• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f-tilt> USmash on a platform

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZCBxAlp8s

*How to read the charts*
Lets say that you want to USmash tipper MK and kill him. Well normally you would have to get him to about 90% and then KO him. Now lets say you were standing on the side platform on Battlefield. 15 - 90 = 75
MK can be KO'd on the side platform at 75%. Now lets say you were on the top platform. 30 - 90 = 60
You can now KO him at 60%.

Battlefield

Smashville

Yoshi's Island

Delfino Plaza

Pokemon Stadium 1

Halberd

Castle Siege

Green Greens

Rainbow Cruise

Lylat Cruise

Brinstar

Norfair

There, all done. I will probably get around to finishing the transformations of a stage, but I will probably have to take those pictures myself. Yaaaaaay.... -_-

Judo777

Smash Master
dude that situation is just not ever gonna happen. why be on the plat with sheik when you can be below shield poking her horrible shield?

saviorslegacy

You can perform a rising Uair and auto cancel it so that it true combos into f-tilt at low percents and since killing on a platform can be down at like 60% it true combos out of a f-tilt lock on more people than just spacies and Zelda characters.
I've already done it. I used uthorw to put them on BF's top platform and then done the Uair thingy.
If you are feeling lucky you can land with a Nair onto a platform hitting the foe and following up with f-tilt.

Final verdict is......
If you wait for this to just happen it never will, you need to make it happen aka, you really can't abuse this.

ps The Metroid stages can pressure the foe onto the top platforms.

Judo777

Smash Master
You can perform a rising Uair and auto cancel it so that it true combos into f-tilt at low percents and since killing on a platform can be down at like 60% it true combos out of a f-tilt lock on more people than just spacies and Zelda characters.
I've already done it. I used uthorw to put them on BF's top platform and then done the Uair thingy.
If you are feeling lucky you can land with a Nair onto a platform hitting the foe and following up with f-tilt.

Final verdict is......
If you wait for this to just happen it never will, you need to make it happen aka, you really can't abuse this.

ps The Metroid stages can pressure the foe onto the top platforms.
like dont get me wrong it has situational uses but it shouldnt combo out of uair at reasonable kill percents. Idk i guess i dont like the title cause ur making it sound like sheik is good at killing when she is probably actually the worst in the game at it.

saviorslegacy

like dont get me wrong it has situational uses but it shouldnt combo out of uair at reasonable kill percents. Idk i guess i dont like the title cause ur making it sound like sheik is good at killing when she is probably actually the worst in the game at it.
You do the Uair thing at about 25% or so.
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the title either. I honestly had no idea what to call it, so I just went with something that would get peoples attention.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Worst in the game at killing is Samus imo. Sonic is bad at it too.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
This is very situational, however if the situation arises it's better to know when it kills, then to not know.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is ****, their is times when your opponent makes a mistake on a plat or messes up an auto cancel...etc.

Pretty sure you could platform cancel> ftilt a lot more on peoples mistakes than you realize.

This situation actually isn't all that rare.

Judo777

Smash Master
This is ****, their is times when your opponent makes a mistake on a plat or messes up an auto cancel...etc.

Pretty sure you could platform cancel> ftilt a lot more on peoples mistakes than you realize.

This situation actually isn't all that rare.
platform canceling requires moving platform and i have a feeling this wouldnt work on a smashville plat very well cause the movement would allows them to escape. Lylat is the only cancelable platform that this could happen on reasonably IMO.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Even so there has been numerous times where my opponent is on the platform at the same time as me(Brinstar comes to mind when the top platform is the only place safe from lava).

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Also there are numerous platform cancelable platforms on rainboW cruise, there are 3 rows of platforms on norfair.

It would be nice to know usmash tipper kill ranges on those.

saviorslegacy

Also there are numerous platform cancelable platforms on rainboW cruise, there are 3 rows of platforms on norfair.

It would be nice to know usmash tipper kill ranges on those.
Minus 15% for each platform.
That means that at 60% MK will die from a USmash on the top, on the second row he will die at 75% and in the middle he will die at 90% (normal).

It seems to be like this at BF to. So just remember 15%. If you are on the top it doubles. Simple, right?

Judo777

Smash Master
yea yea you guys are right. sry if i sound like a negative nancy lol

saviorslegacy

Alright, this is a real simple concept luckily... no unneeded research was required..... yeah.
I will finish the other pics soon.

saviorslegacy

Sorry for the multiple postings Ankoku, but I need to bump this since it is pretty much done.

Alright, I have to say that I am in love with Halberd right now, like seriously. Especially since it is considered a neutral at some tournies. I might have to say that it is better than BF. Mainly since we don't have to stale out f-tilt to get it to combo into USmash.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I can't help myself, meta knight dies at 93% with di. I know you said around 90% and I can see why you pick 90% because it makes things a lot easier to explain but still please list that somewhere savior.

Oh interesting enough your data on halberd is different then mine as I have it listed as
Halberd Part1: 62 With DI 76. (The part you show for the ground floor)
Halberd Part2: 58 With DI 72.
While on neutrals I have it listed as
Neutrals No DI 76 With DI 93

[FONT=&quot] I'm pretty sure my data on neutrals is correct because I was having meta knight stand on a platform as I poke with a usmash underneath but on halberd I had to get creative. Having meta walk off the platform I waited until he was in range for usmash. I did extensively test and got the same results multiple times but there's still a chance I could of messed up due to being human.

[/FONT]

saviorslegacy

Just to clear things up for everyone.............

[2:19:49 AM] Tristan_Win: ah you are on
[2:20:01 AM] Tristan_Win: I guess I should of just told you here instead of post on smashboards
[2:20:08 AM] saviorslegacy: si senor
[2:20:21 AM] Tristan_Win: I can't help myself, meta knight dies at 93% with di. I know you said around 90% and I can see why you pick 90% because it makes things a lot easier to explain but still please list that somewhere savior.

Oh interesting enough your data on halberd is different then mine as I have it listed as
Halberd Part1: 62 With DI 76. (The part you show for the ground floor)
Halberd Part2: 58 With DI 72.
While on neutrals I have it listed as
Neutrals No DI 76 With DI 93

I'm pretty sure my data on neutrals is correct because I was having meta knight stand on a platform as I poke with a usmash underneath but on halberd I had to get creative. Having meta walk of the platform I waited until he was in range for usmash. I did extensively test and got the same results multiple times but there's still a chance I could of messed up due to being human.
[2:22:01 AM] saviorslegacy: 76%?
[2:22:16 AM] Tristan_Win: yup
[2:22:28 AM] saviorslegacy: I didn't think he died on FD at 76% with no DI
[2:22:45 AM] Tristan_Win: It was taken with meta knight standing on a battlefield platform
[2:22:55 AM] saviorslegacy: ah
[2:23:16 AM] saviorslegacy: BTW
[2:23:23 AM] Tristan_Win: hm
[2:23:27 AM] saviorslegacy: I was giving an example with the 90%
[2:23:38 AM] saviorslegacy: I'm not saying it is legit numbers
[2:23:41 AM] Tristan_Win: I know but it still kills me.
[2:23:45 AM] saviorslegacy: 0's are easier to work with
[2:24:17 AM] Tristan_Win: Since you didn't tell that it takes 93% it's possible for someone to learn your numbers and then have it not work for them
[2:24:44 AM] Tristan_Win: which means either they come back to the thread and complain or forsake it
[2:24:47 AM] saviorslegacy: true
[2:25:37 AM] Tristan_Win: What was your method of getting meta knight into the usmash?
[2:26:36 AM] Tristan_Win: If you slow the game down frame by frame and did it exactly when meta knight was in range then clearly my numbers are garbage...if not then either one of us is right or we are both wrong @_@
[2:26:48 AM] saviorslegacy: f-tilt
[2:27:01 AM] saviorslegacy: I would mess around with the percents
[2:27:12 AM] saviorslegacy: until I found a percent that killed
[2:27:18 AM] Tristan_Win: I see..
[2:27:40 AM] saviorslegacy: I would just add 10 and subtract my total from 90 to get a ball park estimate
[2:27:58 AM] saviorslegacy: in general, everything is 20% or 30%, very easy to remember
[2:27:59 AM] Tristan_Win: Ahhh, that's not how you use numbers!
[2:28:11 AM] saviorslegacy: I want to not over complicate things
[2:28:31 AM] Tristan_Win: Fair enough but the reason I love numbers is because they don't lie

Top Bottom