• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Who is Zipzo??? Is he a trusted source? Because i dont find a tweet like that to be very convincing.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Again, I don't see the point in making a post out of nowhere unless he had credible evidence and there's no reason to relinquish his well established credibility and fame just to get some cries from a fanbase.
The point? Because people get over-excited and sucked in by troll rumours.
I am the fanbase. Merely trying to keep people from setting themselves up for possible disappointment before any evidence is presented.
He got a number of things wrong the other day and later apologised that he got overexcited and posted without checking his for himself first.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah I never heard of this Zipzo guy, I'm not getting my hopes up. Still remaining neutral.

Hope he's right though :)

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Who is Zipzo??? Is he a trusted source? Because i dont find a tweet like that to be very convincing.
He's trusted in that he's not a troll.
He's just a guy who lives in Japan though. He's not know to have any connections.
And he has posted some things that turned out incorrect before in over-excitement.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Who are those two? Are they credible at all?
Shofu is a well known Pokemon streamer. I can't say anything about Warchamp.

I guess I'm being the negative one now haha. I'm just not a fan of cryptic one liners and, as a Melee Mewtwo main, I can't hype myself up for disappointment like that. Until I see evidence, the tweet really doesn't mean anything to me.
I can't say anything about a lack of evidence either, but again, a guy with a good amount of credibility to his name is saying this.

The point? Because people get over-excited and sucked in by troll rumours.
I am the fanbase. Merely trying to keep people from setting themselves up for possible disappointment before any evidence is presented.
He got a number of things wrong the other day and later apologised that he got overexcited and posted without checking his for himself first.
*insert Palpatine joke here*

Point taken. Regardless, I choose to follow it and the personal disappointment is mine alone if it turns out wrong.

MMM_AJ

Smash Rookie
I'm dying with anxiety and anticipation right now! I feel sick with fear! Please Zipzo, please Sakurai, I've been waiting years for Mewtwo's return!

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Zipzo is the guy who was giving info over the weekend he is totally a credible source.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair

EDIT: sorry changed my mind who I was replying to half way through typing. Zipzo leaked fierce diety link and stuff last weekend

@ general flow of thread
Mewtwo isn't exactly a game mechanic you can get confused over.
So unless Giygas is playable I don't really see what he could have confused Mewtwo with.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So a Youtuber and a mod are credible sources as well? How would they know who's secret and who's not?

MMM_AJ

Smash Rookie
Half an hour and no follow-up tweet with proof from Zip! I'm dying here! Friggin dying! I feel like my soul is being put through the wringer!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
So far our sources are a guy who lives in Japan and a guy who plays video games and posts it on Youtube. Excellent.
Not persuading me since neither of them have any connections as far as we know.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So far our sources are a guy who lives in Japan and a guy who plays video games and posts it on Youtube. Excellent.
Not persuading me since neither of them have any connections as far as we know.
I'm with you on this. Still hopeful though. And the PAX event does provide some credibility, although for them to leak info would be bad for them.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah I was pranked before. I guess I'm not credible at all.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Guys, pranked with pink username means a Premium member "pranked" you and you stay that way for three months. Not relevant at all to Mewtwo being in or not. >_>

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

MMM_AJ

Smash Rookie
Guys, pranked with pink username means a Premium member "pranked" you and you stay that way for three months. Not relevant at all to Mewtwo being in or not. >_>
Ugh, I shouldn't have panicked, sorry. Still so new to these boards I didn't know that. Ok, terror is reduced!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I think we're being had. If those other two slipped Mewtwo during the stream, and even said something along the lines of "We're streaming now!" it seems too obvious. Plus, it's been almost a half hour, and nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom