• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famicom Tantei Detective Ayumi Tachibana Thread (There Was Almost an Ayumi Costume in Bayonetta)

Do you support Ayumi Tachibana and the detective?

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@Impax, I heard that you support our dear detective. wild you like to be on the support list?

Hey everyone, I would like to announce some good news and bad news about the Ayumi Origin/Operation Tachibana video.

The bad news is that I will have to delay the video and the Lucina amiibo I am gonna use as giveaway still has not arrived.

The Good News is the reason for the delay is that I just now got enough money to spend on a better professional microphone and I would like to wait until I obtain it to start voicing the script for this video so it can sound better. The mic I use now is the build in one on my Logitech HD Webcam which is okay but mediocre at best for videos like this. I plan to get it on eBay for the cheapest price possible. So it may take a couple of weeks for me to obtain that and the Lucina amiibo. So hope you understand and thanks for your patience, I promise it will be worth the wait.

Once I get both the mic and the Lucina amiibo, I will post another update here that I will start on the video that will open Operation Tachibana and the video of her Origins. :) So stick tuned to that.
Great update on the video's status Denoxkun (even though we've already talked about it in Facebook). Having that new mic and the Operation Tachibana video being developed for a later release would be the right move since people would have to die down from the hype that is E3 soon. That way, they would not forget about the video and buy their time with it when it's finally out.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I know Ayumi has to be the most famous outside Japan due to her throphy. But what about other characters, is it OK to support them?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know Ayumi has to be the most famous outside Japan due to her throphy. But what about other characters, is it OK to support them?
The only other noticable characters from the game is the Protagonist and he's more of a blank slate if anything. Since the tag team mechanic can't work due to the same reason why the Icies are gone, we don't know how to implement him in the moveset.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Quick announcement:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I am receiving one of my Lucinas today and the giveaway Lucina is on its way in the mail as we speak! I should be receiving that Lucina mid next week somewhere. In a couple of days I plan to purchase the professional Blue Snowball Microphone. The only thing is that since I start working full time on Monday, I am gonna have to have a set schedule to work on the Ayumi Video but it's COMING no matter what, I WILL make time for it. I do not know how long I will be staying in that job but that only means more contests in the future as well to promote other obscure characters and games xD

On Sundays is my only free day so I plan to dedicate on the A+ studies and the Ayumi video and sometimes at night after 6pm from work. So yeah, just wanted you to know that the production of the video should start between 1-2 weeks from now. :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Quick announcement:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I am receiving one of my Lucinas today and the giveaway Lucina is on its way in the mail as we speak! I should be receiving that Lucina mid next week somewhere. In a couple of days I plan to purchase the professional Blue Snowball Microphone. The only thing is that since I start working full time on Monday, I am gonna have to have a set schedule to work on the Ayumi Video but it's COMING no matter what, I WILL make time for it. I do not know how long I will be staying in that job but that only means more contests in the future as well to promote other obscure characters and games xD

On Sundays is my only free day so I plan to dedicate on the A+ studies and the Ayumi video and sometimes at night after 6pm from work. So yeah, just wanted you to know that the production of the video should start between 1-2 weeks from now. :)
Promoting other obscure characters? Tamagon confirmed! :troll:

But that's great to hear and the process of everything seems to be running smooth. Congrats on your new job Denoxkun and I hope that you enjoy making that moolah. Too bad everyone else is hyping Royu at the moment since both character's videos were leaked this morning. :laugh:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Promoting other obscure characters? Tamagon confirmed! :troll:

But that's great to hear and the process of everything seems to be running smooth. Congrats on your new job Denoxkun and I hope that you enjoy making that moolah. Too bad everyone else is hyping Royu at the moment since both character's videos were leaked this morning. :laugh:
You say Tamagon? That's currently part of my signature, and has a support thread. I did make a series on moveset-like interpretations based on various elements.

Tamagon Support Thread

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You say Tamagon? That's currently part of my signature, and has a support thread. I did make a series on moveset-like interpretations based on various elements.
Tamagon Support Thread
I know that it was joke, hence why I've referenced him. At least he's in a better situation than Takamaru who is doomed to be an Assist Trophy forever and Denoxkun is probably not going to make a video for him always. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Now that Mother (aka Earthbound Zero) had been announced to head to the West, we officially know that Nintendo can actually fully translate a Famicom title unlike Murasame Castle which had little effort in it.

How many of you are excited of the possibility that the Famicom Tantei Club games can be localized with a fresh new coat of paint? :)

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Update: Now that Mother (aka Earthbound Zero) had been announced to head to the West, we officially know that Nintendo can actually fully translate a Famicom title unlike Murasame Castle which had little effort in it.

How many of you are excited of the possibility that the Famicom Tantei Club games can be localized with a fresh new coat of paint? :)
In Eshop? When? How? I was gone for 3 hours from the screen something happens.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, good news! I got my 2nd Lucina Amiibo that will be used as a prize for the Ayumi Tachibana Recognition Giveaway video I plan to do titled "The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana" or something like that. Any cool name suggestions for my Ayumi contest video will be welcome. Here are pics of the Lucina Amiibo for prize and the Blue Snowball Mic.

Link to the Blue Snowball Mic: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Superdenox/Blue Microphone on eBay Bought_zpsbyzvfci3.png

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello everyone, good news! I got my 2nd Lucina Amiibo that will be used as a prize for the Ayumi Tachibana Recognition Giveaway video I plan to do titled "The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana" or something like that. Any cool name suggestions for my Ayumi contest video will be welcome. Here are pics of the Lucina Amiibo for prize and the Blue Snowball Mic.

Link to the Blue Snowball Mic: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Superdenox/Blue Microphone on eBay Bought_zpsbyzvfci3.png
Everything is running smoothly as expected, great job on your recent purchases. With productions being finished by next week, we would at least have some time to really get some attention from the many disappointed folks from E3.

"The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana" actually seems like a great title for the video since it is straightforward and fans would easily get the idea. My first idea of the title was something along the lines of "Ayumi Tachibana: The History of Famicom Tantei Club", but I feel that it would be a bit misleading since people would expect to know about the game instead of the character. Either way, we will most likely stick with the name we have for now unless any of our fans has some new ideas. In the meantime, I'm excited for how much attention that we would get once Operation Tachibana is in effect.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
There is one VERY IMPORTANT thing I would like you all to help me with. I just started production of the Ayumi Video with the new microphone and it's sound quality is fantastic, pretty crystal clear and no BG noise when I record. Liking how its coming out so far. :3

There is this amazing artist called Artsy Omni on Youtube who makes a character look like its really in Smash Bros! Be sure to let this guy know about the upcoming Ayumi Contest, I am not sure if he own a Lucina Amiibo but maybe he would like to give it to a friend, you never know, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg/featured

Check his video out, if we can get this guy to smashified Ayumi Tachibana, you know how legit this would be? And how popular she will become? Gather your friends and just comment below that you WANT him to Smashified Ayumi Tachibana, especially that he has a chance to win the Lucina Amiibo for free if he wins. I would love to see Ayumi drawn professionally like that :3 Let's hope he gets excited and considers it :) Let's not stay still and MAKE OPERATION TACHIBANA HAPPEN! Who's with me? :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There is one VERY IMPORTANT thing I would like you all to help me with. I just started production of the Ayumi Video with the new microphone and it's sound quality is fantastic, pretty crystal clear and no BG noise when I record. Liking how its coming out so far. :3

There is this amazing artist called Artsy Omni on Youtube who makes a character look like its really in Smash Bros! Be sure to let this guy know about the upcoming Ayumi Contest, I am not sure if he own a Lucina Amiibo but maybe he would like to give it to a friend, you never know, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg/featured

Check his video out, if we can get this guy to smashified Ayumi Tachibana, you know how legit this would be? And how popular she will become? Gather your friends and just comment below that you WANT him to Smashified Ayumi Tachibana, especially that he has a chance to win the Lucina Amiibo for free if he wins. I would love to see Ayumi drawn professionally like that :3 Let's hope he gets excited and considers it :) Let's not stay still and MAKE OPERATION TACHIBANA HAPPEN! Who's with me? :3
And don't forget the most important detail: targeting his personal Twitter and Smashified since those are the more popular methods of requesting him. :troll:

@HextupleyooDOT (Yes, that's his name in Smashboards) himself is a busy guy after all and he takes requests on a daily basis. For him to actually get involved with a request means that people need to request Ayumi Tachibana on both Twitter and YouTube. While involving him would be fine, I feel that his huge following and skill alone might overshadow any other artist that joins the contest (which would be a bit unfair in some context).

I don't know, I think it's best for you to get done with the video first and then he might feel obligated to be involved. Since a lot of his fans are pretty skeptical and they'll use statistics like her being too obscure to warrant a Smashification. The fact that a lot of people when "Who?" on the Travis video is enough for you to know how huge of a risk it would be.

Darth Nightmaricus

Smash Cadet
NNID
105087bradyisman
I feel Ayumi does deserve a chance (she seems to have been close to being in for Melee, but got the boot). She seems like she'd be a good character to be DLC, so sign me up on the supporters list.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel Ayumi does deserve a chance (she seems to have been close to being in for Melee, but got the boot). She seems like she'd be a good character to be DLC, so sign me up on the supporters list.
Added (you are now one of us).

I agree, Sakurai should at least think about giving her another chance since the game itself was a masterpiece in Japan and had three games (even though the series is dead at the moment). She herself would be perfect DLC given that he is bringing back cut veterans that had a huge following and added an iconic newcomer that destroyed a few of his rules (Only one rep per third party and no fighting game characters).

Maybe she would be in a better situation once we ball rolling on Operation Tachibana since @ Denoxkun Denoxkun is working hard on the video as we speak. Since it will be heavily advertised throughout the Internet, I can imagine more than ten artists participating in the contest and spreading more awareness of Famicom Tantei Club. Only time will tell if fans or casuals would be on board with supporting a character from a formerly popular Famicom game.

D

Deleted member

added an iconic newcomer that destroyed a few of his rules (Only one rep per third party and no fighting game characters).
Fate seems to have brought me here specifically to address this.

*clears throat*

Neither of those were "rules" he made.
The latter is a common misinterpretation of what he really said (Prime focus is on what a potential fighter can do that makes them stand out; even if there's a popular character with an established set of moves from a fighting game, they will be judged based on their potential for uniqueness rather than the fact they have an established set of moves.) and the former....I haven't the damnedest clue where that train of thought came from.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Say hello to the logo that will be featured in our video! This was recently whipped up by @ Denoxkun Denoxkun himself and you can see that he put a lot of effort in the detailed text near Miss Ayumi's head. There will be no doubt that you'll see this in the upcoming video (which is about 45% finished at the moment) and anyone can feel free to have this as their signature.Now that I think of it, I know special place in the OP for this and it would easily make things pop out for any visitor that appears.

Anyone agrees that Denox did a great job with Operation Tachibana's official logo?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Say hello to the logo that will be featured in our video! This was recently whipped up by @ Denoxkun Denoxkun himself and you can see that he put a lot of effort in the detailed text near Miss Ayumi's head. There will be no doubt that you'll see this in the upcoming video (which is about 45% finished at the moment) and anyone can feel free to have this as their signature.Now that I think of it, I know special place in the OP for this and it would easily make things pop out for any visitor that appears.

Anyone agrees that Denox did a great job with Operation Tachibana's official logo?
It looks really good! I just hope that the video will be enough to gain some notice from fans! Maybe even enough for fans to vote for Ayumi in the Smash Ballot!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It looks really good! I just hope that the video will be enough to gain some notice from fans! Maybe even enough for fans to vote for Ayumi in the Smash Ballot!
About that, he's already spoken with another famous Amiibo Hunter to mass advertise his video. That way, plenty of people would be able to watch it and artists might be interested to get involved. After all, scalpers... errrrr Amiibo Hunters are some pretty notorious Nintendo fans on the Internet.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Straightfoward and captivating. I like it.

F-Tone

Smash Rookie
Omg. The fact that Sakurai considered this for Melee makes my innards feel warm. I hope this happens. Wake up America and support this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Omg. The fact that Sakurai considered this for Melee makes my innards feel warm. I hope this happens. Wake up America and support this.
And that's why we're starting Operation Tachibana to begin with since the West needs to know more about the character or at least play the game to see why Famciom Tantei Club is such a masterpiece. Ayumi wouldn't be that bad of a character since we do have resident flatman Mr. Game & Watch and the charming Duck Hunt duo in the games (proving that even the oddest of oddballs can be fighters).

I feel that with Ayumi (with or without the Protagonist) she can represent that side of Nintendo that revolves around mystery or overall the darkest side of humanity in our society. So I can imagine her with some weak and frightened attacks that relates to her fragile nature, with somewhat of a confidence meter to build up her courage for more braver attacks. And a move based on using some of the evidence from the various crime scenes would be a must since this is a game about finding traces of the criminal's dastardly plot. As for the Final Smash, let's just involve the titular "Girl in the Back" to scare the pants out of everyone a la 5-Volt from the Gamer stage.

I really need to get started working on my moveset soon since the whole situation is getting me excited. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! I have another update for you guys! Starting Thursday, I will officially start the editing of the Ayumi Video, may take around a week to take but not guaranteeing the exact release date yet! But for you to know its about to start in productions, I got almost every clips I need to edit this and the voice clips are set!

While we are all waiting for the video to happen, you can go ahead a spread the love for Operation Tachibana ALL OVER THE INTERNET! Literally!! Make sure you use the magic words: "Support Ayumi if you are a Nintendo Fan and love Mystery Crime Solving Games with an epic story." You can make your own wordings on that if you wish. The key to promoting Ayumi Tachibana is to get them curious that Nintendo has a genre that they may absolutely love but yet never knew they had such an IP. Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright does not count since they are made by 2nd/3rd party developers while The Famicom Detective Club games is purely 1ST PARTY! Any ideas you want to add to this, feel free to do so. Posters like this may get people curious about who the heck is Ayumi Tachibana and will do more research on her too.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan Yeah, I can agree once Artsy Omni sees our Operation Tachibana video, he may potentially start supporting and smashified Ayumi Tachibana, many big YouTubers still has yet to know here which is why this poster below needs to be spread like wildfire, that way eventually soon, they will see a movement like this and support it. Especially with the Lucina Amiibo being the main prize at this moment!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And that's why we're starting Operation Tachibana to begin with since the West needs to know more about the character or at least play the game to see why Famciom Tantei Club is such a masterpiece. Ayumi wouldn't be that bad of a character since we do have resident flatman Mr. Game & Watch and the charming Duck Hunt duo in the games (proving that even the oddest of oddballs can be fighters).

I feel that with Ayumi (with or without the Protagonist) she can represent that side of Nintendo that revolves around mystery or overall the darkest side of humanity in our society. So I can imagine her with some weak and frightened attacks that relates to her fragile nature, with somewhat of a confidence meter to build up her courage for more braver attacks. And a move based on using some of the evidence from the various crime scenes would be a must since this is a game about finding traces of the criminal's dastardly plot. As for the Final Smash, let's just involve the titular "Girl in the Back" to scare the pants out of everyone a la 5-Volt from the Gamer stage.

I really need to get started working on my moveset soon since the whole situation is getting me excited. :chuckle:
Hello everyone! I have another update for you guys! Starting Thursday, I will officially start the editing of the Ayumi Video, may take around a week to take but not guaranteeing the exact release date yet! But for you to know its about to start in productions, I got almost every clips I need to edit this and the voice clips are set!

While we are all waiting for the video to happen, you can go ahead a spread the love for Operation Tachibana ALL OVER THE INTERNET! Literally!! Make sure you use the magic words: "Support Ayumi if you are a Nintendo Fan and love Mystery Crime Solving Games with an epic story." You can make your own wordings on that if you wish. The key to promoting Ayumi Tachibana is to get them curious that Nintendo has a genre that they may absolutely love but yet never knew they had such an IP. Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright does not count since they are made by 2nd/3rd party developers while The Famicom Detective Club games is purely 1ST PARTY! Any ideas you want to add to this, feel free to do so. Posters like this may get people curious about who the heck is Ayumi Tachibana and will do more research on her too.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan Yeah, I can agree once Artsy Omni sees our Operation Tachibana video, he may potentially start supporting and smashified Ayumi Tachibana, many big YouTubers still has yet to know here which is why this poster below needs to be spread like wildfire, that way eventually soon, they will see a movement like this and support it. Especially with the Lucina Amiibo being the main prize at this moment!

@F-Tone, I take it that this is your first time on SmashBoards, so welcome! Also, I have to admit, I kind of felt the same way when I heard that Sakurai confirmed (on my birthday, no less!) that Ayumi was actually in the planning stages of SSBM to be a PLAYABLE character! I really felt all kinds of cheerful. It was like an unexpected "birthday present" to me, considering I support Ayumi for Smash 4 and I still do for the future.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And so the production of the video begins people! :)
Nice, will be looking forward to the finished product. Is it too late to ask you about any potential music to use? Some of the songs in the OP (first post) of this topic would be useful to provide the right tone for the video.

After all, showing what good music the series would provide would be a great way of teaching people about Famicom Tantei Club. Here's a perfect place where you can convert the YouTube links into easy MP3 files in case you need it. I used it all the time whenever I needed songs for my music collection and again I'm sorry if I'm asking for to much. http://www.youtube-mp3.org

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Nice, will be looking forward to the finished product. Is it too late to ask you about any potential music to use? Some of the songs in the OP (first post) of this topic would be useful to provide the right tone for the video.

After all, showing what good music the series would provide would be a great way of teaching people about Famicom Tantei Club. Here's a perfect place where you can convert the YouTube links into easy MP3 files in case you need it. I used it all the time whenever I needed songs for my music collection and again I'm sorry if I'm asking for to much. http://www.youtube-mp3.org
I already know all that stuff and they have been planned to be included as BG Music before I even started Operation Tachibana so you can be sure that both musics will be played in this video and will link them to the actual source :) So no worries :) Thanks for bringing it up tho xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I already know all that stuff and they have been planned to be included as BG Music before I even started Operation Tachibana so you can be sure that both musics will be played in this video and will link them to the actual source :) So no worries :) Thanks for bringing it up tho xD
You really know your resources and I thought you didn't know about it at first. My bad. :laugh:

At least we know that everything is still running smooth for now. It's only a manner of time until the full video is out and we can make a difference. This is for the sake of possibly making Famicom Tantei Club series more known or even making Ayumi a bit more popular to the Smash fans. People loves Amiibos after all and they'll do anything just to have them. Another thing I'm looking forward to is seeing more art because hey, it could cause a new trend if the kids find it cool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The users of Fantendo have now been informed thanks to the "F-Zero bais" guy with the Afro, your welcome.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Thatkidwiththeafro/Want_a_free_Lucina_amiibo_figure?_Read_this_blog_to_find_out!
Great job Afro, that would be a great way of getting more awareness of our upcoming movement. You've managed to describe very single detail that @ Denoxkun Denoxkun had described and I can tell that he would be thrilled about it.

In other news, that Smash Confessions Twitter had publicized our official logo. Here's to hoping more people would be interested in the revolution that would begin soon. ;)

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! First of all, thanks for everyone who is promoting the Operation Tachibana movement already! This gives me good hopes of how the results will be once I upload The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana Video. That is the official name of the video right now! Of course this video is only the 1st half of promoting Ayumi to the west. When the contest ends on September 25th which is the official deadline for the contest, I will release a full on Game Review of the Famicom Detective Club game that came in English and will be mentioned that it is one of the very first heavy text based game in the whole gaming industry. I was informed only Shin Onigashima that came a year before Ayumi's game was the very first texted based game.

Due to the fact that the upcoming video is mainly focused on Ayumi Tachibana herself, it will not be mentioned till the review itself. But I will be making a new poster soon promoting that her game brought innovation to the heavy text-based gaming genre.

BUT on the positive side, THE VIDEO IS DONE!!!! That's right, I was able to get plenty of time tonight to finish what I have left to edit for this video. And will be released on my Denoxkunreturns YouTube channel between tomorrow and this coming sunday. So once I have everything set up to upload, I will post the video here and OPERATION TACHIBANA will officially begin!

Incase you were wondering the amount of work I put in this video, here's a screenshot to give you an idea:

Yes, you will see Takamaru will also be mentioned in this video too :3 The other Ayumi surprises awaits you this coming weekend in "The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana and Lucina Amiibo Giveaway" video :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey everyone! First of all, thanks for everyone who is promoting the Operation Tachibana movement already! This gives me good hopes of how the results will be once I upload The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana Video. That is the official name of the video right now! Of course this video is only the 1st half of promoting Ayumi to the west. When the contest ends on September 25th which is the official deadline for the contest, I will release a full on Game Review of the Famicom Detective Club game that came in English and will be mentioned that it is one of the very first heavy text based game in the whole gaming industry. I was informed only Shin Onigashima that came a year before Ayumi's game was the very first texted based game.

Due to the fact that the upcoming video is mainly focused on Ayumi Tachibana herself, it will not be mentioned till the review itself. But I will be making a new poster soon promoting that her game brought innovation to the heavy text-based gaming genre.

BUT on the positive side, THE VIDEO IS DONE!!!! That's right, I was able to get plenty of time tonight to finish what I have left to edit for this video. And will be released on my Denoxkunreturns YouTube channel between tomorrow and this coming sunday. So once I have everything set up to upload, I will post the video here and OPERATION TACHIBANA will officially begin!

Incase you were wondering the amount of work I put in this video, here's a screenshot to give you an idea:

Yes, you will see Takamaru will also be mentioned in this video too :3 The other Ayumi surprises awaits you this coming weekend in "The Origins of Ayumi Tachibana and Lucina Amiibo Giveaway" video :3
Fantastic job on your hard work Denoxkun, it's looks like everything could be all set for our operation if we play our cards right. Independace Day is coming up and there would probably be plenty of people hyping up the fireworks at that time meaning more people to witness the operation in all it's glory. Again, it was an honor to help you in certain parts of the video like the script and a few other aspects of it.

Once the full video is finally uploaded, I'll make sure that everyone takes a look at it throughout every community I know. The same goes for the rest of your Ayumi supporters since strength is larger through numbers and the word of mouth needs to be big to really make this art contest known to plenty of people. I really got to get back into my art as well since it's been a while since I made something for myself.

But enough of that, Operation Tachibana is begging soon fellows and we've got to make this thing as big as possible! Forget the Year of Banjo Kazooie, this might as well be the Year of Ayumi since many people doing art for the character could potentially lead more people to be interested in the game. You guys really have no idea how excited I am for this to happen!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't really know much about her, but I feel like I have to support my fellow Famicom brethren and sisteren (that's not a word but Ayumi is a girl).

#TeamFamicom!
Takamaru
Ayumi Tachibana
Donbe and Hikari
Goku (Yuyuki)

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know much about her, but I feel like I have to support my fellow Famicom brethren and sisteren (that's not a word but Ayumi is a girl).

#TeamFamicom!
Takamaru
Ayumi Tachibana
Donbe and Hikari
Goku (Yuyuki)
Don't forget to include tamagon

I am on board with the idea of team famicom

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With the time I have now and the video on the horizon, I will start making a full moveset for Ayumi immediately that fully reflects her character and the items in Famicon Tantei Club (though expect most of then to be from the second game). Think of this as something to answer the questions for those who would ask "How the hell she would fight?" or don't know what new she would bring to the table. Been a while since I've last worked on my own videos, so expect this one to be made after I share the finished written moveset here.

Other than that, get ready for one of the biggest things that could spread more attention to the FTC series and give her some notability in the Smash Ballot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Again, I apologize for the double post since I'm finally finished with the movset. Take a look at it and tell me what you guys think. I made sure to stay true to her character while incorporating various elements from the series in her moveset. Needless to say, I'm proud of all the work I've worked into.

Ayumi is not a skilled fighter, that's for sure. As such, her moveset is based around the idea that she starts off weak, and has to use defensive skills to keep her safe (ie, she could have a ranged flashlight attack). Taking some inspiration from Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ayumi's Down B technique would be to search for evidence. In a way, this attack is meant to serve as a buff and as a debuff. As she collects more evidence, she gets stronger and stronger (kind of like a certain Aura Pokemon’s gimmick, except based on a special stat). Overall, it should be considered a "confidence" stat - when she has found more evidence, she can do better overall. This stat affects the damage of every attack she has.

STATS

Screen Name: Ayumi Tachibana

Size: 5/10

Weight: 3/10

(Running) Speed: 5/10

Power: Varies, but starts at 3/10

Jump: 5/10

Fall Speed: 6/10

Crouch: Yes

Crawl: No you perverts!

Wall Jump: Yes

Wall Cling: Yes. (which character doesn't?)

Entrance Animation: Ayumi walks onto the stage with her partner the Protagonist, who would leave her behind and she begs for him not to go.

Idle Animation: She stands nervously with her hands at her side. Sometimes she would mess around with her ponytail or even look at her map from the BS sequel.

Walking Animation: She walks slowly like any timid girl would do.

Running Animation: She runs quickly while shuffling her arms within each stop (typical schoolgirl run).

Stunned Animation: She struggles to hold herself up like she’s preparing to faint with her hands wobbling and eyes looking faint.

Sleeping Animation: She sleeps on her back peacefully like she’s doing so back in her home in Ochitana Village.

B: Evidence -Ayumi, using the evidence she had gathered, confronts the opponent with their apparent "crime". Ayumi fires the evidence at the opponent, who must dodge, parry, and shield the best he or she can since it’s a fast moving projectile. The opponent has a health meter for this portion, which depletes when an attack is not shielded, parried, or dodged. The more evidence Ayumi has, the more likely she is to come out the victor. But if she throws every evidence she has, she is back to her default strength. She would start the match without any evidence like how Olimar would start with few Pikmin in any Smash round.

Magnifying Glass: A light and fast moving projectile that deals minimal damage.

Vase: A heavier object that shatters upon impact and can’t be thrown very far, slightly stinger damage.

Coffee: It’s a projectile that can be thrown half the distance of the magnifying glass and can put foes to sleep upon impact.

T.U. Pen: Throw farther and faster than the magnifying glass to deal minimal slash damage.

Plastering Tools: Does more damage than the pen, but can be thrown at a short distance due to weight. Has a high possibility of breaking shields and other defenses.

Mirror Shard: The rarest evidence of the bunch, it can be thrown at the fastest speed in comparison to any projectile and deals more slash damage than the T.U. Pen.

Side B: Flashlight - A ranged attack that does no knockback or damage, but stuns the opponent, giving her time to build up her evidence.

Up B: Umbrella - Ayumi pulls out her umbrella, and a gust of wind carries her upward and sideways. Unlike Peach’s, it’s a non damaging move and she can cancel it more easily.

Down B: Evidence Shift - Works as described in lead paragraph. Does nothing if she already has all three pieces of evidence. All of the B attacks are designed to be around defense or general non-violence with the exception of the Neutral Special. Some of these items include material like magnifying glass, vase, coffee, T.U. pen, plastering tools, and mirror shard.

Final Smash: The Girl in the Back- An ominous “Ayuuuuuuumiiiii!” can be heard as Ayumi herself grow scared and shivers in fear. The screen starts to dark with a minor fog rolling in to surround her body. Then the ghost of Yoko Kojima suddenly appears with her tattered appearance and Ayum looks back at her. The ghost would emit a banshee like wail that terrifies her living friend and any other fighter around a medium sized radius. This would then send opponents flying away and they would have a high chance of being KO’d depending on how high their damage meter is (Think the 5-volt stage hazard from the Gamer stage). Once the Final Smash is over, the ghastly girl would disappear leaving Ayumi covering her head in fear. The terrified girl would get up and look around to see if the ghost is gone and sighs in relief after it’s over.

A (low confidence): A light slap (like the one any girl would do)

A (high confidence): A simple jab

AA (high confidence): A harder jab

AAA (high confidence): The last jab required for kickback.

Dash A (low confidence): Trip & Tumble - Ayumi clumsily trips on her shoe and tumbles back onto her feet.

Dash A (high confidence): Ayumi leaps forward and performs a kick.

Up tilt (low confidence): Ayumi blindly slaps into the air.

Up tilt (high confidence): Ayumi throws a quick punch into the air.

Down tilt (low confidence): Ayumi does a light kick.

Down A (high confidence): Ayumi trips the opponent with her left leg.

Forward tilt (low confidence): Ayumi throws a small rock.

Forward tilt (high confidence): Ayumi throws this rock at a further distance with some strength in the projectile.

Forward Smash (low confidence): Ayumi swings her shoulder case.

Forward Smash (high confidence): Ayumi performs a multi-punch attack.

Up Smash (low confidence): Ayumi performs an ineffectual attack into the air with her shoulder case.

Up Smash (high confidence): Ayumi uppercuts into the air.

Down Smash (low confidence): Ayumi swings her handbag downwards.

Down Smash (high confidence): Ayumi kicks the opponent down into the ground hard.

Neutral air (low confidence): Swings a school book.

Neutral air (high confidence): Does a rotational kick with her left leg.

Forward air (low confidence): Pops her parasol open forward.

Forward air (high confidence): Does a punch that carries with it a small forward movement.

Back air (low confidence): Quickly swings her shoulder case behind her.

Back air (high confidence): Sharply jabs backwards with her elbow.

Up air (low confidence): Pops her parasol open upward gives her a small lift, but is closed quickly afterward).

Up air (high confidence): Does an uppercut into the air, which gives her a small lift.

Down air (low confidence): Swings her map from the Sattelaview sequel downwards.

Down air (high confidence): Does a divekick.

Grab (low confidence): Reluctantly grabs the opponent.

Grab (high confidence): Twists the opponent's arm behind his or her back like a detective.

Pummel (low confidence): Slaps the opponent.

Pummel (high confidence): Punches the opponent.

Forward Throw (low confidence): Pushes the opponent away (hard enough to create SOME distance at least).

Forward Throw (high confidence): Headbutts the opponent and launches him or her forward.

Up Throw (low confidence): Tosses them slightly into the air.

Up Throw (high confidence): Punches the opponent in the chin and sends him or her upward.

Back Throw (low confidence): Spins around behind the opponent and shoves him or her.

Back Throw (high confidence): Swings the opponent around and around and throws him or her behind her.

Down Throw (low confidence): Flings the foe down in fear.

Down Throw (high confidence): Lays the foe on the ground for a quick punt with her foot.

Taunt 1 (low confidence): She pulls out a photo and says “Oh Yoko” in a sorrowful tone.

Taunt 1 (high confidence): Pulls out a thick notebook and reads its contents.

Taunt 2 (low confidence): Looks through her shoulder case in a panicked gesture.

Taunt 2 (high confidence): Pulls a magnifying glass out of her shoulder case and examines a piece of evidence.

Taunt 3 (low confidence): Tries to get her phone to work, only to become give up to lack of patience.

Taunt 3 (high confidence): Calls somebody on the phone, and then hangs up.

Victory Animation 1: She cheers by jumping in excitement and says “I did it!” before doing a V for Victory pose.

Victory Animation 2: She holds her hand in front of her chest while saying “Yoko, I bet you’ll be proud of the justice I commit today” before looking at the camera with a sad look.

Victory Animation 3: The Protagonist would appear beside her and rubs her head like an older brother would. Ayumi would say “Stop that, we know that the case was solved” before glaring at him, which would cause him to laugh at her.

Lose Animation: She cries with her eyes open and sorrowful look on her face, reference to The Girl in the Back’s intro when she saw Yoko’s corpse.

Series Icon: A detective’s magnifying glass

Victory Theme: A remixed part of Famciom Tantei Club II’s Title Screen Intro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom