• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fantasy Super Move Character Discussion

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf transforming into Ganon

If for some miracle you manage to survive with over over 400% damage, Press Grab and left/right fast (as if extending samus' grappling beam)Ganondorf will taunt like in melee but before he finishes taunting he will become invincible for a few seconds while he transforms
into Ganon with 0% damage

Now slower but much more powerful than before

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
A lot of you have been describing specials that'll hit your opponents no matter what...

That kinda sucks and messes up Smash. There should be an easy way to dodge a special or else the game could end up sucking.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
i halfway agree with the above statement.

yes in that the move should not be an automatic hit.

no in that it should be relatively easy to dodge. i say no to this in the sense that if it were easy to dodge the moves wouldn't have any draw. for example if like i heard earlier someone said pit could fire tons of arrows from the sky; you should be able (if you are skilled enough and even have some luck) to dodge some of the arrows falling but not all of them.

just a thought.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
If Sonic was a playable character, i was thinking he could grab the Special item and just get to hold it. You know, so you could use it to time and line up your attack properly, (if that's how it already is, forgive my stupidness).

"Sonic's Super Dash"

So, the special would be like this; you know Fox's side+B? Well, Sonic would do just one of those, and it would have super long reach. Then if you hit your opponent with this super dash, he would get tossed into the air from the recoil and a kind of cutscene thing happens where u lose control of Sonic and he'd like jump back and forth from one side of the screen to the other, back and forth, and just slash away at the enemy. Left, right, left, right...

And if you hit A or something at the last second, Sonic would kind of warp-dash directly underneath the ariborne enemy and just as soon as he gets close enough, you tap A again, and Sonic would upper backflip kick him into the air, like Fox's up+A.

Diagram, for kicks

o = Sonic ... x = enemy ... ----> = Speed Dash ... ^ = jump

1)...................... 2) .................... 3) ....'x' .............. 4) .....'x' ..... o
..... o ...x ............. -----x---> o ......................o ..........................^
..... ________ ........ __________ ........ _________ ........... ___________

5) o <---x---- .... 6) ----x---> o ..... 7) o <---x----- .... 8) .......... 'x'
......................................................................... o
.... _________ ..... _________ ........ __________ .......... __________
.......{wam!} ........... { bam!} ............ { slam!}

9) .........'x' ........... 10) . ^
...... - - - o ................... o
..... __________ ...... ________
...............................{bam!}

1) Executes special
2) Speed dashes through enemy sending him up into the air
3) Enemy flailing around in the air
4) Sonic jumps up in front of the enemy
5) Speed dashes towards him (left)
6) Speed dashes towards him (right)
7) Speed dashes towards him (left)
8) He lands (enemy's still up in air)
9) You push A and Sonic lines up the shot underneath enemy
10) Push A when the enemy falls onto you to backflip kick upwards

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
PS: The above diagram took me a while to draw. You can call me a loser, i guess, i really do have nothing better to do. :)

Anyway, try to understand it, please, so it doesn't go to waste?

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
yeah i That would be nice but just contradicted your self
i mean how the f! do you dodge that?

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
unless its not continous then if its not itll be like yoshi's egg and with that speed itll be a game of timing when 1 opponent has to dodge while the other dashes.

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
But then again all i have to do to escape is jump...
unless it homes to airborne targets as it dashes then ill be really F'ed.
cause you'll be able to do that special sonic does in Sonic Heros ,where
he dashes through the enemy in infinite and circular patterns from all directions as he
makes his way back to the target.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
yeah i That would be nice but just contradicted your self
i mean how the f! do you dodge that?
From his description, it seems to me that before Sonic could execute the special, he would have to use the special and actually hit the opponent; therefore, the dodge element is in not getting hit by the first attack, subsequently disallowing further unavoidable follow-up attacks.

I believe that is actually somewhat like it will turn out to be, I mean just look at Link going to town on Mario with that Triforce special. Once caught, Mario seems to be incapable of dodging out of it. (Same thing with Mario in Kirby's boiling pot.)

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr.- PAINT WAVE: Bowswer Jr. draws a line with his paint brush and swipes it upward. Then a huge wave of paint will crash onto the area in front of him.

Kirby Alternate- TORNADO (Since the good ones where taken already): Kirby puts on his tornado hat and starts spiinning make a huge vortex. kirby can move slowly and can't jump. Anyone caught will have to endure the damage until it stops. NO ESCAPE!!!

Fox- FIRE BOMB (Seen in star fox assualt): Fox takes out a big yellow container and places it on the ground (you chose where to put it until you get hit). THen the container opens and launches a shower of genrades in to the air. Then they will float back to the surface. They will expolde by touch.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
from now on, can we keep it to confirmed characters......plz

i wonder if there will be transformation specials as well, where you transform for a set period of time, diff moveset and a little bit of a power/ speed/ etc boost?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You mean Super Transformations right? Well, I did that for my fantasy super moveset for Bowser. (Hint Hint: Super Saiyan Bowser) Yeah yeah, I know it's a senseless pipe dream, but Bowser's hair was yellow in some of his alternate costumes on Melee.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Gannondorf- Super Gannondorf begin to transfor into the Dark Beast, or an amalgation of the Dark Beast and older Ganons. Just before he finishes transforming, he dissapears. Nothing happens for a little while to build up tension. Then a portal opens up behind the stage in a relatively random location, and Ganon charges out. Does a significant amount of knockback and damage. I'd say 60-100% if you g et caught right behind his tusks, and 20-40% if you're near his flanks. Or perhaps the damage could be toned down in favor of paralyzing shockwaves.

Sonic's (Because shinobi's request would seriously limit this thread)- Become Super sonic. The transformation would paralyze everyone, but it would basically just amp up all sonic's stats, rather than directly attacking people.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
it wouldnt limit this thread, just make it beleiveable. although i'd like to see sonic in brawl, i'm still getting mixed signals from stuff i read. we'll just wait and see

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, "I try. :)"

Anyway, I have two more.

++ Pikachu ++
First Tier Super Smash - Raging Storm
The entire game pauses, and zooms in on Pikachu. Electricity starts to spark at its cheeks, and eventually it does the "Thunder" Animation. The screen zooms back, and large (by large, I mean, picture Entei's tower of fire, except full vertical reach, and slightly wider) Thunderbolts (each one hits 4 times for 5% each hit, but once you get hit you can't DI. There are 5 bolts.) come down from the sky. Their placement is random, but roofs and other terrain does not block the bolts. Once the last bolt disappears, there is about 1 second of calm, and then a massive (about 3 times wider than the others) Thunderbolt falls, damaging all that it hits once for 25% dmg and has large knockback (If you were hit with all the other bolts, this one will probably KO you.)
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 125% / 25%
~~~
Second Tier Super Smash - Volt Tackle
Pikachu engulfs itself in electricity and charges around the course. The first opponent it comes in contact with takes 25 hits, ranging from 1 to 3 damage each hit. Pikachu then performs one last attack (15% damage) which sends the target straight down to the ground.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 90% / 40%

Uh-huh.

EDIT: Whoops. Too used to HTML tags >_<

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
No offense Vanity but this is a FANTASY move discussion. If we put the damage as 200%, let us dream it as being so, please?

Plus, the reason the damage range was so high for those specials is because they Are instant kills in the games. 200% with little to no knockback is reasonable considering in matches I fight against pros my damage goes past 220% before they ko me...
It technically isn't an instant kill because they still would have to hit you after the special is executed...

Anyways... If you think about it, theres room for my ideas to miss, too. I didn't say the power bomb for zamus or the spazer rain for samus covers the whole screen or never misses. Y. Link dashes towards his opponent to attack, but if that missed initially the special wouldn't hit...

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just pointing out how they Could miss....

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Details...

Someone wanted us to add details, so here I go...

these are from my previous posts...

Samus's Spazer rain- Gold energy in a wave like apearrance shoots forward 2 to 3 feet then splits, rising into the sky then rains down on the stage from above.

Zamus's power bomb- a golden shell-looking wave of energy expands outwards about 15 feet from the center of the explosion.

the rest of my moves are quite easy to imagine...

VA

Smash Hero
Well personally I don't see the point in even thinking about moves that do 200% damage. It would destroy the game, so why anyone would be dreaming about them I do not understand. And you play pro and they get you over 220%? Not trying to sound harsh but I have seen many many many videos of pro players and I can't find one where someone get's to that amount of damage. I don't get the chance to play pro as I am from the UK and we don't have tournaments or anything but I have had SSBM since release and have played in regularly from that point. I would consider myself pretty good at the game and can safely say that in a normal game against my friends (not pro) that it is incredibley rare for damage to get that high.

As for the hitting business, I just think that skill is more important than looking cool. So I would rather the moves where difficult to hit with, rather than easy. Anyway, I don't care if you want to make up loads of unrealistic moves, all I was saying is that they won't be in the game, so keep on dreaming.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Mewtwo's Super Move #1 "Prelude to Chaos": When Mewtwo touches the Red Smash Coin, Mewtwo will send a dark orb of electrical energy to the center of the stage that will gradually expand over time. This will have a "vacuum" effect for his opponents meaning that it will suck them towards this formless void that will instantly KO any combatant unfortunate to touch it.

Mewtwo's Super Move #2 "Kinesis Aura": When Mewtwo gets a hold of the Yellow Smash Coin, Mewtwo will surround himself with a sphere like midnight blue aura. This will safeguard Mewtwo until the aura takes 75% damage. Then the aura will come off. Mewtwo will not take any damage when this aura is intact, but he still can get knocked around.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's Super Move #1 "Prelude to Chaos": When Mewtwo touches the Red Smash Coin, Mewtwo will send a dark orb of electrical energy to the center of the stage that will gradually expand over time. This will have a "vacuum" effect for his opponents meaning that it will suck them towards this formless void that will instantly KO any combatant unfortunate to touch it.

Mewtwo's Super Move #2 "Kinesis Aura": When Mewtwo gets a hold of the Yellow Smash Coin, Mewtwo will surround himself with a sphere like midnight blue aura. This will safeguard Mewtwo until the aura takes 75% damage. Then the aura will come off. Mewtwo will not take any damage when this aura is intact, but he still can get knocked around.
I like. :) If I may, I actually have suggestions for Mewtwo, too... too... too? Also.

++ Mewtwo ++
First Tier Super Smash - Cosmic Foretelling
The screen zooms in and pauses on Mewtwo, and then the screen goes pitch black. It then lights up around each opponent (there is a slight tint of one of 4 colors; the effect changes depending on the color) and then goes back to the normal game. About 7.5 seconds later, the effect takes place. (See Below)
Effects
Red Tint - An explosion (much like Roy's Flare Blade) engulfs the opponent dealing 105%-140% damage. This has quite an explosive (no pun intended) knockback.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 140% / 105%
Blue Tint - The opponent is frozen solid in ice, taking 120%-130% damage, and is flung up high (as in, Freezie to the face at 150% damage high) into the air.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 130% / 120%
Yellow Tint - Static electricity halts the opponent's current action, and deals an un-DI-able 32 hits of 4% damage each. This takes place over a span of 7 seconds, and is not cancelled by being hit.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 128% / 128%
Lavender Tint - This is the rarest and most powerful of the Cosmic Foretelling Tints. The opponent effected by this is helplessly tossed around randomly, taking 10% damage per toss for 14 tosses, and then receiving 20% damage and large knockback on the last (15th) toss.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 160% / 160%
~~~
Second Tier Super Smash - M.S.A.M
Mental Strength Amplifier Module. This is the robotic suit that Mewtwo wears in Pokèmon the First Movie. It is merely a transformation; while in this suit Mewtwo has increased overall abilities. This transformation, unlike Link's, stays on for the rest of the match (or if Mewtwo manages to live above 200% damage).
Maximum/Minimum Damage : (N/A; damage caused by this is indirect in the fact that it increases Mewtwo's overall power)

... Mine are probably a bit overpowered though :laugh:

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
BurningCrusader777 said:

That is the only thing I can fault you on - by far the best presentation of super smash moves, I love what you can do to people's ideas (I feel honored to have my Pikachu ideas improved upon :D)

But like you said, they're overpowered some... Either they would do less damage, or hit less frequently. (32 hits of 4% that's un-DI able?! That seems harsh... I'd think a range of 1-3% per hit would sound more reasonable...)

The way I see it, either these Super Smash moves will be powered down much more than what most people have presented them as, or they will do things like what BurningCrusader's predicted and it will be overall harder to KO people... but then again, I just realized - the rarity of the Super Smash Icon could have a lot to do with its power. :/

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
The way see it, the Smash Emblem is a really rare item; so rare, in fact, that you'd be lucky to get it once in 10 (MLG Rules) matches.

It'd be like setting Heart Containers ONLY on Very Low, and then playing in Hyrule Temple, where items seem to spawn mainly away from you :ohwell:. Only, the boxes/barrels/capsules don't even appear; the Emblem is an independent, unusually rare item that grants massive power to its user (man, I sound like I'm talking about Fire Emblem:Blazing Sword now :laugh: ).

Hence the reason that my smashes have had such immense (yet still somewhat workable) power; though notice how some had limiters to that power, like random placement (i.e. Aerial Bombardment, Raging Storm), low (and I mean LOW) minimum damage (once again, look at Aerial Bombardment), or doing no damage at all (i.e. M.S.A.M).

I'm not suggesting that it takes 300%+ to KO someone, I'm just saying that since the Emblem is supposedly a very rare item, the resulting attack should be strong.

Just my little 2 cents on it :)

VA

Smash Hero
Why don't we all just take a second to watch the E3 video again. Mario's super move: it hit's Kirby in the air, and Link on the ground. The effect of this being, Link doesn't move, Kirby get's slowly knocked off. I don't think that this move look's like the kind of thing that does 200% damage. That's just how I look at it, we aren't going to have an imbalanced game with loads of one hit KO moves, the game would lose all it's depth.

All I am saying are that the moves most people have thought about are strictly fantasies, I would prefer to imagine the moves how they might actually be.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Sonic.
1st super. Sonic does a very flasy sonic flash attack on the enemy
2nd. Sonic goes super and fires a large beam of energy across the entire screen.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
who me why. i like sonic he rocks. sorry i rushed on that last post heres the real onel.
1st. Sonic does a time stop and then dashs across screen back and forth doing damage to all characters. Damage done (45%)
2nd. Sonic goes super and calls upon to the powers of the choas emeralds to do a choas control that warps players into space then Super sonic fires a large beam that fills screen and then telports them all back to stage.Damage (if hit correctly 95% if not then just 75%)

VA

Smash Hero
Kirby's Pot Death: Kirby stops the game and then chooses a target to put into a gigantic pot. He then summons a pot of death, this action takes up pretty much the entire screen, anyone hit by the pot summon get's KO'd immediately. Once in the pot, everyone besides Kirby and the victim are frozen in time and Kirby spends a lavish amount of time preparing his victim for eating. His eyes grow gigantic and saliva drips onto the victim, the victim squirms a little. He makes a cup of tea, sits back and reads the paper until finally the victim is ready to ingest. Time slows and Kirby begins to suck in air molecules around him, the victim is dead so can no longer resist this action and is sucked extremely slowly into kirby's mouth. Once in the mouth, the victim takes 5000% damage. Kirby then spits him out into any opponents left standing for an instant KO.

AWESOME WUT?!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Kirby's Pot Death: Kirby stops the game and then chooses a target to put into a gigantic pot. He then summons a pot of death, this action takes up pretty much the entire screen, anyone hit by the pot summon get's KO'd immediately. Once in the pot, everyone besides Kirby and the victim are frozen in time and Kirby spends a lavish amount of time preparing his victim for eating. His eyes grow gigantic and saliva drips onto the victim, the victim squirms a little. He makes a cup of tea, sits back and reads the paper until finally the victim is ready to ingest. Time slows and Kirby begins to suck in air molecules around him, the victim is dead so can no longer resist this action and is sucked extremely slowly into kirby's mouth. Once in the mouth, the victim takes 5000% damage. Kirby then spits him out into any opponents left standing for an instant KO.

AWESOME WUT?!
*sigh*what are you on?5000% damage?And the fact we are trying to come up with new attacks not tell about ones we've seen.

ANyway

Sonic(if he makes it):1st special:Super sonic exsplosion:When sonic hits the orb he turns into super sonic and homes in on a random charecter.When he connects he exslplodes causing 10% dameg to sonic and 50% damege to the victem.KJnockback power=same as roy swd fully charged.

2nd move:Help from tails:when you tough the orb sonic calls for tails and tails swoops in with the tornado airplane and shoots 6 lasers that do 10-15% damege at the stadium.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman

AWESOME WUT?!

5000% damage? the pot is an instant KO? Then he spits his target out as an instant KO? Isn't that a bit contradicting to what you said before?
???

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
ehh, meta you came bakc and fixed itt up so i'm ok with that (even if he unconfirmed) now i hate teh 500000000000dmg guy

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I like. :) If I may, I actually have suggestions for Mewtwo, too... too... too? Also.

++ Mewtwo ++
First Tier Super Smash - Cosmic Foretelling
The screen zooms in and pauses on Mewtwo, and then the screen goes pitch black. It then lights up around each opponent (there is a slight tint of one of 4 colors; the effect changes depending on the color) and then goes back to the normal game. About 7.5 seconds later, the effect takes place. (See Below)
Effects
Red Tint - An explosion (much like Roy's Flare Blade) engulfs the opponent dealing 105%-140% damage. This has quite an explosive (no pun intended) knockback.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 140% / 105%
Blue Tint - The opponent is frozen solid in ice, taking 120%-130% damage, and is flung up high (as in, Freezie to the face at 150% damage high) into the air.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 130% / 120%
Yellow Tint - Static electricity halts the opponent's current action, and deals an un-DI-able 32 hits of 4% damage each. This takes place over a span of 7 seconds, and is not cancelled by being hit.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 128% / 128%
Lavender Tint - This is the rarest and most powerful of the Cosmic Foretelling Tints. The opponent effected by this is helplessly tossed around randomly, taking 10% damage per toss for 14 tosses, and then receiving 20% damage and large knockback on the last (15th) toss.
Maximum/Minimum Damage : 160% / 160%
~~~
Second Tier Super Smash - M.S.A.M
Mental Strength Amplifier Module. This is the robotic suit that Mewtwo wears in Pokèmon the First Movie. It is merely a transformation; while in this suit Mewtwo has increased overall abilities. This transformation, unlike Link's, stays on for the rest of the match (or if Mewtwo manages to live above 200% damage).
Maximum/Minimum Damage : (N/A; damage caused by this is indirect in the fact that it increases Mewtwo's overall power)

Man, those are some killa moves for Mewtwo if I do say so myself. My favorite super move of Mewtwo's is the Armor that listed. That was an instant classic.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
5000% damage? the pot is an instant KO? Then he spits his target out as an instant KO? Isn't that a bit contradicting to what you said before?
???
You know that he's doing that to make us realize that we're making really strong super moves, right? He's not trying to be contradictory to his point; in fact, he'd doing quite the contrary.

Vanity, you have a good point, but I just gotta say that the topic is called "Fantasy Super Move Character Discussion". Not trying to say that you're wrong or anything, but this is a fantasy topic.

And Shade, once again, (and I've said it twice now >_<) "I try. :)"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't know about you guys, but in the Brawl trailer Samus uses a hi-impact upgraded charge beam. I want that to be Samus's special when she's in the Varia Suit.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Samus's Super Smash would probably be that (I guess that's [in my mind] her First Tier Super Smash). As for her Second Tier, I have no suggestions.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Super Smashes should be actual pokemon moves.

Pikachu: Zap Cannon- Giant orb of lightning is shot at enemies.
Jigglypuff: Perish Song- In 30 seconds all enemies get a bunch of damage.
Mewtwo: Hypnosis/Dream Eater- Puts enemies to sleep and assaults their unconscious mind causing large damage combos.

Unconfirmed Pokemon
Blaziken: Overheat- Flames are shot in all directions.
Blast Burn- Three giant pulsing explosions that conjure fire pillars.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Ok here are my ideas..

Mario
1) The Huge Fireball thing seen in one of the videos
2) "Coin Collection" - Traps character above him and continually does the uppercut thing where he gets the coins about 20 times.

Fox
1) "Calling In Backup" - Calls in Arwing, and Arwing shoots lasers continually at other players
2) "Maximum Fox" - Keeps going back and forth with that dash move? I forget what its called but when he dashes and kinda goes "through" the person...well, he'd do that like 20 times, back and forth.

Yoshi
1) "Egg Shower" - Throws a ton of eggs at one person. like a whole crapload.
2) "Egg Bomb" - Lays huge egg that explodes after 2 seconds, does massive damage.

Samus
1) "Ice Beam" - Shoots player with HUGE beam that does massive damage and leaves them frozen for a few seconds afterwards.
2)"Bomb Storm" - Turns into morph ball in the air and drops about 20-40 bombs on opponents.

Pikachu
1) "The Eye of the Storm" - Pikachu does the "PIKA!" as if doing the lightning bolt move, but the lightning bolts will track down the opponents and will continually hit them. 10-15 lightning bolts.
2) "Shockwave" - Pikachu goes to the center of the stage and creates a huge electricity field around himself, damaging any players who are in it.

Captain Falcon
1) "Extreme Falcon" - Summons a huge falcon made of fire, which flies down the screen doing massive damage to all opponents.
2) "Falcon Driver" - Same as falcon kick except HUGE (takes up entire screen), goes across the entire screen, and does MASSIVE damage.

Link
1) Thing where he traps the person in the triforce.
2) "Sword Tornado" - Does the spinning up + b move which creates a huge tornado taking up the entire middle of the screen.

Kirby
1) Thing with the cooking pot.
2) "Hammer Flurry" - Traps you above him and continually hits you with his hammer at high speeds.

Ok thats all for now :psycho:

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff: Perish Song- In 30 seconds all enemies get a bunch of damage.

... I can't believe I didn't think of that :laugh:
But 30 seconds seems a big amount of time, I mean, yeah, Perish Song takes 3 turns in the Pokémon games, but Future Sight (Er... Cosmic Foretelling?) takes 2 and I have that set at 7.5
Maybe drop the lag to 10 seconds?

Top Bottom