• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f smash with grenade in hand

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't you be making n00bs angry in the NMFA?
Go infect the boards of some character I don't like.
*cough*gotoMarthBoards*cough*
I guarantee this isn't some revolutionary discovery.

Laem

Smash Champion
*points finger up* Genius!!!! wait.. wait thats not the word i was looking for... Idiot!!!
(if this sounds familiar i <3 u all)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Umm.... If the opponent evades your fsmash and hits you, you'll take the hits' damage AND the grenade's damage... Hardly a fair trade. Hell, if it was up to me and I say you holding a grenade and charging an fsmash, I'd just sit back, relax, and watch your damage pile up.

And it's not the endlag that people hate, it's the startup lag. The grenade WILL cancel the lag, but... Why do it?

Just... Use Snake the normal way, it's way better and leaves you with no extra damage.
GENIUS! This discovery will really make me use Kirby better!

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
If you walk up to them and they sheild the fsmash and you are at low damage, you can follow up with f tilts and break their sheild. or other things. seems pretty cool.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Why would they shield when they have so many better options?
That startup lag is very punishable. If they're really dumb enough to shield rather than take their chance at free damage, then I suppose this could be appliccable, but those chances are highly unlikely in a competitive setting.
I believe this is the kind of thing people call situational, no?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
wow I didn't know about the end lag cancelling, does it only work with Snake's fsmash only or with other fsmashes? And Im assuming any item is fine not just nades.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
@Yume: I don't know about end-lag cancelling properties with other characters, but TL can do the same thing with his bombs.
Maybe Peach's turnips/Diddy's nanerz/etc. can also do this?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
haha thats pretty cool, I should do that moar actually, esp since if they dont see the nade they can run into it, i got some nice kills before from ppl running into me charging a fsmash when theres a nade nearby.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
It could be a bad testing method on my part, but I haven't noticed any difference in ending lag.
In training on 1/4 speed, I tried fsmash under both conditions. Regular, and the funky looking one when you hold A after picking up a grenade and then fsmash.
I tried pretty much everything, and between normal and with the grenade, it was always 3 seconds (in 1/4 speed remember) before you could do anything else.

But I could just be doing it wrong.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I haven't heard about this at all before, and I know alot about Snake's ATs. Maybe you have to like throw the nade or smthing, or this could be a troll, oh well.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I haven't heard about this at all before, and I know alot about Snake's ATs. Maybe you have to like throw the nade or smthing, or this could be a troll, oh well.
He has a bad reputation.
He loves to think of himself as a pro.
He might've changed by now, but he doesn't have the best history, so I wouldn't be surprised if this weren't true.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
did you know if you press the x button, snake will jump?
OMG BROKEN, I WANT FULL CREDIT!!!

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
guys this only works at low percents. time it to when the nade will explode AT THE SAME FRAME that the f smash goes off. you'll have frame advantage if they shield it :D.

this may be situational but it's freaking awesome. and VERY useful.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
did you know if you press the x button, snake will jump?
OMG BROKEN, I WANT FULL CREDIT!!!
Oh man, I lol'd irl.

I know I answered in this post today, but after I read the AT, I tried it in a tourney yesterday, and everyone was all like "Melee SUCKS compared to THIS!" and all the Melee pros kissed my feet. I even got free pizzas from Pizza Hut due to how awesome this AT made me look.

I didn't win the tourney, though, and am going to try it again at a tourney the day before yesterday... Wish me luck!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you can do it man! dare I ask... have you.. have you ever pressed...
Y and X at the same time...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
you can do it man! dare I ask... have you.. have you ever pressed...
Y and X at the same time...
I didn't even know what X did! What does THAT do?! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is that how you hold a grenade while you fsmash? By pressing Y and X at the same time? I think this is too advanced for me at the moment... I don't have the techskill. :(

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I knew that a way before this thread was made, after learning to fsmash with Link with a Bomb, I copied it and learned it with Snake. Which is hold a in any time you can't throw it (including for grabbing the Grenade), and then after C-stick while still holding it (after this, release A if you don't want to charge it, but you can hold again after the hitbox is out).

Top Bottom