progressed far enough into FGO to know the main villains(but hey, at least Jalter was there!) which automatically lead to Altera and Archimedes being used.
As for some absences: Artoria was planned a Mysterious Heroine X, Nameless/Emiya was cut and the only thing I could think for Iskandar/Alexander was a 3rd Part cult-ish leader but that's a can of worms I didn't want to touch.

As for my experience as a host, I gotta say, it's not for me. Managing all this stuff is time consuming and fuels my paranoia that I might scre up even more than actually playing. The things is, I did love creating all these roles and I'd love to do it again because I'm this kind of person who likes to brainstorm ideas(though my need to reference stuff is what ultimately caused all the skill naming). Writing the flavor was one of my favorites parts though, and the main reason I'm kinda sad it ended so early(I'm still salty I didn't get to write the Cu Chulainn bomb flavor, but I think I'll give you guys a sample version for what I had planned later).

If I had to host again? I'll do it when I have a lot of time avaible(I might get in the university course I wanted in some days so I'll probably be busy enough that I won't be able to host a game for a while). Making up roles for another flavor and getting to write more flavor like the ones I did this game are what woild drive me to do so. I'd love to do a MHA one but seems Swamp has that covered(and I'm very much looking forward to it).

Also, I got way too easily annoyed by the knowledge given to me by my omnipresence and that made me do some unfortunate comments towards Pokechu and Stoopid, which I apologize for.
Though I may believe you two may not have played well, it doesn't excuse the comments I made towards you two.
Let's see if we can get a 3rd Party victory for once.

With all that said, I want to congratulate the Town for it's 99% flawless victory(rip golen).
And now, I look forward to the next game, want to get back into the action, even though I now almost nothing about Dragon Ball.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My brain's clearly not on all cylinders right now, but IIRC Yomi bounced around trying to accuse multiple players of being liars that had already clarified why they weren't.

White deflected like hell the next day, too.

And so we have the most noble and poetic dying words of all time.

"Oh." -NonSpecificGuy, ????-2018

(Hey, I went with your plan, Uni just has an uncanny self-preservation instinct LOL)
So, I gotta ask. What the hell was the plan?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I got to say, I am quite happy that I fared well for my first Mafia game.

It's quite fun. Wouldn't mind doing more of these.

D

Deleted member

If a mafia host dishonors me, my already low ego will pummel even lower.
"Shiny is stupid he forgets roles and is too stupid to defend himself."
I got to say, I am quite happy that I fared well for my first Mafia game.

It's quite fun. Wouldn't mind doing more of these.
Well.... it was kind of my fault for killing the revivers in the past games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I should have turned off Like alerts, I can't find the actual posting alerts.

Anyways, this was the shortest game we've had so far, ending on Day 4, even with a death ratio of 1 per phase(not counting Day 1). Though half of the Mafia's terrible fakeclaiming is certainly to blame, I do have to agree with something White said, that the flavor overtook too much the game. I didn't expect skill names to cause this sort of claiming but, looking back, I should have heard Swamp when we were balancing the roles, at most, keep the Noble Phantasm names since those are easily tied to their characters but skill names made the Mafia's fakeclaiming way too hard for someone without knowledge on the series.

On the topic of how others played, I'll give the spotlight for the newbies:
@Erureido
He was a great newbie on the Mafia team and managed to fakeclaim greatly for someone new to the game(Fate knowledge certainly helped though). Only getting caught by an overlapping ability claim.
Coricus Coricus
Probably the best Town play coming from a newbie I've seen, this girl has some damn brains. She quickly caught on to the scum's actions and never dropped info for those she didn't trust, even when being pressured. Not going according to a plan she had agreed to and redirecting Shiny instead was probably a bad choice but didn't cause any majpr issues in the long run.
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
For being the first Reviver that was actually able to revive, trust me, this doesn't happen often. I mean, ever.

Now, I want to clarify why I believe the Masons(@Pokechu and The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn ) were playing badly, and it's simple: you guys were the scummiest Town from all these games. You two cared more about self-preservation than anything else, anytime one of you two was accused, you'd discuss killing them during the Night, and all the lies about your role(mainly Stoopid with the Commuter thing but Pokechu agreed to the claiming of it) even though it was not necessary at all.
Then there's the way you two played Masons, you barely shared information you had gotten from others(at least in the first Night) and then used it more to plan attacks against others(like you did to Golden on Day 2) and you tried to use it to confirm each other as Town. I put a redacted PM and a miller modifier to prevent this exact thing. Miller is not safe to claim and Mason only raises eyebrows if it's coming from a claimed Miller whose role PM mysteriously gets redacted.

And regarding some of the picks for the Town roles(such as Medea, Medusa and the Hassans), I first wanted to include at least one of the 7 Main Classes, and chose some of my favorites out of each one while also thinking of how they could be translated into Mafia roles. Assassin was an easy Vig and Hindred Faces was a perfect fit for Mason, any Caster could have been an Inventor but Medea os not only one of my favorites but she also has one of my favorite Noble Phantasms(seriously, Rule Breaker is lit) and I needed a Jailkeeper for the Town and Medusa's petrfying abilities fit it the best.
I used the Umbral Star as the flavor villain because I haven't progressed far enough into FGO to know the main villains(but hey, at least Jalter was there!) which automatically lead to Altera and Archimedes being used.
As for some absences: Artoria was planned a Mysterious Heroine X, Nameless/Emiya was cut and the only thing I could think for Iskandar/Alexander was a 3rd Part cult-ish leader but that's a can of worms I didn't want to touch.

As for my experience as a host, I gotta say, it's not for me. Managing all this stuff is time consuming and fuels my paranoia that I might scre up even more than actually playing. The things is, I did love creating all these roles and I'd love to do it again because I'm this kind of person who likes to brainstorm ideas(though my need to reference stuff is what ultimately caused all the skill naming). Writing the flavor was one of my favorites parts though, and the main reason I'm kinda sad it ended so early(I'm still salty I didn't get to write the Cu Chulainn bomb flavor, but I think I'll give you guys a sample version for what I had planned later).

If I had to host again? I'll do it when I have a lot of time avaible(I might get in the university course I wanted in some days so I'll probably be busy enough that I won't be able to host a game for a while). Making up roles for another flavor and getting to write more flavor like the ones I did this game are what woild drive me to do so. I'd love to do a MHA one but seems Swamp has that covered(and I'm very much looking forward to it).

Also, I got way too easily annoyed by the knowledge given to me by my omnipresence and that made me do some unfortunate comments towards Pokechu and Stoopid, which I apologize for.
Though I may believe you two may not have played well, it doesn't excuse the comments I made towards you two.
Let's see if we can get a 3rd Party victory for once.

With all that said, I want to congratulate the Town for it's 99% flawless victory(rip golen).
And now, I look forward to the next game, want to get back into the action, even though I now almost nothing about Dragon Ball.
Mystery novels as a kid, crime dramas as a teen, TV Tropes as an adult. . .never guessed the actual end result of anything in my life despite it. XD

In the end my main failure was not knowing who to trust between two groups of people that I trusted but distrusted each other. . .and that ended up being because they were both trustworthy and just clanking against each other. Despite my trying to over-stealth during the first Day and Night, my gut and completely impulsive honesty streak whenever pressed pulled through for the most part. Shockingly.

D

Deleted member

Mystery novels as a kid, crime dramas as a teen, TV Tropes as an adult. . .never guessed the actual end result of anything in my life despite it. XD

In the end my main failure was not knowing who to trust between two groups of people that I trusted but distrusted each other. . .and that ended up being because they were both trustworthy and just clanking against each other. Despite my trying to over-stealth during the first Day and Night, my gut and completely impulsive honesty streak whenever pressed pulled through for the most part. Shockingly.
Well someone is proud of you for that intelligence:

Seriously, good job! That was an excellent performance for a newbie!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Coricus Coricus definetly was the highlight for this game imo.

I look forward to seeing what she can do as a mafia.
I will either be an all-star criminal overlord or fail utterly and completely.

There is no in between.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, I gotta ask. What the hell was the plan?
You kill Pokechu, somebody else (did Z25 give their Love Potion to someone else or something?) tied Pokechu to Uni, Z25 was jailed because. . .IDK, and Praline checked you while it happened.

IDK if there was anything else to it, that's about all I was in the loop for.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You kill Pokechu, somebody else (did Z25 give their Love Potion to someone else or something?) tied Pokechu to Uni, Z25 was jailed because. . .IDK, and Praline checked you while it happened.

IDK if there was anything else to it, that's about all I was in the loop for.
I wasn't even in the loop that much. So **** me sideways.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If it weren't for the mafia shooting themselves in the foot with their fake claims, town would've lost lol

Shoutouts to White for actually making some research for his tho.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait.. you were a pivitol part, but nobody told you?
Yep, Mafia in a nutshell. Didn't even try to kill Pokechu either though so I guess that plan went to **** since I wasn't told...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If I hadn't tagged Erureido to defend myself, he probably wouldn't have dropped in and shot himself with the foot by claiming he could kill all of us if we vote him.

My stoopid luck ****ing saved me and likely gave away the last mafioso too. :laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I hadn't tagged Erureido to defend myself, he probably wouldn't have dropped in and shot himself with the foot by claiming he could kill all of us if we vote him.

My stoopid luck ****ing saved me and likely gave away the last mafioso too. :laugh:
He shot himself with a foot? That’s pretty metal.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Nearly die by the stoopid, live by the stoopid.

I'd almost say you were a Fool, but that's not how that trope is rigged to work in Mafia.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He shot himself with a foot? That’s pretty metal.
GODDAMMIT

WRONG WORD!

I'm keeping it though because that really sounds badass.

Nearly die by the stoopid, live by the stoopid.

I'd almost say you were a Fool, but that's not how that trope is rigged to work in Mafia.
I'm still an idiot though, and I accept that if my name is anything to go by :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I also point out that Shiny started Day 2 by trying to lynch Aussie?

If he had his way he would have continued his streak of killing the reviver. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That was Shiny's actual plan.

Balance the mafia game by getting rid of the reviver each game!

Top Bottom