• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's best level

InfernalShell

Smash Rookie
Is there truly one level that Falco is nigh on unbeatable? From my experience, smaller levels with platforms are excellent, but I would like to know how other people have been playing him and where they find they get the best results.

The list I've compiled is (in no particular order)
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dreamland
Rainbow Cruise
Final Destination
Temple
Termina

I've found that these levels have the most enjoyable Falco gameplay

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why is Yoshi's Story not listed on this?

IMO, in order:

Dramland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield

rest doesn't matter. Lol.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
It changes a significant amount based on the opponent so unless you're doing tech practice vs a cpu, doesn't really seem to matter much without defining match-ups.

And since you're new, I'm letting you know that Termina and Temple are banned in tournaments, and generally never get played by tournament goers unless they're ****ing around or high.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
On the standard stages on neutrals I would suggest Yoshi's and Pokemon Stadium as your best bet. Final destination certainly makes you easy combos almost automatic, and can make lasers a pain, but it allows your opponents to get the most out of a grab, where as Falco tends to combo exceptionally well with platforms.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
IMO yoshi story is his best.

the platforms work two fold in his favor. first you can combo like a fiend all over the stage. second you are very very safe if you laser camp under them. in my opinion falco can use those platforms better, spacing wise, than marth can.

and also, theres 2 styles of character we have to decalre. camping and pressuring. all falcos fall somewhere between there, but both strategies have different stage preferences.

for example, a campy falco might like RC and guarding the chokes where a pressuring falco wouldn't want them to get away and would like FoD better.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Fd is one of falco's worst? You'd think since the board lets him laser anybody anywhere, it'd at least be favorable a little bit.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I made a horrible mistake, it's more like Marth Destination.

Unstoppable CG's, all that u-tilt to usmash nonsense against Fox, gay 0-death.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
FD is not a bad stage for Falco. Against top level Marths that love to cg, sure... but overall it still allows for a ton of combos and laser control. Fox vs Falco is pretty much even on FD.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
obviously falcos best stage is fd because he can short hop laser u and pretty much paralyze you if done perfectly and his laser eats away at ur health as well.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm going out on a limb and saying Battlefield, since it works well for Falco's Spikes and Star Kos/Shining Stars.

with FD, I heard the prob is that Falco only really has his laser game to use, since I heard he has a Deadlier platform game.

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
FD is a good stage for Falco. Don't say it isn't because top level pros have mastered the power shield. Like 1% of all smashers could make FD difficult for Falco. So it isn't really Marth Destination but "Hey regardless of where we go, I'm pwning your ***" Destination.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Upsmash?

lol?
Don't try to be a smartass
I'm talking about Fox comboing you, why the f*ck would I suggest Falco using Usmash?.

Anyways, for the most part lasers shut down a lot of characters, but eventually they can space through your lasers and once they're in, you're a dead bird, even if they mess up 0-deaths they can still bring you to pretty high percents

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Don't try to be a smartass
I'm talking about Fox comboing you, why the f*ck would I suggest Falco using Usmash?.

Read what you type, your upsmash was in reference to marth. You were talking about how marth ***** fox. I may be a smartass but at least I'm not a *******.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I'm talking about what half the cast has against him. Marth, Fox, Peach, Ganon can CG him. Fox has u-throw combos. And anyone who can CG him can 0-death him.

I'm not going to defile this thread arguing with you, period.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
imo CG doesn't really play much part in rating stages in the metagame, in any matchup.

fox's is the deadliest, but really you shouldn't be getting grabbed in any matchup. you have the blue thing of frame advantage

FD is an amazing stage for falco if you use your lasers. if you don't its still pretty good vs non-floaties

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i learned from seeing zhu and forward that FoD is just raaaape

when that platform is perfectly setup for drill combos omg

<3

♥

TresChikon

Smash Lord
imo CG doesn't really play much part in rating stages in the metagame, in any matchup.

fox's is the deadliest, but really you shouldn't be getting grabbed in any matchup. you have the blue thing of frame advantage

FD is an amazing stage for falco if you use your lasers. if you don't its still pretty good vs non-floaties
Makes sense, but I'm just scrubbsauce so I still get grabbed. I mean I can control the match for one or two stocks, but quite literally, once he gets in, I'm too sucky to not get grabbed.

InfernalShell

Smash Rookie
This was really helpful for me, I'm obscenely new at any sort of tournament level playing so I'm doing my best to learn the ropes before I start actually playing. For example, I still need to perfect his SHFFL approach, also, where would I go about finding matchup ratings for him?

Top Bottom