• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:falcon:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol 7 "No PP! You might actually win!"

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So the program I was going to use to stream was updated recently, and now there's no audio on local recordings. Unless I can work out a way to fix that in the next 24 hours, there won't be a stream, just recordings. That's because the other program I have records the stream, and I'm pretty sure we'd rather have good quality on the recordings.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Lol what recording setup do you use?

I used this old capture card called EasyCap DC60+. It was working for a good 4 months until the audio driver started failing on me. Not to mention the video was becoming distorted and frame drops were steadily increasing until I couldn't use it anymore. I also used Pinnacle Studio 12 to capture my video/audio as well.

At this point I plan on just getting a dazzle and calling it a day.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I use a dazzle. The audio from the dazzle doesn't work with any of the recording programs. The audio I get is from my mic. The mic works fine in all of my other programs, and Xsplit says it's picking up audio, but there's nothing when I watch the video.

Anyway, I looked around Xsplit's customer support, and saw that this is a problem related to using the free version of Xsplit, and they're using some new codec for audio. This means that it's a problem on their end that's stopping my recordings from having audio, and they won't appear when I upload them to youtube. So I'll be using Flash Media Encoder to record. That means it's extremely important people use tags, because I can't stick them on the bottom of the screen this time.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Is there any last minute housing tonight for me kp and shadocat available? And if not how about tomorrow night instead? See you guys tomorrow

:phone:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I use a dazzle. The audio from the dazzle doesn't work with any of the recording programs. The audio I get is from my mic. The mic works fine in all of my other programs, and Xsplit says it's picking up audio, but there's nothing when I watch the video.

Anyway, I looked around Xsplit's customer support, and saw that this is a problem related to using the free version of Xsplit, and they're using some new codec for audio. This means that it's a problem on their end that's stopping my recordings from having audio, and they won't appear when I upload them to youtube. So I'll be using Flash Media Encoder to record. That means it's extremely important people use tags, because I can't stick them on the bottom of the screen this time.
Perhaps you could try using a different USB Port. For some reason, Dazzle audio only works with one of mine.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll give that a try. I know Dazzle audio works on some programs. For example, if I use virtualdub, I get audio with no problem. However, the recordings that saves are too large for me to use them. If I use Flash Media Encoder or XSplit, then there's no audio.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Is there any last minute housing tonight for me kp and shadocat available? And if not how about tomorrow night instead? See you guys tomorrow

Raleigh has subpar housing conditions =[ maaaaaaaaaaaybe darksyde, but prolly not. Is anyone good for it here?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Raleigh has subpar housing conditions =[ maaaaaaaaaaaybe darksyde, but prolly not. Is anyone good for it here?

NP I was just trying to avoid driving 8 hours in a day again but we can just split it up.

If things change someone let me know: 703-201-4058 thanks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've messed around with settings, so while there won't be a stream, there should be some nice looking recordings. I really wish I had a better laptop, though, so they would look as good as the game looks on screen.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's cool. I almost talked Stingers into teaming with me, but then I couldn't catch his keys.

Top Bottom