• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO Online Has Been Cancelled Following Sexual Abuse Allegations

evo online cancelled.jpg

EVO Online - the planned replacement for the previously cancelled EVO 2020 - has just been cancelled. EVO has published their official statement on the matter below:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The cancellation comes after multiple allegations were made towards the EVO CEO, Joey “Mr. Wizard” Cuellar, which accused him of sexual abuse in the early 2000’s. Mr. Wizard was originally placed on administrative leave when the allegations first came out, but has since been cut from EVO as a whole. Prior to EVO Online’s cancellation, multiple companies such as Capcom and Bandai Namco had announced that they would not be participating in the event as a result of the serious allegations.

The allegations towards Mr. Wizard are just one of many relating to many big names in the FGC that have come out over the past few days. Other people accused of sexual misconduct include professional Smash Bros. player Nairoby “Nairo” Quezada and Smash commentator Cinnamon “Cinnpie” Dunson.

Editor’s Note: SmashBoards will be publishing an official statement on the many allegations of abuse and assault, both sexual and otherwise, that have come to light over the past few days. Please stay tuned.

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

It's really disappointing to learn this stuff about players I thought were cool.

How hard is it to just not involve yourself with <18 year olds romantically/sexually?

Part of me wants to believe that there wasn't manipulative/malicious intent, but by 19, 20, 21, 22+ you should know better.

Some people just have a harder time controlling their impulses I think. Zack might have be suffering from Hyper sexuality or the popular term Nymphomania. Nairo seeing this weakness took advantage of it for his own ends. It really is sad.

Some people just have a harder time controlling their impulses I think. Zack might have be suffering from Hyper sexuality or the popular term Nymphomania. Nairo seeing this weakness took advantage of it for his own ends. It really is sad.
Agreed. Children who seek sex from adults are tragically oftentimes victims of child sexual abuse and/or body image shaming. The amount of mental and emotional manipulation they undergo coupled with the physical aspects sets them for horrible encounters as they age. Suicide is often the end result. I lost my friend to this exact scenario due to the fact her father ***** her from age 4 to 11. Not only did she kill herself but her daughter as well. Total tragedy. I take little solace in knowing the man responsible will suffer greatly until his death due to complications from hepatitis.

Top Bottom