• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco, King of the Birds: Game Play Discussion

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
He got his landmaster again what

Falco looks way better than Fox in this game

Probably will second him.

EDIT: Are the lasers facing landing lag in this game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So his up smash is different! Fox's is a backflip while Falco's is now a reverse, axe, somersault kick thing - I think there's an official name for this sort of kick. Anyway, his side smash looks faster and has that blade effect Zelda's side tilt has.

He got his landmaster again what
I know, right?

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, as i said earlier (or was it on another thread?) only Sakurais babies got new FS. Well and ZSS, but she doesn't count because there was no way she could have possibly retained her FS from Brawl as it was literally just becoming Samus again. Peach STILL spawns fruits that enemies can take to heal and doesn't put airborne enemies to sleep, Doc Mario got the same FS as Mario while even Dark ****ing Pit got at least a somewhat changed FS (again out of one of sakurais games), Sheik still has the light arrow, Lucina has Marth's FS... Did anyone believe Sakurai would make a new FS for Falco? Hell, even Falcondork is back.

And people dare say Sakurai isn't biased... HAH.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, as i said earlier (or was it on another thread?) only Sakurais babies got new FS. Well and ZSS, but she doesn't count because there was no way she could have possibly retained her FS from Brawl as it was literally just becoming Samus again. Peach STILL spawns fruits that enemies can take to heal and doesn't put airborne enemies to sleep, Doc Mario got the same FS as Mario while even Dark ****ing Pit got at least a somewhat changed FS (again out of one of sakurais games), Sheik still has the light arrow, Lucina has Marth's FS... Did anyone believe Sakurai would make a new FS for Falco? Hell, even Falcondork is back.

And people dare say Sakurai isn't biased... HAH.
You forgot about Luigi... Nobody'a likes'a Luigi... Nobody'a remembers Luigi...

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You forgot about Luigi... Nobody'a likes'a Luigi... Nobody'a remembers Luigi...
Only reason was propably because Nintendo literally FORCED him to change the FS with the year of luigi and all. And well, Luigis Mansion IS "his franchise", I'm surprised they didn't give a new icon to Luigi passing him off as a Luigis Mansion character to hide the amount of Mario characters they have put in XD (If it wasn't clear, the last part was a joke. I know Mario is the flagship yareyareyare, but its funny how they made Yoshi and Wario "Represent their own series" *twink,twink*, and then put Yoshi between other Mario characters and Wario up there too. Geez.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Only reason was propably because Nintendo literally FORCED him to change the FS with the year of luigi and all. And well, Luigis Mansion IS "his franchise", I'm surprised they didn't give a new icon to Luigi passing him off as a Luigis Mansion character to hide the amount of Mario characters they have put in XD (If it wasn't clear, the last part was a joke. I know Mario is the flagship yareyareyare, but its funny how they made Yoshi and Wario "Represent their own series" *twink,twink*, and then put Yoshi between other Mario characters and Wario up there too. Geez.
It might be a complaint from Nintendo rather than because of the Year of Luigi. His Brawl Final Smash is disturbing to say the least and since Mario games are supposed to be kid-friendly, they didn't want Luigi to give off suicidal, murderous, psychopathic, and drug addict vibes. After all, Brawl had battle-damage in early development and that was probably removed due to complaints from Nintendo considering that Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, and Peach having battle damage might be too much.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Some Falco gameplay, down B seems to be doing damage if the leg makes contact not sure.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
It might be a complaint from Nintendo rather than because of the Year of Luigi. His Brawl Final Smash is disturbing to say the least and since Mario games are supposed to be kid-friendly, they didn't want Luigi to give off suicidal, murderous, psychopathic, and drug addict vibes. After all, Brawl had battle-damage in early development and that was probably removed due to complaints from Nintendo considering that Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, and Peach having battle damage might be too much.
Or that. But I really doubt that Master Core is that kid-friendly either... That thing looked just a "tad bit" disturbing X)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Or that. But I really doubt that Master Core is that kid-friendly either... That thing looked just a "tad bit" disturbing X)
American Kirby, folks. All angry and stuff. Kirby be all hardcore 'n' Mario be all sweet fo' the kidz. :p

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Two questions:

1. Has Falco's :GCR::GCB: changed, as in, does it put Falco in helpless or no?

2. Does he have a new F.S. or no?
In the stream, when Hama beat Classic as Falco. In the credits part he sidesB off stage (you can jump off the credits screen and die to reapear again) and then UpBs to his doom (camera don't follow you if you go "off stage" in the credits). So I assume sideB don't leave Falco helpless.

BTW, anyone know something about Falco's Final Smash??

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In the stream, when Hama beat Classic as Falco. In the credits part he sidesB off stage (you can jump off the credits screen and die to reapear again) and then UpBs to his doom (camera don't follow you if you go "off stage" in the credits). So I assume sideB don't leave Falco helpless.

BTW, anyone know something about Falco's Final Smash??
Still the Landmaster...

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I noticed in the stream that Fire Bird is now a multihit move. Looks like a mix between Fox's and Wolf's.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I noticed in the stream that Fire Bird is now a multihit move. Looks like a mix between Fox's and Wolf's.
Fire Bird was always like that. Fire Fox is the only one to have a single hit while Fire Wolf or Wolf Shoot is a multi-hit with a finisher.

Dair has start up huh? Well given the properties of spikes in this game I guess it's a fair trade off. I would be down for it if his Dair spiked for the duration of the move like in Melee in stead of in Brawl, where it only spiked at start up.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just remembered something funny about Falco's Japanese voice. The way Falco says "fire" sounds like "FOOOYAH!".

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Fire Bird was always like that. Fire Fox is the only one to have a single hit while Fire Wolf or Wolf Shoot is a multi-hit with a finisher.
Yeah, sorry I forgot that brawl's FB is multihit too. I felt the move a bit different. Maybe I was too hyped :chuckle:

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Nvm, answered my own question.

Either way MY BOY FALCO IS BACK

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Falco still has the landmaster dammit :( OH well I have my bird back and not as long he is ass then I am happy.

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
It's almost unfathomable that Wolf was cut, and Falco's final smash wasn't changed. What was the reason for cutting Wolf, not being able to differentiate between all three spacies when accounting for custom specials? Fair enough, I guess, but kind of a stupid reason to drop a character, but that's conjecture on my part. But Falco not getting a new final smash is beyond stupid. It's not hard; put him in an arwing! He's the ace pilot and "prefers the air". It even could've been the same as ZSS' new one, or shooting the credits in melee. But naw, let's just do the same exact thing.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Ha... Hahaha.... MUAHAHAHA
Well, if that's the response I'm going to get for being nice, then...

Enjoy your horribly nerfed Falco. He looks Marth-level nerfed in this game. That Blaster is a**. Oh, and enjoy your Landmaster too. *shrugs* A win's a win I guess, but was it worth it?

Edit: How was this flaming? I came here to begrudgingly congratulate you guys and got jokingly mocked, so I mocked back. Yeesh. Its not like I insulted anyone directly or put someone down.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Well, if that's the response I'm going to get for being nice, then...

Enjoy your horribly nerfed Falco. He looks Marth-level nerfed in this game. That Blaster is a**. Oh, and enjoy your Landmaster too. *shrugs* A win's a win I guess, but was it worth it?
You seem like you kind of guy that when people are laughing, having fun, comes out and says something like "yeah, my dog just died"

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You seem like you kind of guy that when people are laughing, having fun, comes out and says something like "yeah, my dog just died"
You laughed at my disappointment. So I pointed out the disappointment in your victory. Now we're even :p.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think that despite any nerfs Falco will get, as long as they're not major, his buffs and the new physics will keep him high tier?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Generally, I believe you can still double jump dair. That should bring you up while you use the startup frames in the middle of the jump. At the apex of the jump, it would be possible for the dair to activate.

Falco's side B not leaving him helpless is pretty darn good. :) Not as much as a glass cannon.

Funny thing is I thought his f smash seemed a little faster. Can anyone confirm? And not sure which hit of the up smash does more damage/knockback.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But Kirby Dedede, Pit, and Dark Pit have New/Deferent final smashes.
Can you say Sakurai Bias?
You forgot about Luigi, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, and Charizard - forced since no more Pokémon Trainer.

Does anyone else think that despite any nerfs Falco will get, as long as they're not major, his buffs and the new physics will keep him high tier?
He's a bird, of course he'll be high in the sky even with a Landmaster. :p

Last edited:

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
You forgot about Luigi, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, and Charizard - forced since no more Pokémon Trainer.
Zamus had to change, Charizard had to Change.
The game is already Mario Bias and Lucario just got lucky because Sakurai said and I quote "we also had some expectation we needed to fulfill" emphasis is "some".

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zamus had to change, Charizard had to Change.
The game is already Mario Bias and Lucario just got lucky because Sakurai said and I quote "we also had some expectation we needed to fulfill" emphasis is "some".
There's Ike too. Regular flames to blue flames is a huge change that boosts Ike's tier status up to "G" or God Tier. :p

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
There's Ike too. Regular flames to blue flames is a huge change that boosts Ike's tier status up to "G" or God Tier. :p
Like I said "some". Ness still doesn't have PK Rockin and Lucina has the Health Bar from a game she wasn't in.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Technically Awakening has a health bar too so...
But it has a different design from the one in her Final Smash. Would it really be that hard to change it?
Anyways this sin't the Lucina topic.

Top Bottom