• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-zero For Wii??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viox

Smash Apprentice
Haha F-Zero oh that game was crazy, i sold about 7 games for about £3 each just to buy that game on release. Very good game, as for F-Zero on the wii... i don't think it's likely to happen.

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
Why not? It seems like something Nintendo is likely to do. A lot of people want it, and F-Zero is still a pretty successful franchise. All the more so since Falcon's appearance in Smash Bros.

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
Mario Kart can handle 12 people online around the world and I've never had much lag. I tink that if they could do it with mario kart they could do it with F-Zero

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well, they could sacrifice graphics for the online though. They did that with F Zero X (or GX, i can't recall).
The game wasn't the best looking of all, but you could go at insane speeds on long winding tracks with 30 racers. Although since its Wi Fi...

Slasherx

Smash Ace
If they make it for the wii, then they better not put any Mario related stuff in it.
Seriously he's taking over the game world!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Well, they could sacrifice graphics for the online though. They did that with F Zero X (or GX, i can't recall).
The game wasn't the best looking of all, but you could go at insane speeds on long winding tracks with 30 racers. Although since its Wi Fi...
Graphics do not affect the smoothness and consistency of online play. Graphics were sacrificed in F-Zero X so that it could support 60 frames per second (which is a graphics improvement anyway).

chivesontheweb

Smash Cadet
I would really like F-Zero on Wii. Basically beef up the online mode from MKWii and plug it into F-Zero and I think it would be fine. Hopefully they would add a bigger available friend roster and casual, non-ranked matches, but overall MKWii did online very well.

I'd also like to see Wii Wheel support. Sure, a lot of people would avoid this control setup because they prefer a gamepad/joystick but it's Wii. You basically would have to incorporate the Wii Wheel into any big name Nintendo racing title. I would probably use the Wii Wheel, too, or at least try.

Last thing I have to say is if this game will be made. F-Zero has been on all Nintendo home consoles since SNES so it would make sense to have it on Wii. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, though. All we can do is hope this game does get made because it would be most awesome.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Melee had more Mario characters than Brawl, tho...
He's right. The video game franchise with the most playable characters in Brawl was Pokemon.

Back on Topic: What we need is a good F-Zero game on the Wii. Graphics and music are nice, but it's the gameplay that counts. Like the original F-Zero.

brawl_n00b

Smash Rookie
F-Zero for the Wii, sounds good to me but they should bring back songs from the older f-zero games, I didnt really like the soundtrack in GX except the covers of Mute City and Big Blue. They also should tone down the story mode a little bit and make it slightly easier than GX's story mode because it made me want to throw the controller at the screen on the higher difficulties. SHOW ME YA MOVES NINTENDO!!

will.d

Smash Rookie
They have to. They can't stop now. That with the Wii Wheel would be awesome. They ahve made an F-zero game for nearly other system, so I don't see why they wouldn't make one for the Wii.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I saw an F-Zero Game in an Arcade... if they make a Wii version like that, then in the next SSB game, Captain Falcon will be boosted up the tier list because they'll have to improve his character because of the popularity of the F-Zero Game. It was that good. :p

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
Controls; Isn't FZero too hardcore to use motion control? How would you control it?
I think this was discussed earlier in the thread. General concensus was that if the control scheme was like Mario Kart Wii everything would be okay. With the nunchuk controls are almost the same as using a GameCube controller, and everything was fine with F-Zero GX. I think it could be something with the joystick and possibly motion control for drifting and sliding.

Back on Topic: What we need is a good F-Zero game on the Wii. Graphics and music are nice, but it's the gameplay that counts. Like the original F-Zero.
Wasn't the original game all about showing off the SNES' graphics and music? Doesn't matter, the whole game was a marvel of science and engineering.

I saw an F-Zero Game in an Arcade... if they make a Wii version like that, then in the next SSB game, Captain Falcon will be boosted up the tier list because they'll have to improve his character because of the popularity of the F-Zero Game. It was that good. :p
They already made a home version like that, it was F-Zero GX. Also don't forget to post where you saw that machine in the F-Zero AX Locations thread.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Nintendo has no idea were characters will fall as far as balance is concerned when they make a Smash Bros game. Sakurai thought that Brawl was completely balanced.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero for the Wii, sounds good to me but they should bring back songs from the older f-zero games, I didnt really like the soundtrack in GX except the covers of Mute City and Big Blue. They also should tone down the story mode a little bit and make it slightly easier than GX's story mode because it made me want to throw the controller at the screen on the higher difficulties. SHOW ME YA MOVES NINTENDO!!
I didnt play the older part of the series, but in my opinion, the soundtrack of F-Zero GX was awesome :) .

I doubt there will be an F-Zero for Wii though, its just the absolute contrast to their "casual concept".
Another problem is that I indeed think that they couldnt handle the lag - if you compare it with Mario Kart, you should realize that there is also lag, but not too much interaction between the drivers, so you dont notice it often (the most Items hit automatically on MKW). In F-Zero, you have a track full of drivers, a high speed and you are able to attack your opponent directly ! I wonder if you have a realistic chance to hit your opponent in a way you want it if there is a noticable button lag..

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
30 players could be possible.

Look at MOHH2's 32 player multiplayer on Wii. Sure there's lag, but that's true for all Nintendo Wifi games.

SolidLegend

Smash Rookie
30 players could be possible.

Look at MOHH2's 32 player multiplayer on Wii. Sure there's lag, but that's true for all Nintendo Wifi games.
30 players! I wouldn't do that if I was in control of Nintendo. If they have 30 players, that would cause the game to run slower. Not so much the Wifi/online, but the game it self. It may also cause it to use less disc space. To do that, they have to create less great graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom