• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Dooms Dooms walk with me talk with me, where do you stand on the laundry Illuminati idea? I’m not at all for it given how stuff has played out right now.

What is your ideal direction for today given a pool of Soup, Z25 and Nabe?
Laundry controlling the town is actually ridiculous to me. That perspective for a lynch is 100% dead to me.

Z is someone I've talked about a lot, and I really don't see myself moving my vote from him because his play has revolved around REALLY bad walls. Soup is someone I'd be fine with if Z wasn't an option. I'm still developing my read on that due to struggling to get through AtE. Nabe is 100% null for me, which I can agree with being suspect, but I'm not going down that road over Z's scummy play.

Is there a reason you want Nabe over Soup or is him not being here just bothering you that much?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote: Soup
Why are you going Soup over Nabe?

Soup is someone I'd be fine with if Z wasn't an option. I'm still developing my read on that due to struggling to get through AtE.
To clarify on this, I'm fine with lynching him because the way he's played today as a whole and his Laundry/Kantrip reads are imo straight up ass, and the more I re-read the clarifications behind the reads, the more it goes from disagreement to "okay this Laundry read just doesn't add up and you're focusing way too much on his thoughts on this wagon with mostly afk players". I don't think that's stronger reasoning than every wall Z has posted being reaching garbage though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker that wasn't rhetorical btw. Where does a Soup scum flip lead you?
Z25. I disagree with your assertion that they wouldn't. I think we're looking at a world where the scum team is Soup/Z25 and likely one of Nabe/Ruy. I think that Soup is going nuts right now because if we hit the scum lynch then they're sunk.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why are you going Soup over Nabe?

To clarify on this, I'm fine with lynching him because the way he's played today as a whole and his Laundry/Kantrip reads are imo straight up ***, and the more I re-read the clarifications behind the reads, the more it goes from disagreement to "okay this Laundry read just doesn't add up and you're focusing way too much on his thoughts on this wagon with mostly afk players". I don't think that's stronger reasoning than every wall Z has posted being reaching garbage though.
I think we gain more then nabe.

Nabe is active but he’s not as fiercely engaged as usual.

Soups been going against Ryker, laundry, and has had reads for him throughout the game from various players.
We can learn a lot about each other I believe by seeing how he flips and looking back on previous posts.

I also want to see his flip because it would help me figure out his thought process with me better

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So is this a self preservation vote? Or do you genuinely think he's scum?

Where do you see yourself going depending on Soup's flip?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Actually, can I be real with you Z?

Do you actually think Laundry is scum? Or are you just advocating for Laundry lynch because it'll give us a TON of information?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Dunno if this is directed towards me, but I think Z25 has a definite chance of flipping scum

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We're 1.5 hours out from deadline. Laundry and Ryker are confirmed not going to be here. Can we get a general list of who will be here?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
These are both addressed for me right?

I’m not sure how much he’s scum. He’s definitely got scummy things going on this phase with his behavior but maybe he’s town. But I’m willing to listen to Ryker who I saying this is a scum play by soup and one that has been done in past games. I haven’t played much with soup so I want to see what the results would be.

If he flips town, laundry is worth a look at it, and maybe Ryker first and foremost. I’d go back and see how the rest of the users reacted to soup throughout the game and based further conclusions on those posts.
Actually, can I be real with you Z?

Do you actually think Laundry is scum? Or are you just advocating for Laundry lynch because it'll give us a TON of information?
I think there’s a good chance he could be scum. It’s partly my gut but also based on this phase. Like I said though right now for me to fully investigate laundry I think soups flip would be the best way. If soup is a mislynch it’s a bit rough but can help us figure out who’s scum better.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Where does a Z scum flip point you?

At this point, Kantrip, I think Nabe, and I have spoken out against it this phase. Kantrip hard pushed Z D1 so I'd assume many would be hard-pressed to make a connection there. Maybe that points people to Nabe? It might also strengthen your and Soup's resolve to hang me. Ryker's convinced I've misjudged Z and, on his scum flip, Ryker still pursues Soup. I can't speak for the rest of players but I imagine many would follow suit both because of Soup's own actions and because of how absolutely suicidal I'd have to be as scum to repeatedly defend Z25 this game.

Where does a Soup scum flip point you?

Soup's been good about isolating himself, regardless of whether it's been intentional or not, right now I think the only person defending him is Z. At the beginning of the phase, you mentioned you'd be ok with lynching him but Z and I were higher on your list so maybe, you're also looked at more closely? I can't say for certain.

It looks like the only certainty a Soup scum flip will give is Z's alignment. I'd put a Nabe flip on equal footing to that

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I’m not sure how much he’s scum. He’s definitely got scummy things going on this phase with his behavior but maybe he’s town. But I’m willing to listen to Ryker who I saying this is a scum play by soup and one that has been done in past games. I haven’t played much with soup so I want to see what the results would be.
Did Ryker say bolded? iIrc Ryu has been the one pushing this way more than Ryker (specifically for the meta reasoning).

If you had to strictly go off of who you thought was scum and not the information to get reads on other people, where would your vote go? Note that after this, we only have one more non-nomination phase before we're in Lylo if we don't hit scum today/in nomination.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Lost internet for a bit. That's at Dooms Dooms

Also, to clarify, by the last line I mean a Nabe flip would give me certainty on at least one other slot as well.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lost internet for a bit. That's at Dooms Dooms

Also, to clarify, by the last line I mean a Nabe flip would give me certainty on at least one other slot as well.
Okay I understand the scum perspective. Consider the town side of things though. The fact that Soup has no one defending him means that we have a LOT of people to look at if he flips town. Kind of same with Z since most people are on board with that.

If Nabe flips town, we get literally nothing imo. Town and scum Ryu would both go there because he struggles to deal with AFK slots and wants them gone regardless of alignment, but I'll concede that meta aside we'd get info on Ryu.

If we're lynching for scum, I'm going to be on Z personally but I'll understand people going Soup and maybe Nabe if they don't feel the other two. If we're lynching for info, Nabe gives us nothing unless he flips scum.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
About an hour out. I'm assuming we're getting a vote count in a few, but still gonna put this out there anyways.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did Ryker say bolded? iIrc Ryu has been the one pushing this way more than Ryker (specifically for the meta reasoning).

If you had to strictly go off of who you thought was scum and not the information to get reads on other people, where would your vote go? Note that after this, we only have one more non-nomination phase before we're in Lylo if we don't hit scum today/in nomination.
I’m pretty sure it was Ryker that said it, which lead to his outburst. Let me see if I can find it.

Now if I went off of no reads from flips. I’d probably end up going for nabe.

He’s not his usually self. I’ve just played two games back to back with him. One where he was scum and one where he was town. He played pretty different but games but was still pretty active. Here he isn’t nowhere near as active.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
On Soup's town flip, where do you go Dooms Dooms ?
If Soup flips town I'd have to reconsider my read on Laundry/Ryker/Kantrip (in Laundry > Kantrip > Ryker order). Laundry has kind of sat on Soup scum for a phase and a half now, and while I still feel like he's really townie, that's something I'd definitely have to look at. Kantrip has been a few different places and has been contributing a lot outside of Soup (he kind of replaced Laundry this phase tbh), but if Soup flips town I need to go back to his Soup read and why he dropped Z over it. Ryker is the weakest out of the 3 I'd have to reconsider because him jumping on is mostly AtE type stuff which is... not a lot to go off of?

Outside of reconsidering those, Ryu's jump onto Soup was kind of sketchy and really meta heavy. Would look pretty bad on town flip because there isn't much else going on his push aside from that meta, and I've definitely seen Soup do this AtE **** as both alignments.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
He’s not his usually self. I’ve just played two games back to back with him. One where he was scum and one where he was town. He played pretty different but games but was still pretty active. Here he isn’t nowhere near as active.
Wouldn't this imply that the fact that he's afk is due to irl stuff if it wasn't a problem in a game where he was scum?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If Soup flips town I'd have to reconsider my read on Laundry/Ryker/Kantrip (in Laundry > Kantrip > Ryker order). Laundry has kind of sat on Soup scum for a phase and a half now, and while I still feel like he's really townie, that's something I'd definitely have to look at. Kantrip has been a few different places and has been contributing a lot outside of Soup (he kind of replaced Laundry this phase tbh), but if Soup flips town I need to go back to his Soup read and why he dropped Z over it. Ryker is the weakest out of the 3 I'd have to reconsider because him jumping on is mostly AtE type stuff which is... not a lot to go off of?

Outside of reconsidering those, Ryu's jump onto Soup was kind of sketchy and really meta heavy. Would look pretty bad on town flip because there isn't much else going on his push aside from that meta, and I've definitely seen Soup do this AtE **** as both alignments.
To add onto this, Z looks weird on Soup town flip with this recent vote for information and their odd "interactions" with eachother, but tbh that's kind of just the norm at this point in the game.

I don't know where my vote would go out of this whole pool, and considering I'd have to re-read my two biggest town slots, I don't feel comfortable defaulting to Z in that scenario.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't ****ing stand this garbage. Would winning like this even make you feel good? This garbage robs the game of all meaning. You ****ing go off in thread and everyone believes you and you win as scum because people have a shred of compassion or you ****ing go off in thread and everyone backs off because they believe your outburst and you win the game as town despite the fact you should be dead by all ****ing right.

I hate this WIFOM. It's the worst kind. You literally come down and tell me I'm ruining the ****ing game by trying to play like I signed up to do. When you go the goddamn self-vote route you put me in a scenario where either I risk losing the game because I want to believe you actually are upset and I want to do something about it or I ****ing smash you and if I'm wrong and I've made your entire experience worse and you stop playing with me.

Leave that **** at the door. It's so ****ing stupid. Mafia is a game where you have to enter with the stipulation that you're going to play with some basic human ****ing decency. You play the game. You don't complain about the game. It's so ****ing dumb.

I am incredibly upset about this stupid ****. You aren't even the first one to do it. Literally every player who has been on the chopping block has done it. I HATE this ****.
Wouldn't this imply that the fact that he's afk is due to irl stuff if it wasn't a problem in a game where he was scum?
My bad Ryker wasn’t fully saying it was soup. But that he’s watched this tactic before which really set him off yesterday.

As for this post, the wording is a little confusing.

Are you asking if it could be irl stuff that makes him less active?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Current vote count (as of post #1313):
  • ѕoup: 3 (Laundry, Ryker, Z25)
  • Red Ryu: 1 (Kantrip)
  • Z25: 2 (KY Joey, ѕoup)
  • Nabe: 2 (Red Ryu, Disfunkshunal)

Not currently voting: Nabe

2 hours and 15 minutes remain in this phase. (posting now since I dunno if I'll be here again before deadline)
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Looks like this is actual vote count. I need to pay more attention LOL.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
My bad Ryker wasn’t fully saying it was soup. But that he’s watched this tactic before which really set him off yesterday.

As for this post, the wording is a little confusing.

Are you asking if it could be irl stuff that makes him less active?
I'm asking that if he was more active as both scum and town, why is the lack of activity a scum tell instead of null?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
UNVOTE

This removes any chance of tying and self-hammering. If nothing else of interest comes up, I'll put my vote back on Soup at the 10 minute mark.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm asking that if he was more active as both scum and town, why is the lack of activity a scum tell instead of null?
He was probably about the same. But the second game where he was town we lynched mafia back to back so it was really quick.

However when scum he managed to win because no one listened to the facts I pointed to and lynched me instead allowing him to win. I had a lot of interactions with him that game so I think my reads are decent for him.

As scum he opened the game pretending to have a silencer effect and only post images. This made so many buy he was town even though he was The Godfather and that’s not how silencer works. He magically could talk the next day and lynched anyone who knew the truth.
He made his presence known, but it only worked because that game has abilities.

Here if he’s scum he’d need a different approach.

The second game he literally only asked questions throughout the whole game as town and just didn’t do much. He was like philosophy major.

He seems to be someone that acts completely different differently each game. So keeping a low profile wouldn’t shock me if he’s scum. But right now I don’t truly know what to think of him. Just that if I had to I’d rather lynch him for his different behavior because it’s better to be safe then sorry.

Nabe seems very good and putting up an act so he’s hard to unravel.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Laundry controlling the town is actually ridiculous to me. That perspective for a lynch is 100% dead to me.

Z is someone I've talked about a lot, and I really don't see myself moving my vote from him because his play has revolved around REALLY bad walls. Soup is someone I'd be fine with if Z wasn't an option. I'm still developing my read on that due to struggling to get through AtE. Nabe is 100% null for me, which I can agree with being suspect, but I'm not going down that road over Z's scummy play.

Is there a reason you want Nabe over Soup or is him not being here just bothering you that much?
More confident the slot is motivated by malicious intent than the other two from the limited content. I’m not a fan of shadow games and the way I can’t hold him to much.

Soup doung ATE isn’t my problem. It’s how I know he will he intentionally manipulative with it in past games and here he did it as well. I find it to be gross since instead of trying to figure out the puzzle it’s trying to play conspiracy theory and throwing a tantrum to get his lynch.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I find it to be gross since instead of trying to figure out the puzzle it’s trying to play conspiracy theory and throwing a tantrum to get his lynch.
You're right. Misspoken on my part and probably doesn't hold you as accountable.

He seems to be someone that acts completely different differently each game. So keeping a low profile wouldn’t shock me if he’s scum. But right now I don’t truly know what to think of him. Just that if I had to I’d rather lynch him for his different behavior because it’s better to be safe then sorry.
See, the problem here is that I see you keep on saying things about Nabe that he could do things as scum, but why wouldn't he be doing these things as town? For the person you would lynch as a scum read, this doesn't seem very strong at all.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
RYU UNVOTE PLEASE Soup has already shown that he's willing to hammer himself. Or do we just want to end the day now?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Okay.

To clarify Z, I'm not saying "For the person you would lynch as a scum read, this doesn't seem very strong at all." as a backhanded thing, it just makes me doubt that this is your actual strongest scum read if it's so meta heavy and inconsistent.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Currently on a bus 10 minutes from home and the bus is stopping at every single ****ing stop, so I might not be around exactly at deadline and results might be a little late.

For reference, if I do miss deadline and don't post for the end of the phase, I'll count votes cast up to 9:59pm, votes timed at 10:00pm or later won't get counted.

Top Bottom