• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Patch History

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
Why has it been almost 7 hours and Falco is still missing from the patch log ._.

I know the suspense is killing me!!! Thanks for staying on top of it thus far though, at least we know we have changes coming our way..

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's strange. People there seemed to agree with the speed change, but I guess I'm wrong. (Then again I'm a Mac main just looking into Falco for a friend, so I didn't expect myself to be 100% right)

Here's hoping that people find out how different he is this patch!
I felt like I came out as hostile and if I did, I'm sorry. I just have a problem with misinformation. Misinformation and first impressions are the reason why Cloud and Little Mac were considered bad because anyone could B-throw them off to gimp them... That's just wrong. It's also why within hours and not even days, characters like Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ryu were considered broken or trash despite them being released only hours or even minutes ago when they played.

Anyway, welcome to the Falco boards. We're quiet, but welcoming. Also, for Little Mac, maybe you've heard already, but I'm confident his Smashes all had damage buffs.

Oh sorry I didn't realize that your post talked about it as I thought it was comparing Falco and Greninja Up Smashes D:

I tested his Up Smash against G&W and Kirby while they crouch (not sure if they are the same hitbox size as Wii Fit) and it now hits them. I also compared it to 1.0.4 Falco Up Smash on Fox who misses a tech and is prone. It misses him in 1.0.4 but hits in 1.1.4
Well, first part is since it compared how their Up Smashes interacted with Battlefield's lower platforms. The other parts? Nope.

Could you take a screenshot of Falco hitting low? Could use that to "prove" it. Problem is getting CPUs to crouch in 3DS... But I could just link the Luigi landing lag video and WFT crouch study when I get back from uni.

Why has it been almost 7 hours and Falco is still missing from the patch log ._.
There's so many characters and people are busy... Pretty sure Liberation is in college too, so...

Float SSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Floatwall
3DS FC
0774-4349-7765
Meanwhile, earlier...

All my work goes unappreciated and unread... ;_;

In all seriousness, could you or someone else check if Up Smash hits Luigi during his Super Jump Punch landing lag or say, Wii Fit Trainer's crouch? A screenshot would be nice for evidence. There's a post lying around somewhere in these boards with Falco's Up Smash whiffing on Luigi's SJP landing and on the WFT boards, there was a study of moves that couldn't hit her while she was crouching. Could use those as evidence that Falco's Up Smash has a hitbox change or against it if it doesn't.

No, he doesn't and even if he does, nobody tested it correctly and provided evidence, a gif or a video showing it. Do you see Falco running as fast as Ike? Mario? Or Wii Fit Trainer? No. That clip shows absolutely nothing. For all we know, Falco's run animation was sped up and that's it. Or it's just a placebo because people are expecting anything Kirby, Lucario, and Mewtwo mobility change. It's evidence or It's just a placebo and there's evidence against Falco's speed buff.

Even Keitaro said that video proved nothing.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yea I think that stage actually creates the illusion of more speed. I was messing around on it when I thought I noticed it too. When I took him to something familiar, he seemed more or less the same. Shame, it is kinda the best possible buff he could get.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
User was warned for this post; double post
Okay, can somebody check this for me? (I know it´s probably just placebo but):

#Falcos UpB: Does it go further? Is it jsut me? I feel like I can use right when you reach the edge of the screen and still go straight up to the ledge. Which I couldn´t before. (Tested on FD)

And

#UpThrow: Does it kill earlier? I had a lot of moments today were I finished with UpThrow. Was it just the rage or bad DI? Somebody with the 1.1.3 version, can you check the scaling knocback growth?
Thanks

Okay, trying not to freak out here BUT:
Ther is a Falco Kill Confirm from UpThrow into Up Air on FD on Fox.Was this a thing before? Holy ****!
Around 95%

Edit: between 95-99%. But 99 Is hard to pull off!
Testing on more character!

Mewtwo: 89-92%
Seems easier if they DI in/ towards you

ZSS: 97-104%

CPt Falcon: 114 - 124%
Does not true combo on Bowser, but works (if they don´t airdodge) : from 113 to 124%

Last edited by a moderator:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Ther is a kill confirm from UpThrow into Up Air on FD on Fox.Was this a thing before? Holy ****!
Around 95%
Not sure about Fox as I only have a concrete percentage for when he died to first/middle hit Up Air from before (91%). However I do have a range for ZSS that comboed before if you want to test that out (this is the normal hits of Up Air and not timed/spaced first hit): 97 - 104%

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Not sure about Fox as I only have a concrete percentage for when he died to first/middle hit Up Air from before (91%). However I do have a range for ZSS that comboed before if you want to test that out (this is the normal hits of Up Air and not timed/spaced first hit): 97 - 104%
Is this the 1.1.3 version or the current one? I´m getting the same numbers for ZZS, it´s 97% (sometimes 96, but it´s unreliable) to 104%. More important: Was this UpThrow to UpAir possible before this patch?

To clarify: UpThrow, Jump, Double Jump and then UpAir at the first possible moment ;)

Last edited:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Yeah, the numebrs I gave for ZSS were patch 1.1.3 and those are from Up Throw > Up Air as well.

Last edited:

Prn

Smash Rookie
Was strong hit dair on a grounded cpu to bair a combo? Without any di or autocancels.

On that note is your landing lag reduced the closer you are to the ground or is it just the frame cancel when in contact with the ground?

I don't want to believe the height when the dair started mattered much since i was testing on Mario at 50-70%. Can't remember which exactly.

Didn't always send the opponent the right direction but when it did, it combos

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Yeah, the numebrs I gave for ZSS were patch 1.1.3 and those are from Up Throw > Up Air as well.
Looks like this isn´t new, technically, but we should spread the word tho. People talk about all the kill setup throws, wehy not about this one?

Last edited:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
In addition to wii fit trainer and luigi up B. Falco's up smash used to whiff terribly against a recovering lucario who has landing lag. I experienced this many times playing against my cousin. Currently I'm at work and can't check this out, can someone do it? :)

Edit: have lucario up B and land on the stage and try to run up smash

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not particularly related to uthrow uair but how do you pull off the dtilt uair bair thingy?
Better off asking or checking out this thread (and asking @Cyro and McDareth): http://smashboards.com/threads/decently-early-kill-string-for-falco-dtilt-rar-uair-bair.429573/. From the looks of it, Dtilt, pivot Uair, and then Bair which confirms off of the initial back hit of Uair - Bayonetta, Falco, and Pikachu all have Uair flips that hit back first then front unlike everyone else e.g. Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, Pac-Man, and ZSS.

Currently, these are the confirmed changes for Falco:
  • Up Smash's first hit has changes to its hitbox. Either it was lower or increased in size or even potentially increased startup to accommodate the lower hitbox.
  • Up Smash's second hit knockback was increased. I'm assuming the growth increased from 98 to 100 to at most 110.
Consequences or results of these so far confirmed changes? Up Smash can hit lower allowing Falco to hit crouching characters and missed techs without strangley missing despite the animation clearly showing Falco's heels sweep from 6 o'clock / 270 degrees, but the hit starts around 3 o'clock / 0 or 360 degrees. Basically, it's hitting around shin-level or just below waist-level instead of waist-level. Also, because of knockback changes, this means Falco's Up Smash went from a pretty late kill move for him, to his tied with second, strongest raw kill move Bair. Fully connected, Up Smash and a clean Bair kill at like 2% to 5% away from each other while a sweet-spotted Side Smash kills around 10% earlier. This moved Up Smash from tied with sweet-spot Dtilt, third strongest, to second strongest. So, if you're looking at raw kill moves, on the 3DS from center-stage of Final Destination and omega stages on Mario, it's Side Smash (~111% hands to ~120% arms), Bair (~120%), full Up Smash (~120%), last-hit Up Smash (~130%), and sweet-spot, 12% Dtilt (~136%) followed by a ~20% gap, Down Smash (~155%), followed by another ~20% gap, middle hit, 11% Dtilt (~170%), and Utilt (~170%). At the ledge, it's probably 20% lower for all kill horizontal kill moves which only benefits Side Smash, Bair, and Down Smash.

Also, this should be in the combo and approaches thread, but I'm thinking Nair to Utilt, Dtilt, and Up Smash should be labbed. The game outright tells us you can enter jab from an incomplete, landing Nair: "Standard Air Attack – If you land just before the final attack in Falco's midair combo, you can move straight into a standard combo on the ground." Most people opt to land with Nair's last hit so they can string more Nairs, but that's not really going to work at later percents... Now, what if we could confirm those moves for kills? From the matches of Brawl I've seen, I remember Keitaro and other Falco players like Larry and Masha - I think other players did, but whatever - land with Nair to confirm Utilt. It's the fastest option at frame 5 Falco has after jab, a frame 2 move. That being said, it could be buffered and on character without really fast options (that are invincible) like Luigi and Yoshi's Nair, Captain Falcon's jab, or Ryu's Shoryuken, Falco could possibly use Nair to lead into Utilt for a late, maybe safe kill and Dtilt and Up Smash for earlier kills.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
The other confirmed change is that the Down Throw stage spike no longer works on any of the characters he could do it on before

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The other confirmed change is that the Down Throw stage spike no longer works on any of the characters he could do it on before
Oh yeah! That obscure thing he had since Melee! :p

Speaking of which, doesn't that mean Sheik lost that too? I remember a video where Sheik's D-throw would stage spike Samus? like how Falco's does to Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Samus.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
That's what I'm curious about, if they just changed the way the ledges worked with those characters or changed some part of Falco's throw.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Looks like someone found (over at the general patch discussion board) a DownSmash Knockback increase on Falco, with video proof from both versions. Somebody with both version mind double checking Falcos DSmash kill power? (Or maybe just the angle)

Edit: Additional person confirmed the (very slgiht growing knockback increase on the down smash :3 We take what we get!

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Looks like someone found (over at the general patch discussion board) a DownSmash Knockback increase on Falco, with video proof from both versions. Somebody with both version mind double checking Falcos DSmash kill power? (Or maybe just the angle)

Edit: Additional person confirmed the (very slgiht growing knockback increase on the down smash :3 We take what we get!
hey where exactly can i find this?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, some updates: Falco's Up Smash is indeed faster to accommodate the lower new hitbox: http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/#post-20836214. This means in raw speed and although it's only a ground hit, Falco has the fastest flip kick in the game at frame 7 followed by Fox and Mii Brawler at frame 8, Pikahchu at frame 10 - it's a tail flip, but whatever -, Yoshi at frame 11, and Kirby at frame 14. Also, this kind of means his Uair and Up Smash are kind of the "same" moves; both are front flips, but one is a single-hit and the other is a double-hit. Stylistically, it would look pretty rad if his Uair was a two-hit like in Melee and Fox's, but with his current animation. They would have to change the animation, though, so let's leave that for Smash 5... or some surprise patch that involves animation changes.

For Down Smash, the knockback growth was increased from 76 to 78: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-final-content-1-1-4-patch-discussion.430033/page-12#post-20836806. Not really a big deal, but it's there.

As of this post, the changes to Falco are:
Code:
Falco
-----
Up Smash
first hit
    new lower hitbox or hitbox increase
         startup 8 -> 7 or new hitbox appears on frame 7 - just how you interpret it
second hit
    knockback increased
         assumed to be knockback growth increase from 98 to unknown number possibly above 100, but probably below 110
Down Smash
   knockback growth 76 -> 78
Down Throw
   ability to stage spike Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Samus, and others at the ledge removed
         existed since Melee, but is potentially a bug and other characters with this such as Sheik may also be affected

Last edited:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
That's actually really cool that Up Smash is now frame 7 as that makes it tied with Down Smash and its definitely our best Punish on someone who's infront of us (Down Smash will do more on behind since we'll only get the 12% hit on an opponent behind).

With the Down Smash buff, I was playing a friend in the patch and hit him with it and the angle he went did seem noticeably lower then before as normally they'd go straight out but he curved down as he was flying. We were both surprised by that and I've played with him a lot so I don't think it was his DI.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's actually really cool that Up Smash is now frame 7 as that makes it tied with Down Smash and its definitely our best Punish on someone who's infront of us (Down Smash will do more on behind since we'll only get the 12% hit on an opponent behind).

With the Down Smash buff, I was playing a friend in the patch and hit him with it and the angle he went did seem noticeably lower then before as normally they'd go straight out but he curved down as he was flying. We were both surprised by that and I've played with him a lot so I don't think it was his DI.
The 12% hit on Down Smash is on Falco's body and it sends people up. His legs do 15%.

Last edited:

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
Is Falco still being data mined or was he finished? The main 1.1.4 Patch Notes thread still hasn't added his Dsmash buff yet, so i wasn't sure.

Not being impatient, just curious if we can expect more or not!!! :D

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Is Falco still being data mined or was he finished? The main 1.1.4 Patch Notes thread still hasn't added his Dsmash buff yet, so i wasn't sure.

Not being impatient, just curious if we can expect more or not!!! :D
I think we are still waiting for somebody to do a whole check, I assume thats why some characters are yet blank as well. Could be wrong tho. And even if not, we got some sweet ass buffs this patch :3

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I think we are still waiting for somebody to do a whole check, I assume thats why some characters are yet blank as well. Could be wrong tho. And even if not, we got some sweet *** buffs this patch :3

Agreed! I hope we get one or two more little buffs, but as it stands now i'd be pretty content.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Ther is a Falco Kill Confirm from UpThrow into Up Air on FD on Fox.Was this a thing before? Holy ****!
Around 95%

Edit: between 95-99%. But 99 Is hard to pull off!
Testing on more character!

Mewtwo: 89-92%
Seems easier if they DI in/ towards you

ZSS: 97-104%

CPt Falcon: 114 - 124%
Does not true combo on Bowser, but works (if they don´t airdodge) : from 113 to 124%
this was a thing in some characters before his up air changes when it has more knockback, now its kinda hard to get on any character, ifthis is true maybe his uair got a little knockback buff?

BlazingRamen

Smash Rookie
No, I'm pretty sure that was always a thing. Fox is like the most vulnerable to hoo hahs lol

It also gets ruined by rage and staling.

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Better off asking or checking out this thread (and asking @Cyro and McDareth): http://smashboards.com/threads/decently-early-kill-string-for-falco-dtilt-rar-uair-bair.429573/. From the looks of it, Dtilt, pivot Uair, and then Bair which confirms off of the initial back hit of Uair - Bayonetta, Falco, and Pikachu all have Uair flips that hit back first then front unlike everyone else e.g. Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, Pac-Man, and ZSS.

Currently, these are the confirmed changes for Falco:
  • Up Smash's first hit has changes to its hitbox. Either it was lower or increased in size or even potentially increased startup to accommodate the lower hitbox.
  • Up Smash's second hit knockback was increased. I'm assuming the growth increased from 98 to 100 to at most 110.
Consequences or results of these so far confirmed changes? Up Smash can hit lower allowing Falco to hit crouching characters and missed techs without strangley missing despite the animation clearly showing Falco's heels sweep from 6 o'clock / 270 degrees, but the hit starts around 3 o'clock / 0 or 360 degrees. Basically, it's hitting around shin-level or just below waist-level instead of waist-level. Also, because of knockback changes, this means Falco's Up Smash went from a pretty late kill move for him, to his tied with second, strongest raw kill move Bair. Fully connected, Up Smash and a clean Bair kill at like 2% to 5% away from each other while a sweet-spotted Side Smash kills around 10% earlier. This moved Up Smash from tied with sweet-spot Dtilt, third strongest, to second strongest. So, if you're looking at raw kill moves, on the 3DS from center-stage of Final Destination and omega stages on Mario, it's Side Smash (~111% hands to ~120% arms), Bair (~120%), full Up Smash (~120%), last-hit Up Smash (~130%), and sweet-spot, 12% Dtilt (~136%) followed by a ~20% gap, Down Smash (~155%), followed by another ~20% gap, middle hit, 11% Dtilt (~170%), and Utilt (~170%). At the ledge, it's probably 20% lower for all kill horizontal kill moves which only benefits Side Smash, Bair, and Down Smash.

Also, this should be in the combo and approaches thread, but I'm thinking Nair to Utilt, Dtilt, and Up Smash should be labbed. The game outright tells us you can enter jab from an incomplete, landing Nair: "Standard Air Attack – If you land just before the final attack in Falco's midair combo, you can move straight into a standard combo on the ground." Most people opt to land with Nair's last hit so they can string more Nairs, but that's not really going to work at later percents... Now, what if we could confirm those moves for kills? From the matches of Brawl I've seen, I remember Keitaro and other Falco players like Larry and Masha - I think other players did, but whatever - land with Nair to confirm Utilt. It's the fastest option at frame 5 Falco has after jab, a frame 2 move. That being said, it could be buffered and on character without really fast options (that are invincible) like Luigi and Yoshi's Nair, Captain Falcon's jab, or Ryu's Shoryuken, Falco could possibly use Nair to lead into Utilt for a late, maybe safe kill and Dtilt and Up Smash for earlier kills.
The new upsmash and down smash buffs have benefited me tremendously so far. Today I played 2 Luigi's who missed their up B's I was able to connect a running upsmash for the kill!

It feels great and down smash sent a wario and an awkward angle which set me up for the spike.

I also tested the up smash on lucario recovering onto the stage and during his lag animation I was able to connect the upsmashes! No whiffs!!! I feel so happy about these. I mean previously I'd have to opt for rar bair for punishing these things but running upsmash is killing just fine now.

Pell

Smash Rookie
NNID
KBwing
Just curious cause i seem to keep getting up air kills which rarely happened before the patch.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Moving this to the patch history thread.
Just curious cause i seem to keep getting up air kills which rarely happened before the patch.
Good question; I don't know. Back before 1.0.8, I had Falco's Uair KO percents on Pit, but I don't know... kenniky tested it and it was 194% on Mario, but I don't know which part of Uair was used since there's 3 hitboxes; kenniky's KO percent thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/kill-percents-on-all-relevant-moves.407089/. From what I just tested on Mario, on omega Wily Castle, and on the 3DS, Mario dies at 180% with the center / body hit and 196% with the front and back hit. Going to assume kenniky was hitting with the front and back hits which have lower hit angles.

It's better if someone who has 2 3DS or 2 Wii U with the current and previous patch to test. That or data mining. The alternative is that you're just getting better as a player or you're using Uair when it's less stale - problem with it being a kill move and a combo move.

SilverQuik24

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silverquik24
Has anyone else noticed a hitbox change on his dtilt? I feel like it's easier to sweetspot the 12% and the 11% as opposed to hitting the 9%

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
D-Smash: All hitboxes Knockback growth 76 -> 78

U-Smash has a lot going on...

Starting frame 7 he has bone intangibility on 2 bones, until frame 13. From there those bones are turned back to normal and 2 different bones are made intangible until either frame 21 or the end of the animation.
  • Hitbox 1: Knockback growth 25 -> 19, base knockback 60 -> 70
  • Hitbox 2: Same as above.
  • Hitbox 3: Delayed hitbox coming out for 1 frames
  • Hitbox 4: Comes out 1 frames later due to above. Knockback growth 98 -> 104, base knockback 30 -> 31
  • Hitbox 5: Same as above
  • Hitbox 6: same as above
There are also positioning changes to usmash as well

They aren't switched. The initial hitboxes just have high base knockback and low KBG to pop grounded foes up into the later hitbox.

edit: ninja'd lmao
So these are the changes from his files. Has anyone figured out what 2 positions are now intangible on frame 13 and on frame 21? If it were his legs that would be really useful.

Edit: I tried testing it and Falco can now kick a bomb-omb that he throws above himself and not get hit by the explosion.

Last edited:

Jeremi Tschiember

Smash Rookie
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/

From that thread:
Leg intangibility added to usmash, various knockback changes to hit 1, KBG 98→104, BKB 30→31 for hit 2, hitboxes relocated for both hits for better range/coverage.

Translation please? Does usmash kill 6% earlier, so like 126%?
I did test on Fox, 1.1.3, upsmash kills Fox at 128%, in 1.1.4, upsmash kills Fox at 108%, no DI. (sweetspotted ofc)

Correct me if I am wrong, but Falco Usmash pre-patch did indeed took atleast 125%+ depending on certain characters to get a KO.

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
I noticed his up smash got a KBG buff, but for some reason he seems faster than before. Only run speed tho. Anyone else feel this? Maybe it's just in my head since I want them to make him faster lol

Jeremi Tschiember

Smash Rookie
I noticed his up smash got a KBG buff, but for some reason he seems faster than before. Only run speed tho. Anyone else feel this? Maybe it's just in my head since I want them to make him faster lol
I do feel like his sprint is a bit faster. But since it could be a very small increase, maybe its just in our head.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/

From that thread:
Leg intangibility added to usmash, various knockback changes to hit 1, KBG 98→104, BKB 30→31 for hit 2, hitboxes relocated for both hits for better range/coverage.

Translation please? Does usmash kill 6% earlier, so like 126%?
That's not how knockback works... Yes, it does kill earlier, but it's really, really dependent on a character's weight, fall speed, and gravity. For reference, when I checked Up Smash 2 days ago, it killed Pit 9% earlier fully connected, but on Mario, it killed 10% earlier. This is despite Mario weighing heavier and having slightly faster fall speed than Pit. With the last hit, Pit dies 9% earlier while Mario dies 6% earlier. Raw damage-wise, yeah, it would be fine since Pit died at 130% (full) and 138% (last hit) pre-1.1.4 and 121% (full) and 129% (last hit) 1.1.4 while Mario died at 132% (full) and 136% (last hit) pre-1.1.4 and 122% (full) and 130% (last hit). Horizontal kills on the other hand aren't based on much besides weight, but there's few if any moves with 0 or 360 degree angles, angles that are just strictly forward. One example is that Falco's clean Bair does 13%, 0 base knockback, and 130 growth, but only kills Mario at ~120% like his full 1.1.4 Up Smash which has lower growth and lower damage on the last hit. There's a ~10% difference in the kill hit, but there's a 1% difference, a 31 difference between base knockback, and a 26 difference between knockback growth not to mention their hit angle differences. Knockback is weird.

Has anyone else noticed a hitbox change on his dtilt? I feel like it's easier to sweetspot the 12% and the 11% as opposed to hitting the 9%
No. Going off of the data dump comparisons, there are no changes to any of his moves except for Up Smash and Down Smash.

Was Falco always able to reset like this?

https://youtu.be/ZokPmFq76gM
Yes, the late hit was always able to cause resets.

So, an update. As of this post, the changes to Falco are:

NOTE: Positions are in (X, Y, Z) coordinates
Code:
Falco
-----
Up Smash
first hit
     startup 8 -> 7
     partial leg? / feet? invincibility frames 7-11; 6 active I-frames (invincibility frames)
     hitboxes 0
          base knockback 60 -> 70
          knockback growth 25 -> 18
          position (1.5, 0, 0) -> (2, 0, 0)
     hitboxes 1
          base knockback 60 -> 70
          knockback growth 25 -> 18
     hitbox 2
          base knockback 80 -> 70
          knockback growth 30 -> 18
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7.7, 0, 0)
     hitbox 2 (other)
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7, 0, 0)
second hit
     startup 13 -> 12
     hitbox 0
          base knockback 30 -> 31
          knockback growth 98 -> 104
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7, 0, 0)
     hitbox 1
          base knockback 30 -> 31
          position (1.5, 0, 0) -> (2, 0, 0)
     hitbox 2
          base knockback 30 -> 31
Down Smash
     all hitboxes
          knockback growth 76 -> 78
Down Throw
     ability to stage spike Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Samus, and others at the ledge removed
          existed since Melee, but is potentially a bug and other characters with this such as Sheik may also be affected
All from here:
Falco's got some really good changes too.
Falco changes from that file:

Down smash has more kbg: 0x4C -> 0x4E.

Usmash is... interesting. It starts one frame earlier (frame 7, from frame 8), and it seems to now have partial invincibility on a few bones (bones 8 and 9 when it starts hitting, bones 5 and 4 when it moves to the next hitboxes which if I had to guess are basically upper body invincibility adjusted for the way Falco contorts himself while usmashing). The first hit has a shifted position ("X" on a few hitboxes, has more bkb (0x3C -> 0x46) and less kbg (0x19/0x1E -> 0x12), all of this presumably to make it link better into the second hit (there's also a strange unknown function added here that is obviously setting a flag, and the late hitbox for the first hit is in a somewhat different X position too). The main hit (the second hit) has similar positional changes to the first hits but strictly improved knockback. kbg 0x62 -> 0x68 and bkb 0x1E -> 0x1F. Then after the hitboxes finish hitting that same unknown function is called to remove whatever flag it originally set.

The unknown function for usmash is unk_853CD75E. After this post, I'll go digging, but if anyone else already knows what it does, that would be great. It seems like it's probably something of mechanical consequence.

Those are the only two Falco changes in his moveset file.
D-Smash: All hitboxes Knockback growth 76 -> 78

U-Smash has a lot going on...

Starting frame 7 he has bone intangibility on 2 bones, until frame 13. From there those bones are turned back to normal and 2 different bones are made intangible until either frame 21 or the end of the animation.
  • Hitbox 1: Knockback growth 25 -> 19, base knockback 60 -> 70
  • Hitbox 2: Same as above.
  • Hitbox 3: Delayed hitbox coming out for 1 frames
  • Hitbox 4: Comes out 1 frames later due to above. Knockback growth 98 -> 104, base knockback 30 -> 31
  • Hitbox 5: Same as above
  • Hitbox 6: same as above
There are also positioning changes to usmash as well

They aren't switched. The initial hitboxes just have high base knockback and low KBG to pop grounded foes up into the later hitbox.

edit: ninja'd lmao
Question: wouldn't Falco only have I-frames from 7-11 and not 7-13? Startup, asynchronous timer, shifted from 8 to 7, but there were no introductions or removal of hitboxes and the active frames, synchronous timer, remains as 4 frames. Unless I'm reading something wrong and the I-frames extend to his second hit. Also, this would mean the second hit is frame 12 since the first hit is 1 frame faster, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom