• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone in Ohio can't get Brawl tonight

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I am very angry. There was a freak snow storm today so the midnight launch is canceled. That is some pretty awesome luck, right? Anybody else have this problem?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I pray 4 u guys, now some random guy is gonna rob the store, and sell the copies on ebay for 2 cents each only for grown women who live in Alaska over the age of 47

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I feel for you guys. >_< Today we had a light snow here in east central Illinois.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I live in Toronto, I wasn't going for a midnight launch BUT I was planning to stop by walmart. The snow storm is pretty bad right now. But I can wait 14 more hours..Ill be unconsious for 11 of those hours so no biggie :laugh:

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Ohio and my flight to San Francisco (home) was canceled. I'm bummed. My friends are getting their copies tonight.. /sigh.

Benjomin

Smash Rookie
I live in Cincinnati. We got hit pretty hard. I'm uper-....ed though
I live in Cinci too. I had to move my preorder last minute but i was assured at Gamestop I'd be getting it.

themitey1

Smash Cadet
So, I just found a SuperWalmart that will be open! Alliance, Ohio! I think im gunna make the 45 minute trip out there tonight, and then just go to gamestop and cancel my fully paid game tomorrow lol

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind just waiting. I jsut have a problem going to sleep with something on my mind... I guess i'll jsut have to do pushups untill I pass out..

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind just waiting. I jsut have a problem going to sleep with something on my mind... I guess i'll jsut have to do pushups untill I pass out..
I agree. Trying to get sleep with something on my mind is agony. Counting sheep does not work! I usually just stay on the computer until I get tired enough to fall asleep.

Natis

Smash Apprentice
I, too, live in Ohio.
It's another one of those wonderful things about Ohio...
/sarcasm
As long as I can remember, Ohio's weather has always been rather freakish...

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
The snow is really crazy, it's about a foot and a half and in places where people shoveled it can be 4 feet. It is really cool and fun though, but right now it isn't very good packing snow. I hope it starts snowing a bit more on Sunday night so school will be canceled on Monday.

I should go to sleep soon so I can get up early for the Gamestop tournament.

smash64

Smash Champion
so does any one know when are they going to do the brawl tournament again? i called one game stop in Covington Kentuky and they said they are having it tomorrow at 2pm but i cant go to that one because i work in the morning and i wont be able to go to that one

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
that sucks i think you should break in take a copy and leave the money on the counter... or not... then you can brag to ur freinds that u got it and they didnt

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
so does any one know when are they going to do the brawl tournament again? i called one game stop in Covington Kentuky and they said they are having it tomorrow at 2pm but i cant go to that one because i work in the morning and i wont be able to go to that one
Yeah, 2 PM seems to be the tournament time. That's what I've been told.

Parma, Ohio here. Eight effing feet of snow, and zero midnight releases (as far as I know), not to mention one super pissed college student. :mad: Normally I don't hate Ohio; today, however, I make an exception.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
BEAVERCREEK.

I hate Ohio.

It's boring.

Not to mention this gay weather. :[

But oh well.

Ten hours and fifteen minutes.

I hope.

I swear, if my mall is closed...

*pulls out butcher knife*

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Sucks to Ohioans.

Really, that does suck, like, badly suck,but there is a bright side; school might be closed monday due to snow=more time to play brawl.

(but here in good-ol, New Mehico where it's high and dry, there is no such thing as snow.)

Ender's Gamer

Smash Rookie
I was so hyped today. Then the snow just kept falling here in Pennsylvania, and I finally decided to wait till tomorrow. Better safe and playing Brawl tomorrow than... not. :ohwell:

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Snow is so rare in greenville that i'd give up one night just to enjoy the scenic walk around my neighborhood that i get maybe once a year when we get snow. Great lighting with the houses and streetlights with the light bouncing off the flakes etc.

But you guys are in ohio so i assume thats a sick annoyance with way way more snow in one sitting then we get in a decade, XD

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Wanna hear something weird? I live in SE Columbus, had trouble finding a place, was going to go to Walmart in Reynoldsburg. I'm outside my apartment scraping my car off at 10:30 and firetrucks start showing up, stopping on my street. I look up and smoke is pouring out of the building across the street from me! Holy crap!!!!! Needless to say I didn't make it out last night. (I don't think anyone is hurt but it really sucks for the people who were forced out of their homes last night and lost a lot of their stuff.) Talk about a reality check.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I am very angry. Australia doesn't even have a release date yet. Nintendo of Australia suck don't they? Europe and the UK have this problem too.

:urg:
I was pretty sure Europe and UK were set for 6 June or 15 May. Well according to gameFAQS anyway.

As much as I want snow in Australia, it's times like these when I feel lucky we dont have any :p

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
it was totally clear in california...yah, i just finished playing my copy a little while ago...now that i think about it, it was actually kinda warm out tonight...im greatful that they didnt cancel the midnight release because of a severe case of totally awesome weather thats perfect and amazing

Top Bottom