• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmer Pitches in! (Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons Farmer for Super Smash Bros Ultimate)

Would you like to see the Harvest Moon Farmer in Smash?

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master

There's been a lot of SoS PoOT news lately (side-note: I do not know if I will ever get used to the acronym PoOT), but the weirdest one has to be this casual confirmation of a literal unicorn.

I do not know how I find this surprising when we already have had cows that produce chocolate milk, strawberry milk, and mocha milk... but... I still am surprised.

That's... a literal unicorn.

amageish

Smash Master
PoOT has DLC confirmed!

This includes both cosmetic DLC and DLC that brings back some Romantic Options from previous games.

So, it's time to do what SmashBoards does best and speculate. What characters would y'all like to see come back as romantic options?

From Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands, I really like Pierre, who has since become a reoccurring character through the DS games turning up in Grand Bazzar and Tale of Two Towns as a NPC as well. Yuri from A New Beginning has a really solid design too. The entire cast of the original Story of Seasons really clicks with me design-wise, with Licorice being my favourite (though apparently her outfit is a preorder bonus in Japan, so she's probably not coming herself this game). Of the classics, I like Marie/Mary and Celia a lot, though I don't know if I especially want the FoMT town crowd to be in here again after we just got them.

Edit: They have already been announced. That didn't take long.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
New marriage candidates
Blondes: Niel, Felicity, Iris, Lisette
Other: Raeger, Ludus
• (A New Beginning) Felicity unfortunately looks more like a doll than Blaire. I prefer Witch Princess because she is recurent.
• (Story of Seasons) Iris is my favorite choice because... she looks the most like an adult.
• (Trio of Towns) Lisette looks like the recurent woman Popupri so I may like the idea, better than Bridget. I'm waiting for the new design

Some comments:
— Another angsty blonde boy to add to the other angsty blonde boy.
I know Neil's a popular pick but it does seem redundant with Damon aroun.
— Dameon and Neil both are not only majorly tsundere, but they’re also big animal lovers. So it feels like they’re too similar.
all these pasty blonde boys
😆 killing me... Let's get some tall dark and manly up in this place.
— Laughing at all the blonde girl dupes and angsty blond boy dupes.
So disappointed with the choice of new bachelorettes. Why are they all blondes? Why do they all essentially look the same?
— That's...that's a lot of blond/es..
I think it's good to have more candidates of colour than yet another blond white boy...

— My biggest issue with POoT is that most of the bachelors are essentially the same guy in different outfits and then they add Neil who is basically Damon with a longer coat lol

amageish

Smash Master
New marriage candidates
Blondes: Niel, Felicity, Iris, Lisette
Other: Raeger, Ludus
• (A New Beginning) Felicity unfortunately looks more like a doll than Blaire. I prefer Witch Princess because she is recurent.
• (Story of Seasons) Iris is my favorite choice because... she looks the most like an adult.
• (Trio of Towns) Lisette looks like the recurent woman Popupri so I may like the idea, better than Bridget. I'm waiting for the new design

Some comments:
— Another angsty blonde boy to add to the other angsty blonde boy.
I know Neil's a popular pick but it does seem redundant with Damon aroun.
— Dameon and Neil both are not only majorly tsundere, but they’re also big animal lovers. So it feels like they’re too similar.
all these pasty blonde boys
😆killing me... Let's get some tall dark and manly up in this place.
— Laughing at all the blonde girl dupes and angsty blond boy dupes.
So disappointed with the choice of new bachelorettes. Why are they all blondes? Why do they all essentially look the same?
— That's...that's a lot of blond/es..
I think it's good to have more candidates of colour than yet another blond white boy...

— My biggest issue with POoT is that most of the bachelors are essentially the same guy in different outfits and then they add Neil who is basically Damon with a longer coat lol
Yeah, I'm not in love with the selection overall, but I'm content with it all. I think every choice is fine and logical in a vacuum - they're all popular - but we're definitely doubling and even tripling down on several tropes...

I imagine they didn't pick the Witch Princess because they wanted it to be ANB pack and not a reoccurring character pack, but fair.

SoS maybe has my fave set of bachelors/bachelorettes in recent memory, partly because everyone looks grown up and everyone has really unique jobs for the most part. They all just stand out nicely... which makes me a bit underwhelmed they picked the cook for this DLC, as it's not like we don't have any chefs in the game already....

As for ToT... my fave bachelors/bachelorettes from it were the ones DLC in that game, so they never really had a chance. Oh well.

Ornl

Smash Ace
SoS maybe has my fave set of bachelors/bachelorettes in recent memory, partly because everyone looks grown up and everyone has really unique jobs for the most part. They all just stand out nicely... which makes me a bit underwhelmed they picked the cook for this DLC, as it's not like we don't have any chefs in the game already....
From SoS, I consider this characters are well designed : Iris, Klaus, Licorice, Nadi, and Raeger. Angela reminds me that courting her mother Veronica (a widow) would have been genuine. Single mothers inevitably remain alone in the series.
PoOT also reminds me that they are many characters aren't to be courted: Angela, Beth, Jeanne, Karina, Manuela (married), Misaki, Patricia (married) and Sydney! Instead, I must take the "middle-school walk". The series allows same-sex marriages but still condemns characters who no longer have any virgin profile.

amageish

Smash Master

We've got a new PoOT gameplay trailer, which showcases the mechanics pretty well.

Lots to be excited for, even if a lot of the mechanics are very... "We stole this from Animal Crossing" lol.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Well done for what this trailer reveals. The project seems complete with lots of ideas, I see a real evolution here and I no longer find it "industrial" as I thought before, quite the contrary. For my part, some extracts reminded me of the Chao Gardens from Sonic Adventure.

amageish

Smash Master

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Count me in supporter too, weirdly enough I don't have any real attachment the series nor do I have played the game but suddenly my interest for the series peaked after making a spirit concept for the Bachelorette and Bachelor in the Smash Sequel thread.

amageish

Smash Master

So... Rune Factory 5 sure looks neat, huh? Some returning characters appear with RF4 save data. That's a neat thing, especially as they haven't done that sort of inter-connectivity in a long time now.

Yes, Rune Factory 5. The only farming sim coming out in 2021.

There is nothing else going on.

The farming simulator fandom is not on fire.

Technomage

Smash Champion
If the Farmer were to be playable, then I'd totally love to see him with a move where he has a chicken poop eggs on his opponents. XD

amageish

Smash Master

Some discussion on reddit got me thinking about hypothetical SoS collaboration games and I ended up mocking this up...

Certainly would increase our Smash odds lol. 😅

amageish

Smash Master
Happy PoOT release day~!

XSeed celeberated it by teasing a new remake...

Ornl

Smash Ace
A week after their release, Pioneers of Olive Town sold better in Japan than Bravely Default II. On April 18, Famitsu noted that BDII had sold 136,091 units, while PoOT had sold 272,267 units (x2!).*
Rune Factory 5 tops sales this week, ahead of Miitopia.*

When Smash Bros promoted Bravely Default II, I think that was part of the price to pay to get Hero and Sephiroth. But it's important to point out that Story of Seasons is a major oversight in Ultimate. Story of Seasons isn't just a good friend, it's an ultimate series in Japan.

Chinese monster Tencent has developed its own first game in the series. Viewers seem pleasantly surprised.

amageish

Smash Master
A week after their release, Pioneers of Olive Town sold better in Japan than Bravely Default II. On April 18, Famitsu noted that BDII had sold 136,091 units, while PoOT had sold 272,267 units (x2!).*
Rune Factory 5 tops sales this week, ahead of Miitopia.*

When Smash Bros promoted Bravely Default II, I think that was part of the price to pay to get Hero and Sephiroth. But it's important to point out that Story of Seasons is a major oversight in Ultimate. Story of Seasons isn't just a good friend, it's an ultimate series in Japan.

Chinese monster Tencent has developed its own first game in the series. Viewers seem pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, PoOT did absurdly well by franchise standards in Japan, in spite of the game having a middling reception there due to the alterations made to the usual formula... I do wonder how RF5 will be received in the west when it makes its ways over here.

Smash Bros is at a point where there are more massive IPs with Nintendo connections missing then there are slots left in the pass, but yeah... SoS is big.

The mobile game does graphically look very impressive. Mechanically... There are questions to be had about how it'll work lol.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Also...
The Nintendo DREAM translations have ceased, so I can't see the trends anymore. But the 25 years of the series and RF5 were in the spotlight. Rune Factory is the only missing third-party series that has appeared on a magazine cover for 3 years. The other third-party series are Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (October 2019) and UNDERTALE (December 2018).*
Monster Hunter Stories 2 could appear in July, but it isn't sure due to Skyward Sword HD.

amageish

Smash Master

New RF5 trailer from the Future Games Show. Nice of Nintendo to upload this officially so quickly...

amageish

Smash Master

New RF5 trailer from the Future Games Show. Nice of Nintendo to upload this officially so quickly...

amageish

Smash Master
So, the latest spirit event is from a Marvelous-published farming game!

It's... not Story of Seasons, but it is a farming game and I did really enjoy my time playing Sakuna, so I am really glad to see it getting a spirit event! Hopefully we get more indie events like this in the future (if you count Sakuna as an indie; it's in the NMH zone of having a major publisher but being independently owned and developed).

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So, the latest spirit event is from a Marvelous-published farming game!

It's... not Story of Seasons, but it is a farming game and I did really enjoy my time playing Sakuna, so I am really glad to see it getting a spirit event! Hopefully we get more indie events like this in the future (if you count Sakuna as an indie; it's in the NMH zone of having a major publisher but being independently owned and developed).

So, fresh from her spirit cameo in Smash, Sakuna is getting a costume in PoOT! Very nice collab and it's fantastic to see how far this indie game has come!

amageish

Smash Master
Top Bottom