• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Kinda saw it coming unfortunately. I'm upset with some parts of the roster but I think I can cope. It was fun while it lasted; it's a real shame, Mewtwo had so much going for it, too.

Oh well, more incentive to keep playing P:M.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Why would Zipzo lie like this? Creating false hope, just like that. He was so credible for legit information about Smash 3DS during last weekend. And gained a good reputation, why would he throw that reputation away by creating a lie like this? This makes him no better than MotherF****ing Leaker, and all the other fraud "leakers" out there.

Zipzo KNEW we would believe him, he KNOWS :mewtwopm: has a big demand. So just, why. I am severely disappointed in him, and after this i'm not so sure i can put my trust into anyone anymore.

Redcard

Smash Cadet
If he can't be trusted to add 2 of the most requested characters after teasing them, he can't be trusted for anything.
I don't recall him teasing Mewtwo, when was that?
You mean the "We're thinking about it?"? I wouldn't call that a tease.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Damn, I guess the struggle is really over, then, and we've lost. I still have slight hope for a miracle, though.

I don't recall him teasing Mewtwo, when was that?
You mean the "We're thinking about it?"? I wouldn't call that a tease.
Greninja trailer. Greninja's silhouette looked a lot like Mewtwo. Just ignore the last bit. It clearly shows that Greninja had completely different hands and fingers to his actual model. He even looked grey.

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
Daaaaaammmmmnnnnnn...... it looks really bad for mewtwo, but I wont lose hope, untill the WiiU version comes out, this isn't the final nail in the coffin... lets just hope.our global rage forces nintendo to consider mewtwo as DLC and we get a beautiful apology present

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Daaaaaammmmmnnnnnn...... it looks really bad for mewtwo, but I wont lose hope, untill the WiiU version comes out, this isn't the final nail in the coffin... lets just hope.our global rage forces nintendo to consider mewtwo as DLC and we get a beautiful apology present
Don't count on it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Guys, don't close down this thread. The Wii U version is still upon us. Also, the amiibos could count as extra DLC to the other characters we want and we still haven't seen the mewtwo trophy so there is still hope. The DLC characters could be grouped together on the CSS which makes sense, don't give up hope just because there is no room in the Pokemon CSS row.

There has to be amiibo DLC, there just has to be... They need more production time. Amiibos will be out by the Wii U release so we may get mewtwo then.

Xauric

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xauric
Okay guys, stop screaming about how Smash is dead and Sakurai deserves to die or whatever and think about this for a minute. There are a couple of blatantly obvious things people are forgetting.

1. Sakurai knows very well how much people wanted Mewtwo. He's not an idiot as some of you seem to claim.
  2. There's no set number of slots per game. It fluctuates over the course of development, no one character "replaces" another.
  3. The Ice Climbers were cut as well, with Dr. Mario returning, meaning no one is safe, but no one is doomed either.

Sakurai has to make very tough decisions regarding the development of Smash, and if that means pleasing the many, for the disappointment of the few, so be it. He's stated before that he hates, more than anything else, having to cut characters from the Smash roster. Mewtwo's one of the most complicated characters to develop for Smash, and he's been attempted for every single Smash game to date. I do not doubt that Four is any exception. The only reason Mewtwo wasn't included in 64 and Brawl was because of technical and time constraints, and I have no doubt the same applies to Four.

Rather than waste time on a character they know they can't finish now, Sakurai and his team spent their time making other characters. I know, Mewtwo's awesome, he's one of my all time favorite characters, and Sakurai knows extremely well how popular Mewtwo was. But the demands of the vocal minority won't move mountains, and in this case, the development of Mewtwo as a playable character may have caused the delay of Smash as a whole, and while we Mewtwo fans may have been okay with that, the rest of the Smash world wouldn't have been. So they made other characters. There aren't a set number of "slots" that are predetermined for each Smash game, it's not like Lucario replaced Mewtwo, or the Duck Hunt Dog or Rosalina replaced the Ice Climbers. They simply couldn't do it right now for whatever reason, and that's a harsh reality of all games, not just Smash.

Yeah, it majorly sucks that Mewtwo isn't in. Yeah, it's disheartening and frustrating. But the game still has potential to be good, even if Mewtwo isn't in. More importantly, not all hope is lost, and if the DLC for Mario Kart 8 is anything to speak from, we still have hope, and before you mention anything about DLC being impossible for Smash, we don't know that DLC is an impossibility for sure. The DLC for Mario Kart 8 added nearly 50% more content to the game, and it was done exceedingly well. DLC is still a possibility for Smash, simply because there aren't any plans yet, doesn't mean it's impossible. This means more characters, more maps, more trophies, more items, all kinds of things. The future of Smash is not set in stone.

There's still hope for Mewtwo. Keep your heads up, guys. :)

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Most disappointing thing about today. :( I was against DLC at first, but now I want it. Mewtwo please.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Okay guys, stop screaming about how Smash is dead and Sakurai deserves to die or whatever and think about this for a minute. There are a couple of blatantly obvious things people are forgetting.

1. Sakurai knows very well how much people wanted Mewtwo. He's not an idiot as some of you seem to claim.
  2. There's no set number of slots per game. It fluctuates over the course of development, no one character "replaces" another.
  3. The Ice Climbers were cut as well, with Dr. Mario returning, meaning no one is safe, but no one is doomed either.

Sakurai has to make very tough decisions regarding the development of Smash, and if that means pleasing the many, for the disappointment of the few, so be it. He's stated before that he hates, more than anything else, having to cut characters from the Smash roster. Mewtwo's one of the most complicated characters to develop for Smash, and he's been attempted for every single Smash game to date. I do not doubt that Four is any exception. The only reason Mewtwo wasn't included in 64 and Brawl was because of technical and time constraints, and I have no doubt the same applies to Four.

Rather than waste time on a character they know they can't finish now, Sakurai and his team spent their time making other characters. I know, Mewtwo's awesome, he's one of my all time favorite characters, and Sakurai knows extremely well how popular Mewtwo was. But the demands of the vocal minority won't move mountains, and in this case, the development of Mewtwo as a playable character may have caused the delay of Smash as a whole, and while we Mewtwo fans may have been okay with that, the rest of the Smash world wouldn't have been. So they made other characters. There aren't a set number of "slots" that are predetermined for each Smash game, it's not like Lucario replaced Mewtwo, or the Duck Hunt Dog or Rosalina replaced the Ice Climbers. They simply couldn't do it right now for whatever reason, and that's a harsh reality of all games, not just Smash.

Yes, it sucks that Mewtwo isn't in. Yes, it's disheartening and frustrating. But not all hope is lost, and if the DLC for Mario Kart 8 is anything to speak from, we still have hope, and before you mention anything about DLC being impossible for Smash, we don't know that DLC is an impossibility for sure. The DLC for Mario Kart 8 added nearly 50% more content to the game, and it was done exceedingly well. DLC is still a possibility for Smash, simply because there aren't any plans yet, doesn't mean it's impossible. This means more characters, more maps, more trophies, more items, all kinds of things. The future of Smash is not set in stone.

There's still hope for Mewtwo. Keep your heads up, guys. :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I love the roster but yeah, Mewtwo, Ridley and K.Rool would've made it perfect for me.
Now that the roster speculation is officially over, and now that this thread serves no purpose, I feel comfortable finally saying this:

I would be pissed if K.Rool got into Smash over Mewtwo. There is no comraderie between us. There is no common ground. Just get out. Go cry in your corner, as we do in ours.

I've been a DK fan since 1992, and even I didn't want K.Rool in Smash.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We need to bombard sakurai until we get what we want. Via twitter, email, or whatever.
The game's already made. It wouldn't make a difference at this point. He already ignored us, he can simply keep on doing it from now on. There's no point in trying anymore dude.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As much as I'm pissed over Mewtwo's exclusion, I simply cannot state enough that the other 2 community supporters of the Big 3 have my utmost sympathy. None of them made it in when they should have, and despite evidence of rivalry(I'll respect your opinion @ Aninymouse Aninymouse so don't bombard mine), the rational members of the Big 3 mourn together this day.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
The game's already made. It wouldn't make a difference at this point. He already ignored us, he can simply keep on doing it from now on. There's no point in trying anymore dude.
Dlc could be our last chance. All the people who have lost their vets should attack sakurai through the media, if we don't fight we will never get what we want!!!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Too Soon, and don't take it from me.

More likely than not you'll get negativity from this.
Aww, I can't have fun and make people laugh? Come on, Mewtwo might be in later on as a DLC character, or in SSB5, or 6, or 7, or as a Wii U celebration launch character.

Sometimes you just have to laugh it off.

Last edited:

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
We need to bombard sakurai until we get what we want. Via twitter, email, or whatever.
Look, plenty of people didn't get what they wanted. You're taking this for granted and you shouldn't be. The game has a wonderful roster and Mewtwo really would NOT have made that much of a difference.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Now that the roster speculation is officially over, and now that this thread serves no purpose, I feel comfortable finally saying this:

I would be pissed if K.Rool got into Smash over Mewtwo. There is no comraderie between us. There is no common ground. Just get out. Go cry in your corner, as we do in ours.

I've been a DK fan since 1992, and even I didn't want K.Rool in Smash.
Honestly, K Rool probably has the least chance of getting into Smash out of the Hype 3. At least Sakurai made mention of Mewtwo and Ridley, I don't even think he even acknowledged K Rool, even with all the hype around him.
No offense to K Rool fans either, i hope your character gets in just like I hope our character gets in.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Okay, I know I was the first to say that I would leave in shame if Mewtwo was not in SSB4, and I know I've been giving the reasons for my fears in the last few weeks, but it pains me to see you all like this. Let me give you just a glimmer of hope.

The longer we go without seeing a Mewtwo trophy, the better. A character that was planned for DLC would not receive a normal, low-poly trophy like the rest.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Aww, I can't have fun and make people laugh? Come on, Mewtwo might be in later on as a DLC character, or in SSB5, or 6, or 7, or as a Wii U celebration launch character.

Don't take it from me, but consider the rest of the Mewtwo fans when I say.

Too. Soon.

There are better ways to make people laugh, this is just feels like your rubbing it in. I understand that was not your intention though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Look, plenty of people didn't get what they wanted. You're taking this for granted and you shouldn't be. The game has a wonderful roster and Mewtwo really would NOT have made that much of a difference.
Give up if you want but I'm not only if we swarm them to know without a doubt who we want through emails and twitter can we bring change and it needs to be in MASSIVE numbers.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
HA.
Don't count on it. I'm sick of all this false hype. Its over, Mewtwo IS NEVER going to be playable in Smash again.
And you called me pessimistic.... let's bind together, and start a movement or something to GUARANTEE Mewtwo is in Smash 5.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh well. Definitely doesn't hurt like Brawl did.

Still something just doesn't seem right/add up IMO. Just keep an eye out for any word on Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie trophies. I don't want to ride on false hope but this is something that needs investigating.

Guys...I think Spainkiller isn't lying

This screencap was from a /v/ thread made on 07/27 before the ESRB leak

He says the game will have:
Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley

Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

Fast forward to the ESRB leak from 08/20 -> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878858

This confirms 3 out of the 7 characters from the /v/ poster and it's also confirmed 100% now that we have the final roster

Now that leaves us with the last 4 characters...Dixie, Chorus Men, Ridley, and Mewtwo

Spainkiller from NeoGAF posted this today:

"**** it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey."

[source -> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...stcount=14153]

Zipzo (who is credible, he posted a lot of info from the final JP smash build a few days ago) tweeted this:

"Mewtwo is in."

[source -> https://twitter.com/zipzoatmeal/stat...1653244628992]

I guess we'll see in a few months what happens ;)
This guy on Neogaf makes an excellent point.

Edit: Regarding the Zipzo part he's come out and apologized:
https://twitter.com/zipzoatmeal/status/510170352165470208

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
And you called me pessimistic.... let's bind together, and start a movement or something to GUARANTEE Mewtwo is in Smash 5.
How guarantee Mewtwo for Smash 5? Cutting the only character in his way (and no, it isn't Greninja).

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Oh well. Definitely doesn't hurt like Brawl did.

Still something just doesn't seem right/add up IMO. Just keep an eye out for any word on Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie trophies. I don't want to ride on false hope but this is something that needs investigating.
Well as far as I know , fake leaks are frowned upon on Neogaf right? (although half the time i hear to never trust anything on that site, so duh). There is someone saying you'd get Ridley, Dixie. Mewtwo and i think he mentioned a fourth linking the 3ds and Wii U Smash Bros version. I'm 99.9% thats complete bull, so take it with a grain, no, a mountain of salt. I could see Nintendo falling as low as on-disc-DLC, but as low as THAT... Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom