• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Tech Skill Video

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJOSHIMhmw

Just really got into the advanced techniques of smash during the summer, and I think its about time I made a video to show my progress. I also want to know if I am tournament material, cause thats my goal. I haven't played in any tournaments, and usually just play with my brothers and friends, only one of which uses advanced techniques, so I have no idea how I stack up against good players.

I know that this is only a tech skill video and it can't really show how I play like a real match would, so I will upload some videos of me and my brother playing. He's only 11 years old and doesn't use any advanced techniques, but its better than nothing.

Comments, critiques appreciated

I'll try to get those matches up as soon as possible

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
There was no reason to make this video.

You do not have great tech skill. These things are hardly technical. Just not worthy.

No offense.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
1.) completly ignore this manalord guy he is a diarrhea gambler... and smashboards is full of them

2.) at first when you were doing wavedash i was like 'wtf thats cake' but then you did some pretty decent stuff like ledge hop double laser and multishines... they arnt 'OMG AMAZING' stuff but they are all stuff that are pretty hard to do AND come in handy...

3.) if you wanna enter a tourny you probably wont get HUMILIATED... but you will get beat, thats because since you just learned advance techniques your gonna have to learn how to take full advantage of them and basically know WHEN to use WHAT... this comes with practice vs good people... so even if you dont want to enter a tournament... still go so you can practice vs other people that use advance techniques, your defintely tourny material

anyone who wants to flame me can kiss my *** because i dont come back to threads to check on my replies

DarkGades

Smash Rookie
1.) completly ignore this manalord guy he is a diarrhea gambler... and smashboards is full of them
lol, so true. The guy never misses the opportunity to bash other people's videos.
If anybody wants proof, just search trough his post list. He is a complete ******* :laugh:.

Well, as far as the video goes, I reckon you got most of the basics covered. All you need is to put them in practice against real opponents.

squaminator

Smash Ace
the manalord is a pretty cool guy. sometimes people just don't read. never be afraid to enter a tournamet. everybody needs to get their *** handed to them every once in a while.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yay for phantasm stall =]

i was a bit ehhh but the somewhat bad WDing at first but... the rest seemed ok (i just browsed through it)

but yea... just make a combo vid instead of tech vids as they're more interesting to watch.

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
alright, I'll probably end up going to C3 next saturday and get my *** whooped

and zhu, what is your secret to doing phantasm stalls so fast?
and when are you gonna come out with happy feet 2?

HuStLeR

Smash Rookie
not bad at all man, actually some pretty good stuff.. lol umm i think itd be cool if u also put like a how to do them in the vid so that ppl actually can learn. but other than that its pretty cool.. i still dont know how to do the blaster lol.. im pretty new to smash as well but ive played it before just not like crazy. lol well any way good job

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Tech skill is good to have but tourny experience, learning mindgames, and being able to change your stratagy in battle to account for others play styles are way more important.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Yes, it is highly demanded to go to tournies. Y'see, I'm also a Falco player, and I thought: "Wow, I can do advanced tech, I'm gonna win!" But then I met some people (Bluedeath, PC, KDJ, and some others like Vwins, Zoso, Kevin M, Elen, and the Turtles) and was like, woah, I got *****...really hard and Rawsex.

Then I realized that I lacked mindgames>>pretty much brains. I learned not to arial a Bowser w/ his shield up, not to do some things too often (my recovery is great tho, people have some trouble killing me after they combo me to death, lolz), like LHDL, SHL towards some Ganons, JC all of my shines in the heat of battle...

It all comes down to knowing WHAT and WHEN to do something, (mentioned several posts before me), and before you know you'll end up a great player, prol'y not the best, but a great player and hopefully an awesome person to smash with.

~L1F3

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Lol tech skill is like.. 2 percent of what it takes to be good at this game. Bombsoldier 17th at oc3, I rest my case.

At the top level, everyone is technical to the degree where they can get their character to do what they want, being able to consistenly rshl across the stage does nothing.

I also want to know if I am tournament material,
We can't tell just from a tech skill show off video. I can do everything you did in that video, so can 1000 other people.

Don't lie to yourself about the technical game of smash, it isnt challenging at all to learn. To be perfect at is is quite hard but the techniques in smash are quite simple compared to other fighters. Things like, omg press L lol, and Hold diagonal, jump, and press l , lolz

The only way to know if you're tournament material is to go to a tournament. tech skill is easy, winning isnt. Theres a lot more to winning than being technical, you have to be smart. Smash is an extremly fast strategy game, and bombsoldier sucks.

anyhow I sound like an ******* I realise, but I do encourage you to keep playing so long as you enjoy this game. Its all about the fun afterall, and tourneys are really fun. Go to them.

Zone

Smash Champion
I completely agree with Dylan.

Crazy combos, and tech skill don't do you any good if you can't apply them to a tricky opponent. I've played against some fox's as marth that could waveshine better than me, Spam Shffl'd sex kicks better than me. But man they had no idea how to approach me.

Although it is good you are learning tech skill first IMO. Because once you get good at tech skill, and your good enough you don't have to think about it, that's when you start playing matches to learn how to apply it. And figuring out what to do in situations and what options you have are more available to you since you already have the tech skill for that option.

Dylan said:
Lol tech skill is like.. 2 percent of what it takes to be good at this game. Bombsoldier 17th at oc3, I rest my case.
He lost to Drephen and Forward. Bombsoldier isn't impressively technical either.
Also, you can't just say each character is only as useful (technical wise) as every other.

Just keep practicing technical skill, it will be worth it. You'll acquire mindgames as you go along, practice combos on lv 1-3 cpus and techniques with just a standing human player or in training mode. If you just started this summer with advanced techs, you learn fast. If you try to learn as much as you can and practice, other techniques, even harder ones, will be even easier to learn than waveshining and things like that.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
some things in there were just like" wtf is this kid thinking?". the horrible wavedashing in the beginning. the little segment of "dashdancing"?. are you kidding me, lol. DASH DANCING? too funny. but for just starting this summer you improve mad quick. just go to tournaments and start working on how smart you play...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom