• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extending your Extremespeed

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
You guys know how you sometimes cause Lucario to slide a bit in the air when using Extremespeed? I don't think I've seen a guide or discussion about it, so let's discuss.

Buffer going in one direction horizontally before doing ES. You will hover a little in that direction before you initiate the move.

If you don't you will just do an ES without any extra horizontal hovering.

What benefit to you might it have?

Well for starters you extend the distance you can recover a bit. Not bad, huh?

Make sure you practice a bit before trying it out. Best way to practice I think is to practice it on FD or BF by doing a running short hop to ES. You'll get the hang of it and extend your recovery a bit.

Happy recovering!

Tony T

Smash Ace
hmm I see. I've been wondering about how I was able to recover alot better with extreme speed and not get ledge guarded even when you tilt it good research Infinity.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

You float in the direction you were traveling prior to using Extremespeed.

I think everyone should've figured this out around March 9, 2008 (Brawl's release date).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i found out something pretty gay about lucys recovery today

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you can air release him out of his upb n if the lucy doesnt have his second jump hes dead rly

dtilts that have lingering hitboxes also knock lucy out of his upb. Watched ally do it to lee martin at picto @ mlg

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd like to see someone grab us in the middle of ES.

let's also keep that info on the downlow anyways :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Screw dtilt, Snake can just utilt Lucario before he snaps to the edge.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've been toying with just planting a mine onstage and spinning a nikita around the ledge lol.

/Ultimate snake edgeguard lulz.

Also I'm thinking that part of it was that dtilt became angled from the little dips on Picto.

That and lucarios get lazy at angling ES so that they travel underneath (also risky).

Snake is stupid.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Utilt da bess.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats one frame of animation too those kick up boxes lol, the next 2 frames are the foot traveling upwords into the telegraphed section of the move

lol the disjoint too

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

You can do it when he's falling in fallspecial, too. or out of his walljump if he just ES'd to the wall. For the latter, footstools work too.

We've known that for awhile as well, but it wasn't very publicized.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

like i said in the xat, that AR gimp can be done by anyone in the cast that can AR lucario either by 1. characters[grabbers] height [grab type dependent prolly] or 2. just grabbing you out of ES/special delay[or fallspecial as kita put it]

watch out for tilting platforms/ledges too as they can cause AR too

^^ no no

^^ yes yes, if lucys feet touch he gets his upb/ jumps back. So always pay attention to what your lucarios feet are doing so you'll know what type of break your going to get. Obvi the one thing thats kinda weird is the pummel breaks, basically if your opponent is pummeling you and your dangling your gonna fall almost straight down from the ledge. Thats a pummel break. If the opponent is pummeling you and your in dangly feet animation, you'll get your special back[in the event they grabbed you out of your upb] idk about second jump however.

Steam

Smash Hero
so this is stupidly situational then... if they're onstage trying to do that out of wall cling we could just AD and they wouldn't be able to do anything until we hit the ground. I really don't see when we'd be in fall special, and it you're getting grabbed in the middle of ES something is very wrong anyways.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if they read the air dodge you'll get punished for it either way

its more about limiting your options in such a way that you can only choose like 1 or 2 in that given situation, this is why the DDD mu for Lucy is a really gay one for lucy. DDD shuts down some of his better options. Similar to how the IC shut down DDDs options.

I wouldnt down play it necessarily steam, you know as well as i do when you play matches stuff happens. Its something you should understand, quietly respect and keep in the back of your mind just in case you arrive to said situation. I apply this manner of thinking to DDD too when i figure out things he has trouble with, and its saved me from making bad mistakes multiple times.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
New Lucario AT get?
Its been around, just hasn't been really documented. Although with the knowledge of it, it will help us play a little smarter.

I have been doing a lot of research on Lucario ATs, but... I'm afraid they'll blow up more computers.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo the chances of finding something entirely "new" is like .0001%

All those who are finding stuff is usually "reapplication", for a good example, DEHF's discovery that Falco ftilt is actually really good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
like i said in the xat, that AR gimp can be done by anyone in the cast that can AR lucario either by 1. characters[grabbers] height [grab type dependent prolly] or 2. just grabbing you out of ES/special delay[or fallspecial as kita put it]

watch out for tilting platforms/ledges too as they can cause AR too

^^ no no

^^ yes yes, if lucys feet touch he gets his upb/ jumps back. So always pay attention to what your lucarios feet are doing so you'll know what type of break your going to get. Obvi the one thing thats kinda weird is the pummel breaks, basically if your opponent is pummeling you and your dangling your gonna fall almost straight down from the ledge. Thats a pummel break. If the opponent is pummeling you and your in dangly feet animation, you'll get your special back[in the event they grabbed you out of your upb] idk about second jump however.
I toyed around with this with my friend a while back.

It's true, situational of course but I'd at least try to remember it. Granted I'm more worried of someone footstooling me out of wall cling, which happened to me last weekend.

Top Bottom