• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Face124's Brawl Manliness tier list v1.0

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If Marth is going to be moved AT ALL, I suggest that it better not be anywhere higher than womanly. It can't be.

And this picture says why. He doesn't even LOOK like he's any less of a princess.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Back from an afternoon nap...
And thanks but please, suggest where Marth should be moved, I'm not too sure. Perhaps WT, but the whole tiara brushing hair thing keeps him below Olimar at most for me.
Oh come on man, you can at least put him in the neutral tier... Aretha Franklin, I need your help! *starts humming RESPECT*... erm...
If Marth is going to be moved AT ALL, I suggest that it better not be anywhere higher than womanly. It can't be.
That's only because you're forcing that vision on us with your vile imagery of persuasiveness! burn the witch- errm...

:034:

Smash Hero
Hmm... Intresting. Well, power suit Samus Has... a power suite and rockets and missiles, I think that dos make a difference, and also, ZSS has a visible ponytail, which could be said not to be manly. I think there would be a lot of argument if ZSS was put too high. I will move them up though, good argument.
Thanks bro :D

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
Wait...you said that you base some of this off players?
The pit boards is full of some of the nicest people I know.

3rd Ice Climber

Smash Cadet
Climbin' For eggplants in the icy suburbs of MD
Im OK with where Toon Link stand,BUT i want him to be higher!So...
Why he shoukd go up:

STICKS HIS SWORD THOUGH YOUR SKULL!!+9 Manly points
He controls THE ****ING WIND WITH A STICK +5 Manly points
Too manly for normal eyes +4 Manly points
One of his taunts makes him look around and thinks:THIS PLACE IS NOT MANLY ENOUGHT FOR ME!! +5 man points

He breaks all the rules so he can still be cell-shaded in brawl,cuz hes too manly for any other look +7 points
HE RIDES IN A ****ING TALKING BOAT!!I DONT SEE SNAKE WITH A TALKING BOAT! +8 manly points

He just chooses to look like a kid so you lose even MORE dignity when he kills you +7 points
When he pants after his down taunt,hes not tired,hes just drinking your fear +4 man points

Soo....WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS MANLYNESS?!?!

ITS OVER 90,000!!!!!!!!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
If your hair got in your eyes you wouldn't brush it out of the way? Also he's just being PRACTICAL with the tiara, or else his hair would be all over the place. Not to mention, it was originally his sister's who was killed. Marth kept it for good luck and to remember his sister.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
"Marth even fought in wars. He didn't even have an army to fight with him, But he battled his way forward, He found new enemies to fight at his side, And in the end, he was able to reunite the war-torn land of Altea"

-Mei Ling, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
LAMO, King Dedede isn't top tier?!? I thought he get's all the girls, lol. And Captain Falcon has shiny nipples so he doesn't count. =P

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I am just tired of every last manliness tier on the planet automatically putting Pit at the bottom.

*high pitched voice*
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
Yeah, very manly. He breaks every rule of the "Brawl like a Man" ruleset: he spams, his balls haven't dropped, he has wings, very slender body, and a boy-toy like face.

And Marth, um, fully agreed.
Translated downtaunt: "Hey everyone, look at me!" :laugh:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know what?

I think the next person that makes a Manliness Tier List should be executed.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Black Plague >>> The Furious Robot has Left
I can't deny I rofl'd at that.

Altrox has gained many humour points, plus the fact he has an epic Jericho sig.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
"Marth even fought in wars. He didn't even have an army to fight with him, But he battled his way forward, He found new enemies to fight at his side, And in the end, he was able to reunite the war-torn land of Altea"

-Mei Ling, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Uhhh...no. I'm pretty sure it's more like you're forced to carry him around in your team. Trust me. In the original FE, he was nowhere near the strongest character on your team, and it was nearly impossible for him to ever be so. He was beat out by much more manly characters, generally. But instead of letting one other guy step in to do all the amazing stuff, you were forced to keep him in and take up space. I would dig deeper into that, but if you've ever played the game, you understand.

I almost think he just has attention issues. Like someone else said about his down-taunt. He's basically just screaming "Hey! Look at me!" Probably something that came from his entire family dying or whatever. Either way, he's still a pansy.

Fun fact: if you search Marth on photobucket and scroll through a few pages, this is what you find.

Oh, and yes. I do actually use and like Marth, so no johns. :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
*Sigh* It always comes down to Marth and Pit, doesn't it. Neither of them are the least manly characters in the game. Most of the females, except Samus and maybe Sheik are more manly than either, and I personally would put Marth over Sheik. And all of the arguments against Pit are valid against Ness. Prepubescent? Check. Annoying projectile? Check. Higher voice? Check again.

*Sigh* *Is tired of making the same arguments in these threads, but can't help it.*

Also, let it never be said that anyone other than Ganondorf hits like a bus full of fat people. I heard someone say this about Dedede before. No. Only Ganon. That is all.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why... do... people... take... this... s***... seriously?

*Loads Tec. 9*

:mad:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I can't deny I rofl'd at that.

Altrox has gained many humour points, plus the fact he has an epic Jericho sig.
My sig explains why Chris Jericho plays melee. Because all the filthy, lying hypocrites expect a fair balanced game of smash, but then they use Metaknight, and that disgusts him. This also gives us reason to believe that HBK plays Metaknight in Brawl, though it isn't proven.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Translated downtaunt: "Hey everyone, look at me!"
Quite litteraly, You are WRONG. It's most ACCURATE translation to date ( I've got this from two professors of foreign language and my korean friend who knows japanese ) IS; 'Everyone, please watch OVER me.' Win me, Fail you. In case you don't know the difference between being watched over and being an attention ... uhh, hog, you need to go back to elementary.

If your hair got in your eyes you wouldn't brush it out of the way? Also he's just being PRACTICAL with the tiara, or else his hair would be all over the place. Not to mention, it was originally his sister's who was killed. Marth kept it for good luck and to remember his sister.
Thanks steel. :D

btw, there is no character named Martha in Brawl.
Most definetly. I would like to state there is no one in Brawl named Marth either. It should be Marusu. His Japanese name was better butter. :D

Swordplay should not be considered unmanly, it simply means that the character spent years focusing on weapon play rather than martial arts. True, fighting with fists is a bit manlier, however skillfuly using a blade to cut your foes to ribbons is still far manlier than using any sort of projectile. Kenshin used his sword many times to stop bullets and even cannonballs, which is pretty **** manly. I think refusing to use a ranged weapon (even a charging attack like Ike's or the space animals) should say volumes about Marth's honor and manliness.

And as far as looks go, I can see where Marth and Kenshin could be considered unmanly at a glance, but remember, in their respective times well kept long hair on a man was considered a symbol of status at times. Most swordsmen kept their hair long, as defeat by another usually ended with the loser's hair being sliced off, to their dishonor.
Hell yes! At least you can remember what you're talking about, keep your head straight! Ruroni Kenshin, unfortunately toonami cancelled it... It speaks VOLUUUUMES. Thanks!

You know what?

I think the next person that makes a Manliness Tier List should be executed.
The next one, not this one. :D

|RK|

Smash Marketer
This tier list disappoints me.

Seems no one has respect for a Pink MALE called Kirby

Even though no one else has destroyed a battleship single handed

Your tier list sucks.

Badly.

:lucario:

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
Watch this youtube series, you'll get a better idea of a good man tier list:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEHUPkJ7lE&feature=channel
Just because he made a series on it does not mean he knows what he is talking about, nor does it mean he is official, nor does it mean that his opinion is any better Than (Or Has any authority over) yours. His Videos are just as good as this list, seeing as it is OPIONATED, He has no reason to be regarded as more official or as a leader just because he got to the idea first.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
A wee bit off topic, but

Coming from one Kenshin fan to another, what exactly makes Himura unmanly? From your quote, it would seem his speed, sword and looks. (Note: these arguments can be leveled in Marth's favor as well.)

Personally, I don't see anything unmanly about being fast (in fact, it is one of the Captain's biggest assets), in the SSE cutscenes, both Marth and Ike are able to keep up with MK flying, and Ike and MK are (rightfully so) considered manly, however speedy they are.

Swordplay should not be considered unmanly, it simply means that the character spent years focusing on weapon play rather than martial arts. True, fighting with fists is a bit manlier, however skillfuly using a blade to cut your foes to ribbons is still far manlier than using any sort of projectile. Kenshin used his sword many times to stop bullets and even cannonballs, which is pretty **** manly. I think refusing to use a ranged weapon (even a charging attack like Ike's or the space animals) should say volumes about Marth's honor and manliness.

And as far as looks go, I can see where Marth and Kenshin could be considered unmanly at a glance, but remember, in their respective times well kept long hair on a man was considered a symbol of status at times. Most swordsmen kept their hair long, as defeat by another usually ended with the loser's hair being sliced off, to their dishonor.

Sorry, I was bored and felt like talking.
Ok you looked at my post wrong and/or I wasn't clear enough.XD

Swrods, speed all that is the plus/manlyiness. Though since it is a sword and neither of them can do well at all with out it,it only gives them around half the manly points it normally would.

Their feminine personality (I'm playiing with the spelling of it until someone corrects me lol)
Kenshin's part time, Marth's seemingly all the time also takes away from their inhuman skills man points.

Another maybe even better comparison for Marth is to George de Sande from G-gundam. He's a galliant chivelrous knight. Yet another would be Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. But even though they are kinda manly, they more give off a "pretty boy" vibe rather than the Manly man characters such as Argo Gulski or the Canadian guy from G-gundam or Kuwubara and or Toguro of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Your tier list sucks.

Badly.

Kirby's a literal freakin baby!! Are you serious?! O_o;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He can eat you. Then he will get a hat that resembles your face.

That is totally manly.
You win quote of the month today. Seriously that was awesome, I didn't even think of that and I main Kirby. XD

Also lol, at this thread getting two stars.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
Hmm, did you read the title? This is a manliness tier list, and they are certainly not manly. Maybe back up your points next time, it tends to make a better argument.
Pit killed Medusa before even "developing", Imagine what he could pull off later.

He also fought the GRIM REAPER regularly in his games.

He has wings. Which means he can fly. Which means he can access a whole set of area that you can't. You wish you knew what he was doing up there in the sky.

He was in solitary for 15 years. And he is still sane. Any normal human would probably go mad with nobody but himself for 15 years. But not Pit.

Pit has a Bow, and he has the mental ability to CONTROL THE PATH OF HIS ARROWS.

If He doesn't feel like using his bow, He decides to break it in half and use twin daggers to fight you.

He has a robe. And since you used "Gay" as an opposition to manliness, Captain Falcon has a JUMPSUIT. Robes>Jumpsuits in terms of manliness.

As I said earlier, the Pit Boards is full of nice people, Unlike some other boards. If you critique this, and this reason aswell, I put this reason because you have "Players" as a reason for your tier list.

_________
And for Marth, I will say it again:

Not to mention the Tiara, which was a emblem of his Sisters death. He wore it to his wars, and I do mean HIS wars, not his "army's" wars. see above quote.

Like I said, "Players" is part of your reasoning, Than take a good look at some Mew2king, Azen, and , the world champion of Super Smash Bros. Melee himself, Sephirothken.

Looks? Lets take a look at some of Marth's pictures I found on photobucket.

^sorry I couldn't find a bigger one

__

Hope You like my reasons.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Guys, this is based on their brawl appearance. I mean, Everyone in Smash 64 was pretty **** manly except for certain pink balls of fluff, then Melee came and added a factor of un-manly-ness with Marth, Peach and other characters everyone knows while some very manly characters like Falcon and Ganon made their place in the game. Hell, I do remember Link (played correctly, IE not just pressing Up+B) being manly as well.

You don't take their original games where they came from. Then certain characters would get more manly while other would go down even more.
Before we go any farther, are we going to follow what ^ said or use anything and everything?

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Yes, but why is it in his eyes? Because he obviously brushes it, sort of. either way, it is a very womanly gesture, and no amount of practicality can change that.

Look at that posture as well. Yuck! He will be moved up though. Oh and thanks Steel2nd, for being one of the only ones who isn't rude in conveying points. Manliness points for you too.

This looks disturbingly familiar.

btw, there is no character named Martha in Brawl.
Yeh, the idea sprung to my mind, then I remembered your second one. But no johns, yours was the original.

Yes there is not, but who doesn't want to live up to immature little internet memes?

Your tier list sucks.

Badly.

Seriously, I don't need that, lets see you make a better? Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't, but either way, there would be people that disagree with you, but that doesn't make it a bad list.

and anyway, maybe calm down on the exaggerations? Kirby did not destroy a battle ship single handedly, the others distracted it, and he dove through it on his warp star. However, his whole eating them and becoming like their face is manly, I'll make some changes.

Also, i'm going to have to move Marth up, but he can never move out of WT, simply because... well.... he is womanly.

Heres one thing that changes my mind:

He has more or less the same cape as Ganondorf. Ganondorf's cape is manly and badass. So, in order to defend Ganondorf's placement, Marth must be moved up.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Just because he made a series on it does not mean he knows what he is talking about, nor does it mean he is official, nor does it mean that his opinion is any better Than (Or Has any authority over) yours. His Videos are just as good as this list, seeing as it is OPIONATED, He has no reason to be regarded as more official or as a leader just because he got to the idea first.
He puts alot of work into his man tier and gives good enough reasons of his placements and how he places people for me to respect his opinion. Also the series is very funny and well filmed, bonus points for that.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Why did you ignore all of my reasons? jerk.
Go back to the main page and respect the quote he put up from someone else about how all this is determined by Brawl appearance, not other games. Jerk.

If this was about other games, then I also would have argued the fact about ICs that they would solely (you only controlled one IC in their game) defeat yetis and polar bears, and take back food from pterodactyls; all while climbing up a giant mountain. But I didn't argue it because I knew that this was about BRAWL appearance.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Truance on your face. xD

Okay, I'm not saying that tiers like this are bad, they're not good either. It promotes spamiddyspam and arguments that you can store in a closet for years until the apocolypse happens, then they come out and turn into a special zombie and kick yer rear end.

It's all in perception, if we somehow found a way to mathematically factor in all the factors and a list that is somehow not opinionated based on absolute nothingness, I would say that would be good. But UNTIL then, we have no way of measuring such metaphysical concepts (how ever many there are, in this case, too many) of what is manliness based on mathematics. Until we become like the Chozo or the Doctor Who race people, I'm saying that we cannot definetly rank anything on metaphysical concepts period without dispute or infactual generalizations/opinionations etc.

It's a game, and we have no idea what the big N had in mind when they made these games or the characters in them. who knows? there might be a practical or logical explanation out there somewhere that might completely destroy this list. But, otherwise, I'm to say impossibleness to be found. That's just one of the many factors that rules these impossible for now. Remember, nothing is impossible. If you're arguing for the sake that many people will come along and they'll get 'convoluted' reasonings on this list etc etc. yadda yaddie yeedle, don't bother. Like The Beatles song; Let It Be.

:bee:
Know that the intelligent enough people will stop arguing when this is learned.
For now, we charge into a wall of impossible quantum physics... or something like that. For now, stop arguing. That is all. Granted I can't remember what I even just said, HEY! LISTEN, HEY!
:rolleyes:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I am not talking about SSE. I am talking about the actual Kirby games in which he destroyed Meta-Knight's battleship by himself. He kills anybody in his way, even if they're just walking. He went on an adventure to space, committing genocide and saving the universe to get back his cake. In the actual games, when he swallows you, you don't come out. You die. If he spits you out, you explode into a wall. If he decides he wants you back, you're his slave, working for him against everyone you used to love. Know where footstool jumping came from? Kirby jumping on his Helpers. Kirby can perform the Falcon Punch, fly infinitely, and he has punched through his planet before. Through a rock the same size as him. That's like be punching through a human and crushing the Earth. WITH MY BARE HANDS. He has engaged in a Samurai duel with Meta-Knight, he never trains but always beats him. He has fought masses of dark matter, killed an eyeball (a giant bleeding eyeball at that), destroyed Metroids for Samus, and has a pretty sexy Cowboy Hat. And top hat. The ladies all love Kirby and would hug him if he existed. Oh, and he's also survived black holes. And he has a Star Chariot. King Dedede doesn't even have a chariot.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Zero-Two02.JPG

And it's bigger than him. He can fly at five times the speed of sound (Mach 5, Jet Kirby) and in the games, he doesn't just COPY your move. Nope, he eats you and gets more powers than you could think of. SSB only gives him one move, his games gives him his opponents moves PLUS skills they never had. If they gave Kirby his full power in SSB, he'd just have to eat you and you'd die. He gets more ladies than Captain Falcon. He can hit with a Hammer at high speeds, or swing it for an uppercut. He can generate wind, electricity, fire, water, ice, whatever. And he can crush people by slamming down on them as a stone. Oh, and Ghost Kirby. He can possess you, leaving your body to take any and all harm while he tricks your family and friends into hating you forever. If you cross Kirby, you are dead. And he can get a beard from Snake. He kills without remorse and with a smile on his face. Can YOU kill people with an Umbrella? Can YOU turn into a giant cyclone? I don't think so.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
HEY! LISTEN, HEY!
:rolleyes:
Shut up Navi. ;>.>

This is for fun. If people take this too serious, then they a problem.

I am not talking about SSE. I am talking about the actual Kirby games in which he destroyed Meta-Knight's battleship by himself. He kills anybody in his way, even if they're just walking. He went on an adventure to space, committing genocide and saving the universe to get back his cake. In the actual games, when he swallows you, you don't come out. You die. If he spits you out, you explode into a wall. If he decides he wants you back, you're his slave, working for him against everyone you used to love. Know where footstool jumping came from? Kirby jumping on his Helpers. Kirby can perform the Falcon Punch, fly infinitely, and he has punched through his planet before. Through a rock the same size as him. That's like be punching through a human and crushing the Earth. WITH MY BARE HANDS. He has engaged in a Samurai duel with Meta-Knight, he never trains but always beats him. He has fought masses of dark matter, killed an eyeball (a giant bleeding eyeball at that), destroyed Metroids for Samus, and has a pretty sexy Cowboy Hat. And top hat. The ladies all love Kirby and would hug him if he existed. Oh, and he's also survived black holes. And he has a Star Chariot. King Dedede doesn't even have a chariot.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Zero-Two02.JPG

And it's bigger than him. He can fly at five times the speed of sound (Mach 5, Jet Kirby) and in the games, he doesn't just COPY your move. Nope, he eats you and gets more powers than you could think of. SSB only gives him one move, his games gives him his opponents moves PLUS skills they never had. If they gave Kirby his full power in SSB, he'd just have to eat you and you'd die. He gets more ladies than Captain Falcon. He can hit with a Hammer at high speeds, or swing it for an uppercut. He can generate wind, electricity, fire, water, ice, whatever. And he can crush people by slamming down on them as a stone. Oh, and Ghost Kirby. He can possess you, leaving your body to take any and all harm while he tricks your family and friends into hating you forever. If you cross Kirby, you are dead. And he can get a beard from Snake. He kills without remorse and with a smile on his face. Can YOU kill people with an Umbrella? Can YOU turn into a giant cyclone? I don't think so.
lrn2read

Everyting outside oF Brawl DOES NOT COUNT. lol

Top Bottom