• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Zamus

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's obviously a falco board im asking falco advice vs zamus bc it doesn't seem like an easy matchup for falco and I had a bit of trouble with it just today

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's obviously a falco board im asking falco advice vs zamus bc it doesn't seem like an easy matchup for falco and I had a bit of trouble with it just today
Normally I'd assume that, but I've seen is both ways so I thought I'd ask.

And I'd say Falco has the edge, just in general. I don't see anything really specific about the matchup.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I guess it's that she just outranges you in everything and it was hard to approach her.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Falco has a bit of an edge with his reflector and blaster. Try to predict suit piece throws, and generally use a lot of lasers. If she crawls under them, dtilt. If she jumps over, SH reflector is probably a good idea. As far as the up-close fight goes, you'll have to rely on smart use of tilts, jabs and smashes.

Be careful on recoveries. ZSS's jab is very good at interrupting Phantasm, and if you're not careful, it can result in you getting hit with a Dsmash, which generally means death for Space Animals (not as much for Falco, but it's still a worry). Also, don't bother chaingrabbing her if the player is particularly good, because she can Flip Jump out of it at 0%. If she does Flip Jump out, don't try to grab her out of the Flip Jump. Instead, go back to lasers.

I can't say it will be an easy match-up, but if you play smart, you'll have an easier time than ZSS.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
Reflector as soon as the match starts is what I usually do
Don't really have advice after that
As a ZSS mainer, I don't know why I'm saying this, but a smart ZSS player might well just ditch the suit pieces to be safe. That's what I would do against a Falco.

In any event, Falco vs. ZSS can be a tough matchup from my end.

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
I've never fought a ZSS comepetitively, but my advice is to:
1: Laser like there's no tomorrow, if she crawls, either Dtilt, or what I do against crawlers, is do a phantasm, or you can do something flashy like...LHTL>FB>LHP (Ledgehop triple laser>Firebird back to ledge>Ledge phantasm)
2. If you're going to approach, do it quick, I find that SHDL>IAP works good to stop her from canceling your phantasm.
3. Powershield>Dthrow>DLX works wonders.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's that she just outranges you in everything and it was hard to approach her.
try and make her approach instead of you with lazers and phantasm to the other end

as for close combat yeah that's pretty annoying, most of her long range are quite laggy so shield alot then quickly punishing her for it is a good option seeing how slow her grab is

if your playing a good zamus edgeguard is pretty risky because she's in reality pretty hard to gimp and you might get gimped instead

so yeah basically try to keep as match control on the match as you can and don't get too crazy(meaning unnecessarily risky aggressive)

The H Kid

Original
Now that I just remembered that I've played a pro Zamus awhile back...
Close combat with spot dodging was what I used and did much better closeup then I did trying to range on her. And I met her half way on the approach. I also didn't use lasers more then like twice.
But then again I ended up losing to her so what do I know?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I play allot of ZSS's its not a hard a matchup for falco.

match starts be ready to reflect the pieces. if you gain control of them i recommend keeping one or 2 and just throwing them down and camping her. glide toss is okay, but since many times it throws the pieces off, its better just to throw vertically, and keep them in youre control.

you can chain grab to 30% i believe, from there dair, dlx or usmash. if you go for the spike just drop off and hold on the ledge, you get a stock, yay.

after the pieces game at the beginning of the match, just camp. run away and SHDL, SHL for the whole match, space youreself against her side B, since thats the only thing thats really annoying. after you start to notice her basic approaching patterns, its not hard to usmash them at low percents for a kill.
if she ducks, its like playing a worse snake, lol.

if youre not interested in playing gay, you can approach -_-... if thats the case, then most ZSS's tend to follow basic patterns with their dsmash, side B and laser.

at high percents youre getting baired if you get dsmashed, so watch out.

if they laser, you can shine, but its not always the best option. i prefer powershield, and running up for a grab (watch the dsmash when they do this, some idiots just spam it randomly)

you can powershield the 3rd hit of ZSSs jab, so just grab them after. watch out for jab jab, dtilt, upB shenanigans.

if you can predict their Side B, youre shine comes out faster. same for blaster.

dont stay on the ledge to long, their dsmash hits you and you can get bair stage spiked if you mess up the tech.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
LOTS of nairs. Your Nair outprioritizes pretty much everything she has in the air. Just be careful for her side B. Getting tipped by that is easy and VERY strong.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
Your first move, as everyone else said, should be the reflector. But if your Zamus opponent is used to fighting a good Falco, they might wait a bit and feign an approach with the armor piece in hand, anticipating the reflector. Ya never know, stay on your toes. :D

If they spam the side b, spam your lasers. If they crawl, you can reflect them or IAP them. Both fun. Don't get too close, the Dsmash chain is annoying, especially if ended with the side b.

Squipy

Smash Cadet
I have vast amount of experience with zss matches.

Most good zss I face toss out all their pieces but one, and glide toss with it - so watch out for a quick approach with lasers.

If you get hit in the air, you're at a huge disadvantage. Get to the ground as fast as possible. Never dair or try and attack her from above, as they will whip you down and dsmash chain you. (You can di out of the dsmash chain after the second time, but they'll usually hit you after 2)

When you're at 90%+, space correctly and watch for retreating foward b. A sweet spotted and fresh side-b kills at around 90% it seems and that's where I find most of them whip out the move.

Don't try going for dair spikes when hitting her off the stage, because zss will outspike after a down-b around you.

As previously said, use your n-air plenty as it negates many of her attacks. Space well from the range of side-b and her grab, and approaching after lasers or spot dodging her laggy moves will provide you a safe punishing.

Top Bottom