• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fantastic falcon

gyzmo392

Smash Rookie
ok
for a long time since the first smash bros i have used falcon and i still do.
i dont understand why all of the sudden im doing so horribly with him.
i got all his specs down and still i do better with all my other characters.
even my lucas which am not that great with is better than me folcan...
:confused:i dont know what im doing wrong can anyone help?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
It takes time to make him decent. My falcon can match most of my friends' characters now, unlike before where it was common getting 2 stocked.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Well, obviously Falcon isn't as great as in the previous games but I don't think it's his fault. It's due to the changed physics, the air momentum to be more specific.

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
it's true, they did nerf falcon.
i still use him as my main though because he's awesome
but in competition situations i either go with marth or snake unless im playing someone bad

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
wtf who cares? Isn't it kind of obvious what they did? There's absolutely no reason to make a stupid thread about it.

BTW I figured since this is my first post here, I've been recommended by numerous falcon players to come here and clean it up. I'm AuraShade, the Link Board's god-troll. If you have any questions regarding "my methods of madness," go to the Link brawl board and ask away. I cleaned that place's clock, and this needs some cleaning as well.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
For me getting good with Falcon has been all about spacing(tilts,nair), timing(raptor boost, dair), both(dashing grabs, punch, sliding usmash), and mindgames (punch, dsmash, fsmash, aerial kick).
I think it's mostly Falcon's priority that means you have to be really good at these; you generally need to make the opponent miss, then punish, because if you just charge in you'll get a beatdown instead of your attacks clanking.
Since Falcon moves so fast, he has a large mindgame potential that really needs to be capitalized on; once you get the hang of that, you should have no trouble 3-stocking that Ness from last night-- Oh wait I already did that =D

NNID
MasterHavik
I have question. Can mastering the Falcon punch be possbile. I hate to be a downer, but CF sucks. sad, but true, and beside wha tcan a pro CF do to make Cf look good. You should see how hard it is to use Sonci in trouney. it rough.

gyzmo392

Smash Rookie
yea... i guess its true...
the thing is is that he doesnt feel nerfed.
alot of the times he feels like any other character and i win alot
then he just goes through a phase of getting mega destroyed....
he must be all mind games

SuperPookum

Smash Cadet
wtf who cares? Isn't it kind of obvious what they did? There's absolutely no reason to make a stupid thread about it.

BTW I figured since this is my first post here, I've been recommended by numerous falcon players to come here and clean it up. I'm AuraShade, the Link Board's god-troll. If you have any questions regarding "my methods of madness," go to the Link brawl board and ask away. I cleaned that place's clock, and this needs some cleaning as well.
You hear that guys? Bj's on the house!!

....But in all seriousness, CF is one of those characters that you use for fun now, but I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up a little higher on the tier list (bottom of low maybe?). I'd be equally unfazed if he remained at he bottom of the ghey pile though too.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I'm am getting tired of seeing all of these threads about "oh my god! Falcon sucks now! What do I do?!" Beleive it or not, when I first began playing Brawl I discovered that Fox was too changed for me to use. I picked up the Captain... and now KOing opponents has never been easier. Sure he has short range, but every character has thier ups and downs.

Anyway, Captain Falcon still refrains from using his pistol becuase he would feel bad for all of his Nintendo buddies. Imagine a projectile Falcon Punch?!

Top Bottom