• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fabian presents: Pizza! tournament Feb 24th

araknophobik

Smash Master
Im hosting a tournament. all are invited. This is strictly a melee tournament, but if time permits, we can throw a brawl singles tournament. There will be no brawl playing during melee though, only after melee singles can brawl be played.

Rules
-MLG Rules (8 min, 4 stock, items on...joking!, you know the rules).
-BYOC
-Neutral Stages CAN be banned
-Wobbling IS banned
-Double Elimination
-Finals best 3of5

sign-ups
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5 a person)
Pot: 60/30/10

Address:
1477 E. Foothill Blvd.
Upland, Ca 91786

Time:
sign-ups start at 10:30
Doubles: 11:00am
Singles: when doubles ends

Description:
This is a pizza parlor called "Auge's Pizza Place" and it is located 5-10 West of where S&C tournaments are. I am hopeing to have 6 set-ups, i already have 2 and possibly 3 more by tomorow. The venue is about the same size of S&C, so if there's a large turnout it might get alittle crowded. Parking is very easy to find since there's one giant parking lot outside. Unlike S&C and such, there WILL NOT be a venue fee, all money will go towards the pot.

Whats the catch?

Basically I talked to the owner's of the place and they agreed to let me host it in their restaurant because it brings in clients. Also they will be selling medium (bigger than pizza hut mediums, almost large) pizza's for $5 and selling breadsticks for $1. Simply put, instead of leaving during brackets to go get mcdonalds and possibly holding up the tournament, please repay the hospitality of these people and buy some great italian food from them at a very affordable price.
Also, instead of driving to denny's or w/e after the tournament we could just eat here, but im just throwing that out there.

if you have any questions regarding the tournament or directions the day of:
fone #: 909 380 2625
im more likely to respond to a text message over a fone call/aim so if you can text me go for it but if you must then call i suppose
aim: vihuelaplayer

Directions
if you're too lazy to mapquest/google map it, then:
take the 210 east
get off on euclid and go south
when you reach foothill, make a left turn (east)
then when you reach grove, it should be on your lefthand side
or
take the 10 east
exit euclid and head north
make a right on foothill
when you get to grove it should be on your lefthand side
or
take the 60east
exit grove
go north all the way up to foothill
when you reach foothill make a left

THIS IS LOCATED NEXT TO A WESTWOOD COLLEGE, SO IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT LOOK FOR A WESTWOOD COLLEGE AND PARK ITS IN THE SAME PARKING LOT

araknophobik

Smash Master
being that the chapman tourny is on the 16th, i will be hosting this one on the 17th
if people want to play some friendly's in brawl then thats fine by me, as long as it takes place after the tournament. I will not allow brawl to take up tournament time. I agree with P

=]

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm coming to this just to **** sixth sense in a million money matches

my falcon v your anything
my marth v your anything
my sheik v your anything

LuCKy

Smash Master
ill mm with my falcon lol but i gotta play a cool 20 minutes of melee first lol last time brawl messed me up hard but after playing for 20 minutes i was ****** hard lol

araknophobik

Smash Master
adam has brought to my attention champ is holding a brawl tourny on the same day
basically, should i postpone the date to next sunday?
or should i leave it for this sunday?
i hear interest for this sundy but if more people are willing to come next week i'll postpone the date
let me know ASAP

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you could do it next Sunday, that would be awesome. I was going to be in Rancho next Saturday, so I could just spend the night there and just drive like 10 minutes to the tourney.

Charoo

Smash Champion
adam has brought to my attention champ is holding a brawl tourny on the same day
basically, should i postpone the date to next sunday?
or should i leave it for this sunday?
i hear interest for this sundy but if more people are willing to come next week i'll postpone the date
let me know ASAP
sorry fabian. I didn't know you were havign a tourney on the same day too haha. If I knew this earlier then I would change my date like what I did due to chapman. Sorry again

araknophobik

Smash Master
date changed.
no problem champ, i don't mind postponing i just wish people would've spoken up sooner >_< if anyone see's a tournament going on on the 24th, be like ay **** you fabian already hosting a tourny

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
who's good that's going to this that i like that wants to team with me?

sixth sense? unless i get someone i like a little more or is a little better or is both. then i pick them.

kira?

edit: mike haze come to this for team pup n suds, and watch my marth **** your face in the night before (no homo)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah if someone from 818 goes i'll team with you, or if somebody wants to let me craash at their pad after chapman, i'll give someone gas to take me home sunday

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
wouldn't sunday be the day after UCLA 5? ack! too many good tournaments so close together. anyway, i want to make it to this which ever weekend it will be at

araknophobik

Smash Master
this is the sunday after chapman
ucla V is in march

and blitz:
they put melee, the game that gave us so many years of fun, on the laggy tv at the last chapman. it wasn't right to treat such a great game like that =[

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
i'm pretty busy sunday, but i want to make it to this tournament, if only for doubles. if it starts before 12 I can probably make the doubles entry.

Top Bottom