• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Chain Grab

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Well most big characters are in the right position so you can just short hop to the right and D-air them when off the edge but smaller characters you have to time it so you get them while they use there second jump... There was a video of the later option floating around this forums... Ill go get it =O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAV9CKfcm3k

2:30 in this video is the second type of the chaingrab spike combo

and the video posted above by Yeniths is the easier option but doesnt work sometimes on certain chars

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah D-throw, and it is easier than the dedede IMO =)
And it's easiest on dedede :D
Though he doesn't have any infinites..
It works especially well on heavy characters such as ike, snake, d3, donkey kong, etc.
You can get to pretty high %'s but the grab eventually decays, and so you have to throw in some jabs to keep it going...

neji49

Smash Cadet
I'm still having a little trouble with chaingrab then spike combo. The opponent usualy grabs onto the edge and becomes invincible by the time I spike them? Can somebody please tell me why this is happening?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm still having a little trouble with chaingrab then spike combo. The opponent usualy grabs onto the edge and becomes invincible by the time I spike them? Can somebody please tell me why this is happening?
Perhaps your not grabbing close enough to the edge? Or maybe your trying to do it on a large character such as bowser, although its hardly impossible to do it on a larger character, i find it harder to manage to get the spike in. Keep practicing, you'll get it in no time.

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
My friend just jumped out of my chain grab at like 40%(marth). is that normal? or is it possible that I'm not doing this right?

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I've found a way 2 work around people dodgeing out of your chaingrab... if people tech/dodge out of your chaingrab... just keeping going forward and grab again... or just stand still and grab again... (the standing still grab works on big players like (king ddd/bowser/dk/ganon/snake/ike/wario/zelda(sometimes))

neji49

Smash Cadet
Perhaps your not grabbing close enough to the edge? Or maybe your trying to do it on a large character such as bowser, although its hardly impossible to do it on a larger character, i find it harder to manage to get the spike in. Keep practicing, you'll get it in no time.
I think that's it. I thought since Bowser is heavier he'd be an easier practice target. No wonder it's been so tricky. I thought I was too slow because I got the spike just as he moved away. Okay I'll try practicing on Wolf since he's heavy enough. Thanks, that helps alot.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
This is quite useful information. I had no clue Falco could chain grab, I'll be using this as often as possible. I used to be able to do it well with Sheik in Melee, but that was ruined.

I'll be using him in a tournament pretty soon, and any help such as this is always a plus.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
My d-throw chaingrab to spike game has been iffy recently. I've just been doing other stuff out of the d-throw like f-smash or run u-tilt.

neji49

Smash Cadet
Deos Falco have the most effective chaingrab in the game? If not, who does?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers. DDD

Mainly Ice climbers. Side and down grabs can chain with together and also meteor smash at the end with fair.

darkcheif55

Smash Cadet
falco chain grabs with the down throw and sometimes the forward, idk forward is kind of hard, its easier w/ down throw. Also, my cuz like always plays with sonic, its actually fairly easy 2 chain grab him, you just have 2 be fast and make sure he doesnt do his Nair before you could grab

for the other characters the heavier they are the easier, maybe for ganon and ike, if the down throw doesnt work try the forward

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the useful info. I was doing the chains incorrectly because I have been trying to "chain" with the forward throw instead of the down. I guess it only works on cpus...

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
So I'm pretty much just grabbing my opponent throwing them down then quickly running on, repeat, repeat until they are at the side of the stage?

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I tried this with a computer and I found that I could do it. But I played a human and it never worked the person just DI'd away so I couldn't get another grab out. Especially after they hit about 20%.
I'm not exactly sure. I got my brother to help me and he chose Ganondorf. Chain grabbing was perfect and I think he went to 40% and then I threw him off the ledge.

I'll try it with more characters though.

Also you have to run as soon as you throw them down then grab, throw down, run, grab, throw down, run etc.

Top Bottom