• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exams!!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Sorry if this thread's been done before but I thought it'd nice to do a new one since I didn't see any.

So... does anyone have exams coming up? This is my first topic here but I just need something to do and what's better than finding other people with exams!

I am slowly going crazy with so many facts running through my head :laugh:. How is everyone else doing (if you have exams at all)?

End of years are in two weeks, but there's still have so much to do (which is probably my fault for skipping weeks of lectures and only working at the end of every module). If only the human brain wasn't so ****ed complicated. Seriously, the pictures of the brain are such a joke. I still don't know what I'm staring at half the time :dizzy:

How do you guys revise? I've made a pretty funny revision schedule with my housemates. I've been working pretty hard at about 3 hours a day, but I may need to step up the pace if I want to cover all the material...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i just took two exams yesterday, physics and english. i dont have any today so im at home. then tomorrow i have to take a modern world history exam. then it's summer vacation!

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
I'm only just finishing GCSEs (the age in my profile is wrong for some reason). Two days left. Biggest waste of my time since... all previous years of schooling.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Ditto at Kitten. Two days left; History, Physics, Geography. Luckily, the exams were taking are a complete joke :D. You should have seen our Science papers, roughly 10% was based on factual knowledge and the rest was based on extrapolation and basic common sense. I'm not complaining though :chuckle:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Finished my first year BSc Psychology exams a couple weeks ago.

They were miles easier then A2.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Ditto at Kitten. Two days left; History, Physics, Geography. Luckily, the exams were taking are a complete joke :D. You should have seen our Science papers, roughly 10% was based on factual knowledge and the rest was based on extrapolation and basic common sense. I'm not complaining though :chuckle:
Do you have AQA for science? You can take those papers without taking the course and still get an A at least. I still have Physics, Geography and French. Done with history.

antimatter

Smash Lord
I aced my Computer Programming class exam today, and I think I did well on my Geometry exam today as well.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I'm done with my exams, and more important wiht my course, and even the most important with my high school :D

I only had to do 1 final exam, History of Art, cause ever other subject i had an average of 9, so i get a free 10 at the final exam :DDDDDDDDD

M.K

Level 55
I finished my exams 2 weeks ago:

My grades on the exams:

Digital Arts- 96
Astronomy- Exempt
English- 95
World History- 100
Geometry- 94

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Gratz Metakirby :D!

Do you have AQA for science? You can take those papers without taking the course and still get an A at least. I still have Physics, Geography and French. Done with history.
Hehe yes I do :D! Physics today, I haven't started to revise for it yet, seeing as most of the questions are likely to be about evaluating the use of dogs in telescopes or something retarted like that :D! History exam in... uh... 2 hours 37 mins, and I'm on SWF :laugh:

Geography is tomorrow, then i'm all set and ready to sleep till 2pm and party all night. Should be awesome! If you get this message before your exams then gl mate.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've got my 'Becoming an effective Teacher' exam on tuesday, and a spelling test later in the week. :urg:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
^ is that a practical exam or do you get observed while teaching a class? Practical exams are not nice... I have a horrible one coming up where we have 5 minutes on several 'stations'. Last year I was literally shaking when I walked out of my practical and I normally handle pressure quite well. One of the examiners actually stopped me in the middle of a station and told me I should read the scenario again. :laugh:

Teaching always seemed cool to me and I was very close to going into that after school. It's a shame I can only do one job lol.

You guys should enjoy your GCSEs. They are the easiest exams you'll ever get (it's sad when even the students complain the exams are too easy). A levels are probably harder than uni, depending on what you choose.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
in the future, i want to go to a class where Mic is teaching. oh, the lulz.
The kids love my classes. During our 2 week prac we had a comic lesson where we were filling in speach bubbles in garfield and penny arcade comics.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I finished mine on wednesday. I didn't study for any of them and the ones I thought I'd do poorly on I ended up doing ok or better.

Geometry- 73 (Not sure how I messed up so much)
Spanish- 88 (reasonably well considering i put 0 effort into it)
American Cultures - 95
English - 94 (Thought for sure I failed this one)
Chemistry - 80 (I hoped to get a B and I did. Barely...)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My exams were at the very end of April... My first semester I didn't have any because of the ice storm... But really it wasn't that bad.

Being a music major most of my focus was on the jury (playing in front of judges.). But I had some other classes. Most of them I did pretty good in, or I must have. XD

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
I don't have any revision habits... I sometimes read through the text books though.

Amazingly i still get pretty good marks, especially for subjects that don't need prior knowledge, although I'm goig to actually start revising next year for 11 and 12 (HSC's)

I usually get about 80 average for all the subjects, with English at around 95 % usually.

Ashida Taboo

Smash Rookie
I'm towards the end of my GCSEs and I havent revised for on subject but I've been doing fine, 2 more next week then I'm done and then the week after that i can go and pick up a copy of brawl cause thats launch day here. All I've done thats been school related recently is racing my history teacher at mario kart.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Finished my GCSEs two days ago, and already i've been partying my *** off :D. I went to one last night and got...uhh...slightly disrobed? *Cough*

I actually like exam season more than any other season, maybe i'm just odd like that ^_^.

1337ZSS

Smash Apprentice
Already did them but failed on quite a few. I can obviously tell my best class and most motivational class has got to be English though :D

Top Bottom