• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone must try this >_>

iRJi

Smash Champion
Went to tatical this morning. Found a new thread with this in it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264193

It is currently not known if other characters can do it, and because of that we are going to give it a try. I wold be doing it right now, but I am cleaning because my girlfriend is coming over today. Everyone, get on this and see if we can have a sliding Usmash =D

Edit:

Steps to do it:

1) Random Move... For example Fair, right before you land
2) You land while the animation hasnt end
3) You should now be in the Fair Landing Lag Animation
4) Here you press Analog Stick Forward + C-Up ONCE and at the same time/frame (That means you dont hold the analog stick)
5) Now you mash C-Up

If you dont do Step 5, you should do an DA as soon as possible (After the landing lag of the fair)

You could try this first to get it like 50% consistent.

After you got this just do Step 5.

At least it worked for me, hopefully I could help ^^
I would suggest doing it with diddy until you are able to do it consistent enough, then move on to lucario. Timing is different of course, but at this point you would know what to do properly. I still can't do it, but I have rookie on the phone testing it with me as well.

hough123

Smash Ace
I'll test it right now, I'll edit in results if no one else posts.

EDIT: I had to stop, but I couldn't do it. If anyone's having trouble, remember to wait until you hit the ground to buffer.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I didn't try it yet, but any new tactical move can always help, when perfected, if perfected lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I did hear something neat about what happened to Trela and RT during dittos though that has to do with usmash though lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*random RT appearance*

To clarify, it was a running Usmash and I was some distance away from the edge. It was just...weird. I wish I had recorded it. It may be related to this, but I seriously doubt it.

*disappears*

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
I have been trying this and havent had any success..

even if it were possible, I can't see too much use for a Lucario DACUS cuz of the lack of a frontal hitbox... It would be good for surprises though

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

even if it were possible, I can't see too much use for a Lucario DACUS cuz of the lack of a frontal hitbox... It would be good for surprises though
I don't think having a DACUS for Lucario is really so much about the frontal hitbox as it would be about juggling.

The gigantic disjoint of usmash is really what we'd be going for with a DACUS. Imagine what kind of platform pressure we could have, or just how much more amazing our juggling could be if we could use something with that much vertical range from farther away.

edit: Screw this. I can't even get it to work with Diddy Kong with that debug code. I have no idea how this thing works. Someone else work on this. :\

Debug code won't let me use the c-stick, which I think is the main problem.

Saltix

Smash Lord
lol @ everyone in this thread not even trying hard to do this
I'd try it, but I have no wii

Flick control stick and hit up on c-stick at same time, then SPAM up on C-stick
someone said that down-up on C-stick works well too, but IDK
buffer it geez

iRJi

Smash Champion

Plus, Think of Lucario sliding around with a continuous hitbox? How can you even say that's not probable lol.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
If possible, can someone post a video showing how far it goes (No "It goes as far as _______!" bull)
Also, does it work with dodge, also? Or is that something Lucario can't do?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I performed with dozens of characters, but lucarios is useless. Disciple is right.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Once again, Lucario fails at something that most characters can benefit from.

Mediocrity, ftl. :(

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well every charater it is not useful. MK its not useful.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Don't count it out yet, I've been taking this into a lot of consideration. You know how Tommy G said, depending on the button inputs you get a dash attack, initial dash, usmash in place or just nothing. Well I found other ways to get an immediate dash attack out of moves, and even a buffered boost pivot grab upon landing or out of spot dodging. I'm trying to do it out of shield drop, but I will put a vid up of this later on in the day.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Cool Thanks. To bad the shields are like they are in 64. XD. I could see using it vs charaters that have an overall large amount of start up lag in their move set.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfOuXpEt-k Here it is guys.

I didn't have a tape so I had to do this straight from my capture box. So I had to get use to the lag, I'll make a better version of this, cause I wanted to show a lot more things you can do. So bare with me for a bit until I can find a blank tape and I can show what else you can do with buffering a dacus, or buffering a dash attack or whatever else I can find.

BH!Bane

Smash Rookie
Just tried it and the bad thing is that he doesn't slide to far, works well out of spotdodge and fair. I wanted to test it with dsmash but had no luck even tried to buffer one out of dash cancel still no luck. Maybe a buffered usmash before the dash attack animation is possible.

Top Bottom