• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Multishine

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I currently multishine w/ fox very well. And i found that most tech stuff that i do all follows the same finger speed, and this speed is the right rhythm for sliding my finger from y>b in order to jc a shine w/ fox. Obviously, this is too fast for falco, and I'm not sure if learning a separate rhythm is the correct way to go. I've also pursued other methods w/ not perfect results:
* sliding my finger from x>b (across a) this usually results in a pressing of b too quickly (i estimate 5 frames as i cannot use this method w/ fox)
* pressing y release and press b: usually results in 1-2 frames too slow
* pressing x release and press b: usually results in 4-6 frames too slow

I'm not a fan of either the control stick method or the "claw" method as i am much more precise while moving my thumb from one button to another rather than pressing buttons w/ multiple fingers. So out of the 4 methods above, what do you flashy falco users find to work the best?

PS - 100'th Post!

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
I would guess that just getting two rhythms is the easiest... which is something annoying about switching between the two space animals

Some food for thought: Fox's shine -> 3 frames, 3 frames hitlag, 4 frames jump startup, reshine if done perfectly; Falco's shine -> 3 frames, 4 frames hitlag, 6 frames jump startup, reshine if done perfectly. Those are the numbers, for what it's worth, to get an idea of the difference in timing (10 frames for Fox versus 13 frames for Falco) if that helps at all.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
i hate falco's JC shines... i can JC shine with fox like a billion times and for falco it just doesn't work T_T. anyways i do the control stick method since it seems to come out much faster (unless you claw). when i slide from Y to B (as i do with fox) it seems to lag or just not work at all. if you want speed i'd go control stick. if you want consistency / alot of shines use Y -> B.

PS - flashy falcos will rule the world some day. ^^

DoctaMalik

Smash Rookie
I use the control stick but i cant really ever get more than a double shine, but thats all i really need. I got consistent with the control stick for double shining and it seems to come out faser than the Y > B method which is harder for me to do. that and i already favor the control stick :D but if you can multishine with Y > B go for it!

xelad1

Smash Ace
I do all my tech stuff with fox and falco with x, that doesn't mean you should though. I just got so used to playing with x that I don't want to transition over to y now, but if you learn to slide and not hit the A button its not too bad. Anyway you should just stick with the button your most comfortable with, it really is just timing. I actually have an easier time switching from falco to fox since all I need to do is speed up what I'm doing since fox's jump is pretty much lag free... but whenever I move from fox to falco I start waveshining crappily and I have to slow myself down.

If you can already multishine a lot with fox (something I myself can't do) then you should have no problem, once you get the rythm down, of multishining a lot with falco. Essentially his is much easier but it just takes a certain rythm... I have no problem multishing with falco like 6+times when I'm warmed up but fox I can do like 3 at most (probably because of my button choice). Either way the only use I've seen and found for either space animal is to be able to double shine against a shield well just to prevent grabbing, I haven't come across situations where I need to like shine 20 times or something. Double shine pillaring is very useful if your opponent is a shield grab spammer.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
w/ fox, 20 shines would be godly. I multishine infinite sometimes. very rarely. when i'm feeling really technical. Unfortunately, my best on vid is only x4 (its in my combo vid). but I've also done an x6 and x8 in a match. My record is only 17, in practice, at a few frames short of perfect though. Oh, and it only takes 10-11 shines to break a shield. With falco i bet it's even less.

Magus420

Smash Master
Some food for thought: Fox's shine -> 3 frames, 3 frames hitlag, 4 frames jump startup, reshine if done perfectly; Falco's shine -> 3 frames, 4 frames hitlag, 6 frames jump startup, reshine if done perfectly. Those are the numbers, for what it's worth, to get an idea of the difference in timing (10 frames for Fox versus 13 frames for Falco) if that helps at all.
Maybe I'm reading what you said the wrong way but it's (starting with an airborne shine following a JC):

Fox: 1st airborne frame (shine comes out) and hitlag (4 frames), shine animation continues while falling back to the ground (3 frames), land on ground (1 frame), jump startup (3 frames), (repeats from beginning). If it's beginning with the 1st shine starting off the ground you can jump 2 frames sooner after the hitlag. So that's 9 for the 1st JC shine and 11 for every one after that.

Falco: 1st airborne frame (shine comes out) and hitlag (5 frames), shine animation continues while falling back to the ground (3 frames), land on ground (1 frame), jump startup (5 frames), (repeats from beginning). If it's beginning with the 1st shine starting off the ground you can jump 2 frames sooner after the hitlag. So that's 12 for the 1st JC shine and 14 for every one after that.

Also, if the shine is on your stale move list it can have less hitlag (and stun but that doesn't affect the timing) depending on how weakened it is, allowing the JC shines to be ever so slightly faster.

Something to keep in mind is that if they hold away while shielding Falco's shine the next shine will always miss against most of the cast due to shield ASDI and his shine's pitiful range. If they were to begin holding away in their shield after taking an aerial to their shield you can hit with the first shine if you have momentum from the air and slide into them while landing, but if you JC into another shine you'll generally be out of range and it will whiff if they drop their shield unless they do something that really sticks themselves forward into you. Basically, what this means is that some characters (generally the ones with tall grab ranges) can safely attempt to shieldgrab Falco immediately after the 1st shine while holding away and shielding. If Falco JCs into another shine it will whiff and he'll get grabbed. If he shorthops out of the shine he can be grabbed on the way up if done right, though if he pillars with shorthop f-air he can put himself above some of the mid-height grab ranges at just the right time due to the attack animation. If Falco full jumps after the shine he can get out everyone's grab range in time though.

Fox's shine has a lot more range however so the above doesn't really apply for him as far as multishines go.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
i use the control stick to multi shine. i can do it with y and b but it just seems easier to me with control stick and b

Top Bottom