• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco in the Air

null55

Smash Master
I have a question for fellow Falco mainers that concerns his aerials. We all know that the c-stick is way more effective for aerials than the A button, simply due to the amount of control it gives you for doing things like bairs going forward, falling u-airs, etc., but for Falco it seems far less important. This is of course not including bair, which is an important move to use with the c-stick, but since fair isn't used much, and dair and u-air don't make much of a difference (I can do everything with u-air with the A-button equally to the c-stick... dair too but that isn't saying much) it seems as if Falco is a character that doesn't require c-stick aerials much at all.

I'll use the c-stick for bair (maybe a u-air here and there) and sometimes for smashes, but mostly I stick to the A-button.

So here's the question: do you use the c-stick or the A-button for aerials with Falco?

null55

Smash Master
True, but I still think it's not as important for Falco, so I don't use the c-stick as much for him as I do for other characters like Marth or R.O.B.

You fast fall a dair. Fair, your usually screwed if you pull one out unless it hits. Bair, yes I definitely agree. And u-air, well maybe. I don't know, I do what feels most comfortable.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
C-Stick, but I basically use it for all my Smashes/Aerial moves. I stick with A to do Tilts and Neutral attacks.

So yeah, I play differently then most, but I find C-Stick the easiest.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
If you like to be good at this game then c-stick aerials, that's the end of it. Falco especially because he uses all four of his aerials.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I have been using A, and need to learn to use it more often.

Edit: I mean use C-stick more often.

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
yeah. C-stick is the way to go with falco. its easier to DI with him in the air when he dair. everything comes out quicker when using the c stick. Imagine trying to RAR without the c stick? Or better yet imagine chain grabbing, buffering the dash, jumping and then not fast falling the dair without the c stick?

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
I do all of those things without the c-stick.

:-D

I just never used it for that.

Though I suppose I should teach myself.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Blad, I don't use X/Y to jump. I use the control stick with Tap Jump on :\.

I find it easier to perform brawlsoldier, Spiking and Aerial moves.

But that's just me. I can barely play correctly with X/Y.

HabiT

Smash Apprentice
C-stick definitely. I've gotten to where I use it for almost everything. I use it for smashes, and I've actually started charging up with c-stick + z. I ef up with it from time to time thought ^.^

J4pu

Smash Champion
If you like to be good at this game then c-stick aerials, that's the end of it. Falco especially because he uses all four of his aerials.
well actually he uses 3-4 of his 5 aerials commonly, and Nair isn't a good idea to Cstick imo. Uair isn't used as often as the others and Fair is rarely used although I have seen good use of it in stage spiking people.
Personally I Cstick Uair and Dsmashes (<-- since I often Spot dodge then immediately Dsmash). Oh and for dash attacks, so that you can change them into DLX/Gatling combos if need be.

If Cstick didn't cause you to FF then it would be amazingly useful for Falco's aerial spiking game. (it doesn't cause you to FF when you have it set to normal attack but I use it for those Dsmashes too much).

Top Bottom