• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farore's Wind

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Here goes my first post!

Anyway, I've been watching some match videos with Zelda, and no one ever seems to use Farore's Wind as an offensive move. They always just go straight up.

I feel like this move has a lot of potential. It's great for attacking opponents that are edge-guarding, or charging special or smash attacks. With Zelda's final smash, you can use it from side to side to trick out your opponent and then attack. And it's a good set up for the f-air.

Perhaps people don't know it does damage now?

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I once used it online against Marth. In a Sudden Death.

I really wasn't expecting it to actually KO him. I spontaneously decided to use Farore's Wind and land by Marth, instead I landed in him and KO'd him. I was expecting it to do nothing and then proceed to get killed but, well, it didn't

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I once used it online against Marth. In a Sudden Death.

I really wasn't expecting it to actually KO him. I spontaneously decided to use Farore's Wind and land by Marth, instead I landed in him and KO'd him. I was expecting it to do nothing and then proceed to get killed but, well, it didn't
Sounds risky, but I bet it would catch a lot of people off guard.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
What videos are you watching? Most Zeldas I play use FW very liberally. It's an excellent tool for offensiveness and mindgames. Also if you're far enough you can punish another Zelda that's trying to Din you. That's happened to me quite often.

But yeah, I'm sure most Zeldas here will use FW to some extent. I like using it for spacing and surprise smashing, because most people expect you to teleport on top of them.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I use it offensivly, I got a FW kill the other day :D

But I mostly use it for, other then recovery, as an interupt. Ikes >B or something of the like, or a spacer.

South-west/east are your friends.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I use Farore's Wind as an attack all the time :) But I do try to keep it unexpected.

Unfortunately there aren't that many videos out showcasing a Zelda who knows what he/she is doing but given a few months I think we'll begin to see it.

PS,
Most definitely won a Sudden Death this morning (random team-style) by Farore's Wind-ing into a Marth and a Rob :D My only regret is that I couldn't see their faces when I did it.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Be very careful when you start to use this move aggressively. I can tell you from first-hand experience that eventually you will become predictable, and you'll have to tone it down. And in my case, toning down my FW usage took some time...

FW kos in sudden death are awesome, especially on wifi. Generally if you're playing on battlefield, an east-southeast or west-southwest teleport (depending on which platform you start on) will land on your opponent, if you know that they'll drop down from their platform right away. I start a lot of my matches on battlefield with a teleport, depending on who I'm fighting. I remember hitting spazn with it the start of every match a few weeks ago. XD She's caught on now, though. >.<

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Yeah listen to Luthien^^^. He always knows what he's talking about. The week the smash back room decides to review Zelda is probably the week he gets into the smash back room.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
What videos are you watching? Most Zeldas I play use FW very liberally. It's an excellent tool for offensiveness and mindgames. Also if you're far enough you can punish another Zelda that's trying to Din you. That's happened to me quite often.

But yeah, I'm sure most Zeldas here will use FW to some extent. I like using it for spacing and surprise smashing, because most people expect you to teleport on top of them.
what he said.. videos with offensive usage of farores wind have been around since before NA brawl release >:(

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Haha, more replies than I was expecting. :p

I see what you mean about it becoming predictable. I FWd into Ike's dogde, and then he b*tchslapped me with his sword. ):

I generally start the match as Zelda, get a couple of f-airs and f-smashes in, then change to Sheik to get the damage up above 100% pretty quickly, and then back to Zelda to finish it off. Sheik's NeedleStorm is great for interupting moves. Especially Ike's dash.

I have the most trouble with small characters. Kirby, Fox, Toon Link. They're too hard to hit in the air.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Be very careful when you start to use this move aggressively. I can tell you from first-hand experience that eventually you will become predictable, and you'll have to tone it down. And in my case, toning down my FW usage took some time...
My favorite quote from you ever.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I use FW as an offensive move as well. I can almost always hit my opponent with it if I want to, but I still have to train to space with it. After that I have to train to be unpredictable, I guess. And not overuse it. C'mon, if we want to overuse anything, it's Din's Fire. :)

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
love using this move when the person is a good distance i use it for mindgames by just holding down and landing in the same place, i do it like twice then go to them and they dont shield cuhz they dont think im coming to hit them xD so funny :]

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I use it offensively from time to time. it's weak, but it's got GREAT trajectory. I've gotten a few kills with it.... just make sure you only pull it out as a surprise as it's REALLY punishable if you get predicatable.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
No prob. Basically it hits a person up into the stage, and the stage "spikes" them. Of course, if they tech they're safe, but most of the time that won't happen.

Top Bottom