• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone help me out here..

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
My friend plays snake and he is a very good player, so he has a good snake. Knowing the snake matchup of course it is hard for my kirby to beat his (i do sometimes tho)

Basically this is his playstyle...

-Camps alot
-Breaks up "combos" with grenades
-Annoying edge guarding >_>
-tilts like i dont even no

I can't never get back on stage safely and i have to revert to using dthrow at low percent to rack up damage (not a big deal tho)

So help me or tell me a good counter pick character, cuz my kirby can beat all his other characters.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Only thing I know about this matchup is, use Hammer while he's recovering. He'll dodge the first hit, get KO'd by the second.
If you're in range for Snake's ftilt, use dtilt(grab if he trips) or shield. I never played or seen a campy Snake. Can someone show me a vid of one?

Or you could always use MK. XD

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
lol i dont use MK

And i try to hammer him when he recovers but he always uses his upB right away so he can go way up in the air, then fall constantly airdodging making it kinda hard to hammer him.

His tilts eat up kirby's shield and spaces kirby back :(

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Or you could always use MK.

I hate people who say that.

Um... campy... hm. Your up-b will beat his missles, and you should get his grenades. 2 more things, neither of which I said. These are paraphrases, just so you know.

Fromundaman said:
When you have snake's power, shield drop a grenade, grab it (and hold a), then use an f-smash with the c-stick, making sure to let go of a, then shield. The fsmash deals massive damage to a shield, and then the grenade will hit them. It's also good because people don't expect you to fsmash while holding an item.
This isn't really a combo, but you can pull out grenades, then turn into stone. The explosion won't harm you, and if they grab you, the grenade will break it up.
And for that second one, they'd have to be pretty lucky to knock you out of stone if you cooked the grenade. You'd have to be in a 3 or 4 way brawl and get hit by a #9 judge or something, and we all know how likely that situation is.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
SPAM BAIR

srsly

If he's camping, approach with bair, you should be able to poke and stuff without getting 'sploded by grenades.

If you predict mortar slide, it can be stopped with bair, vulcan jabs, or a well-placed Inhale, and then you can copy his power and camp back.

If he's breaking up combos with grenades, learn to expect that, and perhaps grab him or something. This is where mindgames come in. And when you grab him, upthrow is your best bet if there's a grenade nearby.

His tilts are broken, but you can clash with your own uptilt. Also like I said before, my neutral A jab clashes with ftilt....and that's when Snake is behind me ftilting.

Edgeguarding with mortars and crap? I dunno, if you time it well you can dair through the mortar and hit him. If you predict well, use Stone.

Watch out for the EXTREMELY BROKEN RANGE of his uptilt when you're at 85%+

edit: something gnes posted on my allisbrawl account recently:
Ugh i fail so hard against snake...makes no sense...how do u do against a good snakes???
my response
lol. People keep saying Kirby is an even matchup against Snake, but they're stupid. Just because Chudat destroys crappy Snakes does not make it an even matchup.

Throw combos, lots of Bair....take his power if you're good with grenades, bair/hammer him offstage...he's tough, especially on wifi. I really can't beat great Snakes. :/

I need moar practice
my verdict: Snake is more broken than MK, people just won't admit it because Snake has "counters"

imo the biggest problem with Snake is that I can be CLEARLY better than my opponent, I kick his *** left and right across the stage, but then he gets in a few tilts and his easymode KO moves and I'm dead. It's not unusual for my Snake opponent to live to 180%, and for me to die at 100%, which is what makes this matchup so hard. He's too heavy, and his recovery is too gay....and he racks up damage too fast, and kos too easily...etc. >_>

Gnes

Smash Master
Yeah i loss to a snake at the most recent HOBO...but recently thanks to fliphop ive basically learned diddy and i beat Pozerwolf's snake :)

With kirby...u wont win...unless the snake is either

a. Agressive

b. Stupid

c. Both

Bair can be punished by repeated f-tilts since kirby CAN't punish snakes tilts...which is complete bull**** but whatever...

Ive also found that adding hammer to your repetoire is an amazing gift...when snake is in the air a properly timed hammer will kill him..

The combo i like to do is F-throw>Uair>D-tilt>Grab>go from there...in this matchup i usually live to about 140% but snake usually lives to above that so it doesnt really help...to even have a chance your spacing has to be excellent while snakes can be average :(

I wont say much more considerin i made a topic about this matchup a while ago in which everyone pretty much said everything...:p

Snake is broken...meta is easy...nuff said

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
fixt.
10nades
me said:
Just because Chudat destroys crappy Snakes does not make it an even matchup.
:p

Seriously, the videos I've seen of Chudat beating Snakes, even I could have probably beaten them, or come close. Chudat's very good, but the Snake vs. Kirby matchup is simply imbalanced, unless you're always a few steps ahead of your opponent.

Even then, Snake can afford to make more mistakes than Kirby can. It's that simple.

hua ha 21%

~Shao~

Smash Ace
About counterpicking, King Dedede is very good against Snake, DK is good too. I heard Falco and Pikachu are good, but I'm not sure. And as someone said, there's always Meta Knight =x

Fabian the Fastman

Smash Cadet
My friend plays snake and he is a very good player, so he has a good snake. Knowing the snake matchup of course it is hard for my kirby to beat his (i do sometimes tho)

Basically this is his playstyle...

-Camps alot
-Breaks up "combos" with grenades
-Annoying edge guarding >_>
-tilts like i dont even no

I can't never get back on stage safely and i have to revert to using dthrow at low percent to rack up damage (not a big deal tho)

So help me or tell me a good counter pick character, cuz my kirby can beat all his other characters.
Well, Dedede's supposedly Snake's worst matchup...

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yea my diddy does good against him, i just mess up at the end alot (idk why)

EDIT: You tell that to someone playing as chuck norris kirbz and see what happens

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
yea im gonna pick up D3 and falco and just CG lol thanks guys

wish i knew Ice climbers chaingrab...>_>
Ice Climbers get ***** by Snake. Just get Dedede.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
i usually try to get the grenades by becoming snake kirby
also, using rock from high above during the recovery is an easy hit and grabs for well when avoiding tilts
f-smash is good, but not so easy to pull off cuz of snake's shields and defense
watch the plants of grenades, c-4s and claymores, they will own you
and (MOST IMPORTANT) when both of you guys are at high damage, watch out for up tilt, AKA VERTICAL SPARTA!!!

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Hey Suspect. I saw you play in San Antonio like two weeks ago. As a fellow Kirby, dude, you are SICK.
Anyway, this is how I beat my bro's (Hiza) Snake.

Swallow snake if you can. Cook grenades, then shorthop and toss to stir him up.
Run and grab snake ONLY when he is placing C4.
When you do that, up throw, dodge the incoming down kick for snake.
where ever he lands, up kick and then roll left and then jump, fall with swing hammer.

Most snakes are kind of egotistical in their game and will retaliate to save face.
The hammer should connect, if it does not, spot dodge and then shorthop and Bair.

Yup. Rinse and repeat. Have fun, man.

GOOD LUCK!

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Hey Suspect. I saw you play in San Antonio like two weeks ago. As a fellow Kirby, dude, you are SICK.
Anyway, this is how I beat my bro's (Hiza) Snake.

Swallow snake if you can. Cook grenades, then shorthop and toss to stir him up.
Run and grab snake ONLY when he is placing C4.
When you do that, up throw, dodge the incoming down kick for snake.
where ever he lands, up kick and then roll left and then jump, fall with swing hammer.

Most snakes are kind of egotistical in their game and will retaliate to save face.
The hammer should connect, if it does not, spot dodge and then shorthop and Bair.

Yup. Rinse and repeat. Have fun, man.

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks man, i thought ur name seemed familiar :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
IC chaingrab its not hard when you know the controls just set "X" to grab and then you can grab with Nana (or Popo) after that its all up to you for the CG Infinite.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I played under the handle FATS, I came with SETH, WEMP, and HIZA.

I know you talked to Hiza, so yeah. You saw us.
That tournament was cool.

Are you coming to the First Tomball Monthly Grand Openning in Houston on January 3?

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
As we get closer to the date, I could give you a definite answer.
We are trying to get our venue together.
The owner of the place, who is WEMP's ans SETH's boss is getting kind of shady about the entire thing.
If all goes well, WEMP ans SETH will be able to host the thing successfully.
If not, we will move the event elsewhere, to a motel or hotel somewhere.

But yeah, the crew will like the news that there may be a probability that Suspect, of all people, might need to crash at one of our places.

There might be an after party for all who stay!

btw, where do you live?

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
You're best bet is to copy him, and spam grenades back, when he gets hit you have to make your move. When he's over the edge try to distract him with a grenade, and then use your hammer.

Its just a bad match up for Kirby. Snake lives to higher percentages most of the time because he so heavy, and Kirby isn't heavy enough for Snakes power.

Kirby can afford few mistakes against a Snake, but its not impossible. People usually have loose patterns that can be applied to the fight. Recognize his setups and learn the best ways to counter.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
But you should really take advantage of his horrible recovery, i.e., kirbycide and swallow him when he jumps over the edge. Fire him under the stage, get back on and enjoy your free taunt.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh Snake, my sentince for every person that pick Snake, "Real Men Don't Use Snake!" because it's hard to beat a good Snake player with the Super Tuff Pink Puff. You can't use too many tilt's because Snake's hit box is retarted long, you have to get the timing right if you want to grab Snake. The best way to deal with Snake is if you attack in the air, but the only problem is that Snake can jack up your Air moves with his Basic-B. However if you knock him off the edge, make sure he does Up-B and swollow him, Swollow is just like a grab and Snake will lose all his jumps when he get's traped with that move. It's not easy to do on a good Snake player though, but you can still use Hammer and force him to dodge when he use his Up-B.

Top Bottom