• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
If Mewtwo and Jiggs are both in, that would only be 6 pokemon characters... no more than brawl if you separate pkmn trainer

and PM has 7!

They can coexist

now pray with me that the leak is false guys :p
If you're referring to what I think you are... call this the greatest of straw grasps, but if Mewtwo isn't on the initial 3DS roster, I believe he'll be DLC for the 3DS but in-game for the Wii U version. Game Freak has this bad habit of making several Pokemon per generation hidden "event Pokemon"; they add them into the games, but officially reveal them year after year to keep the Pokemon hype alive. If Sakurai wants to keep awareness on the Wii U Smash, he could have "event Smash characters", really big guns like Mewtwo. Hopefully free DLC for 3DS.

It'd probably leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths knowing he'd manipulate fans who adore the character (and arguably the most requested fighter in the world). But I guess this is our modern age...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If Mewtwo and Jiggs are both in, that would only be 6 pokemon characters... no more than brawl if you separate pkmn trainer

and PM has 7!

They can coexist

No worries, I'm aware that Brawl has 6 playable pokemon & would of had 7. Project M while is a worthy Smash Brothers game, it was not developed by neither Nintendo nor Sakurai, so PM can't be mentioned as a counter topic. But the idea of all the pokemon makes sense, & they all surely can coexist. The leak if is true or not, only shows a sneak peek of 3DS's roster in September for the Sm4sh roster. We should mind more on SSB5 coming in the winter rather than the 3DS.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

and PM has 7!

They can coexist

PM, ofc, is a mod, so it can't be counted on reliably as an argument, but it still stands that it's a milestone for Mewtwo fans.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Think about it guys.

Our lives have been building up to this one moment. Bit by bit.

I know that for the past few years when I first heard about Smash 4 coming into development the only thing I hoped for was to see Mewtwo again. I really hope we get that chance and Sakurai doesn't disappoint us. I want to go through that ultimate joy of being able to play Mewtwo in Smash again. I don't care if he's DLC or unlockable, seeing my favourite Pokemon in HD will be the best!

The hype will be getting real in the next 3 weeks. I hope we get a direct of some kind. I don't mind waiting another few months to see Mewtwo back, but I just hope it's not going to be a long few years of waiting and having my hopes shattered yet again.

He's got far too much going for him, so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be back. We just have to wait a little while longer.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
So there should be a Nintendo direct this week considering they have had one every 2 months this year.
There will also probably be a reveal during said that direct, but will it be Mewtwo? I'm going to say its 50/50 that Mewtwo will be the reveal, it's either this week or the likely September Smash direct.

Actually the direct is a better time to reveal him I mean just think about this.
Sakurai is announcing the remaining Vetrans in the same fashion that he did in the April direct then he says. "But I have one more Vetran character to reveal, please have a look at this." *Shows 40 second Mewtwo trailer*
Once the trailer ends he could talk about how Mewtwo's changed and such for example
"In Super Smash Bros. Melee Mewtwo had a crooked back but now we have made him stand 90 degrees backwards, this is quite an amazing thing to do."
Before Moving on to the Newcomers.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So there should be a Nintendo direct this week considering they have had one every 2 months this year.
There will also probably be a reveal during said that direct, but will it be Mewtwo? I'm going to say its 50/50 that Mewtwo will be the reveal, it's either this week or the likely September Smash direct.

Actually the direct is a better time to reveal him I mean just think about this.
Sakurai is announcing the remaining Vetrans in the same fashion that he did in the April direct then he says. "But I have one more Vetran character to reveal, please have a look at this." *Shows 40 second Mewtwo trailer*
Once the trailer ends he could talk about how Mewtwo's changed and such for example
"In previous Super Smash Bros. Melee Mewtwo had a crooked back but now we have made him stand 90 degrees backwards, this is quite an amazing thing to do."
Before Moving on to the Newcomers.
Not to be a jerk, but that is extreme wishful thinking.

I want it as much as you do, but you're more likely to get struck by lightning than that happening.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Shiny Juvenile Mewtwo, ftw! <3 xD
Anyways, even if the leak DOES in fact, end up being true....Mewtwo is likely just not unlocked yet, otherwise, he'd just be crossed out like the others. There's faith in both directions, and no good reason to loose hope yet.
Yeah I heard him and Ridley are not unlocked yet, but it makes sense that Ridley and Mewtwo would be the hardest to unlock.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Not to be a jerk, but that is extreme wishful thinking.

I want it as much as you do, but you're more likely to get struck by lightning than that happening.
Yeah, at least we are not talking about Mewtwo trailers in our dreams again...

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Lol I've never dreamed about Smash Brothers revealing trailers. Sure I can imagine then with a bit of thought, but never via dreams. I guess I know where the "**** on your hopes & dreams" quote became old but gold.:troll: The Unconfirmed Mewtwo Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I guess I know where the "**** on your hopes & dreams" quote became old but gold.:troll: The Unconfirmed Mewtwo Thread
I started that fad with the insane Mewtwo coincidences :troll:

Yeah, at least we are not talking about Mewtwo trailers in our dreams again...

At some point someone's gonna make fate happen :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336

August direct Sakurai pulls another zzs...but it doesn't last for one second it lasts for 40 minutes and then

"You remember how I said Mewtwo is not in this game?Well here it is...Smash logo trailer with Mewtwo and Snake.Look Mewtwo stands upright now it should make it a lot stronger"Cue Newcomer trailer.Screen fades out to black direct ends...A flash on the screen appears,SSBU logo with a release date for half a second OK now its over.[\spoiler]

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
its been a long and bumpy road but we are almost at the end with all these leaks and pictures of the day mewtwo is still alive its been fun and smash 4 looks like ti could be the best smash brothers ever even if it turns to the worst and mewtwo is not playble being on tis fourm has made me love smash brothers and be super hyped cant wait to play as mewtwo in ssb4

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

"Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai!!"

Here's hoping to an exciting and fufilling last few weeks guys. We're so close and we've come so far since SSB4 was announced. I can only hope Sakurai has seen how much we care for this unique, powerful, and extremely hyped out character. The fans have done their part, now it's time for Sakurai to play his hand. We can only hope he pulls through and makes this....well...perhaps the greatest game the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen

"Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai!!"

Here's hoping to an exciting and fufilling last few weeks guys. We're so close and we've come so far since SSB4 was announced. I can only hope Sakurai has seen how much we care for this unique, powerful, and extremely hyped out character. The fans have done their part, now it's time for Sakurai to play his hand. We can only hope he pulls through and makes this....well...perhaps the greatest game the world has ever seen.[/quote]

Wow I love this picture it´s awesome!!!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That means very little.
Start lowering your expectations slowly to be safe. Unless you want a sudden heart attack next month.
Still inclining towards fake. I'm fine with the roster as is, but it's those few little touches that make the hype worth the heart attack.

Hm it looks like bad for Mewtwo :(((.
If Masterlink knew the real roster all along and faked the Shulk pictures to protect his source, the DLC will be right with Wolf, Ice Climber, Lucas+Snake. And there is no way for Mewtwo coming back without hacking. =((((((((((((((

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69920715?page=26
Here's GFAQS again, trying to troll us.

God.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
for the guys giving up on mewtwo because of the leak.

What have you guys ben smoking?

For one the leakers of the photos said that some stupid guy added the dlc part and has nothing to due with it (i believe this is located in the shulk support thread of this statement located.)

And plus doesn't bower jr shut up the pokemon is banned from going above mario reps detractors? due to 7 mario reps (dr mario too.)

And if you look at the leak photo, roster icons get rearranged as you unlock characters. for this case add mewtwo then simply move DHD or ROB next to ness.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Absolute best-case scenario: Mewtwo, Ridley, Ganondorf, maybe Bandana Dee and/or K. Rool are revealed in a single massive trailer in the near future, abusing or explicitly disconfirming Jigglypuff in the process.

Worst-case scenario: Only two of the above are revealed, but Jigglypuff is both confirmed and unmolested during the trailer.

We really do need less creampuff dominance, guys. :p

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Tomorrow is going to be either Mewtwo(Mewtwo Monday!) Or Snake(Kojimas Birthday)please samurai.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm hoping tomorrow Nintendo announces a normal direct or a smash direct then we can start predicting who will be announced like everyone from the leak.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I will be fairly disappointed if Mewtwo is not in. That would just be a very blind move from Sakurai.
Or Game Freak, since apparently they have more say in what Pokemon are chosen than Sakurai himself. And I really, REALLY doubt Mewtwo'd be cut due to time constraints this go around.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo's New and Improved Moveset

Specials

Neutral B: Shadow Ball- 21% Max with slightly weaker knockback, however, the shadowy presence on his hand remains and powers up his Forward Air's damage and knockback slightly, but fades after 20 seconds.

Side B: Psychic- 10% Causes the opponent to be suspended midair and vulnerable to a follow up attack. Improved variant of Confusion.

Down B: Recover- After a brief start-up (about one second), Mewtwo begins healing 3% every second for up to 10 seconds (30% possible, but hard to pull off. Better in Free For Alls)

Up B: Teleport- Same as in Project M

Changed Neutral Attacks
  • Neutral Attack - Mewtwo reaches its arm out, blasting out a bit of shadow energy which then leads into a stream. The blasts are fixed to combo more easily compared to Melee. Finishes with a strong psychic push. Decent knockback. 6% damage, then 2% or 1% randomly until the finisher, which deals 6% as well.
  • Forward Tilt - Mewtwo releases a quick psychic slash. 10% damage. (Psycho Cut)
  • Dash Attack - Mewtwo holds its arms out while sliding, inflicting damage with psychic energy. 9% when it comes out, 7% during the rest of the attack.
Changed Smashes
  • Up Smash - Mewtwo holds its palm up, releasing a storm of dark swirls that hit multiple times, 15% uncharged, 20% fully charged if all strikes connect (Redesigned to look similar to Dark Pulse)
  • Down Smash - Mewtwo hits downward with psychic energy. DOES NOT cause knockback this time, but rather, stuns the opponent in place. Good for follow ups. 15% uncharged, 20% fully. (Disable)
Changed Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial - Mewtwo releases a long lasting shock out of its body, draws the opponent inwards, but does not combo like in Melee. Has great knockback and is way more visually appealing 12% damage if shocked. (Psyshock)
  • Forward Aerial - Mewtwo slashes forward with shadow energy. High vertical knockback, useful for juggling, and KOs, but mediocre range. It's damage and knockback is slightly increased if Shadow Ball is fully charged. (Shadow Claw)
  • Down Aerial - Mewtwo hovers in place briefly then shoots a psychic wave downwards. Can Meteor Smash. 16% damage.

Final Smash
Mega Evolution
Psystrike: Mewtwo-Y flies into the air and laughs menacingly upon doing so. He then begins glowing before releasing a purple, expanding pulse that spreads over the stage. Very similar to Tabuu's off waves, but the difference is that there is only one shockwave. He then lands, reverting back to normal in the process. KO's when above the 20% line.

If you have any good suggestions please let me know and I will add them. Do note that the attacks I didn't list are, as of yet, unchanged.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Mewtwo's New and Improved Moveset

Specials

Neutral B: Shadow Ball- 21% Max with slightly weaker knockback, however, the shadowy presence on his hand remains and powers up his Forward Air's damage and knockback slightly, but fades after 20 seconds.

Side B: Psychic- 10% Causes the opponent to be suspended midair and vulnerable to a follow up attack. Improved variant of Confusion.

Down B: Recover- After a brief start-up (about one second), Mewtwo begins healing 3% every second for up to 10 seconds (30% possible, but hard to pull off. Better in Free For Alls)

Up B: Teleport- Same as in Project M

Changed Neutral Attacks
  • Neutral Attack - Mewtwo reaches its arm out, blasting out a bit of shadow energy which then leads into a stream. The blasts are fixed to combo more easily compared to Melee. Finishes with a strong psychic push. Decent knockback. 6% damage, then 2% or 1% randomly until the finisher, which deals 6% as well.
  • Forward Tilt - Mewtwo releases a quick psychic slash. 10% damage. (Psycho Cut)
  • Dash Attack - Mewtwo holds its arms out while sliding, inflicting damage with psychic energy. 9% when it comes out, 7% during the rest of the attack.
Changed Smashes
  • Up Smash - Mewtwo holds its palm up, releasing a storm of dark swirls that hit multiple times, 15% uncharged, 20% fully charged if all strikes connect (Redesigned to look similar to Dark Pulse)
  • Down Smash - Mewtwo hits downward with psychic energy. DOES NOT cause knockback this time, but rather, stuns the opponent in place. Good for follow ups. 15% uncharged, 20% fully. (Disable)
Changed Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial - Mewtwo releases a long lasting shock out of its body, draws the opponent inwards, but does not combo like in Melee. Has great knockback and is way more visually appealing 12% damage if shocked. (Psyshock)
  • Forward Aerial - Mewtwo slashes forward with shadow energy. High vertical knockback, useful for combos, juggling, and KOs, but mediocre range. It's damage and knockback is slightly increased if Shadow Ball is fully charged. (Shadow Claw)
  • Down Aerial - Mewtwo hovers in place briefly then shoots a psychic wave downwards. Can Meteor Smash. 16% damage.

Final Smash
Psystrike: Mewtwo flies into the air and laughs menacingly upon doing so. He then begins glowing before releasing a purple, expanding pulse that spreads over the stage. Very similar to Tabuu's off waves, but the difference is that there is only one shockwave.
If you have any good suggestions please let me know and I will add them. Do note that the attacks I didn't list are, as of yet, unchanged.
...So as not to open up a certain can of worms regarding Mewtwo and contact moves again, I'll just point out that his Final Smash should be assumed to be Mega Evolution, just to cover the bases. :ohwell:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Please don't take any "leak" before the 7th without a grain of salt. The games are not out yet and Nintendo is vicious with regards to in-house leakers. Nobody save for Sakurai himself and possibly the devs working on the game has any reason to know anything. :facepalm:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom