• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon WoP

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
for those that dont know WoP is wall of pain. so anyways, if you short hop a bair as if you were trying to auto cancel it you can jump again before you hit the ground. when you jump again you can do 2 more bairs until you reach the ground. this seems like a WoP to me. im thinking about using it like this. an approach. run RAR and WoP, its kinda hard but it gets easier like everything with practice. ideas? thoughts? ill put up a vid on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uTgKYwApQg

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I guess one of the possible issues with it is it's short range. A lot of characters might simply be able to outrange it.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
another thing that i want ppl to test out for me is
can falcon kick be b reverse?
like running away from the opponent but down b and reverse it for a surprise

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i tried to reverse the falcon kick i dont think its possible.you can do the dashing slide thing then falcon kick

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
*comes running back into thread*

o.k I think I found a really good practical use for this, if the oponent is near an edge use Bair (at low %), now if you keep you momentum with the opponent you CAN combo Bair into a footstool!

it's super sexy against people like bowser (auto kill on him :) ) because he has a real bad recovery, but this is just scratching the surface, there may be more applications to this !

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yea, the range isnt as short as people think. you can keep your momentum and go really far backwards. i didnt think you could but i tried while i was in the waiting room the other day, just hold the direction your going and use the c stick to bair and youll go like wooaahh far.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I've tried this before.

I saw Germ doing it once with wolf (he does it all the time now).....and he called it "wall of wolf". Just back airing over and over again...it makes you pretty unapproachable.

Doesn't work with falcon though : /....his bair, while pretty strong and quick, has bad reach. Even with momentum a sword/any weapon user can get through the "wall".

Very nice idea though.

these boards need:
more ideas.

Iwan

Smash Ace
well if your not playing anyone with a weapon.........it works.
Just tried it...weapon users can get through it, but anyone else can interrupt "the wall". You'll still hit them with the bair...but their aerial hits you too.

Leads to a lot of racked up damage on falcon that he doesn't need and that could be avoidable.

It's still useful though. Cuts down on the your opponents aerial approaches. Wish it couldn't be interrupted.

Top Bottom