• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
Although I would never move for a video game, it would seem as though my move from the UK to Canada had been very beneficial :p

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
Not optimism, it might very well land in Q3, but it's not 100% sure. One of the higher authoreties in nintendo of sweden is my source.

He said:

Ytterligare ett bevis på varför man inte ska lita på vissa inofficiella sidor och deras förhastade slutsatser. Allt baseras på att Nintendo idag skickade ut en lanseringslista, och på den finns inte Brawl med. Då tar alla för givet att det har blivit uppskjutet till andra halvan av 2008, vilket det inte har sagts ett ord om.
Tro inte på gonintendo.
Nintendo har inte sagt ett dyft om detta officiellt, och ett rykte som startas på gonintendo har ingen plats här.

Which means (roughly): Yet another reason why you should't trust some unofficial webpages and their early conclusions. It's all based on the fact that Nintendo today sent out a release list, and Brawl isn't on it. Then everyone takes it for granted that it has been delayed to the late half of year 2008, which has never been claimed. Don't trust gonintendo.
Nintendo haven't said anything about that officially, and a rumour that has been founded on gonintendo doesn't belong here.

ok, we have a slight boost in hope

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Considering that it was said that 'Anything not on the release list is after Q2, 2008 by Ninty'....that seems more reasonable. :/
Well, they didn't, gonintendo did. And SSBB may not be on the release list because maybe it counts as one of sora ltd.'s games.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
instead of appologising if its alraedy been posted, use the search then dont bother appologising

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
:mad:great. i just come back from my awesome holiday and i see this......

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH (punches wall)
****IN.HELL!!!!

This is the first and (hopefully) last time i will say this but.......

**** U NINTENDO!!
*exhales*

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
probably will come out 10 days after it arrives in the game shelfs in the US ,but not 4 months.......

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Because most of us are sick of this delay crap after 5-20 years of Nintendo.

Vy$e

Smash Rookie
We need more support for the new petition:
To: Nintendo of Europe

Dear NoE

The european gamers are not pleased with your decision to release the upcoming 1st-party game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" not before Summer/Fall 2008. You should be able to translate such a game within months! The european translation-team even posted translated screenshots at the SmashBros.com Homepage in each european language (Update from 2006-06-28) so there's a proof that the game has been translated from the beginning and not after the the development has reached a certain stage.

Why do we European have to suffer like this? There is no reason to delay the game either. We're the fans and we would like to buy the game as soon as possible and not a half year later after the original release in Japan and America.

Sincerely,
http://www.petitiononline.com/brawleu/petition.html

Subeinu

Smash Rookie
"A representative on behalf of Nintendo of Europe on December 6, 2007 confirmed with the media that the game will not be released until after June 2008. However, a day later, a spokesman refuted these claims insisting that there is currently no solid release date for Europe as yet."

Read on Wikipedia and here is the link for thoose who want to check it themselfs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

:)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Sorry for the kick, but I don't think it's necessary to open a new topic for this. A couple of friends tell me the EU release date is on February the 1st, because Amazon ''confirmed'' that. I highly doubt this is true, as it is before the US release date. Does anyone have more information on this? Because they really sounded sure about this, but I'm having high doubts about it. =/

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the kick, but I don't think it's necessary to open a new topic for this. A couple of friends tell me the EU release date is on February the 1st, because Amazon ''confirmed'' that. I highly doubt this is true, as it is before the US release date. Does anyone have more information on this? Because they really sounded sure about this, but I'm having high doubts about it. =/
Probably fake, but Amazon isn't known for it's fake release dates so it might be true. I don't have any hopes for it though, it would be great (And it's even possible, there's barely anything to translate in this game), but no.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Heh, well it might be true (and let's hope it is!) but we're all pretty certain it isn't. We'll never get the game before NA and if this was the release date then why hasn't it been confirmed alongside the other two?

The only thing this has going for it is that it's a specific date. I can understand them being a bit more vague and saying Febuary or Q1 but this is probably more of a mess up on Amazon's part. I'd say just ignore all release dates unless they're 100% confirmed.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Well I just checked Amazon.com and the release date stated there is 10 February...bummer

Edit: Wrong, I checked .com, but I checked co.uk after, and yes, it's the 1st of February :)
let's hope it's true...

Azura

Smash Cadet
Not to rain on the parade, but Amazon's release date estimates are often optimistic and get redone repeatedly. Amazon UK used to have Brawl slated for November, and since I have it on pre-order I've been thrown a notification email every time they've lengthened the date estimate my a month or so due to the previous ones literally going out of date.

I hope we get some good, solid release date news, and soon. I really don't want to import but not yet having a UK Wii and February inching closer and closer is making me more and more tempted. The game apparently going gold in Japan{and America?} and multilingual screenshots still being scarce on the dojo doesn't inspire confidence either.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but Nintendo of Europe needs a serious overhaul.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Toys R us had the US release date as December 3rd until dec 3rd showed up and they realized it was delayed. probably feb 1st was the expected release date prior to the delay, so the computer still has Feb 1st in the system.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
It's not just Europeans. Australians actually get games AFTER everyone else INCLUDING Europeans. So that means Australians are really not getting this game until... September of 2008 or later if these rumours are true. I'm going to import the game from Europe if the Australian one is revealed to be released 1 or 2 months later.

I don't get it though... surely there is a larger market in the PAL regions rather than the NTSC region. Wouldn't make more sense to release the PAL verions after the Japanese one and THEN release the American one?

ANGER ANGER ANGER

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
It's not just Europeans. Australians actually get games AFTER everyone else INCLUDING Europeans. So that means Australians are really not getting this game until... September of 2008 or later if these rumours are true. I'm going to import the game from Europe if the Australian one is revealed to be released 1 or 2 months later.

I don't get it though... surely there is a larger market in the PAL regions rather than the NTSC region. Wouldn't make more sense to release the PAL verions after the Japanese one and THEN release the American one?

ANGER ANGER ANGER
Usually just a week or two though. Sure, a week more after months is just like salt in the wound...but whatever. <_<;

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
The game has to appear somewhere on the net sooner or later...

Might as well sooner than later.
Pssht. You'll be lucky, my friend.

Yeah, I know people. It's hard not having the game that you've drooled waited so long for.

In my view, I seriously believe that PAL regions will have to wait another 3 months. Late March/Easter time.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Pssht. You'll be lucky, my friend.

Yeah, I know people. It's hard not having the game that you've drooled waited so long for.

In my view, I seriously believe that PAL regions will have to wait another 3 months. Late March/Easter time.
I think so too, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that the latest Nintendo Official magazine, Jan 2008 edition it has Spring 2008 next to Smash. However they are a magazine and I think they did a similar thing for Super Paper Mario so I wouldn't get excited at all yet. Next issue on the 18th of Jan should have the date I hope.

D

Deleted member

Basically, the game is run through a formula to convert the output signal of the game from NTSC to PAL & PAL60 in the vast majority of cases. The rare exceptions like Metroid Prime 2 are when the game engine causes lots of bugs and the like by the timing issues of PAL, so it just got PAL60.

What makes this even more excruciatingly painful is that every PAL TV in the past 10 years or so can use PAL60 (Pal 60 Hz Mode) with the same refresh rate as NTSC (60Hz), as opposed to PAL (50Hz).

PAL is basically NTSC with colour correction and a higher resolution (I think NTSC has 480 vertical lines while PAL has 530 or something). Essentially PAL60 is superior to NTSC in every possible way, while PAL is superior in all ways except for 10Hz of refresh rate (Your eyes can barely distinguish above 30Hz, though).

Just to give you an idea of how absurd the whole thing is, this is all done by the console Hardware. Eg, if you have a PAL Gamecube, and use some method to play a Japanese or American Gamecube game, the PAL gamecube itself will actually output the game's signal in PAL. Likewise, an American Gamecube would always output NTSC. The only thing controlled by the game in that regard is the refresh rate (Eg, an American Cube playing a PAL game that doesn't have a PAL60 option would actually output the signal as NTSC50, which no TV sold in America or Japan actually support).

So basically, the only thing that's stopping Nintendo from releasing the game simultaneously in Australia to America is the 5 minutes to program the function of switching the output frequency to optionally 50 or 60Hz and changing the region coding of the game, plus making the suitable adjustments that will allow the game to use the correct region's firmware (Jpn, US and PAL Wiis have slightly different firmware).
LMAO.

You wanna know the worst part? UK English is not recognised.

Will someone please tell me why a game delayed for language translation contains references to "honor"?

And what in ****'s name is a "mom"?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
sometimes this world we live in can be frustrating. here are some things that are bothering me now.

Now, i know none (little) of this is related, but i really have to get it off my chest. So if you dont care, just skip past this.

it would take AT MOST a day (according to my research) to translate NTSC to PAL. But, they wont, and theres nothing we can do about it.

television ads are louder than ever these days. Channel 10 in australia doesnt compress any of their audio. This means that even in one tv program, you have to turn it up very loud for 1 second to hear someone speaking at normal level, but when music starts playing or someone speaks slightly louder, your ears bleed. If channel 10 let me, i could easily compress all of their audio, since it requires no work at all. If i (a teenager) can figure out how to solve their problems, they should **** well let me, right?

Also, channel 10 was recently busted for subliminal advertising in their recent airing of the 2007 ARIAs. I mean it. if you didnt hear about it, google it or youtube it for details. Channel 10 deny it to be illegal, when it is. Channel 10 deny it to be subliminal, when it is.
Think about it. If someone bigger and stronger than you took something from you, what would you do if they denied it? They are impervious to your attacks, and refuse to reason with you.
You: "Hey, gimme that back. Thats stealing."
Them: "I didn't steal anything."
You: "Yes you did."
Them: "No I didnt."

etc.etc.etc

Hey, i just realized, this proves (for me at least) that writing angry letters and throwing them away works to get rid of anger and frustration.

Except instead of throwing it away, I'm gonna post it on the internet!

Enjoy!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
"A representative on behalf of Nintendo of Europe on December 6, 2007 confirmed with the media that the game will not be released until after June 2008. However, a day later, a spokesman refuted these claims insisting that there is currently no solid release date for Europe as yet."

Read on Wikipedia and here is the link for thoose who want to check it themselfs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

:)

Wikipedia doesn't know more than we do.
... Since I put in those sentences.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I guess even if I do have to wait 1 week and pay $100 USD for Brawl it's better than waiting 5 months. I'll never complain about about over priced games ever again.

Top Bottom