• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
His Jab could also use some re-working so that it combos nicely, and with a finisher, of course.
Oh right yes indeed to the max.
Thanks to the max, could be Mewtwo gripping his three-bulb-pronged hand clenching it as the animation finisher hit.

I just hope that it doesn't get changed up to be something lame, link, Link's new 3-hitting jab slashes. .Seriously why did they change it.
Confusion I think can stay, but it does need a revamp. Should objectively be an actual reflector, while it's close range attack should induce tripping IMO.

Disable can stay or go. If it stays I can see Sakurai getting creative with buffing it.

D-Smash should hit on both sides.

Slightly heavier, still floaty, similar (if not slightly buffed) speed.

Most attacks involving arms should be altered to have better range/knockback. These are the attacks I want to see the Spoon Sword or something like Greninja's Water Blades (F/B Air, Smashes) be used for. While not as awesome as the Spoon Sword, Psycho Cut like animations would be perfect IMO.
This post. Is all of my hyesz!
:4falcon:
You guys should nominate a "love" option alongside like so I can love this post.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I want a new f tilt I'm and maybe a 360 spin on down tilt for coverage.Bair and up tilt can stay cuz that tail.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I want a new f tilt I'm and maybe a 360 spin on down tilt for coverage.Bair and up tilt can stay cuz that tail.
What kind of F-tilt? As long as it can be tilted upwards & downwards, I'm all for it.:shades:

The 360 D-tilt sounds, very interesting because I don't see that often, at all. Doesn't sound possible considering every D-tilt I've ever known & used doesn't do 360 degrees hitting both sides like that. Though characters have introduced game-changing elements before, so I will keep that in mind.:shades:

And finally I'm okay with tail attacks, but I feel B-air will get changed up slightly. Like it won't be a "wag", but more like a tail-sweeping attack sideways from behind Mewtwo. I'd like U-tilt to stay, but maybe a different animation visual or something maybe.
Mewtwo is so much better than Greninja.

But not lucario.

Don't hurt me plz
Lucario's Aura mechanic won't let you get hurt. His Aura Sphere is the successor of Shadow Ball, who needs Shadow Ball anymore.
:troll::salt:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's what I think would be cool for some custom moves for Mewtwo:

Neutral Special: Shadow Ball
Neutral Special 2: Swift (low damage but homing)
Neutral Special 3: Psystrike (more like Warlock Punch but a projectile)

Side Special: Confusion (actually reflects too)
Side Special 2: Psycho Cut (decent range melee slash)
Side Special 3: Disable (changed from down special)

Up Special: Teleport
Up Special 2: Agility (like Pikachu; two small teleports)
Up Special 3: Fly (like Pit; longer range but not instant)

Down Special: Barrier (doesn't reflect, but does push and damage close opponents on startup, as well as blocking projectiles)
Down Special 2: Energy Absorption (like Ness; this move is from TCG)
Down Special 3: Recover (could either work like P:M Synthesis or like Wario Waft where repeated uses don't heal as much)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Confusion I think can stay, but it does need a revamp. Should objectively be an actual reflector, while it's close range attack should induce tripping IMO.

Disable can stay or go. If it stays I can see Sakurai getting creative with buffing it.

D-Smash should hit on both sides.

Slightly heavier, still floaty, similar (if not slightly buffed) speed.

Most attacks involving arms should be altered to have better range/knockback. These are the attacks I want to see the Spoon Sword or something like Greninja's Water Blades (F/B Air, Smashes) be used for. While not as awesome as the Spoon Sword, Psycho Cut like animations would be perfect IMO.

EDIT: As another thought, Mewtwo's new look may benefit the latter attacks. The arms aren't as scrawny looking as before.
I agree with these^

But you know what kind of Mewtwo I want to see? One that just doesn't give a sh*t. One who's attacks seem effortless yet powerful. What brought about that idea was the mention of his arms - he shouldn't have to use them like a normal character would (like Lucario and his aura for instance) since he can control things psychically.

Say for example, grabs can be done just by raising one arm up without making contact with the opponent and his pummels should be done with psychic energy while they're being levitated. Pretty much like Robin's grabs. Psychic constructs similar to Green Lantern's constructs or Skyrim's psychic weapons/swords/bow and arrow/etc. would be a good addition as well. I know the idea is a bit out there and probably won't happen but they can definitely incorporate it if they want to try something new (and just in case devs are reading our forum looking for ideas.) Mewtwo can just stand there all mighty while the constructs do all the job, I'd imagine it would be similar to how he handled items in Melee. It would be a good excuse to implement the Spoon!

Anyway, back to reality - If they're going to just revamp the old move set, I agree with how Confusion should be an actual reflector. It would be awesome if those who are in close range get levitated as if they were being lifted in slow motion by a Boss Galaga for a good 1.5 seconds with any attacks such as a dash attack would get cancelled. Instead of a quick flip that is. Or they can make it so that it has a cool down that recharges automatically so when it's fully charged it can levitate someone up and send them flying away.

If Disable is kept, I'd like to see them make it more long ranged and be a charged attack with different effects for each of the two-three charge states, like Robin's Thoron, and anyone caught would either be dazed and confused or my personal preference, be able to run and jump but can't attack. I mean, it's Disable. Or if it's possible, he can Disable a specific special so it would be Down B+Up/Down/Left/Right or just Down B for neutral.

His movements should be less Lucario and more.. fluid. I'd rather not see Mewtwo fighting like a fighter, I'd like to see him fighting like the all powerful entity he is like in movie one. The idea of him turning his head and making things explode is the image I have of him. But then again it depends on what kind of Mewtwo they're going for, the one from the movies or the one from Origins (and I assume is more faithful to the games.)

Just wishful thinking stuff.. I should be working right now.. #toohyped

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@Mewtwo I dig that Custom Specials list. I have a strage fondness of Swift anytime I see it involved in Custom Moves, or as a replacement move for one of Mewtwo's Special attacks.

@ ORVO5 ORVO5 I dig all of that. Especially the Disable charging to have different effects. What if instead of literally making their A attacks ineffective, how about instantly putting them into a fall-special state? (Like when characters use their Up-B, & fall helplessly with flashing dark frames when they can't do anything)

It occurred to me though, I thought of the small but not out-of-the-realm possibility chance, that they may change up his N-air. . .

Would we be mad if the N-air turned out to be something like Charizard's N-air?
Yes or No.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
@Mewtwo I dig that Custom Specials list. I have a strage fondness of Swift anytime I see it involved in Custom Moves, or as a replacement move for one of Mewtwo's Special attacks.

@ ORVO5 ORVO5 I dig all of that. Especially the Disable charging to have different effects. What if instead of literally making their A attacks ineffective, how about instantly putting them into a fall-special state? (Like when characters use their Up-B, & fall helplessly with flashing dark frames when they can't do anything)

It occurred to me though, I thought of the small but not out-of-the-realm possibility chance, that they may change up his N-air. . .

Yes or No.
His N-air is great, so I hope he keeps it.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
@ ORVO5 ORVO5 I dig all of that. Especially the Disable charging to have different effects. What if instead of literally making their A attacks ineffective, how about instantly putting them into a fall-special state? (Like when characters use their Up-B, & fall helplessly with flashing dark frames when they can't do anything).
That would be AWESOME!

Yes or No.
Yes and no.. I'd rather keep the Melee N-Air if that's the case but wouldn't be 100% angry. If anything I'd like to see something similar to Greninja's N-Air except with psychic energy. Or the same N-Air as Melee except instead of the electricity animation it's a psychic aura. I do like how it gets enemies stuck in a combo though.

What I'd like to see them replace is his other Air attacks.. As well as his tilts.. those weren't very "Mewtwo".

Last edited:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Sakurai NEEDS to put Lucario in the mewtwo trailer. Can't pass that up

Also, I think mewtwo will get an overhaul ala bowser. Maybe a few specials replaced

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Explosive Flame, but I think it would be cool if Psystrike worked like a combination of both and is activated faster.
I made this a while ago for the thread.

It had a explosive flame/PK fire effect but it got cut off in the gif processing.

D

Deleted member

SO HYPED YOU DONT EVEN KNOW....

But seriously Sakurai I swear to god if you change his moveset at all...

I don't care if you change his floatiness and speed, but PLEASE do not remove any of his Melee moves...
:c

(Low tier characters FTW?)
Some of his melee moves can be custom moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I don't recall posting prior to now, but I just gotta say, WE'RE BACK BABY! *ahem* Anywho, I'll just go over my thoughts right now. I'm just going to say that I honestly don't care what changes he'll end up getting, if any (which seems unlikely, but is slightly probable), as I plan on maining him no matter what, kinda like how Meta Knight is for me atm. Not saying I don't appreciate the thoughts going on here, as I've seen many good ideas so far. Only 5 things I think I have to say.
1. Is that he NEEDS Psystrike somewhere in his attacks, or final smash as it's his signature move.
2. Is that I almost gurantee he'll get Mega Mewtwo Y as his Mega Evolution so Pokemon Y can be represented. How it will work? I have no idea. Perhaps it'll work like a mix of Sonic's and Yoshi's? Maybe it'll pull a move close to Lucario's Aura Beam from Brawl (although I hope not)? For all we know, Sakurai could be scheming on making it something completely unique (would be amazing).
3. If they bring back Shadow Ball, it'd be extremely cool if you could aim it, similar to how Pit can aim his arrows as they go.
4. If we are given Femtwo for the voice, I REALLY hope they give us the option to change the voice (I'd prefer his Melee voice tbh).
5. He needs his Melee taunt, it's just gotta happen.
All I know is it's not only great that this legend is back, but to have us back up and running once again is awesome as well. Also, I've stayed optimistic for him even after the full 3DS roster, so in a sense *ahem* I CALLED IT! Sorry, had to say it for the laughs. Next up, I need to make a video about all this news, well, mostly fighter related news, but either way, that and a collab with a friend on other possible DLC that could come along. I think I've rambled enough though, add in the fact that it's about 5 in the morning, yeah, I think I'll call it a night before I pass out at the computer...again.
EDIT: At least I'm coherent enough to go back and fix any errors I've made, shame I didn't do it BEFORE I posted...yup, I'm tired alright.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Yes or No.
I actually included a Disable Custom Special that put opponents into helpless in my moveset that I posted a little while back. IDK if you read it, but since you, @ ORVO5 ORVO5 and I all like that idea, I think you might like what else I added. It's called Strange Disable, and, basically, if the opponent is grounded, it trips them, and if they're airborne, it puts them into helpless. Of course, it doesn't deal any damage. But, here's the real kicker: Anybody hit with Strange Disable experiences a strong push effect. This means characters on the ground are not only tripped, but also pushed back. However, airborne enemies also experience this push. This makes it an extremely useful edgeguarding and gimping tool, because they render the opponent unable to recover while also pushing them away from the ledge. Strange Disable is balanced out, however, by retaining Disable's normal range and start/ending lag, requiring excellent timing in order for a successful Strange Disable gimp to be pulled off.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In terms of music, I'm kinda-sorta hoping he comes with his theme from Pokémon Puzzle League. He'll probably just get his X/Y theme, though, which I also wouldn't mind.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I just gotta say, its nice seeing all the old Mewtwo regulars coming back and celebrating our victory. You guys are the best.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Heh..soon...

"You have no idea what I went through... Years of research and millions of dollars, just to satiate their hunger, to get them off my back...

So now that you're finally here...

Give them Hell."

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ugh My wonderful little main every where I go :')
And in terms of Music I want these back
especially Poké Floats because when I think Mewtwo I think of it or this,
That last one is the song I had hoped Mewtwo had playing as you were fighting him but hey DLC is the next best thing ;)
Wow! That last one is especially awesome! It's vey grandiose sounding. I love it! Oh, and I loved Pokefloats, as well. Such an original stage, with awesome music, to boot!
As for me, for a Mewtwo theme, I'd like to see
Or

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I actually included a Disable Custom Special that put opponents into helpless in my moveset that I posted a little while back. IDK if you read it, but since you, @ ORVO5 ORVO5 and I all like that idea, I think you might like what else I added. It's called Strange Disable, and, basically, if the opponent is grounded, it trips them, and if they're airborne, it puts them into helpless. Of course, it doesn't deal any damage. But, here's the real kicker: Anybody hit with Strange Disable experiences a strong push effect. This means characters on the ground are not only tripped, but also pushed back. However, airborne enemies also experience this push. This makes it an extremely useful edgeguarding and gimping tool, because they render the opponent unable to recover while also pushing them away from the ledge. Strange Disable is balanced out, however, by retaining Disable's normal range and start/ending lag, requiring excellent timing in order for a successful Strange Disable gimp to be pulled off.
I remember liking it, but not reading it all. Go figure I stopped reading after the Neutral-B's in your move-set spoiler you made.:upsidedown: At first the push-back felt a little over the top, but considering you have to be very close to them, even closer than you would normally have to be for a regular Disable, it seems fair. And when you go on to say it can be used once in the air to stall him, I'm thinking this move could be used repeatedly, but the stall effect would have diminishing returns being less effective the more times you use it. Which I like. Good stuff U-Throw.:shades:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
At first I thought that was super OP, but then I remembered that Disable is hard to land. Still, I dont really know if I like the idea. Sure its hard to land, but still.... something about landing a move that not only pushes them but puts them in the helpless/freefall state, basically making it impossible to recover, seems off...

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stupid about this

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
At first I thought that was super OP, but then I remembered that Disable is hard to land. Still, I dont really know if I like the idea. Sure its hard to land, but still.... something about landing a move that not only pushes them but puts them in the helpless/freefall state, basically making it impossible to recover, seems off...

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stupid about this
I too thought at first it was a bit over the top for the push-back effect added on with putting them instantly in fall-special animation.

But, to land that airborne against literally being in their face borderline touching their hurt-box with our hurt-box getting passionate with someone who will most likely either Airdodge, or throw out a an aerial that would have more range covering more distance, this move would be impossibly hard to connect.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Wow! That last one is especially awesome! It's vey grandiose sounding. I love it! Oh, and I loved Pokefloats, as well. Such an original stage, with awesome music, to boot!
Or
Oh man that Pokemon rumble mix

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Someone mentioned the spoon, and I'm actually all for spoon tilts. It would confuse a lot of people, possibly, but I would really dig it, and it would be more canon than him using his tail. Also all of this:

I agree with these^

But you know what kind of Mewtwo I want to see? One that just doesn't give a sh*t. One who's attacks seem effortless yet powerful. What brought about that idea was the mention of his arms - he shouldn't have to use them like a normal character would (like Lucario and his aura for instance) since he can control things psychically.

Say for example, grabs can be done just by raising one arm up without making contact with the opponent and his pummels should be done with psychic energy while they're being levitated. Pretty much like Robin's grabs. Psychic constructs similar to Green Lantern's constructs or Skyrim's psychic weapons/swords/bow and arrow/etc. would be a good addition as well. I know the idea is a bit out there and probably won't happen but they can definitely incorporate it if they want to try something new (and just in case devs are reading our forum looking for ideas.) Mewtwo can just stand there all mighty while the constructs do all the job, I'd imagine it would be similar to how he handled items in Melee. It would be a good excuse to implement the Spoon!

Anyway, back to reality - If they're going to just revamp the old move set, I agree with how Confusion should be an actual reflector. It would be awesome if those who are in close range get levitated as if they were being lifted in slow motion by a Boss Galaga for a good 1.5 seconds with any attacks such as a dash attack would get cancelled. Instead of a quick flip that is. Or they can make it so that it has a cool down that recharges automatically so when it's fully charged it can levitate someone up and send them flying away.

If Disable is kept, I'd like to see them make it more long ranged and be a charged attack with different effects for each of the two-three charge states, like Robin's Thoron, and anyone caught would either be dazed and confused or my personal preference, be able to run and jump but can't attack. I mean, it's Disable. Or if it's possible, he can Disable a specific special so it would be Down B+Up/Down/Left/Right or just Down B for neutral.

His movements should be less Lucario and more.. fluid. I'd rather not see Mewtwo fighting like a fighter, I'd like to see him fighting like the all powerful entity he is like in movie one. The idea of him turning his head and making things explode is the image I have of him. But then again it depends on what kind of Mewtwo they're going for, the one from the movies or the one from Origins (and I assume is more faithful to the games.)

Just wishful thinking stuff.. I should be working right now.. #toohyped

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Or
That "Rumble" variant is so hype!!

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
So about Mewtwo's final smash, do you think we'll get to change his smash?

Suppose his smash is turning into an X/Y form. You start off with the X form and then later you can unlock a custom final smash which is his Y form.

Pretty far fetched but if we get mega evos this would be good...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Suppose his smash is turning into an X/Y form. You start off with the X form and then later you can unlock a custom final smash which is his Y form.

I doubt we'll get custom Final Smashes.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

I once heard a theory about how he/she would split into two megas or call in the other mega for an assist while they attack the fighters on stage.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I once heard a theory about how he/she would split into two megas or call in the other mega for an assist while they attack the fighters on stage.
That was the Tower of Smash leak, I believe. And that leak's dead as disco. The Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza shot 20 times in the face before burying it 12-feet under. There's no way its true now. Granted, parts of it were and may still be true, such as Mewtwo being a Cross-Connection Character, but the bulk of it was a lie. So, I wouldn't count on Mewtwo's Final Smash, though, seeing as he was right about Mewtwo being a Cross-Connection Character, it may turn out to be true. I don't really know what to think.
Personally, I wouldn't want to see that as his Final Smash. Calling in back-up to attack for him isn't something the Most Powerful Pokémon would do. I'd rather see him use Psystrike as his Final Smash, or, if all else fails, I suppose he could Mega Evolve, though I'm not too keen on that idea.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That was the Tower of Smash leak, I believe. And that leak's dead as disco. The Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza shot 20 times in the face before burying it 12-feet under. There's no way its true now. Granted, parts of it were and may still be true, such as Mewtwo being a Cross-Connection Character, but the bulk of it was a lie. So, I wouldn't count on Mewtwo's Final Smash, though, seeing as he was right about Mewtwo being a Cross-Connection Character, it may turn out to be true. I don't really know what to think.
Personally, I wouldn't want to see that as his Final Smash. Calling in back-up to attack for him isn't something the Most Powerful Pokémon would do. I'd rather see him use Psystrike as his Final Smash, or, if all else fails, I suppose he could Mega Evolve, though I'm not too keen on that idea.
Wasn't there a trophy of both mega mewtwo's? Maybe both are his final smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom