• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Event Mode Can Be Brutal

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I beat all of the solo and coop events on hard with event requirements! :D

Glad to have that over with... I did a lot of the events multiple times to do the requirements on lower difficulties though.
Good luck to all!

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I've completed all the events on hard and gotten all of the special requirements, let me just say that whoever was in charge of creating these events must not have play tested them because some of these events are WAAAAAY TOO HARD!!! In particular, you only win on the all-star events if the game wants you to, which leads to lots of rage. Kirby's Crazy Appetite was just stupid, IT'S LITERALLY JUST LUCK!!!! Aura Mastery is a lot easier if you use the snaring aura sphere to locate them, I don't see anyone mentioning no mere sparring match, that event was the last one I completed on hard, and it was rage-inducing. If attacked I would get countered, so I literally had to grab and throw them, which took forever by the way. One whiffed grab = death. The worst part about all of these is the lack of a retry button. Hearing the announcer yell FAILURE! every 5 seconds really doesn't help.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I completed all the solo events on hard, though there were times where I had to do it on another difficulty to get the requirements. I wish there was a retry button when you pause. Sadly, I have no one who could play co-op event matches with...my brothers aren't really interested in the game, and at most my younger brother only uses Link and maybe Ike on the rare occasions he plays.

I didn't use customs for events either...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was able to complete the following challenges earlier today.

For the "All-Star Battle: Secret" event, I did use the following custom for the job.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I cleared all events in Hard, got every reward with customization including only custom moves(usually used only for the All-star battles).
Kirby's Crazy Appetite was definitely the most difficult, but wasn't all about luck(aside for the part where there are 3 seconds left, you open a chest and it explodes), you mostly have to be conscious of qhere the D3 are coming and take the other path, choosing to fight only when you have the back to the wall, usually with the Bair or the jab and occasionally Utilt and Throws(never use the UThrow).
The event with Lucario against Sheik and Wii fit Trainer was pretty difficult, but eventually I cleared it, the most important thing is to abuse the low-levelled artifical intelligence:
  • After a chain of UTilts, they will not move outward, letting you to just charge a forward smash;
  • Sheik will almost always go into the Aura Sphere if you charge it at the start of the match;
  • In general, they choose to attack only after a while they realize they can, letting you to hit with ease when there's only one left.
The All-Star events where pretty simple, including Final Final battle, I just picked my 1-3-3-2 Ganondorf, positioned myself so that they would approach me from the front, then Flame Chain, wait for the get-up attack, Flame Chain again until tey go off-stage, then I position myself at the right distance for the Volcano edgeguard.
If there is only one opponent, I also can go for the Uair kill
I use WDK for dodging juggles and to kill in the same situation.
The event with Meta Knight vs. Marth was really easy actually, I cleared on hard at the second try, and in the first I already had him falling to the blast line but i messed up and failed to recover, dying before him.
You just have to hit him until he is offstage, where the princesses won't follow you, Meta Knight still has broken gimping abilities, that, fused with Marth's not-that-broken recovery make it so that you usually only have to hit him once offstage and he's as good as dead.
I think Warlock Blade and Dark Fists, especially the first may have uses too, but I didn't have them at the time.
Ovrall, I think the events where pretty challenging, but the variety of situations usually needs creativity in order to understand how to face them, and this is the reason of me liking them.
I still have to do the co-op ones though.

Last edited:

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Yes, Event Mode can be brutal, and it is. I was worried I could never finish all these events. But they weren't so bad once I kept pushing towards the goal. This gave me the chance to try out more characters I was rusty with, and the event was complete before I knew it.

Thankfully, you don't need to beat all events on Hard to get all the "Event mode" Challenges unlocked. Just to complete their secondary condition, which aren't terrifying either.

Once I did this, the relief and joy was too real. I was about to throw my game pad out the window if I kept losing. (Wouldn't really do that, but you know what I mean).

BIgLeagueAtlas

Smash Rookie
One tip for the last event.... DK. the AI cannot handle his down B, they just walk into it until they're at high enough percent to die to anything

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
Worst ones:
1. No Mere Sparring Match

2. Fitness Junkie

3. Mechanical Menace

4.KIRBY'S CRAZY APPETITE!!!!!!!

5. Aura Mastery

6. Yellow Devils
Mechanical Menace is really easy to me. Equip the Smash Monado, go near the upper left blast line, and b-throw your opponents. Metal Face isn't hard at all, especially with Buster and d-smashes.

Kirby's Crazy Appetite is a whole different story, though. It is BRUTAL.

The Co-op event where you need to defeat Duck Hunt and G&W on Gamer is ridiculous on Hard.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Kirby's Crazy Appetite isn't as bad once you learn that you heal more when you copy Dedede's ability then use his Inhale move to eat. It's still annoying on hard though.

Some of the co-op events are hard when there's only one controller I can use and I have to leave the other one doing nothing...

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel like the events in this game are pretty infuriating? Some of them, at least. There seems to be a few very difficult events to gold flag in and a lot of very easy gold flag events; not much in-between. I found the Wrecking Mario and It's Past Your Bedtime events to be especially insufferable on Hard.
Honestly i found all the events to be especially easy in this smash, even on hard. With the exception of that one kirby event where you have to eat food to get to 0%. That was hellish.

Top Bottom