• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famicom Tantei Detective Ayumi Tachibana Thread (There Was Almost an Ayumi Costume in Bayonetta)

Do you support Ayumi Tachibana and the detective?

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yup. Posted that EXACT description. I'll take those thank yous now, please.:smirk:
Right, thanks for uncovering the info for us (Fellow Troper) :p

Edit: @ Marakatu Marakatu @ smashkirby smashkirby @ L9999 L9999 @BluePikmin11 @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Get a load of what that previous guy I've talked about had done.

I mean talk about full fledged dedication there and he's also in the works of preparing a script that talks about the history of Ayumi for those who don't know her. While this might not be much, but he's seriously determined to make this character more known in the West.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Posted a headcanon which has plenty to deal with Ayumi and my theory on her within the series. Go have a read. :)
That headcannon, my brain wrapped around the idea easily and I saw plenty of possibilities as to how Assist Trophies came to be. Having her be responsible for the creation of Mr. game & Watch sounds like it could be the biggest twist in Smash history. The ending about Master Hand making a trophy in Ayumi's likeness was rather sweet and made me view that hand in a different light.

Speaking of light, that ending made things pretty crystal clear that Wright's Melee trophy would foreshadow his future Assist Trophy role. Reminds me of when I've first started writing my original Sega fanfiction years ago. :)

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Right, thanks for uncovering the info for us (Fellow Troper) :p

Edit: @ Marakatu Marakatu @ smashkirby smashkirby @ L9999 L9999 @BluePikmin11 @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Get a load of what that previous guy I've talked about had done.

I mean talk about full fledged dedication there and he's also in the works of preparing a script that talks about the history of Ayumi for those who don't know her. While this might not be much, but he's seriously determined to make this character more known in the West.
While this is pretty cool, that guy could use some advice on how not to distort images.
(Btw, tagging doesn't work when you are editing a post.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While this is pretty cool, that guy could use some advice on how not to distort images.
(Btw, tagging doesn't work when you are editing a post.)
Well I tried, especially since I would not be able to double post without getting an unwanted warning. I've seen plenty of people get away with it to not really care.

At least the guy's interpretation was better than my attempt, which had a plain red background. He's already in the middle of playing the game as we speak just to get some information as we speak before writing the dialogue he needs for that big video this month. He also as his Amiibo in stock ready to give away for the fan art contest that he has planned.

Though my only concern with him is that while he updates his videos rather quickly on his channel, he only gets views in the hundreds as opposed to the thousands unlike JonTron. That alone means that there won't be enough exposure with what he's doing unless he were to somehow have more people subscribe to him or even share that said video all over the Smash community.

But either way, I will be interested to see how this whole plan of his would go even though she's a pretty obscure character in the West. It would also make sense to share it to some Japanese forums and Twitter accounts (Which is something we need to do for a certain samurai).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post, but this is urgent news regarding that guy I've been talking to about Famicom Tantei Club and Ayumi for Smash. He had just got done playing the game and is almost finished with his review of it. As for now he's planning to begin the operations of his Ayumi Tachibana Fanart Contest with the Lucina Amiibo as a prize to give away.

He's currently trying to find ways in which to spread his video so that people would be motivated to partake in the contest. He also hopes that people would do more than just fan art like modding actually 3D animations of her possible Smash model along with some neat attacks (As crazy as it sounds given there are little modders in this community). I gave him some ideas like spreading his video to Smashboards with his own account or even making a Tumblr page that would update people about it. I've also reminded him of the existence of Brawl Vault since it's the biggest community full of Smash modders that can help (Plus DeviantArt for English speaking artists).

Other than that, do any of you guys have any ideas for him? He's definitely serious about making this a thing and he really wants to help a rather obscure character in the Smash Ballot with the help of some buzz. He's a rather amateur YouTuber like @DragonSniperNintendo, hence why he's not going cause as much noise as guys like JonTron or ChuggaConroy.

@ Marakatu Marakatu @ smashkirby smashkirby @ L9999 L9999 @BluePikmin11 @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, should we ask for Omni to Smashify Ayumi? That would boost her chances for the Fighter Ballot, right?
That's something I haven't thought about until now. And it's something I should have told Denoxkun until now since it's a thing he should consider doing or advertising.

Though the problem with that is it would go against his idea of having an art contest where people would compete for an Amiibo. Meaning Omni would win the contest hands down just because of how huge his following is. :p

Jokes aside, we can feel free to request her on the Smashified Twitter while doing this whole fan art contest since more exposure means more votes. This is now a "do or die" situation like he said since this would be the only way for us to convince Sakurai to revisit an old idea despite her obscurity.

Troykv

Smash Master
I must say... The idea of have a school girl fight against Animals, Dragons, GODS and Mr. Video Game himself is priceless XD

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I must say... The idea of have a school girl fight against Animals, Dragons, GODS and Mr. Video Game himself is priceless XD
Too bad Sakurai probably won't revisit the idea unless she get monstrous support in the ballot. Especially since her inclusion would provide great music and garner enough popularity for a fourth detective club game.

Denuxkun just wants some people to participate in his upcoming fanart contest that will take place next weekend since he knows that people will do ANYTHING for a rare Amiibo like Lucina. That upcoming video of his's will have to be advertised in plenty of websites since the more famous artists need to work on it and it is the closest thing to spreading familiarity of Ayumi in the West. This is where you guys come in since you do support a seemingly impossible character and want to make her possible. :smirk:

Troykv

Smash Master
Too bad Sakurai probably won't revisit the idea unless she get monstrous support in the ballot. Especially since her inclusion would provide great music and garner enough popularity for a fourth detective club game.

Denuxkun just wants some people to participate in his upcoming fanart contest that will take place next weekend since he knows that people will do ANYTHING for a rare Amiibo like Lucina. That upcoming video of his's will have to be advertised in plenty of websites since the more famous artists need to work on it and it is the closest thing to spreading familiarity of Ayumi in the West. This is where you guys come in since you do support a seemingly impossible character and want to make her possible. :smirk:
I don't know the series, but I support any character that needs more recognition.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know the series, but I support any character that needs more recognition.
Me too, and I feel that Sakurai leaving her out of Melee for "lack of familiarity" is a huge wasted opportunity. Especially since that game had a bigger cult following and more games than the likes of The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Which pains me to say this). I even bet that the Game Boy Advance Famicom Mini series of the game sold better than any other Japanese exclusive titles that were a part of the GBA ports.

I feel that if executed properly, Denoxkun's plan could potentially work and he had garnered a great understanding of Famicom Tantei Club Part II after playing it. That means he'll be writing a script regarding who she is and why she would fit in Smash for those who are completely unfamiliar with the game. Let's just hope that the video itself is well executed and Lucina's cute face alone would warrant your average artist to participate in the contest.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up, Denoxkun just sent me a screencap of the script he has for the video so far and it looks pretty great. Not only he is talking about what game Ayumi game from, but he said that Famicom Tantei Club is to Nintendo like what Sce Attorney is to Capcom (Especially since Ryu's inclusion makes him unlikely). All he needs is a few more extra Lucina Amiibo and he's set (Since more than one winner will be provided with them).

I've told him that he might as well make an account and stop by here since plenty of potential Smash artists would be welcome to participate. So I expect you guys to give him a nice warm welcome and talk about what places that he should target next. Right about now, we have to grow in numbers and spread awareness of this considered Melee fighter to make or break this situation.

I wonder if some of the good artists like @Hotfeet444 or the friend of @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ would want to be involved since they are a few good examples. But I'm sure more of the other artists would show their face once they take a look at the final video. :evil:

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, it's me Denoxkun. I'm glad to be a new member in the Smash Boards. My friend Azure Warrior motivated me to join because he was talking a lot about my plans on giving Ayumi Tachibana more exposure and I decided to explain the whole situation about that.

I am currently waiting for a negotiation on my 2nd Lucina with the Robin with a friend and I really hope to come in an agreement with him soon. Once we do, I should be getting the 2nd Lucina Amiibo for the contest.

The contest I plan to do is NOT only a fanart contest but a free for all one that would require you to make something creative out of Ayumi Tachibana like animations, figurines, 3D Art, etc. Use your wildest imaginations. Once the video is made, more details on the contest will be explained on how I want it to be executed.

The point of this contest is to insure exposure of Ayumi Tachibana in the west. I want the Ayumi video to be spread like wildfire and will also require anyone who wishes to enter to send me a screenshot of you voting for Ayumi and the reason why. You will know her history in that video before you are told to do so.

Even if Ayumi does not appear in Smash, but we can create a bigger demand on reviving the Famicon Detective Club series and introduce it to the west. Plus there is a Lucina Amiibo on the line for the overall lucky winner of this contest who shows the most epic piece of work out of Ayumi Tachibana will win the prize.

The only drawback is that at the moment, the Lucina Amiibo prize is US/Canada/PR exclusive due to the high cost of shipping the amiibo internationally and being in a tight budget at this moment. But even if you are outside of the US, I encourage you to still participate if you have a strong desire to because YOU are guaranteed to get a shoutout and acknowledgement in the video when the winner is announced no matter how good or bad the content you make for Ayumi Tachibana.

The last thing I will say is that once the video is uploaded, the contest will begin! This will last until August-September 2015 to give artists and creators enough time to make a masterpiece out of her. So be prepared for it coming because this contest will guarantee that Ayumi will be a lot more popular in the west than it ever been before BUT I would need your help to help spread the word of this contest!

Here's some screenshots of the content I am prepping up for this video:

To be updated for this video, be sure to subscribe to my Denoxkunreturns YouTube channel to be aware of that upcoming video! So I really hope you stick tuned for that! Make sure many people are reading this now.

OPERATION TACHIBANA WILL SOON BEGIN AND WE AYUMI FANS MUST UNITE AND INCREASE IN NUMBERS! WHO'S WITH ME? XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello everyone, it's me Denoxkun. I'm glad to be a new member in the Smash Boards. My friend Azure Warrior motivated me to join because he was talking a lot about my plans on giving Ayumi Tachibana more exposure and I decided to explain the whole situation about that.

I am currently waiting for a negotiation on my 2nd Lucina with the Robin with a friend and I really hope to come in an agreement with him soon. Once we do, I should be getting the 2nd Lucina Amiibo for the contest.

The contest I plan to do is NOT only a fanart contest but a free for all one that would require you to make something creative out of Ayumi Tachibana like animations, figurines, 3D Art, etc. Use your wildest imaginations. Once the video is made, more details on the contest will be explained on how I want it to be executed.

The point of this contest is to insure exposure of Ayumi Tachibana in the west. I want the Ayumi video to be spread like wildfire and will also require anyone who wishes to enter to send me a screenshot of you voting for Ayumi and the reason why. You will know her history in that video before you are told to do so.

Even if Ayumi does not appear in Smash, but we can create a bigger demand on reviving the Famicon Detective Club series and introduce it to the west. Plus there is a Lucina Amiibo on the line for the overall lucky winner of this contest who shows the most epic piece of work out of Ayumi Tachibana will win the prize.

The only drawback is that at the moment, the Lucina Amiibo prize is US/Canada/PR exclusive due to the high cost of shipping the amiibo internationally and being in a tight budget at this moment. But even if you are outside of the US, I encourage you to still participate if you have a strong desire to because YOU are guaranteed to get a shoutout and acknowledgement in the video when the winner is announced no matter how good or bad the content you make for Ayumi Tachibana.

The last thing I will say is that once the video is uploaded, the contest will begin! This will last until August-September 2015 to give artists and creators enough time to make a masterpiece out of her. So be prepared for it coming because this contest will guarantee that Ayumi will be a lot more popular in the west than it ever been before BUT I would need your help to help spread the word of this contest!

To be updated for this video, be sure to subscribe to my Denoxkunreturns YouTube channel to be aware of that upcoming video! So I really hope you stick tuned for that! Make sure many people are reading this now.

OPERATION TACHIBANA WILL SOON BEGIN AND WE AYUMI FANS MUST UNITE AND INCREASE IN NUMBERS! WHO'S WITH ME? XD
Since there had been a bit of an awkward silence due to your sudden appearance, I'll just be the first to say that I'm totally with you.

We've been underrated by the Phoenix and Layton fanboys long enough for these months of speculation. And this summer will be one to be known as the time everyone shall know the name of Ayumi Tachibana!

Troykv

Smash Master

I can't participe... But I can help in other way xDU

Anyway, I like this idea,

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
I can't participe... But I can help in other way xDU

Anyway, I like this idea,
No worries! The best way you can help me out is spread the word about this, especially when the video releases! :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! We have a special guest in this thread tonight and you might want to see what he's got planned for us! Perhaps that Marth x Roy artist of yours would want to participate in the contest? :)

Also, when are you gonna comeback and see this @ Marakatu Marakatu ? Because that title needs to changed ASAP and more artists would be interested to join the contest!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! We have a special guest in this thread tonight and you might want to see what he's got planned for us! Perhaps that Marth x Roy artist of yours would want to participate in the contest? :)
Naaah, I can't really ask her to do that. She doesn't even know you. And she hardly does art like that for others unless it's a gift or something.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Naaah, I can't really ask her to do that. She doesn't even know you. And she hardly does art like that for others unless it's a gift or something.
Alright, it was really worth a try. But at least the good thing is that you know who's going to kickstart some serious Ayumi support and what the plan is about. ;)

I can imagine more people being motivated when the video itself is made, but at least you know who the few supporters are @ Denoxkun Denoxkun . Perhaps I should take a look at the Art Emporium subforum and see if you can make a thread about it there. Then I've remembered that you can't really post any links unless you make more than then posts on this site.

Either way, welcome to the community and I hope you get used to knowing your way around here. It was a pleasure getting to introduce you to the fellows in this thread. :laugh:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Whoa, I love the enthusiasm in here. Good show with this attempt at raising support and I hope everything turns out well @ Denoxkun Denoxkun . I definitely support the notion of characters like Ms. Tachibana joining Smash because of their history with Nintendo, the "hidden gem" status they entail, their ability to represent an entire genre of games Nintendo hasn't before with other Smash entrants, and of course their unique moveset potential. Ayumi looks to be the closes thing Nintendo has to their own Phoenix Wright with some hints of Saki Asamiya from the manga Sukeban Deka and that sounds like the perfect mix of elements for a memorable entrant.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as the heads up guys! Marataku is no longer with us since he has some plans coming for Takamaru in the end. So I will be his successor and hopefully make this thread more active with interesting discussions whenever a certain mod gives me that thread ownership promotion. But don't be sad for which I'll make things as fun as possible before and after Operation Tachibana comes into effect (Which I'll advertise in the thread's title). The first thing I'll do however is constructing a brand new moveset since we have to attract new supporters somehow.

Also, thanks for your support @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy since I knew you'd show up sooner or later. When I'm the one in charge of this tread, I'll make sure to add you or anyone else who isn't on the list yet. And they don't call us the enthusiastic ones that support the obscure for nothing. :laugh:

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
@ Denoxkun Denoxkun
Good luck, you are doing a great job. I would submit something, but I have no artistic skills. I'll try to spread the word, though.

Any mod online? I would like to give the ownership of this thread to Azure Warrior, since he's entusiastically doing a good job with this thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Denoxkun Denoxkun
Good luck, you are doing a great job. I would submit something, but I have no artistic skills. I'll try to spread the word, though.

Any mod online? I would like to give the ownership of this thread to Azure Warrior, since he's entusiastically doing a good job with this thread.
I've already sent a message to @Warchamp7 since he's one of few mods with the most control over thread roles based on Swampasaur's post in the Monita thread. It should take about less than 24 hours until he get the message soon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I am officially the new thread owner the OP had been slightly tweaked.

Some of these tweaks include updating the support list (remind me if anyone new isn't one there yet), adding the information for Operation Tachibana (which is now reflected in the new title), and stating the information regarding her consideration for Melee's roster. I might find the original video after things are less busy since some might be curious about the source and might want to see it depict not wanting to look at PushDustIn's translations. My next order of business is to at least constructing that new moveset which would take a while due to the amount of research required. But fear not, anyone else who might have knowledge of the game may feel free to make their own since my other OP's had allowed multiple move sets before.

To start a brand new discussion, what type of playstyle would you want Ayumi to have when she's actually playable? It can be something as simple as a lightning bruiser with strange attacks or even a gimmicky all rounded character with even ground and air capabilities. You can feel free to use what you know about her games or even use what you have based on your Smash knowledge.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
@ Marakatu Marakatu @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy Thanks a lot for the support on this idea! :3

Not much to update here compared to yesterday, still negotiating with my friend to get him shipping my Robin and Lucina amiibo once we come to a trade agreement. My second Lucina should arrive around later this week or next week. But I believe by friday or saturday, I should find time to start recording my voice clips for the Ayumi Contest.

Incase you want to have an idea how I do videos that are very descriptive with pictures and everything, check my latest Tech Review that I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AcXjv9eJ4

If you like what you see, you can rest assure that my Ayumi Contest Video will be just as descriptive as that or maybe a bit more effort put into it like that. And know that after the Ayumi Contest Video comes up, you have until August-September, around that time my full fledged game review for the SNES version of Famicom Detective Club will be released and at the end of that same video, a winner will be announced. Then the video after that will be a shoutout and display of every single Ayumi based fan work ever received, so no matter how good or bad you do your fanarts, you can be sure that I will still honor it and include your work on that video. Plus a shoutout to you as well to be a bit more recognized.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Marakatu Marakatu @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy Thanks a lot for the support on this idea! :3

Not much to update here compared to yesterday, still negotiating with my friend to get him shipping my Robin and Lucina amiibo once we come to a trade agreement. My second Lucina should arrive around later this week or next week. But I believe by friday or saturday, I should find time to start recording my voice clips for the Ayumi Contest.

Incase you want to have an idea how I do videos that are very descriptive with pictures and everything, check my latest Tech Review that I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AcXjv9eJ4

If you like what you see, you can rest assure that my Ayumi Contest Video will be just as descriptive as that or maybe a bit more effort put into it like that. And know that after the Ayumi Contest Video comes up, you have until August-September, around that time my full fledged game review for the SNES version of Famicom Detective Club will be released and at the end of that same video, a winner will be announced. Then the video after that will be a shoutout and display of every single Ayumi based fan work ever received, so no matter how good or bad you do your fanarts, you can be sure that I will still honor it and include your work on that video. Plus a shoutout to you as well to be a bit more recognized.
Saw the video and I like what I've seen. I don't know why, but they seem much more professional in comparison to your other vides and having Operation Tachibsna with the same quality would be enough to convince the masses. This video would needs to be hella promoted for gamers and casuals to see the video (and join our cause).

I can already assure you that I've convinced someone on the Takamaru thread to be our first lucky contestant. But don't worry, I've told him to take his time since you haven't finished producing the video yet and it has to be high quality. If you want an example of how good @ThatShadowLink's art is, then look no further than his profile picture (which he made himself).

Good job on the progress of everything and make sure that things go smoothly. You are the man for thinking of a genius plan like this! ;)

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot, Azure! I expect by the time I have the video ready for the Ayumi Support Community to be a lot more active. That's what I want to see. We gotta spread it enough so the bigger YouTubers and bloggers starts reviewing them as well. We have until October to get her noticed and September for the contest. :3 So I expect in August for the Famicom Detective Club SNES remake version to be made and will be active working on the video no later than next week.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks a lot, Azure! I expect by the time I have the video ready for the Ayumi Support Community to be a lot more active. That's what I want to see. We gotta spread it enough so the bigger YouTubers and bloggers starts reviewing them as well. We have until October to get her noticed and September for the contest. :3 So I expect in August for the Famicom Detective Club SNES remake version to be made and will be active working on the video no later than next week.
That's great news and we'll be expecting it whenever it's finally out. I can imagine the buzz even bigger whenever Did You Know Gaming? makes that new Smash video since the Ayumi/Takamaru consideration from the interview is a highly likely candidate as one of the facts on the new video. If you don't know who they are, it's a YouTube channel dedicated to talking about the many beta elements and facts regarding any video game franchise. I can tell that it will happen soon since most people in the Sonic Part 3 comment section are looking forward to another Smash video more than one based on Disney games.

Oh and by the way, I'll show you @ThatShadowLink's Takamaru drawing so that you can get a good idea of what his skills are like.

I hope you like what you see and you know what to expect out of your first participant. You hear that artists and possible competitors, this is an example of what you'll be up against in the contest and you can feel free to join if yoU can produce something even better than this! :demon:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's great news and we'll be expecting it whenever it's finally out. I can imagine the buzz even bigger whenever Did You Kniw Gaming? makes that new Smash video since the Ayumi/Takamaru consideration from the interview is a highly likely candidate as one of the facts on the new video. If you don't know who they are, it's a YouTube channel dedicated to talking about the many beta elements and facts regarding any video game franchise. I can tell that it will happen soon since most people in the Sonic Part 3 comment section are looking forward to another Smash video more than one based on Disney games.

Oh and by the way, I'll show you @ThatShadowLink's Takamaru drawing so that you can get a good idea of what his skills are like.

I hope you like what you see and you know what to expect out of your first participant. You hear that artists and possible competitors, this is an example of what you'll be up against in the contest and you can feel free to join if yoU can produce something even better than this! :demon:
Oh, are we getting a new DYKG video for Smash? Maybe they can use the info found in PushDustin's SourceGaming website. It's got enough Smash trivia to last about 2-3 videos! Hopefully, they do check it out, and like you said, hopefully one of their videos in the future eventually mention Taka and Ayumi being considered for Smash, but were cut later on.

BTW, I LOVE your art of Taka!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, are we getting a new DYKG video for Smash? Maybe they can use the info found in PushDustin's SourceGaming website. It's got enough Smash trivia to last about 2-3 videos! Hopefully, they do check it out, and like you said, hopefully one of their videos in the future eventually mention Taka and Ayumi being considered for Smash, but were cut later on.

BTW, I LOVE your art of Taka!
Actually, that art was made by @ThatShadowLink and he should get most of the credit. :laugh:

The new Smash video isn't officially confirmed yet, but the subscribers have a choice between voting between that or a Disney video on the comment section for Sonic Part 3 (Unsurprisingly, it has plenty of votes in comparison to the other choice). But yes, they would have to go to PushDustIn's SourceGaming blog to get some background on the information from that Sakurai interview (Takamaru, Ayumi, and the Miiverse requests). It would be a huge wasted opportunity if they don't mention that fact in the upcoming video.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I definitely would love to see more content from this series in Smash Bros.

Not sure about a character but definitely needs something!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New Question: How would you feel if Nintendo were to announce collaborating with Level 5 for a Nintendo Detective Club game on the 3DS? These guys are know for making high quality mystery games like the Proffesor Layton franchise and I can tell that they would capture that serious mood very well.

Do any of you agree with this notion or do you feel that the Ace Attorney developers ought to have a crack at it?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm always happy to see Nintendo revive an old franchise.

Level 5 would be a perfect fit, but could Nintendo get them to do it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm always happy to see Nintendo revive an old franchise.

Level 5 would be a perfect fit, but could Nintendo get them to do it?
Nintendo themselves had been pretty adamant on third party collaborations lately if we look at what happened with several games. Wonderful 101 was co produced with Platinum Games, Tecmo Koei helped with the development of Hyrule Warriors, and we are going to get Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei thanks to Atlus. Heck, they even announced that more third party collaborations would happen since the success of Hyrule Warriors' sales and reception.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

So aparently Ayumi was considered to some degree for Melee, but ultimatley was cut due to lack of international demand. Maybe Sakurai has a soft spot, and a little international support could sway him...
Indeed, I can see this being the most likely scenario. A brand new game with an international release would be the best way to get old Sak to reconsider her inclusion.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I would like to announce some good news and bad news about the Ayumi Origin/Operation Tachibana video.

The bad news is that I will have to delay the video and the Lucina amiibo I am gonna use as giveaway still has not arrived.

The Good News is the reason for the delay is that I just now got enough money to spend on a better professional microphone and I would like to wait until I obtain it to start voicing the script for this video so it can sound better. The mic I use now is the build in one on my Logitech HD Webcam which is okay but mediocre at best for videos like this. I plan to get it on eBay for the cheapest price possible. So it may take a couple of weeks for me to obtain that and the Lucina amiibo. So hope you understand and thanks for your patience, I promise it will be worth the wait.

Once I get both the mic and the Lucina amiibo, I will post another update here that I will start on the video that will open Operation Tachibana and the video of her Origins. :) So stick tuned to that.

Top Bottom