• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Have you ever woken up to Christmas morning and found yourself disappointed?

Yeah.

I had the idea this was happening.

I hold out hope, but...it may be over.
Not even close :)

At least not until they try stuff like the 20 hour VS mode technique. Or maybe something totally different. They haven't even unlocked all the characters yet. No reason to lose hope.

By the way it's only been a few hours since these guys started playing.. let's just remind ourselves of that.

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Here's hoping for the latter, because I'd rather not spend another 6-8 years hoping for nothing.
Yall giving up to easy. Im sure Mewtwo is in the game but wont be unlocked in 3 hours. In melee it took forever. Frankly i dont want him to be unlocked super quick i want to work for it. It was super gratifying when i first unlocked him in melee. It would be an injustice if he was that easy, come on yall we're talking about ****ing Mewtwo!!! We just gotta be patient.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Why would you think that?
Negativity is poisonous. Don't get me wrong, I would fully expect Mewtwo to be among the last guys unlocked, but seeing 5 characters unlocked already doesn't exactly bode well for him.

WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE THAT THIS IS OVER SHUT UP AND JUST WAIT DONT BE A TROLL
Edit: Sorry about that :)
Can't say I didn't expect a comment like that.

Not even close :)

At least not until they try stuff like the 20 hour VS mode technique. Or maybe something totally different. They haven't even unlocked all the characters yet. No reason to lose hope.
True. I'll just keep patiently waiting, then.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yall giving up to easy. Im sure Mewtwo is in the game but wont be unlocked in 3 hours. In melee it took forever. Frankly i dont want him to be unlocked super quick i want to work for it. It was super gratifying when i first unlocked him in melee. It would be an injustice if he was that easy, come on yall we're talking about ****ing Mewtwo!!! We just gotta be patient.
I want Mewtwo in, but I'm pretty sure he's not in. There's too much evidence to the contrary. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Negativity is poisonous. Don't get me wrong, I would fully expect Mewtwo to be among the last guys unlocked, but seeing 5 characters unlocked already doesn't exactly bode well for him.
Considering that Mewtwo had such rigorous unlock requirements in Melee, I highly doubt the 5 characters already being unlocked really mean anything. We already knew they were all in.

I want Mewtwo in, but I'm pretty sure he's not in. There's too much evidence to the contrary. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.
While there hasn't been much evidence for Mewtwo, there also hasn't really been any evidence to the contrary either.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
While there hasn't been much evidence for Mewtwo, there also hasn't really been any evidence to the contrary either.
I was referring to the fact that the leaked roster+Miis is the final one. Why would some characters not be shown to the ESRB? And when Neo Zero said it wasn't final, he seemed rather...dire I guess? Because all it was missing were the Miis, hence the All Star lock.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Truth. Logical. Rational. Truth.

I was referring to the fact that the leaked roster+Miis is the final one. Why would some characters not be shown to the ESRB? And when Neo Zero said it wasn't final, he seemed rather...dire I guess? Because all it was missing were the Miis, hence the All Star lock.
What if the leaker didn't leak everything?

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Mewtwo had such rigorous unlock requirements in Melee, I highly doubt the 5 characters already being unlocked really mean anything. We already knew they were all in.

Maybe sakurai wants him to be a suprised reveal? HERE IS TO HOPING HE GETS A REVEAL TRAILER :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Sakurai really did put a rigorous unlock condition for Mewtwo for old times sake, I'm going to be mad for a bit, then calm down because he was finally confirmed. But as of right now I'm setting my expectations bar a little lower to prevent myself full disappointment in the likely case he's scrapped. I still hope for Mewtwo though, dear Stage Designer, do not get me wrong on that at all.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Why would he not? I redirect you to what I said; Why would there not be characters not shown to the ESRB in the demo/video they had?
Because he simply didn't have the time to? Or just didn't? Just because someone leaks something doesn't mean it has to be everything. The game is massive. I don't remember seeing gameplay vids of Wario, Duck Hunt Dog or Dr. Mario for example. It's not like the leaker was obligated to leak everything. He simply could have just NOT leaked everything, it's that simple.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys, Zipzo said on twitter Mewtwo is in. Not sure whether or not it's true tho.
Edit: Damnit, someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Because he simply didn't have the time to? Or just didn't? Just because someone leaks something doesn't mean it has to be everything. The game is massive. I don't remember seeing gameplay vids of Wario, Duck Hunt Dog or Dr. Mario for example. It's not like the leaker was obligated to leak everything. He simply could have just NOT leaked everything, it's that simple.
You can think whatever you want, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Far as I'm concerned, it's over. Only hope is for DLC if they decide to do it.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai really did put a rigorous unlock condition for Mewtwo for old times sake, I'm going to be mad for a bit, then calm down because he was finally confirmed. But as of right now I'm setting my expectations bar a little lower to prevent myself full disappointment in the likely case he's scrapped. I still hope for Mewtwo though, dear Stage Designer, do not get me wrong on that at all.
That would be the best idea :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, Zipzo said on twitter Mewtwo is in. Not sure whether or not it's true tho.
Edit: Damnit, someone beat me to it.
I was about to say I demand a link...

I need a link to this before I believe it.
Thank you.

Zipzo saying Mewtwo is in?

I'm perfectly willing to throw away my negativity and eat my words is this is true.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If Mewtwo is in, I'll be happy and at peace. Sorry for my pessimism before, I'll eat my words.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Right now, I'm cautiously hyped if that's a thing. I am hyped, but I won't really believe it until I see evidence.

gamer8

Smash Lord
The moment of truth has arrived my friends! I don't think Zipzo would lie, this HAS to be true! God I'm so excited I'm about to freaking lose it!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Please be real.
Damn it why couldn't you give us a pic?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You can think whatever you want, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Far as I'm concerned, it's over. Only hope is for DLC if they decide to do it.
But it does make sense. Imagine if you were that employee who's taking screenshots and videos knowing that if you get caught you'll get fired and get banned from your field of work? Would you take the time to leak everything? You're just being pessimistic. I'm being rational without any bias. I can accept the fact that Mewtwo might not be in the game but the truth is, we don't know the full story. Mewtwo could be still in, leaks should never be the source of 100% truth. We should all know that by now. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@Zipzo
Honestly, this is something I can't believe without a picture or some sort of evidence. It just seems too good to be true.
Then again, Zipzo has proven himself credible. I don't see the logic in relinquishing it to troll a fanbase. Honestly, my negativity is beginning to fade.

Please be real.
Damn it why couldn't you give us a pic?
Hype purposes?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Then again, Zipzo has proven himself credible. I don't see the logic in relinquishing it to troll a fanbase. Honestly, my negativity is beginning to fade.

Hype purposes?
no, you give us pictures definitively proving his inclusion for hype purposes

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
HYESHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The one clone (backstory not moveset) I actually want in Smash is in.
:mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:
Humans may have created me, but they will never enslave me! This cannot be my destiny! ~ :mewtwopm:Upon being cut from Brawl.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Zipzo has been wrong before.
He's been known to get a little overexcited and post hearsay things.
Again, I don't see the point in making a post out of nowhere unless he had credible evidence and there's no reason to relinquish his well established credibility and fame just to get some cries from a fanbase.

no, you give us pictures definitively proving his inclusion for hype purposes
Touché.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Apparently Mewtwo was named dropped on Shofu's stream and Warchamp freaked out and reminded them that they were streaming.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I guess I'm being the negative one now haha. I'm just not a fan of cryptic one liners and, as a Melee Mewtwo main, I can't hype myself up for disappointment like that. Until I see evidence, the tweet really doesn't mean anything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom