• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Pulled an All-nighter?

Matt

Banned via Administration
Originally posted by Scavenger382
they're thin, long dusty-blond hair (almost colorless), with glasses, pale skin (not necessarily with freckles), and a surprisingly nice body that they hide beneath frizzy sweaters and jeans. T
Minus the sweater, I think you just described me.

I'm going to cry myself to sleep now. G'night, cruel, cruel world!

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
I've pulled many a gaming all-nighter. mainly for RPGs like the .hack series, Tales of symphonia, and a couple of parties at friends' houses. Only had to pull a school all-nighter once to finish up a project. somehting like 8 essays per person in a 4 person group. it sucked. I literally fell asleep on the keyboard for a few minutes. woke up with about 5 pages of 'eeeeeeeeeee...'

infinity

Smash Apprentice
about 2 times a week. I usually get about 4 hours a week on average but that's because I go without sleep for 2 days and I sleep like 10 hours on friday and saturday. I don't feel tired, but I know my body is tired.

Oh, plus, I have "acute insomnia" or something to that extent. The doctor said something like that and my mom said what's the point on wasting money on something that's "acute". I agree.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Originally posted by Scavenger382
I had a friend who did something similar, B ;). He and his friend decided to see who could stay up for longer. By the 3rd day or so they were begging eachother to let it be a draw. By that point it just wasn't WORTH it anymore for em.
Yes, that description sums up EXACTLY what it was like for me. We started at 8AM, so 48 hours later it was the third day, and it sucked. We tried going outside and walking down the street to be active but even while walking in the bright sunlight it was a struggle to keep your head from constantly falling and popping back up again. We were just like "what the **** are we doing this for?" and stopped.

The key thing was we made it to 50 hours. The challenge happened because my brother and his friend had done 49 a different time. My friend and I said that was hella weak, and we would beat them. turns out it's pretty **** tough.

-B

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could take the 6-day Thanksgiving weekend to catch up on some much needed sleep, BUT I am going to take that challenge! I am betting that I can beat Bee's 50 hours no sweat. I'll even doccument it right here. The challenge begins Tuesday!

ZZZZzzzzzzzz

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Remember, the challenge includes starting at 8AM one day and not ingesting any sort of substances that helpyou stay awake life caffeine. Sleep is defined as 15 seconds of having your eyes closed.

I hope you do beat me, because it will mean that you're feeling as miserable as I was. :p

-B

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't need to prove myself. Unlike all of you, I'm already secure in my masculinity.

Sissies.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
My record was about 60 hours, but I had caffeine. I'm kind of interested in trying the Fifty Hour Challenge, though. I assume that a trip to Blockbuster is legal? There's some movies I need to see. And I never beat KOTOR on Xbox, I'll do that too.

I'm not going to start until Thanksgiving day though, because I only get a four-day break.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I have pulled in some freaky all nighters or over 60 hours with no sleep as well. When I started getting anime I was up watching everything I could. Then after 3 days of little to no sleep, I dropped for about 10 hours, then ate. My teeth hurt and so did my head, then I dropped again and slept some more. The bath came next and I believe someone knocked on the door and woke me up. Of course that wasnt as bad as being online a week straight, with 2 hours of sleep every day at most. I pull in about 2 all nighters a week, one being homework. The other being playing games, or online, or TV, or... yea thats it, I just dont have the room, or friends with any room to have LAN parties :(

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Well if you count Warcraft 2: BNE, Starcraft, and Diablo then it's somewhere around a years worth of lost sleep.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
No caffeine, eh? Well, my dad has heart problems, so all the tea and coffee in the house is caffeine-free. I'll need to be drinking something that makes me piss a lot, that always helps me stay up. The good thing about doing this at home is I can take a cold shower or two. Bathing is legal, right?

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Originally posted by Mediocre
No, and I'm still more masculine than you.
I will just revel in the glee of your comeback backfiring on you.

I think you video game fans will be able to beat my challenge. I was stuck being social...give me World of Warcraft and I'll have something to focus on.

Why not make it a SWF challenge, if more people are going to try it? Do it all on the same day, it's more fun when there's direct simultaneous competition.

-B

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
A few years ago, I dunno, maybe when I was about 15 or so, I stayed up for anywhere between 48 and 72 hours on a fairly regular basis, because I just really couldn't sleep. I drank an awful lot of caffeine to keep my brain working throughout the day (y'know, as much as my brain works at all, anyway). But I felt horrible all the time.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I officially started the challenge today. I woke up at exactly 8:00 A.M. I'm positive that's the earliest I've ever woken up on a day without school. It's about 3:00 right now, so that means I've been up for seven hours. I'm ready to give in to sleep!!! Just kidding. I thought about renting a game or buying a new one, but I don't feel like spending any money.

7:04 and counting. 42:56 to 50.

~-UPDATE-~

Argh! This is so lame! For some reason I thought that after 27 hours I could just lie down in bed and not doze off. I was only asleep for about 20 minutes and I still don't feel tired. Ugh. Oh well. I'm not trying again durning this break, at least that isn't what I plan to do. I do, however, have a two-week-long break in December..

!!OBJECTIVE FAILED!!
QUIT? - -- - -- - TRY AGAIN?

fantasm

Smash Apprentice
pulled several all nighters (a lot of them losin the time when talkin to friends online)

however, the winner has to be my friend ryan (grayfox) he has pulled 80 hours straight!!!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
i gotta have some sort of sleeping disorder... I usually pull 72s right after the other. sigh, i only sleep like two to three nights a week. just check my time stamps...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
i think my longest ive been awake i think was something around 80 hours too. ask Jasona, I'm never able to give him a good fight when I'm over 24 hours with out sleep.:beezo:

Anthony C

Smash Ace
Originally posted by UndrDog
i think my longest ive been awake i think was something around 80 hours too. ask Jasona, I'm never able to give him a good fight when I'm over 24 hours with out sleep.:beezo:
Woah...that's about 3.5 days. I've been away for almost 40 hours straight, which is a little less than two days in March.

KaoS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anyone experienced the opposite?

One time, two summers ago, I remember going to bed on Monday and waking up on Wednesday.

Racoonboy

Smash Cadet
I've been awake for about 30 hours now, last night I was watching Harry Potter And the Prisoner of azkkaban, and the night went by fast

Kaos, I never expireienced the opposite

Anthony C

Smash Ace
Originally posted by KaoS
Has anyone experienced the opposite?

One time, two summers ago, I remember going to bed on Monday and waking up on Wednesday.
How do you do that and did you have to piss for a half hour when you woke up?

Top Bottom