• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EWU Smash Club - Brawl & Melee 1v1/2v2 - (rules and date pending) - Cheney WA

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Well, I think I should do this in here. Pardon the over dramatic term 'retire from smash bros'.

I think I've gotten to the point where I've gotten all that I can from playing smash competitively.
I feel like I've been drained completely. It hit me during the Skypal tournament right before starting the singles tournament. I just had no interest in playing because other things in my life started keeping me interested, and my desire to always win was hindering that.

I am thankful, though, because I've made some great friends as a result. Nothing is more rewarding than friendship.

I do intend to keep on going to local tournaments, but probably not entering. And I'll still come to hang out at smash club.

Oh, and this weekend was ****ing awesome. No other smash scene in the world does **** as awesome as we do.

artifice

Smash Ace
that sucks adam but you gata do what you gata do.

Ive been busy with **** as well, so ill proly not b at smash club this week. but when this quarter ends ill be back in the swing of things.

for bonus turney we should do NUNCHUCK ONRY <----- Hell yes

artifice

Smash Ace
its FUN.

and it dosnt randomize anything, just makes it harder to do cool stuff.

and again, its fun ;D and bonus tournys are suposed to be fun.

Red.

Smash Ace
me neither, it's supposed to be played with the gamecube controller. Thats how the pros play. thats how u wavedash, thats how u ****ing L cancel.

Zhar

Smash Cadet
hey did anyone go to the smash tourny set up by nintendo at gamestop? the rules sort of stunk wii mote nunchuck unknown control's one minute and all items robotnik lost in the first round with olimar and i lost in the second with yoshi. but it was a great ovewrall experience to know the nintendo sucked at putting up a tourney. also please excuse my spelling i'm just horrible in that subject

Zhar

Smash Cadet
hey did anyone go to the smash tourney set up by nintendo at gamestop(besides arti)? the rules sort of stunk wii mote nunchuck unknown control's one minute and all items. Robotnik lost in the first round with olimar and i lost in the second with yoshi. but it was a great ovewrall experience to know the nintendo sucked at putting up a tourney. also please excuse my spelling i'm just horrible in that subject.

artifice

Smash Ace
red you cant wavedash in brawl.

and the game was actualy made to play on the nunchuck.

and theres no l canceling.

Red.

Smash Ace
chip: get u and ur bro to come tonight and smash at my place, It's rly boring smashing alone.

edit: if u can only come instead of ur bro ask him for directions.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
hey did anyone go to the smash tourny set up by nintendo at gamestop? the rules sort of stunk wii mote nunchuck unknown control's one minute and all items robotnik lost in the first round with olimar and i lost in the second with yoshi. but it was a great ovewrall experience to know the nintendo sucked at putting up a tourney. also please excuse my spelling i'm just horrible in that subject
Wait... What gamestop did you go to?

Gannon-Onry it is!

Kamaji

Smash Ace
i forgot how to move with the wii remote and got pwned till I figured it out... Then I started pwning but it was too late. I lost in the first round...

Red- How emo... Why are you leaving us?... and right before your 700th post!!?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wait, Kama, I thought you won?

You were at the Holland GameStop, right? I went in all confident because I had played Brawl and nobody else had. Then they said Wii remote only. Then I saw you and knew I had no hope :)

I did very well actually having never used that control scheme. I only died in my second match due to a random box falling from the sky in the last 3 seconds.

Red.

Smash Ace
chip: if u don't come smash with me friday I'm ****ing cancelling that ditto mm.

kamaji: when u called me an emo you offended me because emos do rly rly rly stupid things to their body's.

so long eastern WA

artifice

Smash Ace
red most of us are prity busy right now with finals and shiz

lets smash this spring break. but you gata play a little brawl.

but ill play melee with you couse i gata practice that as well.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Wait, Kama, I thought you won?

You were at the Holland GameStop, right? I went in all confident because I had played Brawl and nobody else had. Then they said Wii remote only. Then I saw you and knew I had no hope :)

I did very well actually having never used that control scheme. I only died in my second match due to a random box falling from the sky in the last 3 seconds.

Yeah, I won the first one, but the second one was a disaster lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Okay, cool, got confused for a second. :)

So is practice still on for Wednesday?

chip: if u don't come smash with me friday I'm ****ing cancelling that ditto mm.

kamaji: when u called me an emo you offended me because emos do rly rly rly stupid things to their body's.

so long eastern WA
Your mom's an emo.

lol, try not to get offended. People on the internet trash talk alot, don't take it seriously.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
so arti, did you win the tourney nintendo set up at the north town mall, i know other people from the smash community did good everywhere else. Zhar and i were at the north town mall if you havent already guessed kamaji.

i actually was doing great with the wii mote i had fought a samus player and was kicking his @$$ with olimar, i dealt about 190 damage to him and he dealt 10 to me, than with 5 seconds to go he killed me with a bomb. i think they put the damage ratio to 2.0

so did anyone else here in this thread besides me zhar and arti go to the tourney?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
There was a tourney at northtown? When? Crap. Unless you're referring to the GameStop one last week?

artifice

Smash Ace
yeah he is.

i didnt win, they wouldnt let me go Zamus, and this dude got a golden hammer.

blake made it to the last match, and then lost to an Ike player, sad times, we were already planning the trip down to kennewik or whatever.

we even practiced with wii motes, my zamus was rapeing

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Stupid items. :( So who did you end up going as if they didn't let you play Zamus?

Also, I'm curious if anyone knows what is the difference between the regular Hammer and Golden Hammer, other than damage. Is there one?

artifice

Smash Ace
the regular hammmer breaks easy, and then like you can throw the end of it.

the golden hammer is like the hammer in sb64, its **** and it goes for longer, dosnt break.

I went samus, thinking i could switch in zamus during play, but it didnt work out.

artifice

Smash Ace
ive seen other people do it.

like pat.

but i cant seem to do it, wich is weird cause i can do the fox/melee thing on corneria instantly.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I won every gamestop tourney by protesting their stupidity and not going.

Top Bottom