• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Q & A Thread [Read Before Posting]

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'm sure I'm not the only person to be frustrated by old points being brought up in new topics, so I decided instead of just getting frustrated, let's do something about it!

I'm sure the other knowledgeable Falco players on this board actually enjoy helping everyone out and collectively improving all of our gameplay, but often, the simplest things are posted, and it's annoying when I see the Falco board has lots of new posts, only to find out that I'm not finding out anything. New topics, should be reserved for when something new or constructive on a greater scale than three posts needs to be discussed. If you don't know of something is new, you should use the search feature, but the search feature is not foolproof.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person that gets super annoyed by redundant topics. I wouldn't even mind redundant questions, in just this one topic, but even more annoying that this, is this, combines with a vague subject heading because a poster was too lazy to tell us what their post was going to be about.

Don't worry new comers. I welcome you into the Falco boards, and I know that it wasn't your intention to be redundant, but it'll be a lot better if we could be less redundant, and progress with developing our metagame if we're not sifting through threads tilted "Heh, that's interesting."

I don't want this to turn into a "Critique my Falco thread" as those are actually better off in individual threads. They are generally accompanied by a vid, and then discussion with a very objective focus occurs, so those are good for a separate thread.

But, before you post a new topic on, "Omg, new AT" or something relevant, try taking a visit here first.

With that said, rant and discuss. Anyone else up for a sticky?
Thanks to Pierce7d of the Marth boards for letting me copypasta` his post, with a few words changed up. If any of you have suggestions, comments or advice for the rules, feel free to post. I'll gladly update/remove them if needed be.

So, for all the people who have questions, feel free to post. Most Falco members should be able to answer these by now, judging by how many repetitive topics we have.. <_<.

Youtube videos to what you want to know are allowed, as well as IMG/HTML codes. I'm sure we'll figured out.

Please.
Use.
The.
Search.
Engine.

If you spam, or talk of anything non related to Falco, moreover metagame, you will be reported. So no talk of bread or pizzacake please.

If we have one already, my bad. I don't see it though, so this will be the newest one.

GOGOGO. ;D

A Touch Of Knowledge

http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=23232

Enochuout's guide to Falco. Most of your questions will be answered there.

FAQ coming soon; hopefully.​

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
I share the dislike in the newcomers making up pointless questioning threads. Hasn't there been like 3 on the Gatling Combo/DAC alone?

This thread will help clear out some of the none important threads that have made it to the front section.

It would be nice if you can put certain FAQs on the OP so that questioners will mostly likely just have to read the first post without posting a question of there own.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hm, I'll try to around this weekend, but I've been busy a hella' lot.

You think you could? If not, either I will, or find someone else to if I can't soon ;[.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Oorrr I could post Enochuout's guide in the OP, to let others know if it's not in the guide, they can post here, or reguarding a question from it.

Good? Or nahh.

J4pu

Smash Champion
BRAED is AWEZOME

but seriously, there are sticky topics that answer everything anybody would want to know that has been figured out about Falco already, the problem is, people immediately jump to the conclusion something is new and/or they don't care to go looking for it and/or they don't know everything is in stickies.
A thread like this will not change the way (new) people think.

nice try though.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
If people don't look through stickies, don't you think this would be the next thing they'd post in, besides making a seperate topic of their own..?

It's worth a try, and if you don't think it will get far, don't participate in it ;].

Your choice, I'ma keep going with this unless I see it's potential of dieing.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'll hopefully start on the FAQ tomorrow. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them.

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
OK............. wat r some good ways to dair spike with falco. I am awesome with falco except for the dair spike so can some 1 help me get some better techniques when it comes to dair spiking
THX

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean after the Chaingrab?

One thing I've found helpful is not to do the chaingrab AS close to the edge as I can - even if I might be able to get off one extra grab, having some room to dash->sh->dair makes it harder for them to DI away. Not sure whether it's required, but it's helped me.

Other than that, just know what area of the stage is spikable. Whenever they're just above the edge, dair them. Know where you should be spiking them from, and keep a lookout for whenever they're near that area, maybe you'll get an opening.

But the situation really doesn't come up much - people tend to avoid it. From the videos of SK92 and Sethlon that I've seen, they really don't get very many spike kills, EXCEPT from a chaingrab.

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
Do you mean after the Chaingrab?

One thing I've found helpful is not to do the chaingrab AS close to the edge as I can - even if I might be able to get off one extra grab, having some room to dash->sh->dair makes it harder for them to DI away. Not sure whether it's required, but it's helped me.

Other than that, just know what area of the stage is spikable. Whenever they're just above the edge, dair them. Know where you should be spiking them from, and keep a lookout for whenever they're near that area, maybe you'll get an opening.

But the situation really doesn't come up much - people tend to avoid it. From the videos of SK92 and Sethlon that I've seen, they really don't get very many spike kills, EXCEPT from a chaingrab.
Cool thx alot i might come back to ask some more ?????'s
THX
:falco:

Top Bottom