• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Spike Trouble V_V

Weruop

Smash Ace
I've been playing against my friends Falco for like like 2 and a half hours (lolnubs) and i am finding inconsistency with tether canceling the spike

does any1 know how many frames after the dair connects that we're able to tether cancel? is tether cancel done by simply pressing B while holdin up? or do i have to hit both at the same time?

is it possible to just mash upb over and over? or will the buffer screw stuff up. dabuz told me that buffering will lead to defiant pikmin, but it didnt seem like it. or, just 1 or 2 would be defiant, but thid would also happen after dthrow>dthrow>dthrow>dair.

also, to DI it, assuming im being spiked off of the left side of the stage, do i hit control stick up-right,quarter circle rotate to down -right and hit c stick right, and then hit shield?

thanks in advance

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Lets say falco chain grabs you to the edge and spikes you, DONT try to cancel the spike with ur UpB for your pikmin are not at the same level as you are, and thats why ur dying, when u UpB you only do it with 1 or 2 pikmins but not with all of them, since when Falco spikes you, some pikmins get awefully delayed to follow you.....

But if falco happens to spike you with much more percent, lets say 80%, pikmins will get to you faster for some reason.. maybe launch speed has something to do, and you can cancel the spike with the UpB.

But in Few % spikes, just use your double jump.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Lets say falco chain grabs you to the edge and spikes you, DONT try to cancel the spike with ur UpB for your pikmin are not at the same level as you are, and thats why ur dying, when u UpB you only do it with 1 or 2 pikmins but not with all of them, since when Falco spikes you, some pikmins get awefully delayed to follow you.....

But if falco happens to spike you with much more percent, lets say 80%, pikmins will get to you faster for some reason.. maybe launch speed has something to do, and you can cancel the spike with the UpB.

But in Few % spikes, just use your double jump.
this was one of your first posts, if you had any decent number f posts, i'd flame you for mass stupidity and wrong information, but you don't, so i shall not

weroup, just, as you get hit by the dair, up-b, it will always work, you don't buffer it because it doesn't work if you buffer it, very simple, it only works when you have 6 pikmin though, 5 is stretching if you have perfect timing, any less won't work

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
William doesn't post much, but he's pretty knowledgeable, actually, lol. He made some posts in a couple of the old matchup threads that were pretty great and shocked us, coming from someone with so few posts. So be nice, Dabuz :)

Greward

Smash Lord
i think falco can go to the ledge after the dthrow dair so even if u meteorcancel it should still kill you. i think u know that if someone grabs the ledge when pikmins reach it they'll drop it and ull die. im not sure so testing should be right.

but yeah its winnable. just difficult, like MK vs ganon

Weruop

Smash Ace
i think falco can go to the ledge after the dthrow dair so even if u meteorcancel it should still kill you. i think u know that if someone grabs the ledge when pikmins reach it they'll drop it and ull die. im not sure so testing should be right.

its not that difficult >.< dont set urself up for faliure bud :)

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman

actually if u do it right u can hit falco with the tether before he gets to the edge and gimp him >.> iv done it to typeX before, not hard at all

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Im... serious, if you try to tether cancel the spike right away in low % olimar normally does a crappy tether miss..

oh sup guys.
I haven't missed in forever. And I've been spiked a fair amount. If I do it too soon, then sure he will whiff it, but if you wait for him to get about 1 pikmin away from his maximum range then I don't think I've ever seen it fail

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i dunno i just meteor cancel it with dj

tristana rulz
She really does. I'm upset though. Last night I had a perfect visible record - if you went to my profile, the only thing you saw was wins. Now there are two losses at the front :( The last one was really really close though, even in kills, turrets, everything till the moment arrived

Denti

Smash Master
I have so much trouble with this CG spike issue (only against type ex) so I just end up treating falco like ice climbers, don't get grabbed (at 0%-40%)

and ban fd

Top Bottom