• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's double lasers, the right way (they should be able to hit Kirby!)***video***

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
Dude....people where able to do that in Melee....did it help?

Also, if they can reflect, Falco can reflect back, stopping them from approaching. If they absorb, you can shine them instead or just wait for them to stop/come to you.

People seem to forget that lasers aren't only for damaging...
That's why I said NO downside for when they can't do either. If they can reflect or absorb, you're forced to do something else, so there is a downside. I never said the downside was large. :/

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That's why I said NO downside for when they can't do either. If they can reflect or absorb, you're forced to do something else, so there is a downside. I never said the downside was large. :/
It's not a downside at all small though, it's not eve existent <_< it's actually a benefit.
I want to force them to reflect absorb...sure I do something else, but that alone doesn't make it a down side.
First off, they're the ones who are first forced to do something else, something which is more extreme, where as Falco is given a situation where he has more control of the field and opponent's movement, that seems more like a upside to me.
Just because you're doing something different doesn't mean it's a bad thing, especially if you can end up punishing them harder in the new situation >_>

Rawb Face

Smash Rookie
Its a good approach, I always played a defensive falco in melee, forcing my opponent to come to me by spamming lazers. Seems like it would work the same in brawl.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Just to make sure. The second laser should be one of those that make no sound right?

Edit: Er.... I'm getting the second one without sound on some and with sound on some. Does it matter?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
He said reverse SHDL (reverse B), I'm thinking he wants to know to do reverse lasers/retreating lasers.

Reverse B = tap the opposite direction before you press B. This was possible in Melee and Smash64. You do your neutral B move in that direction keeping the momentum you had from your jump (in this case, your short hop)

B Reverse = Press B then tap the opposite direction immediately. Again, you will do your neutral B move in that direction, however, you will change your character's trajectory. Instead of moving in the direction you were originally going, you will go the opposite, most likely ending up where you started your jump.

i think found a better way to SHDL. ill try to get a video up soon to show.
Just tell me, why go through the trouble of making the video first if you currently "think" it's a better way.
Other effective ways I can think of is doing it well raising off the ledge so both lasers can hit the shortest of characters.
Sethlon method doing the move high when you know they will try to jump.

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
My problem is accidentally using my phantasm when I'm in the middle of it, causing an SD. Are there any suggestions to fix this?

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I thought I was doing it but I can't hit kirby ?is there a more "in depth way " of explaining this is what happens when I do it I short hop tap be twice one lazer is way over his head the one that happends almost as I land just misses his head. what am I doing wrong?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sometimes you'll miss Kirby just because his standing animation has him ducking JUST under the second laser. A good way to tell is if you get silent lasers. Then you DEFINITELY did it right. But you could be doing it right even if you get the sound.

Are you NEVER hitting Kirby or just rarely missing?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
In the video, I was able to hit Kirby without the sound less lasers.

Me missing = me being bad because that was the day I got Brawl. I unlocked Falco, played around with him, and was like "O.o"

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Kirby is going to b ducking anyway, b/c once he starts walking or running even the normal Laser shot on the grounds hits him

OverLade

Smash Hero
I can do it the SHDL, but I can't do the SHReverseDL where you turn in midair and still time the secon lazer properly. >_>

Forlorn

Smash Rookie
It seems that in the video you're moving. Is it harder to do it just jumping on the spot and trying to shoot double lasers because I seem to only be able to hit Kirby if I manage to do the silent shot when I'm jumping on the spot but I can easily hit him when moving.

olimar64

Smash Rookie
If you count to yourself ONE-two like "one-two punch" and double tap on the two, you can get the soundless lasers easy.

Top Bottom