• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faster fireballs..

j3ly

Smash Champion
Ive looked into this and there is simply no way of doing it... apart from...
edge cancelling possibly? i know its hard but im sure it must be possible. someone please look into this!!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Unfortunately I don't think so. While you can slide off an edge while doing a fireball it doesn't cause the lag of the move to cancel. That only seems to hold for B moves that already cancel if you land while doing them (like Fox/Falco's lasers).

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
having Mario with faster fireballs would be so epic. Mindgames would become much easier then what it is and combos would work out more plain and simple

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The only way to make mario (or doc, or luigi) fireball faster is to get hit out of the recovery frames of the animation.

A.k.a., you throw a fireball right as you get hit with a falco laser or something.

But realistically, there's absolutely no way to do it.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
the only thing i know of is ledge hopping > fireball > catch edge again > repeat. I don't know if it really cancels the lag or anything. but its pretty usefull when your on the ledge and your opponent is approaching.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that would be absolutely ********. The only B moves that can be edge canceled are those that have landing lag. Ie, most side Bs that propel you, like luigi's, falcon's, fox's, etc. They all have landing lag. Hence why mario's up-B can be canceled, but not his neutral, side or down B.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Does it count if you cancel Ganon's wizard foot on the cloud in YS?
define cancel. Do you mean you did an aerial down b and landed on the cloud and slid off, canceling the lag, or you hit the cloud and then the cloud went into the stage and you slid off? Any animation that is exclusive to the ground is canceled if the ground disappears, so If it's the second case, that's not what I mean by edge canceling. Smash attacks, grabs, etc, all cancel if the cloud slides into the stage simply because there is no equivalent animation in the air. Ganon's down B in the air has a landing animation so it gets canceled as well. If you slid off the edge after using the down b in the air though, I didn't know that was possible simply because when you hit the ground with it you lose all momentum(or so I thought), ala bowsers down B.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeaaaahhh waveland is sweet after a fireball. also i like stopping his forward movement at the peak of the jump into waveland,

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
hells yeah its a mindgame. Plus mixing up Wave land fireballs and short hop fireballs changes the trajectory of the fireball so the opponent cant predict where the next fireball will come from.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i used to love sh fireball but i hate bein grounded durin the lag animation

HiIH

Smash Lord
The only legit strategy is to tilt the stick forward to walk slowly, and then press the B button to throw a fireball at random intervals. When you reach the edge turn around and continue. That part is really important, or you'll kill yourself.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i wonder if shooting a fireball at the ledge can be a legit ledge guard. erm jumping out reverse fireball at edge so it bounces down and outwards.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lool thats a nice idea, may only work against low recovering samus's and stupid luigis though. It may trick them, but you can achieve a much better angle by standing on the stage. perhaps jump out, this fireball tech u speak of, follower by a reverse bair or something to maybe stage spike - but thats so situational, and i think mario has some excellent edgeguarding options to take this ones stead.

However i just tried this fireball tech u speak of on FoD, lol, if angel correctly, the fireball drops downwards and THAT is cool - so thanks lunar! maybe when i finally sort my recording equipment situation i can make a vid, and to my knowledge i'm playing some more skilled smashers than myself 2mo so i will try my darnedest to gimp somebody on FoD lol. but it looks harder to master then consistently doing that perfect waveland on platforms x_x

All hail the ultimate advanced technique, perfect wavelanding on platforms at all times

EDIT: aside from caping, mario doesn't have that good an edgeguard game, but by power of nintendo, the lil man can gimp the high tiers. *wipes tear from corner of eye*

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
lol. anyways...

first off, i go by irony now(il try to upgrade my account and change it sometime later)

second, this tech is like when pika hits u with the up b as a mindgame edgeguard. situational, but it can stir things up. bounce it off randal on YS?

third, good luck tommorow j3ly ^.^

j3ly

Smash Champion
sweet just found out fuzzyness nd professor pro will b ther 0.o

wow randal idea is really good actually and probably not too hard if i can get a grab in the right window . unfortunately fireball does nothing to fire bird/fox unless its still charging

Top Bottom