• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco match up

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'll help! I love fighting Falco! >:3
Some of this stuff may only work for me... I've been told I play weird... :p

Okay... First of all

Stage choice:
You're going to want to pick Battlefield or Dream Land... possiibly even FoD (but I don't like FoD, so it may work better for you).

Using these larger stages with platforms you can camp Falco pretty easy with a barrage of Boomers and Bombs.

Stay away from Yoshi's Story... It's too small for Link to use his projectiles... never choose this stage at all actually... (again, may just be my preference)

Fighting:
Okay... you're going to want to damage Falco using your projectiles... because he's faster than you and better at comboing... you may want to LET him start Drill-Shining your Sheild... Link has a hella-good sheild... so keep up the defense until the Falco makes a mistake or you see an opening... you're going to want to try this tactic to start your combos.

EDIT: One you find that opening you're going to want to grab him and start your Throw combos, or even Spin Attack to give yourself a little bit of room between you and your feathered friend. Up Smash is also an option, but only for the risky... it works, but I find myself getting hit before the first strike even comes out... Use accordingly...

Because he's ALOT faster than you, don't just randomly attack, USE BOMBS WISELY! Use your proectiles to move in on him.

At about... 20-30% you can UpThrow to DownSmash Falco... then you can read the tech and continue with this DownSmash combo... or do anything out of Read really: Spin Attack, Re-Grab, DownSmash

Because you're playing on a platform stage, Falco may try to move over the platforms to you... Oh yeah... I forgot to mention... you may want to stay UNDER the platform to avoid aerial assaults... When he tries to avoid your wall of ranged stuff by going up high, stab him in the crotch with your UpAerial... This move absolutely ***** fast-fallers... and anyone in general! >:D
The best thing you can do is keep UpAir-ing until he uses his jump! Then keep UpAir-ing! He can't escape! Falco's drill can't hit you through Link's stabbing blade of death!

At 100% on you can DownThrow Spin Attack for a kill! >:D

If you do Spin Attack any earlier... maybe... 60-70% you can then lead to a gimp of our little feather friend!

His recovery is horrible, so exploit it!
Look for where he's going to try and recover, jump and STANKY LEG! (NeutralAerial)

Link's recovery is amazing! So don't be afraid to jump too low, since Falco can't really recover from far...
Link's STANKY LEG normally makes contact through Falco's FireBird...

Dodgin' his laserz:
If he starts to camp... stay on the platforms and throw stuff through the openings...

If he short hops... then stay on top of a platform and throw stuff down through the openings...
If he full hops... There is a gap between his 2nd and 3rd laser that you can sneak through to deliver some damage!

I may add onto this! >:3

Hope I helped!

cjugs

Smash Ace
It's verrrrrrrrry important you focus on DI against him to because he can just keep his infinite combo of shine dair uptilt ect so smash DI shines if you can but don't get lazy! when it comes to DI i try to nair whenever im returning to the ground. yeah lasers are tough HDL powershields but good luck with that lol.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
power sheild does ****. I get it ever so often. at one point during a pillar i uaired and got out...is that supposed to work or did the falco just mess up

cjugs

Smash Ace
LOL!! yeah he messed up biig time i wish that worked tho.
HDL upb's oos and it works sometimes so u might watch some vids of him preferably of him vs axes falco.
If the falco fox does it right you should only be able to roll. idk what lvl of spacies you play though its possible they couldn't be doing it perfectly so u can upb but if they do it right you can only roll.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Yes, Uthrow Dsmash works. Smurfy's gotten me with this plenty of times >.> lol. I've tried everything to get out of this, but if he grabs me at a lowish percent, it's pretty much a guaranteed combo though.

Although, I DO always DI every time. Most players should DI your Uthrow. But on the off chance that they don't, I'd imagine that you could just utilt or something. Or Dsmash might still hit him regardless. Not too sure lol.

Wait, why am I trying to help against my own character?

Alright guys, in this matchup, NEVER use projectiles, NEVER put up your shield, and whatever you do, make sure you never... never... EVER... do any Nairs :)

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
After the uthrow at lowish percents you can even get off an up smash on ffers. Im not entirely sure on the percents.

I summon

MewTwoKing!!!!!

Or Mew2King

however he spells it.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Yes, Uthrow Dsmash works. Smurfy's gotten me with this plenty of times >.> lol. I've tried everything to get out of this, but if he grabs me at a lowish percent, it's pretty much a guaranteed combo though.

Although, I DO always DI every time. Most players should DI your Uthrow. But on the off chance that they don't, I'd imagine that you could just utilt or something. Or Dsmash might still hit him regardless. Not too sure lol.

Wait, why am I trying to help against my own character?

Alright guys, in this matchup, NEVER use projectiles, NEVER put up your shield, and whatever you do, make sure you never... never... EVER... do any Nairs :)
I don't know alot about this game but i tried to dsmash but they jump out first i'll try that. I would imagine you could Di up and jump first that's whats done to me and i cant land it anymore :(.
Smurfy i am so upset with you lol jk , you record matches with a horrible falcon but you have a god playing with you? record matches with him!!!

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't know alot about this game but i tried to dsmash but they jump out first i'll try that. I would imagine you could Di up and jump first that's whats done to me and i cant land it anymore :(.
Smurfy i am so upset with you lol jk , you record matches with a horrible falcon but you have a god playing with you? record matches with him!!!
Well...

Jeff moved to Tucson... I'm stuck in SV... He doesn't wanna play with a scrub Link like me anyways...

He's too busy playing guys like HDL...I'm gonna go cut myself now... D:

I love you Jeff... you never call me anymore... ever since I got pregnant you just won't answer your phone... WHY!?

O___O

Anyways... but yeah, Last week I recorded more matches... so I just gotta get Vectorman to upload and then you can see me at my real potential... kinda... xD

Jeff! Link vs Pika next time I sees you? >:3

cjugs

Smash Ace
Well...

Jeff moved to Tucson... I'm stuck in SV... He doesn't wanna play with a scrub Link like me anyways...

I love you Jeff... you never call me anymore... ever since I got pregnant you just won't answer your phone... WHY!?

O___O

Anyways... but yeah, Last week I recorded more matches... so I just gotta get Vectorman to upload and then you can see me at my real potential... kinda... xD

Yeah there's good people around there or howed he get good? Yeah i've watched the matches against him and hdl when i said you can upb oos like he did against axe i didn't no you two were friends. Small world you should comment on my vids once i get them up as well :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Well...

O___O

LOL of course Link vs Pika :p We should record too
I don't know alot about this game but i tried to dsmash but they jump out first i'll try that. I would imagine you could Di up and jump first that's whats done to me and i cant land it anymore :(
Alright, so here's my little talk about DI lol

On Link's Uthrow, you cannot DI up. Nor can you DI down.

If you get Uthrown by link and you hold Up the entire time, it will do absolutely nothing. Same with holding Down. It'll have the same effect.

This is because you can only DI perpendicular to the way you're sent. So for Link's Uthrow, the only way that you can DI is either left or right. This is the same for every single move in the game. So if you're sent strait to the left by an attack, trying to DI left or right will do nothing. Your DI will only be affected by holding Up or Down, or anything in between up or down. Same goes for when you're hit and sent in a diagonal angle, etc.

That being said... Uthrow at a certain damage should always guarantee a combo. Your opponent can't hold Up to jump out early, and he can't hold Down so he can hit the floor and tech earlier. You just have to follow his DI left or right, which isn't all that hard, because you have a bit of time to react after the Uthrow.

Oh and uhhh.... Smurfy's the best link >=D

Screw HDL and Germ lol

(jk don't kill me!)

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice

If you get Uthrown by link and you hold Up the entire time, it will do absolutely nothing. Same with holding Down. It'll have the same effect.

This is because you can only DI perpendicular to the way you're sent. So for Link's Uthrow, the only way that you can DI is either left or right. This is the same for every single move in the game. So if you're sent strait to the left by an attack, trying to DI left or right will do nothing. Your DI will only be affected by holding Up or Down, or anything in between up or down. Same goes for when you're hit and sent in a diagonal angle, etc.

That being said... Uthrow at a certain damage should always guarantee a combo. Your opponent can't hold Up to jump out early, and he can't hold Down so he can hit the floor and tech earlier. You just have to follow his DI left or right, which isn't all that hard, because you have a bit of time to react after the Uthrow.

Screw HDL and Germ lol

(jk don't kill me!)
Finally someone recognizes my skills :D

Jeff, can you like... yell at Tim to upload?
I'll text him... but he'll probably say like...

"yeah yeah.. I'll upload... when I'm not too busy being black) >:(

Spife

Smash Master
Get above him and nair.
There, you just won the matchup. If anyone says other wise, then get above THEM and nair and you'll win the debate.
I got a final coming up and I'm thinking about getting above it and then doing aerial neutral A (also known as the nair!)

cjugs

Smash Ace

Screw HDL and Germ lol

(jk don't kill me!)
i'm aware you know much more than me at this game but this is only a question, if you can only Di perpendicular how come ice climbers upsmash kills you at early percents if you di up? is it only with throws where you cannot DI in any direction? or am i just not seeing correctly and ICs never relle kill me any sooner.

Skler

Smash Master
Get above him and nair.
There, you just won the matchup. If anyone says other wise, then get above THEM and nair and you'll win the debate.
I loled. I'm fairly certain there's nothing Falco, or debaters, can do if you get over them and nair.

The only issue is once you get down the pew pewing, or arguing about why you kicked them in the face, starts.

Top Bottom