• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco, King of the Birds: Game Play Discussion

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Surprised this only has 4 pages.

If Falco is to come back I really hope they further differentiate him from Fox.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Surprised this only has 4 pages.

If Falco is to come back I really hope they further differentiate him from Fox.
Falco was my main in both melee and brawl. However, I do hope they add some differences for the sake of seperating him from Fox so people can tell there's a difference. But to me, as a hardcore Falco fan, I had no problem distinguishing the two, yeah their movesets were basically the same with minor differences, but I could play Falco way better than I could play Fox. But yeah, I hope the change little things like his final smash and his specials, just please, God, don't change his down attack from the air, those feet were my secret weapon every time lol

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Maybe they could make it so Fox can have Falco's blaster, and Falco can have Fox's blaster through customization.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Speaking of Falco, I had a hunch that he was going to be unveiled today.

Woke up at around 6 in the morning and quickly checked Smash Bros. only to be greeted with a Balloon Fight POTD.

So much for that...

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
seems the FalcoFriday leak was false. didn't believe it anyway as gematsu/sal leaks are the only legit leaks to trust for SSB4 leaks

D

Deleted member

Maybe....one of those Miis is named "Falco".

Your minds = blown.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Maybe my eyes are play tricks on me, but it looks like Falco's in the clouds. You know, the one nearest to the cog-wheels.

fill

20EggsEggs
Falcos recovery has always been weaker than Foxs, but now that fox can act out of illusion hopefully falco will get the same.

Number1MinunFan

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if they do Fox,Falco,Wolf, Falco will be the fastest Character,Wolf will be slow but powerful,and Fox would be a mix of the two.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
With the confirmation of Lucina, I think clones are still on the table and I don't see any reason for Falco being cut now.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
With the confirmation of Lucina, I think clones are still on the table and I don't see any reason for Falco being cut now.
Could this be an hint at Falco?
Think about, Captain FALCON and there is an Arwing in the background, maybe...FALCO?! No? Okay....

fill

20EggsEggs
honestly i hope they return falco to fox clone, i prefer the little differences between fox/falco in melee than how they further decloned him in brawl. i say make fox falco similar and move wolf further away from the two.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
honestly i hope they return falco to fox clone, i prefer the little differences between fox/falco in melee than how they further decloned him in brawl. i say make fox falco similar and move wolf further away from the two.
What I would love is if they used alternate customization options so that you could play as Falco in his brawl form or Falco in his melee form.

Could this be an hint at Falco?
Think about, Captain FALCON and there is an Arwing in the background, maybe...FALCO?! No? Okay....
I mean... for all we know, that's Falco in the arwing and not Fox. I consider them to be the birds of prey pair.... maybe it is a hint :p

fill

20EggsEggs
What I would love is if they used alternate customization options so that you could play as Falco in his brawl form or Falco in his melee form.
Yes, yes, yes, not sure how to change the firefox besides distance vs power, but options to change lazers and shines i'd be all over that, then it'd be the hard question of which spacie to play first

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
We'll know next month hopefully. Wii U Daily says there is supposed to be a full-roster reveal (minues secret fighters). So hopefully we'll see Falco's face on that roster and if not, I'll cross my fingers he's a secret fighter.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
We'll know next month hopefully. Wii U Daily says there is supposed to be a full-roster reveal (minues secret fighters). So hopefully we'll see Falco's face on that roster and if not, I'll cross my fingers he's a secret fighter.
Yeah, Lombardi is traditionally a secret fighter so he might be this time around, too. Though if they do plan on keeping secret characters... secret instead of just showing them up front, that'd be cool since Captain Falcon is back to being a starting character... but at the same time, that means that most of the unlockables would just be veterans and a couple newcomers. I would prefer if Falco was a starting character this time around, and then Wolf and/or who else they bring in would be unlockable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, Lombardi is traditionally a secret fighter so he might be this time around, too. Though if they do plan on keeping secret characters... secret instead of just showing them up front, that'd be cool since Captain Falcon is back to being a starting character... but at the same time, that means that most of the unlockables would just be veterans and a couple newcomers. I would prefer if Falco was a starting character this time around, and then Wolf and/or who else they bring in would be unlockable.
Accually we can't jump to conclusions that captain falcon is a starter again.

Because reminder that luigi, toon link, lucario, palutena, pac-man, megaman, sonic are likely to be unlockable and the captain is both roles

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Accually we can't jump to conclusions that captain falcon is a starter again.

Because reminder that luigi, toon link, lucario, palutena, pac-man, megaman, sonic are likely to be unlockable and the captain is both roles
That's what I said, if they're keeping secret characters secret and all the revealed characters so far are starting characters, Cap would be a starter. So if they're keeping unlockable characters secret until release, that would mean Falco might not be revealed until after release.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Would like to see Wolf and Krystal be unlockable, but yes, I agree, Falco should be a starter. Someone said it perfectly when they said that Falco is to Star Fox what Raphael is to the Ninja Turtles.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Would like to see Wolf and Krystal be unlockable, but yes, I agree, Falco should be a starter. Someone said it perfectly when they said that Falco is to Star Fox what Raphael is to the Ninja Turtles.
I think of it like: Fox is Luke Skywalker, and Falco is Han Solo. But the Raphael one is perfect as well.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I think of it like: Fox is Luke Skywalker, and Falco is Han Solo. But the Raphael one is perfect as well.
That's probably more fitting...wait...does that mean Peppy is Ben Kenobi, Krystal is Princess Leia, and Slippy is...Chewbacca?

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's probably more fitting...wait...does that mean Peppy is Ben Kenobi, Krystal is Princess Leia, and Slippy is...Chewbacca?
I guess Krystal would Mara Jade or whatever Luke's EU's wife's name is, but Peppy is definitely Ben, and Slippy can be Chewbacca!

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I guess Krystal would Mara Jade or whatever Luke's EU's wife's name is, but Peppy is definitely Ben, and Slippy can be Chewbacca!
NICE! You know some EU stuff! I love Mara Jade as a character. Sorry, still new to the Star Wars EU and therefore still excited.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Would wolf be considered as darth vader or boba fette?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, my personal opinion is that either Falco was decloned completely, or he is simply an alt. costume for Fox with his Brawl Specials being along Fox' custom moves *shrugs*. Don't care either way, i liked Falco and Fox in Melee, hated Falco in Brawl. It's just Falco's moves from Brawl are still simply Fox' moves with a twist on it so i think the alt costume thing is most likely. To put it in a different way: Wolf has a MUCH higher chance to see a return to Sm4sh than Falco has.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, my personal opinion is that either Falco was decloned completely, or he is simply an alt. costume for Fox with his Brawl Specials being along Fox' custom moves *shrugs*. Don't care either way, i liked Falco and Fox in Melee, hated Falco in Brawl. It's just Falco's moves from Brawl are still simply Fox' moves with a twist on it so i think the alt costume thing is most likely. To put it in a different way: Wolf has a MUCH higher chance to see a return to Sm4sh than Falco has.
I don't think you can customize things like making Fox jump higher like Falco; I thought it only applied to specials, though maybe it'll apply to everything.

Plus, with the whole adding of Lucina thing, it would be like spitting in our faces if Falco only gets to be an alternate.

xman

Smash Cadet
Without jumping out shine, wave landing/dashing what good is falco. I miss the melee falco if they can just change his animations and give him the same move set I bet people would stop thinking that falco is a clone which he never was just that his animations were the same as fox's a true falco player would know this

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think you can customize things like making Fox jump higher like Falco; I thought it only applied to specials, though maybe it'll apply to everything.

Plus, with the whole adding of Lucina thing, it would be like spitting in our faces if Falco only gets to be an alternate.
Was taking it more out on the specials. If you give Fox the weird Yoyoreflector, the slower, hitstunning Laser, Falcos kind-of-weird take on Firefox and Falcos version of Foxillusion as custom options, jumping height is basically the only factor left...which can be accounted for with a pair of shoes that increase jump height like the ones they showcased for Mario increased dashspeed. I agree, however, it would be a punch to the face for Falco-Mains/players with Lucina running around, although erasing the tippermechanic cannot be done by simply changing specials and using statmodifieritems like they could with Falcos moveset.

Although my main point still stands: Wolf is much less of a clone than Falco is, so i still think his chances are higher simply because he's an antagonist and more unique. I won't mind if we get all 3 again, i WOULD, however, be mad if they kept Falco and erased Wolf. On another note, change Falcos and Wolfes Final Smashes if they return PLEASE. Seeing one FS cloned 3 times hurts, espcecially if it is as "stale" as triple Landmaster... And the option to other crafts from canon and such.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Was taking it more out on the specials. If you give Fox the weird Yoyoreflector, the slower, hitstunning Laser, Falcos kind-of-weird take on Firefox and Falcos version of Foxillusion as custom options, jumping height is basically the only factor left...which can be accounted for with a pair of shoes that increase jump height like the ones they showcased for Mario increased dashspeed. I agree, however, it would be a punch to the face for Falco-Mains/players with Lucina running around, although erasing the tippermechanic cannot be done by simply changing specials and using statmodifieritems like they could with Falcos moveset.

Although my main point still stands: Wolf is much less of a clone than Falco is, so i still think his chances are higher simply because he's an antagonist and more unique. I won't mind if we get all 3 again, i WOULD, however, be mad if they kept Falco and erased Wolf. On another note, change Falcos and Wolfes Final Smashes if they return PLEASE. Seeing one FS cloned 3 times hurts, espcecially if it is as "stale" as triple Landmaster... And the option to other crafts from canon and such.
Well... I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I mean even if there is a tipper point, she still does look like she isn't gonna be that different from Marth. I'm sure to those who main her it'll be a different story, just like how people who main Falco believe he has enough to be different from Fox. But I also don't think Wolf is as popular as Falco, he also hasn't been a two time veteran like Falco, and he's not as important to the Star Fox series as Falco is, so I wouldn't say he has a higher chance of returning than Falco does... and also, they're not going to add a pair of shoes to Fox in his customization to make him jump higher haha...

Although, yeah they need different final smashes: Falco can have the arwing, Wolf can call in an air strike or get a rocket launcher or something.

Top Bottom