• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fate/Mafia --- ENDGAME: Town Victory: The Dragon Slayer's Judgement

D

Deleted member

6 slots open.
Only remaining people that have been tagged that haven't said whether or not they're going to participate:
-Tri (Might still be taking a break)
-Apollo
-Me
-Holder (Most likely going to spectate)
-Kirby Dragons
-N3ON (Has been avoiding this place the like the plague)
-Alucard (shouldn't even count, honestly; he kind of left the group without actually leaving the group)
-RamOne
-Red

....I'm not really going to have a choice, am I?

EDIT: And I swear, if you make a "You can't escape Fate" joke, Uni.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Quick question: how much of a time commitment is necessary for the participants? A few hours each night, one hour a night, or something else?

6 slots open.
Only remaining people that have been tagged that haven't said whether or not they're going to participate:
-Apollo
-Me
-Holder (Most likely going to spectate)
-Kirby Dragons
-Alucard (shouldn't even count, honestly; he kind of left the group without actually leaving the group)
-RamOne
-Red

....I'm not really going to have a choice, am I?
Don't do something you don't want to do dude.

The point of these things is fun. Why do you think im not joining the weeb game lol
:061:

You joined the last weeb game though.
And im hosting one too, I just needed to get a dig on shish :troll:

Quick question: how much of a time commitment is necessary for the participants? A few hours each night, one hour a night, or something else?
Depends on the phase/role.

Most of the time, it's an hour or two a day max, spread throughout the day. Sometimes it's like 3 minutes because everyone knows what they're doing though lol.

It isn't like you need to spend 6 hours chatting, just occasional check ins. And just read the damn chat.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Depends on the phase/role.

Most of the time, it's an hour or two a day max, spread throughout the day. Sometimes it's like 3 minutes because everyone knows what they're doing though lol.

It isn't like you need to spend 6 hours chatting, just occasional check ins. And just read the damn chat.
Okay, good to know. I'm pretty busy for most of the day, especially on the weekends, so I'm glad to know that the time commitment is rather short.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Depends.

It's possible for one hour a night to be fine.

But you might be caught up in the game that you spend several.

There are basically 3 ways to play from what little i've seen

1. The one and done
You basically only come in to vote or perform a night action and not much else. This isn't really good play and makes it really hard to enjoy the game because you probably aren't getting invested. It also makes it hard to get any information out of anyone and makes you look suspicious. Takes like 10 minutes a day max since it's jsut reading and one post
2. The beginning and the end
Basically only around at the beginning and end of every phase. You are slightly more active and you're decisions will be more accurate than just one or the other. You can usually make decent decisions here and you wont look as suspicious, but an entire game of this type of player couldn't survive. Maybe half an hour?
3. The true villager
Active all the time. Keeps the action going and gets invested as hell. Going to probably be a valuable asset because of all the info they can get out and the fact their decisions will be the most informed. May be bad for your mental state and cause you to be paranoid IRL. Varies wildly based on how active the day is, but I would put it around an hour average
1 Is certainly ok for a newcomer as you're still learning, but 2 and 3 are preferred.

If anyone wants to make a counterclaim, you have the floor. I dont have any AA gifs ready so don't worry :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also, is there a way I can be added to this group forum for the time being? Whenever I get a notification about this thread, the thread is only listed as "." and tells me there is an error when I try to click on the notification.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There are basically 3 ways to play from what little i've seen

1. The one and done
You basically only come in to vote or perform a night action and not much else. This isn't really good play and makes it really hard to enjoy the game because you probably aren't getting invested. It also makes it hard to get any information out of anyone and makes you look suspicious. Takes like 10 minutes a day max since it's jsut reading and one post
2. The beginning and the end
Basically only around at the beginning and end of every phase. You are slightly more active and you're decisions will be more accurate than just one or the other. You can usually make decent decisions here and you wont look as suspicious, but an entire game of this type of player couldn't survive. Maybe half an hour?
3. The true villager
Active all the time. Keeps the action going and gets invested as hell. Going to probably be a valuable asset because of all the info they can get out and the fact their decisions will be the most informed. May be bad for your mental state and cause you to be paranoid IRL. Varies wildly based on how active the day is, but I would put it around an hour average
1 Is certainly ok for a newcomer as you're still learning, but 2 and 3 are preferred.

If anyone wants to make a counterclaim, you have the floor. I dont have any AA gifs ready so don't worry :p

I do, look how day 4 was last game when I came so close to flipping the game upside down because being invested to fight my defense was fun.

:p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Red's out.

Even above and beyond prior reasons, some other stuff's come up. If I thought I wasn't giving last game enough attention - and I wasn't - this game I'd get hostkilled for inactivity.

Throw me in as a spook in the graveyard, though. I'll pop in as I can.

D

Deleted member

Red's out.

Even above and beyond prior reasons, some other stuff's come up. If I thought I wasn't giving last game enough attention - and I wasn't - this game I'd get hostkilled for inactivity.

Throw me in as a spook in the graveyard, though. I'll pop in as I can.
I will miss you :(, but I understand why would you quit. Work is really pulling a toll of your SmashBoards time, huh?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I will miss you :(, but I understand why would you quit. Work is really pulling a toll of your SmashBoards time, huh?
Work doesn't really affect my SB time heavily. Just due to the job I do, I'm in front of a computer for the vast majority of my shift, so I'm typically around to some degree or another.

Like I've said in PMs and graveyard, I'd already been affected pretty roughly by the last couple Maf games and was already planning on sitting the next one out, but I also expected Zeb's or Praline's to come up and figured I'd spend my break cohosting. So when Shoe's came up first and the roster looked thin I admit I at least considered it.

But now something else has come up that demands a much greater share of my attention. I have no idea how it will affect my SB habits, but it absolutely counts me out of Mafia for a bit.

This situation is personal though. For now, I don't want to go into details.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, at first I wasn't gonna sign up for this one, but I've been thinking so much about this... I decided to give it a shot. Even though my last games were just horrible, I'll try yet again.

The main reason I decided to play is because you're the host Shish, I want to see whatever stuff you've made. Hopefully I don't regret this :laugh:

• Each phase lasts 24 hours, starting and ending at 0:00/12 AM on UTC-3.
  • Posting in the main thread is only allowed during Day and Tiebreaker phases. Reactions to Day results are allowed only up to 30 minutes after they're out.
  • Ties result in a 30-minute Tiebreaker phase immediately after Day phase ends. Players who did not vote for the tied players may cast their vote during this. Another tie results in both users getting lynched
Yay, another game I won't be able to tie break, o react to deaths... I hate time lines. Also, I'll ask now before the game starts, is there a NoLynch option?

Well, time to spoil myself all I can about Fate. I'll be heading to read the wiki, looking forward to the beginning of the game.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Yeah... bad idea, just opened the first page of the wiki, and counted 44 entries in different entries, sequels, spin-offs, and even more nonsense (one of them looked like a cooking show, like, for real?). Those who follow Fate, how can you keep up with all this nonsense?

Whatever, guess I'll go blind into the game, I only know this blonde chick Saber, but I know the memes about everyone being Saber, so guess I'm in for a ride...

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if I can't get the minimum required, I'll just have to postpone it, maybe by then some folks will come back from their mafia break.
I'll add DJ and Red as spectators and Apollo in the game for now though.
Yeah... bad idea, just opened the first page of the wiki, and counted 44 entries in different entries, sequels, spin-offs, and even more nonsense (one of them looked like a cooking show, like, for real?). Those who follow Fate, how can you keep up with all this nonsense?

Whatever, guess I'll go blind into the game, I only know this blonde chick Saber, but I know the memes about everyone being Saber, so guess I'm in for a ride...
"It's not all that complicated when you get into it."~ a Kingdom Hearts fan, probably

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"It's not all that complicated when you get"~ a Kingdom Hearts fan, probably
ROXAS LOOKS LIKE VENTUS BECAUSE VEN’S HEART WAS INSIDE OF SORA’S WHEN SORA STABBED HIMSELF IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE KAIRI FROM ANSEM WHO WAS ACTUALLY XEHANORT AND THIS ALSO MADE NAMINE OUT OF KAIRI'S HEART EVEN THOUGH HER BODY'S LITERALLY RIGHT THERE AND THEN THEY DECIDE TO CLONE ROXAS AND MAKE XION BUT <VIOLENT SEIZURE NOISES AND FROTHING>.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ could you please answer the important part of my post? Or will you answer it when the game starts?
Oh yeah, my bad.
And yes, there's a No Lynch option.
I feel like forcing the Town to kill someone every day might not be that good of a choice
Not that it matters because we always lynch someone even when not necessary

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
However long you want really, as long as you vote / do abilities. But I'll get more out of it if you spend like an hr idk. It depends on the day for me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I can't even name one character from FGO and I learned from the past game I like Mafia more when I know the setting and/or characters, so I'll skip this one too. I'm always in to be a spectator, though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly, if I can't get the minimum required, I'll just have to postpone it, maybe by then some folks will come back from their mafia break.
I'll add DJ and Red as spectators and Apollo in the game for now though.

"It's not all that complicated when you get into it."~ a Kingdom Hearts fan, probably
Better to postpone than being forced to host kill.

My GOT one I'll be making like 12 roles at the start. Incase mafia isn't as popular as it was in the start. Can always add more later. Or make it work with 12 but also work with 16 and leave the roles that didn't get a chance for a sequel. But prob won't have the time by then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5 slots open.
-Me
-Kirby Dragons

....**** it.
Put me on the list. No way around it.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I stumbled upon this picture on my twitter feed, and I want you guys to tell me how accurate it is

I know nothing about Fate, so I don't really know how funny this is, but man, I hope I get Tony Hawk as a role now.

D

Deleted member

I think we should try to advertise the group in more places than just the Social.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Opossum
You guys know any other places in the site that there would be users interested in Mafia?
5 slots open.
-Me
-Kirby Dragons

....**** it.
Put me on the list. No way around it.
Golden, I don't want you to force yourself to play if you don't want to, and that's what you sound like. I don't mind having to postpone it, the group is (hopefully) not going anywhere.
I stumbled upon this picture on my twitter feed, and I want you guys to tell me how accurate it is

I know nothing about Fate, so I don't really know how funny this is, but man, I hope I get Tony Hawk as a role now.
That's probably the simplest way to put the timeline together, yeah, it's pretty darn accurate.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think we should try to advertise the group in more places than just the Social.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Opossum
You guys know any other places in the site that there would be users interested in Mafia?
There have been many mafia games in the Decisive Games section.

If anyone was to join though, they'll be a lot more serious than us probably, and their games aren't ever as crazy.

D

Deleted member

As if there was ever any doubt. :smirk:
Actually, yes, since the theme in particular is one I've been overexposed to with a big part of it due to the guy I was trying to get into this game that declined and have grown rather tired of it.
Golden, I don't want you to force yourself to play if you don't want to, and that's what you sound like. I don't mind having to postpone it, the group is (hopefully) not going anywhere.
Just don't make me Tamamo (because I'm especially sick of seeing that overrated fox's face on Discord and when I look at fan art of someone from an unrelated series) and I'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

Actually, yes, since the theme in particular is one I've been overexposed to with a big part of it due to the guy I was trying to get into this game that declined and have grown rather tired of it.

Just don't make me Tamamo (because I'm especially sick of seeing that overrated fox's face on Discord and when I look at fan art of someone from an unrelated series) and I'll be fine.
Are you sure about it? Signing out is a crime punished with death I really don't want you to feel like you're being forced to play

D

Deleted member

There have been many mafia games in the Decisive Games section.

If anyone was to join though, they'll be a lot more serious than us probably, and their games aren't ever as crazy.
Maybe then the Town will stop sucking
I am sure.
If you say so.

I still need 4 others but at this rate I think I'll just have to pu it on hold and wait for other users to come out of their mafia break

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Advertised to twitter and some discords. Lets see if anyone pops up. I wanna playa asap haha.

Top Bottom