• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Dair can connect through a platform (+vid)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Falcon's Dair can connect through a platform, and with this I mean, hit an opponent whith falcon's Dair while they are under the platform and falcon is on the platform.

The video is found here: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=tOw5Vnk7x5o

The Dair can hit medium hight/tall opponentsthrough a platform.

One has to endure the Dairs landing lag to be able to hit opponents who are under the platform you are on, but as the Dairs ending lag has some IASA frames near the end, you can follow up pretty fast and this may even lead to new combo's

Platforms it works on, on tall (examples of tall opponents: snake, ganondorf) opponents:
Left and right platform on battlefield
moving platform on smashville
platform on halbert
platforms on pokemon stadium 1&2
lower platform on delfino plaza
Platforms on lylat cruise
platform on yoshi's island (when it is diagnally turned)
platforms on norfair
Platform on frigate orpheon

Platforms it works on, on medium hight characters (example of medium hight character: sonic) opponents:

Left and right platform on battlefield
platform on halbert
platform on yoshi's island (when it is diagnally turned)
platforms on norfair

This is great for punishing opponents who try to attack you from under the platform.

This does not work on small(er) characters, like olimar.

Zeallyx

O_O
amazing.

does AC Dair work like this? if so...

:D
Unfortunatly, the Lagless Dair cannot hit opponents under the platform you are on.
One has to do the Dair at a time the ending lag is unavoidable to hit an opponent under a platform you are on.

Regardless, this can still lead to new combo's, due to the IASA frames near the end of the Dair's landing lag and/or the hitstun of the Dair (as the Dair is known to combo, this may put you in a position to combo the Dair into smashes/tilts)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hm.

This is pretty win. Good find.

:093:

Smash Apprentice
I think this is rather situational, most Utilts/Usmashes have more priority or more range than your Dair.

Nice if enemy doesn't know about it/is dumb.

Zeallyx

I think this is rather situational, most Utilts/Usmashes have more priority or more range than your Dair.

Nice if enemy doesn't know about it/is dumb.
This is actually more usefull/less situational then you give it credit for. Especially on battlefield.
Most people tend to attack enemies on platforms, as it is mostly safe (we falcon's Utilt/Uair or even Fair enemies on platforms) and this can punish them, not neccisarily during their attack, this can also punish after lag.

RebazTalei

Smash Apprentice
"This is great for punishing opponents who try to attack you from under the platform.

This does not work on small(er) characters, like olimar. "

having second toughts on Snake's U-tilt, so dunno.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm going to talk to the 64 and melee smashers and see if they can incorporate this into their gameplay. It seems like something that could be useful in all 3 smash games.

I'm not sure if Falcon's dair hitbox is that huge in 64 and melee though. Either way, if it does work, this will help out the melee falcon pros dramatically.

Player-3

Smash Hero
nice, actually useful to note.

EDIT: wait......... this was in melee too, G-reg punch anyone?

lol 10stonerreactions
Inb4nolcancelingandlackofhitstun
I know.....didn't see your edit until you flamed the melee virgins

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Victra

look at my edit .......nobody knows a G-reg punch.......fail
Wow you're right. It seems as though G-Reg found this thread and somehow traveled years into the past, seemingly incorporating this technique years earlier. I wonder if any of the other falcon pros did this.

ToKneeOrNotToKnee, you might want to name this technique before one of those other players do. Like the "TKONTK Dip" or "Chainchoking."

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Victra is just being an *** guys. He's right though, why do you people make these threads? Especially since this was known in the other two games.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Think of it as something new to the new people who weren't around the time this was figured out.

Also some of the veterans could've forgotten about this, so it's good to remind people this exists.

I sure as Hell wouldn't have known about this had I not been given a link from 2K.

Also Victra's sig is mesmorizing.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Victra is just being an *** guys. He's right though, why do you people make these threads? Especially since this was known in the other two games.
yeah, I know I forgot about this for a couple minutes cause I was A - high and also in BRALWZ we have to use the Auto tools to make effective strategies.

And knee generally makes pointless threads

I know..........

>_>

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I`ve been doing this for quite some time, but never really got a follow-up from it, I'll toy with it tomorrow, thnx 4 the reminder

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
We just have to watch out for the priority of the person below.

Im scared of marth and snakes up tilt. Even something awesome like this can be easily countered.

It does ad to my mind games arsenal though.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't think I've seen a bigger display of stupidity in my entire life--brawl kids take the ****ing cake
I don't even know what to say. I'm speechless.

tsetse

Smash Lord
So you have to double jump????????????
And you can airdodge out of it????????

Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom