• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're right. Misspoken on my part and probably doesn't hold you as accountable.

See, the problem here is that I see you keep on saying things about Nabe that he could do things as scum, but why wouldn't he be doing these things as town? For the person you would lynch as a scum read, this doesn't seem very strong at all.
well this is a read your said you’d want me to make without flips or reads. With those my strongest scum read is laundry. But again soup plays a big factor in weather or not this is true. We will know soon enough it seems.

As for nabe he contributed plenty still in both games even if the second one was philosophy for the most part. It was still more activity then here which is why I said on that with no flips or other factors I’d lynch nabe. Without his play activity being just enough to seem like a decent contributor I don’t trust it that well.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
well this is a read your said you’d want me to make without flips or reads. With those my strongest scum read is laundry. But again soup plays a big factor in weather or not this is true. We will know soon enough it seems.

As for nabe he contributed plenty still in both games even if the second one was philosophy for the most part. It was still more activity then here which is why I said on that with no flips or other factors I’d lynch nabe. Without his play activity being just enough to seem like a decent contributor I don’t trust it that well.
Oh, misunderstanding then. I was basically asking who your strongest scum read was because it didn't seem to be Soup.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, misunderstanding then. I was basically asking who your strongest scum read was because it didn't seem to be Soup.
Ah I see. My mistake didn’t know you weren’t taken into account the without flips or reads part.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Results:
  • ѕoup: 4 (Laundry, Ryker, Z25, Red Ryu)
  • Red Ryu: 1 (Kantrip)
  • Z25: 2 (KY Joey, ѕoup)

Not voting: Disfunkshunal, Nabe

Dark Hunter

Their long whips are useful in weakening their foes. Proper use of a Dark Hunter greatly expands your options in battle.
Weapons: Whips, Swords
Special attackers who shine on the front line.

You are the party's Dark Hunter! Are these guys even allowed here, with their whips and tight leather outfits, and how they're basically walking references to...? I don't know, but I'm using them anyway. Try torturing your enemies until they give you the information you want - if that doesn't work, maybe you can come up with other ways of convincing them...

== Party Member ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
  • Note that on even-numbered days, you can only vote for the players nominated by the FOEs, who will be named by the host at the start of those days.
  • You are aligned with the Party.
  • You win when all threats to the party have been defeated.

----------------------------------------------------

End of the 3rd Stratum (Day 3).

The game will resume 24 hours from now (10pm UTC, November 19th).

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Dooms Dooms Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Z25 Z25 Kantrip Kantrip #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As you climb ever higher, the air chills around you, and the water flows no more.
Ice as far as the eye can see. You glance at the frozen lakes, and your own tired eyes stare back.
Watch your step. One wrong move could send you down a slippery slope to your group's demise.
But the monsters do not fear the cold. Their pursuit will not pause if you lose your footing.
Sometimes you need to make the first move to break the ice...

4th Stratum - Frozen Grounds

(https://i.imgur.com/0Z5DjyG.jpg)

Welcome to the 4th Stratum (Day 4)!

The deadline is 48 hours from now (10pm UTC, November 21st).

In 24 hours (10pm UTC, November 20th), majority lynch comes into effect. With 8 players alive, if a player reaches 5 votes after this point, they will be lynched immediately and the phase will end.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Dooms Dooms Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Z25 Z25 Kantrip Kantrip #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also smart. Laundry who would theoritically face a lot of heat now is missing from the pool.

Someone who would be an obvious lynch after soups flip imo. And super easy for scum to push if town.

Interesting....

D

Deleted member

am i allowed to question why the flavor went from Azure Rainforest to the Frozen Grounds in here?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

Why'd you vote Soup at the end of the day yesterday and give him an opportunity to quick lynch himself? He didn't take the opportunity but you provided him with one.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Z25 Z25
You mentioned that Joey was one of your scum reads. Has his play yesterday done anything to strengthen/weaken that view?

Dooms Dooms
You mentioned that Z25 was one of your scum reads. Has his play yesterday done anything to strengthen/weaken that view?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Dooms Dooms
Where's your head at now?
My thoughts vary drastically depending on what agendas Ryu/Z push if I'm being honest.

Disregarding the pool choice today, I REALLY don't like how Z was willing to make a full on case on Pokechu at the end of the day and then back off of it completely. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls the same thing for Soup at this point since when we talked, he wanted this lynch more for information than to actually lynch scum (and the comment about Laundry lines up with this logic). This also is VERY bad for town to think considering that if we mislynch in this nomination, we're going to be in lylo.

If I ignored mechanics, my vote would be on Z 100%.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
My thoughts vary drastically depending on what agendas Ryu/Z push if I'm being honest.

Disregarding the pool choice today, I REALLY don't like how Z was willing to make a full on case on Pokechu at the end of the day and then back off of it completely. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls the same thing for Soup at this point since when we talked, he wanted this lynch more for information than to actually lynch scum (and the comment about Laundry lines up with this logic). This also is VERY bad for town to think considering that if we mislynch in this nomination, we're going to be in lylo.

If I ignored mechanics, my vote would be on Z 100%.
To add onto this, Z looks weird on Soup town flip with this recent vote for information and their odd "interactions" with eachother, but tbh that's kind of just the norm at this point in the game.

I don't know where my vote would go out of this whole pool, and considering I'd have to re-read my two biggest town slots, I don't feel comfortable defaulting to Z in that scenario.
Have you had an opportunity to re-read your two biggest town slots? If so, can you elaborate on why you've landed back on Z? And also, if you have re-read, what does your read list look like now?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
EBWOP for clarification: Can you elaborate and what makes Z still your scummiest read, after your re-read?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25
You mentioned that Joey was one of your scum reads. Has his play yesterday done anything to strengthen/weaken that view?

Dooms Dooms
You mentioned that Z25 was one of your scum reads. Has his play yesterday done anything to strengthen/weaken that view?
I still think it’s possible he’s scum. But this is quite the pool for today so I want to do some thinking.

Like I said it’s offly convienant laundry despite how easy it would be to push him after soups flip somehow missed the pool today. Now I don’t fully know if that means scum wanted this to push laundry latter or if they made a really poor mistake to try and protect him.

But I think the goal could be the later but we’ll see some manipulation used to try and strengthen whatever push they want today. The events should be interesting. Right now though I still think Joey is a pretty decent possibility.

Out of this pool it would make no sense if I was scum for them to sac me like that(we saw this with pokechu supposedly but like I said I doubt he was scum). Ryker can honestly go either way but is a little riskier. But it’s odd he’s there back to back. I wonder what the reasoning is.

Ryu could really go either way but I haven’t got any scum vibes from his posts.

Joey is someone in my scum list but he thread doesn’t agree with my togughts most of the time so I could see scum think they could sneak him in avoid supiscion and push someone else.

This is for the mostly speculation
Z25 Z25 What did you get out of Soup flipping town? Any read changes or did it just strengthen your read on Laundry?
It strengthens my read on laundry. I really trust and agree with soups last posts on how he was essentially targeted by laundry with no real reason. Laundry’s post look pretty bad if we look at his posts now.

He really doesn’t look good imo. Ryker is also kind of sketchy based on his outbursts yesterday but I think he’s got a decent townie flip hands now.

Unless he was big brain thinking and thought his outburst would make him seem town because he would know soup would flip town after that outburst and thus his outburst would seem town and make him look frustrated at what he thought was scum.

But I really find that unlikely. It makes more sense with this setup and pool that Ryker would likely be a town flip but who knows.

Outside of that I’m still reviewing the voices of others on soup to see if anything seems off looking back.

But I think soups flip was a pretty helpful one. Did I want to lynch someone i thought was town? No but most people ended the discussion and left until after deadline that thought wasn’t going anywhere and anyone else would be a crack shot and wouldn’t be as useful to us if a mislynch.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Have you had an opportunity to re-read your two biggest town slots? If so, can you elaborate on why you've landed back on Z? And also, if you have re-read, what does your read list look like now?
I haven't gotten the chance to re-read actually and am actually in the process of doing it now.

The reason I comfortably say that about Z though is because 1) Kantrip/Laundry aren't in the pool and 2) My reads on neither of them will change my thoughts on Z. If Z isn't the top of my scum list, he'll still be there.

But yeah I'm re-reading now with a focus on Kantrip/Laundry/Soup.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Outside of reconsidering those, Ryu's jump onto Soup was kind of sketchy and really meta heavy. Would look pretty bad on town flip because there isn't much else going on his push aside from that meta, and I've definitely seen Soup do this AtE **** as both alignments.
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu address this. You kinda do so in your #1354, but you ultimately say "It being AtE isn't what makes me vote soup, [more meta] makes me vote soup.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Kantrip Kantrip , According to your #1232, you either believe that Nabe and I are both scum or that this pool holds at least one mafioso. Are you still leaning towards Ryu or has EoD changed your view?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
TL;DR is that it doesn't change much.

The thing with Soup's scum read on 3K is that while it was clarified multiple times, the fact of the matter was that it was mostly focused on stuff that shouldn't have mattered 3 phases into the game. It simply wasn't things that 3K should be lynched for or be sitting at the top of your scum list. The biggest example that pops out to me is "what townie posts to remind people it's L-1". This isn't the type of stuff that should be in your "if I die, definitely look here" list. I'm following Kantrip here more than Laundry, but I definitely can't fault either of them for putting Soup in their scum reads. Neither of their pushes are opportunistic, it's just calling it as it is. Especially since I'm still in the boat that Soup's scum reads on Kantrip/Laundry were just straight up bad and scummy with the reasoning provided.

Something I did gather on re-read though is that if I were to reconsider my read on Kantrip, it would be on Z scum flip. The switch from Z was fine at first, but now that his vote went from Ryker to Pokechu to Laundry to Soup, I'm not buying the "he could have been coached to retract his scum read on me" argument. The argument was weak from the get-go because everyone's read on Kantrip improved around that time and there were strong mechanical reasons for people to do so, but at this point it just doesn't really stand anymore imo. This isn't enough at the time to make me want to jump on Kantrip, but it's something I do want to explore if Z flips.

Read list ordered:

Town: Laundry, Ryker, Kantrip, Disfunk
Null: Nabe, Ryu
Scum: Z

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Unless Kantrip is pulling the deception act of the year and mafia is ballsy enough to comprise 3/4 slots not in the pool, a scum put themselves up as a viable lynch choice today

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Maybe more. I don't think all three are in there but if only one is, I'm wrong about one of Kantrip or Funko. Nabe conveniently standing back while town kills itself is a bad look, though **** me if I have anything more to gauge his alignment than that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Dooms Dooms What is your Ryker read?

He's still Town. Given Ryker's play, I don't have a reason to think Ryker is scum when there are slots like Nabe (who literally hasn't been here), Ryu (who hasn't actually given a lot and the things he has given were pushed aside for a sketch Soup vote), and Z. The way he sat on Soup isn't scummy to me at all and most of his reads make sense.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

Why'd you vote Soup at the end of the day yesterday and give him an opportunity to quick lynch himself? He didn't take the opportunity but you provided him with one.
I did it due to it being near the end of the day and I had little to really provide at that point outside of a flip and Nabe wasn't going anywhere, less than an hour left and I has no idea I was going to be around or not so put my vote somewhere better.

I wish Soup stuck on him since I was getting annoyed at Nabe sidelining and found that to be more sketch than current stuff going on.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu address this. You kinda do so in your #1354, but you ultimately say "It being AtE isn't what makes me vote soup, [more meta] makes me vote soup.
I don't give him leverage when he does this. Especially after he pulled the bs as scum where he did the same crap here and then replaced out, then gloating post game he did it as a tactic.

I might give leeway to most players, but not one I know from meta do it to gain sympathy and do it manipulatively.

Unless I feel super strongly about something, Nabe siding around and doing jack all of day 2 and giving me squat when I asked him to address me on his overall reads.

I hate this tactic, because if he was wrong about Laundry then it was a waste of time and if he was right then Laundry has easy answers to why he wanted him lynch and no one would really read much into ATE ramblings.

If you are mad and angry at the game and want people to listen to you, I get it. But when I see Soup do it, it looks like he does it manipulately to be listened to. I find it to be much worse, especially if he is scum and replaces out as a "tactic"

Tl;Dr it's anti town and I hate it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm legit at a point where quick voting nabe in Lylo tomorrow is an A-ok thing with me.

He hasn't been in any of the pools and done much to make me think he is town.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Although there was a brief wagon on me, I think that I was a pretty poor lynch yesterDay. I mean, I might be somewhat biased. But I don't think that my flip would have said a word about the slots voting for me (Ryu, Soup, DFk), except that they could all agree that lynching a skeleton player at deadline was better than the varied meat on offer.

More importantly, the wagon backed off and broke apart inorganically. Soup flopped back to Laundry from me, presumably thinking he could cover that ground. Then he voted Z25 for 'self-preservation'. Then Disfunk unvoted me, supposedly to prevent a tie between me and Soup, which meant I had a single vote from Ryu. So that allowed Ryu to say, "Oops, Nabe can't happen, deadline's on the way," and then vote for Soup. But we don't need majority, and I think that an ongoing Nabe wagon would have found its supporters, especially in Soup who had brought up self-preservation as reasoning. All Soup would have needed was the smallest prompt, IMO.

I think the scumteam chose Soup in that moment as a more effective use of the lynch over me. It seems like both Ryu and Disfunk have me baked in as the lynch in a LyLo situation toMorrow. Ryu started the wagon on me yesterDay, and got off when I think very gentle prodding would have gotten a lynch. I'm a bit more suspicious of Disfunk, because I don't think that Ryu is in great shape being in this pool of nominations. But I wonder if he thinks he is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Prefer lynching Z today, lynching him is more likely to net scum from that pool.

Want to reread a bit into Joey, I feel a bit better after talking with him but I'm not sold with being buddy buddy as I want to be.

Ryker I think is likely town given a lot of the posts and general content.

Laundry might be scum given of the pool of 3 on day 2 he might have been my pick after pokechu.

I want Nabe's head.

Kantrip is likely town, but he's gonna gun for me today likely. Kantrip Kantrip Can we chat so you get that I am town, thanks buddy.

Disfunk has more content and I want to dig into it to see where he fits into all of this.

Current team idea is Z, Nabe, (Laundry/Disfunk/Joey that I need to figure out leaning on Laundry first on gut reaction among those 3)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Prefer lynching Z today, lynching him is more likely to net scum from that pool.

Want to reread a bit into Joey, I feel a bit better after talking with him but I'm not sold with being buddy buddy as I want to be.

Ryker I think is likely town given a lot of the posts and general content.

Laundry might be scum given of the pool of 3 on day 2 he might have been my pick after pokechu.

I want Nabe's head.

Kantrip is likely town, but he's gonna gun for me today likely. Kantrip Kantrip Can we chat so you get that I am town, thanks buddy.

Disfunk has more content and I want to dig into it to see where he fits into all of this.

Current team idea is Z, Nabe, (Laundry/Disfunk/Joey that I need to figure out leaning on Laundry first on gut reaction among those 3)
So out of curiosity, when I flip town what do you think your reads would be if I was gone?

Who would your main ideas be?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Although there was a brief wagon on me, I think that I was a pretty poor lynch yesterDay. I mean, I might be somewhat biased. But I don't think that my flip would have said a word about the slots voting for me (Ryu, Soup, DFk), except that they could all agree that lynching a skeleton player at deadline was better than the varied meat on offer.

More importantly, the wagon backed off and broke apart inorganically. Soup flopped back to Laundry from me, presumably thinking he could cover that ground. Then he voted Z25 for 'self-preservation'. Then Disfunk unvoted me, supposedly to prevent a tie between me and Soup, which meant I had a single vote from Ryu. So that allowed Ryu to say, "Oops, Nabe can't happen, deadline's on the way," and then vote for Soup. But we don't need majority, and I think that an ongoing Nabe wagon would have found its supporters, especially in Soup who had brought up self-preservation as reasoning. All Soup would have needed was the smallest prompt, IMO.

I think the scumteam chose Soup in that moment as a more effective use of the lynch over me. It seems like both Ryu and Disfunk have me baked in as the lynch in a LyLo situation toMorrow. Ryu started the wagon on me yesterDay, and got off when I think very gentle prodding would have gotten a lynch. I'm a bit more suspicious of Disfunk, because I don't think that Ryu is in great shape being in this pool of nominations. But I wonder if he thinks he is.
I never consider an inactive to be a bad lynch unless it is lylo.

I never ever ever do.

If I ever roll vig again I just gun after inactives because if someone is not posting much I'll likely just off them and do town a favor.

And we would learn something, a lot of people said they would want me dead if you flipped town. Oops Ruy guess he gonna die but that ain't the hard body way to not go with the lynch in his heart, that is the hard body way of the Ruy.

Half of this doesn't matter since Soup flipped town, we know why he did it and I wish he did stick to you if anything else. But what about Disfunk? Do you find what he did to be that bad.

Sure we do not need a majority, but if they both jump ship a 1 vote wonder ain't gonna do it. Do you think people would have done it? I pushed it and it got steam since I've been increasing unhappy with how close to the chest you have been. Normal for you, but when you do give content it's not really helpful or give me much to go on.

This doesn't say anything for the current pool, so if so. Would you like to enlighten me on what you think is the best direction and how he feel about the others in the current pool of 4?

Because the above I quoted tells me nothing outside of myself which is really a lot of fluff about me.

Top Bottom