• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

eww Peach.. [ video ]

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Peach is a PAIN to play against with most characters thanks to her floating. Luckily, bannanas work very well in knocking her off her float and from there you should be able to overwhelm her.

The problem is however you wont get many openings, because she is aerial for long periods of time so no trip and no openingm for you.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Against Peach:

Peanut gun.

And

Hold a nana and punish landings

And

Dribble to avoid floats

And

SH Fair her floats, predict when she will float so you can get this

Its a tough, slow, campy match up when both players are playing correctly.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
lol It's obvious you don't know how to play peaches. Shoulda picked metaknight instead of snake :p and uh for advice do what alpha said.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah peach you have to be careful, she knows how to handle your nanerz and she is half the time invunerable to them, the peanut gun is really good tho.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly, I hate the Peach match up, I think its one of Diddy's worst. Online I think is even worse than offline too because its so hard to avoid the Nair from float.

This is one match up that is best won with patience, unless you can space really well with dribbling, which I can't do online yet so I can't comment (but I believe spacing away from the float with dribbling into nutgun/sh airs is probably the least campiest way to deal with this match up).

The peanut gun is amazing in this match up. 1 of 3 things will happen:
-it connects and they lose their float
-it gets hit by the nair and nothing happens (this sucks but is dealt with by having good timing)
-it is caught, for which they will throw it and lose their float (this is awesome when done intentionally by timing the gun to match the next nair)

I only use Diddy. Man up guys and don't switch! (eyes Diddypro who cps me with MK on RC).

Count

Smash Champion
Yeah I say that i have seconds, but I have absolutely zero confidence in them. I just play pure seconds against my friends cause they usually whine when I play diddy.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I go straight Diddy in tourneys, I went snake cause the match up just felt really bad and caught me off guard.

don't worry, I'm not switching anything haha, Diddy <3

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit obvious what your problem was.

You used bananas a lot, after, if Peach did slip, you would run and attack, this didn't help much because of floating, when you should've waited for her to Fair, Bair, or whatever she tried to do, Glide Tossed towards her, and attacked from there.

Another thing, don't depend on bananas so much, you really struggle without them, something a Diddy player shouldn't have a problem with.

saberhof

Smash Master
crawling can also avoid the floating Dair thing she always does...peanuts are godly in that time...

- Bananas should be dribbled every moment you can just to make her come to you...
- your glide toss is better than hers
- Peanuts kill her floatynesesses....>_>...

thats pretty much it....

Im never changing my main, but i do have secondaries...its hard having just one guys...admit it...

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
As others have said, I think the peanut gun is your most valuable tool for this matchup. Peach players really like going for those double Dair combos, and usually approach by floating at the height of their short hop. The peanut near perfectly archs to that height and will plop Peach right back onto the ground where you can follow up with a dash attack or whatever.

Also, I think you got lucky in the sense that you didn't have to deal with many turnips off the stage. Turnips go straight through your barrels, and it's pretty easy to get gimped by them. =P

Nice match, though, dude.

Top Bottom